Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: All QoL and other changes/suggestions Growtopia needs.

All of these are desirable (I didn't bother read Cooking though)

They really need to restock Phoenix Wings to 500 so I can afford a pair
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and weeb
    Latest Youtube Video:

Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    Thank you for pointing it out. I am sure Nintendo regularly checks the Growtopia forums for such suggestions!

I strongly agree with nearly all of your points, great job taking the time to write this.

Only thing i disagree with is the phoenix wings, although new players will obviously have a harder time obtaining them than someone in 2014, that’s probably how they should remain: exclusive.

It may not sound like a horrible idea to bring the pwing count back to 500, but it kind of is. This will do the exact opposite of reducing hoarding imo. The moment you add more Phoenix wings into the game, people will panic and the price will drop to around the price of other Phoenix items. (legend quest demand won’t matter that much because people will reason that they’ll just add more as soon as we start running out.)
    Someone who was previously able to afford 2 Phoenix wings can now afford 20. See where this is heading?

A more reasonable move would be to change that legend quest step, even though I don’t support that.

Quote Originally Posted by HXZN View Post
    I strongly agree with nearly all of your points, great job taking the time to write this.

Only thing i disagree with is the phoenix wings, although new players will obviously have a harder time obtaining them than someone in 2014, that’s probably how they should remain: exclusive.

It may not sound like a horrible idea to bring the pwing count back to 500, but it kind of is. This will do the exact opposite of reducing hoarding imo. The moment you add more Phoenix wings into the game, people will panic and the price will drop to around the price of other Phoenix items. (legend quest demand won’t matter that much because people will reason that they’ll just add more as soon as we start running out.)
    Someone who was previously able to afford 2 Phoenix wings can now afford 20. See where this is heading?

A more reasonable move would be to change that legend quest step, even though I don’t support that.
    I don't really see anyone hoarding Draconic Wings though, also, as I specified, they'd be way rarer to get, the "hoarder" wouldn't be able to collect all of them as they will partially drop (to a minimum of 60dls, still hard to hoard that much)
    Hoarding can't be entirely fixed, unless you make it illegal under very specific conditions which might sound silly but is actually one way to entirely fix it. Then again, there's no point in doing this if you already are insanely rich.
    That's where inflation is a huge problem, but it's another global problem where items don't feel expensive enough compared to the net worth of the richest players.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaaidontagree

Bring back Phoenix Wings back to 500. The description is a lie. 500 doesn't mean 200 because they're all used up in Legendary Wings.[/URL
    i dont agree this, because if they add 300 more phoenix, phoenix will 20dls(or more), and all rich people will buy like 10-20 Phoenix because they know pho will rise after summer! So rich people will richer. 200-500dls profit in 1-3months :/

Quote Originally Posted by Normelad View Post
    i dont agree this, because if they add 300 more phoenix, phoenix will 20dls(or more), and all rich people will buy like 10-20 Phoenix because they know pho will rise after summer! So rich people will richer. 200-500dls profit in 1-3months :/
    You clearly didn't read the reasoning. Please do before commenting.

Bumping this

I agree with these suggestions, except that I lean more towards the side of adding no more Phoenix Wings. But that's a debate that I don't want to turn this into...

I wrote a thread, 'rant', about the cooking buffs when they were new, I agree that they are severely under-powered. Some of them aren't even worth the cost of making them. I think the Home Pack needs to have an increased gem price and like you've said they should lower the amount of Magic Bacon needed for Eggs Benedict. Also I don't see why almost all food buffs need to relate to XP and Gems, I think there need to be more that actually buff the activity you're doing - like Beer-Battered Fish and Chips.

Fishing definitely needs to allow us a means of catching perfect crabs and the ability to train them further down the track, without it the 2016 March update is going to stay dead (except for the few people that will use Lobster Traps for the Quests/Goals).

Anyway, definitely one of the best suggestion threads around, the developers should seriously take a look at these issues. You've outlined a lot of things I've also wanted to see happen and summarised them in concise points.

Oh one more thing, I don't think activities other than farming should be "slightly" buffed, I think they deserve a pretty large buff... I mean only 10 XP per geiger find? That is so weak, 30 minutes/geiger find. Should be at least 10,000 exp. And only 50 XP per succesful surgery? Should be 10 XP per item used or something similar... Perhaps the values I said were a bit high, but promote other areas of the game XP-wise, farming should not be the only way to gain XP.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    I agree with these suggestions, except that I lean more towards the side of adding no more Phoenix Wings. But that's a debate that I don't want to turn this into...

