Thread: Controversial Topics

Banned

Default Controversial Topics

So I was looking at the "Religion" thread, and I saw Kaurkal's response.Name:  Screenshot 2018-04-12 at 5.04.57 PM.png
Views: 108
Size:  59.6 KB
    So I thought, what's a funny way to eff with the mods without getting in trouble? And it came to me! Controversial topics. He told us not to, but I don't see why these would be against the rules.

So, the rules of this thread are:
    State which topic number you are talking about, even if it is a response to another, so we all don't get confused
    Don't go political or else I may actually get in trouble
    Don't take this too far. This is all a joke to begin with

Topics:
    1. Is water wet?
    2. Is a hotdog a sandwich?
    3. Should a dog's front limbs be called arms?
    4. If a fish is submerged in water, does it know it's wet?
    5. Does dwarf and midget mean the same thing?
    6. Does a straw have one or 2 holes?
    7. (Corresponding with 6) is the digestive system just one large hole going from our mouth to our buttholes?

Argue amongst yourselves lol.
    Last edited by TheArctic; 04-16-2018 at 03:41 AM.

1) yes because the result that we got after making contact with water, is called by us "wet"
    2) sort of, it uses bread, it has something inside, is some sort of the sandwich "cousin"
    3) no because they would look and act like arms
    4) a fish probably wouldnt care about that
    5) sort of, but i have seen that people uses the world dwarf to refer to those small men in fantasy media and midget are small people irl
    this is boring
    Add me on discord
    holaloh#9553

1) Water is in itself, not wet. When water comes in contact with us WE get wet, not the water. The water merely gives another object the state of being wet without being wet itself. Wet means, 'being covered in a liquid', and so water is not wet because it IS water, it's not being covered in water.

(that was the only one I wanted to answer lol)
    IGN: Dwantano
    Discord: onigirii #8699

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PolarisHD View Post
    1. No. Wet is something that other things experience after being affected by water which by the way, has chemicals in it that turns frogs gay.

2. Technically, yes but hotdogs are their own thing just like how burgers are burgers.

3. Nope. Imagine saying "dogs walk on 2 legs and 2 arms".

4. I don't think fishes are intelligent enough to think that.

5. No. Midgets have normal body proportions, dwarfs don't.
    1. Well water molecules are on top of other water molecules, thus making it wet

2. Well a burger is a sandwich, not its own thing. Because it looks like a sandwich.

Add 2 more controversial questions, is earth really round? How many holes does a straw have?
    SUBSCRIBE TO PEWDIEPIE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PolarisHD View Post
    1. Wetness is a characteristic only solid objects can have. If you pour water onto the ocean, you don't say the ocean is wet.

2. What I meant by "its own thing" is they may be considered as sandwiches, but most people don't really call them sandwiches. However, it's still acceptable to call them sandwiches.
    1. So Ur logic is, if something is poured on top of something else then it’s wet right? So then water CAN be wet. Cooking oil is less dense than water do it floats above it, hence it being on top of the object, making it wet.

2. U just said people call it sandwiches so it is a sandwich. A hotdog, is it a sub, or a burrito type thing? Because a burrito is when bread or a crust is wrapped around a clump of meats or insides of said burrito.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doge the dog View Post
    Add 2 more controversial questions, is earth really round? How many holes does a straw have?
    The round earth one: I purposely didn’t add it because most people take the flat earth thing as a joke, which it should be. The earth is round, and Neil Degrasse Tyson explained why. Or it was Bill Nye. One of those 2. But, I’ll add the straw one, that’s good.

6.straw is one holed but it connected
    Annie shot JFK
    Annie is evil
    don't be like Annie
    Be like Oswald