View Poll Results: What is the WOTD's rating? (Equivalent to the /rate option)

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll

3 12.00%

4 16.00%

10 40.00%

5 20.00%

3 12.00%

Thread: Offical WOTD Ranking!

Default Offical WOTD Ranking!

Welcome to the official thread of WOTD ranking! We will vote on WOTDS, and grade them! Since I have no idea how to operate a poll, the results are based on all WOTD rankings combined! Hopefully this gives you an idea how to get away from the 'average' of today's WOTDS, and what to do to win.

Today's WOTD!

14 by bigmyth!

Attachment 196894

Questions, FAQ, etc!

Previous WINNERS/VOTES. (A soon to be/long list!)

*This thread may not be updated due to inactivity, plus the thread owner has to try to update it everyday! To find renders, look on the Growtopia website!

Spark's Review

Last edited by SDSSU; 04-28-2018 at 04:31 PM.
    Hi. I'm SDSSU!

I used to do reviews of the wotds on the instagram page, but with this thread, I might as well give out my harsh opinions and ranking out of ten.

DISCLAIMER: This is MY opinion. You are entitled to your own. I do not mean to offend in any way, I am writing these with harsh criticism. Very rarely do I actually like a world, let alone praise it.

Rating: 6.5/10

ABERDALERACE is a race world, which adds to the KYDERBY mood. Many race worlds have been picked as World of the Day lately, and frankly, I'm fine with them.
    Of course, there are flaws in these worlds. My categories for reviewing are:
    Story
    Design
    Effort
    Is the Pixel Art (if available) copied straight from the internet?
    and last but not least, Enjoyment

Story: NA

Design: The blocks are everywhere. Looking at the houses, the owner simply uses Super Crate Boxes and Wood Blocks, which, frankly, isn't a very good combination for a house. They are simply houses, but their shaping and blocks are not pleasant. However, they get the job done, and they can be well distinguished as houses. Moving on, the red part of the race has bits and pieces of evil brick wallpaper scattered everywhere on a giant red wood wall surface. The evil brick wallpaper appears scattered and inconsistent, but it does look better when seen in game. The background pattern for the yellow part is decent. With the blocks themselves, barn block is not a very good block to use in this scenario, especially with the awkward shaping that a race world has combined with the ugly grey border of barn blocks. I don't know what the golden blocks are there for, as they look out of place.
    Moving on from block choice, the pixel art of Clarence looks kind of strange, and the body seems to be turned in a different angle than the head. I cannot find this pixel art anywhere online, so I'll just assume it's original until somebody finds a copy of it online.
    The black borders are fine, but the random pixels of smiley faces, the alphabet, and just hearts and stars, look really random, cluttered, and out of place. They may be references to Clarence, but I don't know, as I do not watch that thing.
    Overall, design can use some work, but it has its merits, like the cake and the frosting.

Effort: Obvious effort has been put in the world. It feels organized, like a world pre-planned before being made.

Pixel Art: Clarence, as I mentioned before, I assume is an original pixel art. However, I cannot speak the same for the heart and the star. Even if I could find them online, they are not even worth mentioning, as those pixels could be made by anybody with a sense of geometry. I'll give that a pass.

Enjoyment: I decently enjoyed the world. It was a pretty nice race track, with a lot of twists and turns. However, what it lacked was variation. Nothing really new coming in the way of the player, it felt like just running. In all honesty, that sums up most race worlds. It's good for a race world.

Concluding statement: World can use work, but it has its merits. Think about block choice and organization more.
    IGN: MadameZ

Master Sorcerer

wow so official

you need to learn what the meaning of official

Lvl 116/125 : Redmift (Main)
    Main World : Redmift

Fast Response @Discord Blaze#2798

Fine I should change the title to the "formal" wotd ranking.
    Hi. I'm SDSSU!

Banned

tHx for FeedS
    <3
    Its kinda rushed so sorry lol

Off brand Oynx1 thread
    discord: airxry#5595

Quote Originally Posted by xFloat View Post
    Off brand Oynx1 thread
    Send me the link of the thread plez....
    I'll give him credit, although I thought of this my own because I wanted to find a way to help builders and constructive criticism.
    Hi. I'm SDSSU!

4/27's WOTD is GLITCHYDERBY by Cahtster!
    Hi. I'm SDSSU!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SDSSU View Post
    Send me the link of the thread plez....
    I'll give him credit, although I thought of this my own because I wanted to find a way to help builders and constructive criticism.
    c o n s t r u c t i v e

Quote Originally Posted by Astherale View Post
    c o n s t r u c t i v e
    ? If your worlds are seemingly "bad" to yourself, then this will be a source to reference to when comparing your worlds to others, and to see what you need to improve on in the future. If we are "bad-talking" you, it's all in trying to help you. Criticism in this manner will help people, and it's not meant to offend or be rude to individuals.
    Hi. I'm SDSSU!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SDSSU View Post
    ? If your worlds are seemingly "bad" to yourself, then this will be a source to reference to when comparing your worlds to others, and to see what you need to improve on in the future. If we are "bad-talking" you, it's all in trying to help you. Criticism in this manner will help people, and it's not meant to offend or be rude to individuals.
    Nah, im not mad, im just refferring to people that gives negative criticism which i oddly find it funny, sorry if i upset you sparks. I didnt mean it that way.