Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats up with the "Backback Wipe"?

Default URGENT: DO NOT LOG IN

I already posted about the Growtopia gazette, I am almost certain whoever hacked Growtopia waited till today, so people will assume it's just April Fool's. Don't even bother logging in, inventories are getting wiped, if you change pass, the hackers will just know your pass again. If you thought this might be Ubisoft just trolling, why would they troll on such a huge scale?
    There's no reason to why they would be doing this and it's like midnight in Abu Dhabi right now. Even if this was a troll, think about how hard it would be for Ubisoft to reverse all the destruction done to people. This could convince people to ditch Growtopia.

We had previous experiences of major hacking issues in Growtopia and this is definitely one of the worst ever. Inventories getting wiped, people getting banned and such. If you think this is just a joke, think again. Why would they risk losing thousands of players over a joke? Banning people, wiping their inventories randomly? Zfert himself said if this is a prank, he'll step down. The start of the problem was when the hackers started experimenting, with I believe the BUYGHC problem from early on.
    Name:  unknown.png
Views: 760
Size:  9.7 KB

p.s. Zfert is trying to contact Ubisoft, but no success due to holiday.
    Last edited by DemondoomGT; 03-31-2018 at 11:13 PM.
    IGN: Demondoom
    Level: 71
    #FishTrainingJustice

Master Sorcerer

lol i just logged in right after reading this

Lesser Wizard

Is it too late now?

Quote Originally Posted by DemondoomGT View Post
    I already posted about the Growtopia gazette, I am almost certain whoever hacked Growtopia waited till today, so people will assume it's just April Fool's. Don't even bother logging in, inventories are getting wiped, if you change pass, the hackers will just know your pass again. If you thought this might be Ubisoft just trolling, why would they troll on such a huge scale?
    There's no reason to why they would be doing this and it's like midnight in Abu Dhabi right now. Even if this was a troll, think about how hard it would be for Ubisoft to reverse all the destruction done to people. This could convince people to ditch Growtopia.

p.s. Zfert is trying to contact Ubisoft
    Oh damn. Rollback? I mean... Ubisoft has done some crazy things in the past. We still have a hope that this is just their publicity stunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by abala100 View Post
    Mods why i got banned i just used cheat engine
    My dead YouTube channel

My Instagram

VOTW is a rickroll video... it's clearly a joke.
    Just a dude who likes to code things. Feel free to ask me questions related to programming.
    Code:
    PHP, JS, C#, HTML, CSS.
    JQuery  //Not really it's own language but it might as well be:panic:

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderkg View Post
    Oh damn. Rollback? I mean... Ubisoft has done some crazy things in the past. We still have a hope that this is just their publicity stunt.
    Nope no way. They don't want to lose players, this would be a stupid way to lose thousands of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Graalix View Post
    VOTW is a rickroll video... it's clearly a joke.
    Are you kidding me, why would they publicly post news with "How to hack Growtopia" and link to a hacker forums? TO indirectly promote hacking? The hackers waited till April Fool's, made it seem like a joke. They're manually wiping the inventories of people, which is why some people still have items in their inventory.
    IGN: Demondoom
    Level: 71
    #FishTrainingJustice

Master Sorcerer

Why would you assume hacker and them knowing our passes it's a bug where inventory spaces are wiped out not some password issue bruh

It's more system than passwords
    Hey it's me

Ign:Manup

"If you're too open-minded; your brains will fall out.”
    ― Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Why do people say "no offense" right when they're about to offend you?

Quote Originally Posted by DemondoomGT View Post
    Nope no way. They don't want to lose players, this would be a stupid way to lose thousands of players.

Are you kidding me, why would they publicly post news with "How to hack Growtopia" and link to a hacker forums? TO indirectly promote hacking? The hackers waited till April Fool's, made it seem like a joke. They're manually wiping the inventories of people, which is why some people still have items in their inventory.
    You clearly have no idea what a joke is.
    Just a dude who likes to code things. Feel free to ask me questions related to programming.
    Code:
    PHP, JS, C#, HTML, CSS.
    JQuery  //Not really it's own language but it might as well be:panic:

Seems like the link to the hacking forum is removed from /news... Don't think it was actually ubi trolling tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Manup View Post
    Why would you assume hacker and them knowing our passes it's a bug where inventory spaces are wiped out not some password issue bruh

It's more system than passwords
    But we're not even sure if it's a bug or not. It's just people are posting it to the bug & glitches sub forum
    Quote Originally Posted by abala100 View Post
    Mods why i got banned i just used cheat engine
    My dead YouTube channel

My Instagram

if you are working togather with ubisoft to make panic on the forum to make this complicated joke looks real, i swear I will haunt you to your second life!
    plus, today April fool's day and Easter falls at the same date
    and Easter is obviously more importaint than April fool's day, so be honest please!
    Last edited by Jonatan575; 03-31-2018 at 11:58 PM.
    IGN-jonatan575
    MY GOAL

Achieved Goal

Current Status

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderkg View Post
    But we're not even sure if it's a bug or not. It's just people are posting it to the bug & glitches sub forum
    I lost all my item
    Hey it's me

Ign:Manup

"If you're too open-minded; your brains will fall out.”
    ― Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Why do people say "no offense" right when they're about to offend you?