Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too much Grinding

Default Too much Grinding

Hello

Now, I am going to criticise the guild update- before you say 'you've guys suggested it and now you don't like it smh' please note A I didn't suggest it,(but I like it) and B I can't order food and then not complain about the bad quality just because I ordered it.

OK my point
    The game is relying more and more on grinding more specifically, farming. Take lvl 2 to 3 as an example- 1,200,00 xp required. Split this amongst 10 players (the max)and that's 120,000 xp EACH. I think that's levels 49 to 50 or so. Not only is the chances of each member working their bum off to fulfill this, but some probably don't work as much as others. That's 12,000 pepper trees to break. 1 farm holds 2.5k, 5 full farms of pepper trees. 10 people mean so 50 FULL FARMS of pepper trees. When joining a guild, do you expect to do a fun new thing or farm?

Farming is bad for Ubisoft too. More farming is more gems (as a bonus), meaning less gems bought. Doesn't sound like a good money tactic to me.

Unfinished
    IGN:Spherical
    Level:52

Want to see some Event related Goals and Daily Quests?
    Click here!

Agree on the most part.
    There should be guild goals that get you XP, such as break 5k blocks and you gat 50k XP. That’s just an example but something like that really needs to implemented.

Really goals that are focused on every aspect of the game, put out 5000 fires, deliver 100 ripper wings, defeat 50 villains etc etc.
    IGN: Tycan
    Discord: Tycan#0745
    PSN IG: Tycan_x
    Level 118
    (ง'̀-'́)ง

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tycan View Post
    Agree on the most part.
    There should be guild goals that get you XP, such as break 5k blocks and you gat 50k XP. That’s just an example but something like that really needs to implemented.

Really goals that are focused on every aspect of the game, put out 5000 fires, drives 100 ripper wings, deafeat 50 villains etc etc.
    good idea

Master Sorcerer

Also, pretty sure most of the guilds are like "If you no get xp, YOU GET KICK!!!!!!" so pretty much only farmers get to enjoy it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joni2 View Post
    Also, pretty sure most of the guilds are like "If you no get xp, YOU GET KICK!!!!!!" so pretty much only farmers get to enjoy it properly.
    I think this is a good reason not to join that guild. Even if you do, more likely the you will just be kick out once they reach the max level or something. Find a guild that suits your interest not just joining and forcing yourself to fit in.

I agree that it must not rely to much on Farming. However, the its better to have high exp needed to level up. If not, people will easily reach the max making it not special anymore (well someday this will happen).
    Sell Secret of Growtopia at BARTERS, left of white door 25/wl.

Buying any surgical tools 20/wl(Assorted are accepted). Message me

I treat people the same way they treat me

Are you serious? They rely on farming?

That's sooooooooooooooooooooooo bad thooooooooo what????????
    Ya boy Dancey.

Master Sorcerer Clarken (ciarken)'s Avatar

Personally I like farming and grinding. I think its fun that a bunch of people are all working hard for a collective goal.
    but yeah, there should be a bit more to it, keep in mind that its new.
    IGN: Clarken
    Since July 2, 2014

It’s an MMO

Join the Smithing Guild!

The guilds update is still young. I'm pretty sure they will add more features and surprising changes to the guilds.

Farming is really hard work and can be boring. I would personally enjoy farming in a bfg world filled with people than farming my own farmables alone in my world.

Ubisoft has prepared us for the guilds. They have created the Rayman's Fist and the Magplant 5000 which can make farming an easier job and make farming a team effort.

IGN: Triangles (from G4mingReaper)
    Level: 82
    Guild:Derby
    Growtopia Join Date: October 7, 2013

If you're looking for me in-game, I got banned and support team is useless.

The guilds make it worthless to have anyone that cannot farm. This basically makes it so linear and destroys the aspect of "bring together the community", or whatnot.
    33 WOTDs won.
    3 Competitions placed in.

Discord Tag: Hrvy#7777

Ugh... You didn't see what's going on... Didn't you really notice it? Ubisoft is making players FARM. First of all they added d horn, then the bonus for farmers, new farmables, the chicken plow, the rayman thing, builder lock, magplant and now guilds. They want us to farm, because they think the game is about this, and for somethings yes, it's true. This game is just about farming, massing and meeting peoples, the other things are just extras.
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/aiutogt/
    Discord Server: https://discord.gg/7xsY7TH
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/aiutogt

Old man says : I don't agree you, i just think you are lazy.