View Poll Results: Should scammers and hackers get punished

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 83.33%
  • No

1 16.67%

Thread: Should scammers and hackers get punished, like REAL BAD? - READ THREAD FIRST -

Banned

Default Should scammers and hackers get punished, like REAL BAD? - READ THREAD FIRST -

LET US IMAGINE A SITUATION, where Growtopia lives on, there are many mods, the game is constantly being monitored, and overall scam and hack rate has dropped to near 0%.

Would the people that has scammed or hacked IN A LARGE SCALE (Like hacking a mod or dev acc, scamming someone popular using real life threats or hacked their accounts, or known to cause game-breaking glitches or even rollback), be punished?

Punish here doesn't mean "Banned for 720 days", no, i meant deleting all of their main account mercilessly, locking Growtopia from all of their connected devices, and if they managed to find a way back, it would be impossible to go back to society. Punish here means literally lifetime (gt) jail. (not real life jail (except for hackers))

Do they deserve it, even if they had turned into a good person?

Banned

Yes they deserve it.

For scammers, eeh a real life jail is too much just ban them
    For hackers, they deserve it cuz they are breaking real life laws
    Quote Originally Posted by Oma357 View Post
    I am an anime trap

-Oma357
    Currently is addicted to a gacha game, discord is the best place to contact. Forums are boring nowadays anyway.
    Usually on Forumers United. Or Oma's server, if you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by XxGamerGT2xX View Post

I think all need to get second chances. So they need punishment and after they had that and change to good persons, i think they fine. We cant judge all by them pasts.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Every person is actively monitored, the amount of law enforcement increases massively, [major] crimes are treated with permanent and irreversible consequences, regardless of intention...

Isn't this a textbook authoritarian government?
    Discord: RocketRace#0798.
    Youtube/Twitch/Reddit: RocketRace
    Check out QUICKEXP.

Knight

LET US IMAGINE A SITUATION, where Growtopia lives on, there are many mods, the game is constantly being monitored, and overall scam and hack rate has dropped to near 0%.

Would the people that has scammed or hacked IN A LARGE SCALE (Like hacking a mod or dev acc, scamming someone popular using real life threats or hacked their accounts, or known to cause game-breaking glitches or even rollback), be punished?

Punish here doesn't mean "Banned for 720 days", no, i meant deleting all of their main account mercilessly, locking Growtopia from all of their connected devices, and if they managed to find a way back, it would be impossible to go back to society. Punish here means literally lifetime (gt) jail. (not real life jail (except for hackers))

Lets look at it. Hrm. Absolutely not. Scamming isn't punishable in any sense, even as stated before you download growtopia "This is an online game about collecting items - make sure to keep them safe" You're even warned before you drop an item or even trust someone that they could scam you and you're up the creek without a paddle. It's not moderators job to protect people from themselves. Hackers do get punished if caught, there's nothing anyone can do without proof or being caught by a mod (Doing so by utilizing the player report system)
    IGN M0D

Tips on keeping your account safe, Change your password weekly, Even daily if you're paranoid. Handy tool for generating new passwords https://www.lastpass.com/
    Good luck being safe guys.

Banned

Again, they'll find a way around this. They'll do this on alternate accounts with different IPs and MAC addresses making this suggestion null and void.

Do they deserve it?
    Don't they?

even if they had turned into a good person?
    If they already went so far, I doubt they'd change... but maybie there should be some kind of "last chance" policy or so?
    <Insert a temporary placeholder signature>
    M e n a c i n g. . .
    ゴゴゴゴゴ. . .

Banned

scammers said no lmfao
    They deserve it