I wrote a thread, 'rant', about the cooking buffs when they were new, I agree that they are severely under-powered. Some of them aren't even worth the cost of making them. I think the Home Pack needs to have an increased gem price and like you've said they should lower the amount of Magic Bacon needed for Eggs Benedict. Also I don't see why almost all food buffs need to relate to XP and Gems, I think there need to be more that actually buff the activity you're doing - like Beer-Battered Fish and Chips.

Fishing definitely needs to allow us a means of catching perfect crabs and the ability to train them further down the track, without it the 2016 March update is going to stay dead (except for the few people that will use Lobster Traps for the Quests/Goals).

Anyway, definitely one of the best suggestion threads around, the developers should seriously take a look at these issues. You've outlined a lot of things I've also wanted to see happen and summarised them in concise points.

Oh one more thing, I don't think activities other than farming should be "slightly" buffed, I think they deserve a pretty large buff... I mean only 10 XP per geiger find? That is so weak, 30 minutes/geiger find. Should be at least 10,000 exp. And only 50 XP per succesful surgery? Should be 10 XP per item used or something similar... Perhaps the values I said were a bit high, but promote other areas of the game XP-wise, farming should not be the only way to gain XP.
    Well as for P Wings obviously it'll depends on what side the devs will go, but that's one path they can follow, and I know there's others.

XP is getting tough because it's just very easy to get to level 100 just by farming with all the buffs that exist now that you can use at the same time (Biotronic/Turnover/Wisdom Lv5/Egg Benedict), I don't know what was in Hamumu's mind but I assume they only wanted people to be able to get levels by farming
    I changed the values so people would at least use them during daily challenges, because it's clear that you can't afford doing this all time instead of farming (Food buff is 30mins, gives plenty of time to do a ton of crimefighting or surgeries so the player should be fairly leveled already)
    It doesn't seem too big of a deal to me beyond buffing them a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    Well as for P Wings obviously it'll depends on what side the devs will go, but that's one path they can follow, and I know there's others.

XP is getting tough because it's just very easy to get to level 100 just by farming with all the buffs that exist now that you can use at the same time (Biotronic/Turnover/Wisdom Lv5/Egg Benedict), I don't know what was in Hamumu's mind but I assume they only wanted people to be able to get levels by farming
    I changed the values so people would at least use them during daily challenges, because it's clear that you can't afford doing this all time instead of farming (Food buff is 30mins, gives plenty of time to do a ton of crimefighting or surgeries so the player should be fairly leveled already)
    It doesn't seem too big of a deal to me beyond buffing them a bit
    Well perhaps they don't need too much more of an XP buff, but the buffs shouldn't just revolve around solely gems and XP (with the exception of beer-battered fish and chips).

Also I don't wanna derail but I'm really really curious, what's the one achievement you're missing?
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Please make it happen

Bump, ain't letting this die to suggestions like making a poll asking to get people banned

+ If a teaser for an update is made (ex. This recent one for may) make it more difficult rather than a simple morose code

Bumping this since it almost got burried in trash

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    Well perhaps they don't need too much more of an XP buff, but the buffs shouldn't just revolve around solely gems and XP (with the exception of beer-battered fish and chips).

Also I don't wanna derail but I'm really really curious, what's the one achievement you're missing?
    Monthly challenge (I didnt see your post until now)

Banned

Holy cow take all my upvotes

Post Phoenix wings

What if they restock phoenix wings to 500 every like 5 years? (or even more years)
    Phoenix wings would still be limited though.

Yes , they will drop in price but since they're highly needed, they will rise fast so the phoenix wings owners don't lose that much.
    The other thing is also changing the legendary quest. Phoenix wings to Draconic wings.

+1

Althought I have a suggestion too: Level Prestiging

I made a brief post explaining the mechanics and benefits of implementing this concept. I hope you take the time to read it aswell because I really believe this would be a great addition to game

Link: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...pia-Prestiging
    Fei does not scam
    Fei does not beg
    Fei works hard for his "World Locks"
    Fei is smart!
    Be like Fei

IGN: FLUFFYHOBO

Banned

lets add phoenix wings to the store for 200000 gems during summerfest yeah?

Bump .

Bump .