Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Support

  1. #1
    Lesser Wizard Benthos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    342

    Default Support

    So, I e-mailed support 4 days ago because my computer (just the computer) got suspended due to a random growID that I've never seen before. I'm the only one who has access to that computer so I was confused. After waiting for 4 days, this is the reply that I get...

    Okay, so that is NOT my account. How am I supposed to contact you then? I'm not even asking anything about that account. I only want to know why I got suspended.

    Oh, and something weird just happened. All my e-mails to/from growtopia support from a year ago disappeared and the e-mail connected to mine is no longer linked to my account.

    yo


  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Araya , Lebanon
    Posts
    890

    Default

    Happens man.
    IPs are dynamic, your IP must have been the one of a hacker, just turn off your router and turn it on again and everything should work again.

  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard Benthos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriskhawand View Post
    Happens man.
    IPs are dynamic, your IP must have been the one of a hacker, just turn off your router and turn it on again and everything should work again.
    It doesn't seem to work. I've tried it many times.

    yo


  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer SydeWeiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Neutron Star
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Well, once an account is banned, it will automatically ban all the devices that have recently used it as well. The reason you see this message is because, the account or an account affiliated with it have logged in from your device or network. This is why They ask you to be careful of who you share your device with. This is to prevent scammers from simply creating a new account and logging in to continue scamming.

    If you are sharing your device with someone who is breaking the rules, i am sorry, but you will end up sharing their punishment as well. You should be very careful about who you allow to access your device.You might also want to have a conversation with whomever caused your device to be punished to let them know how it makes you feel. The punishment on your device will be automatically removed when it expires.
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

  5. #5
    Lesser Wizard Benthos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SydeWeiz View Post
    Well, once an account is banned, it will automatically ban all the devices that have recently used it as well. The reason you see this message is because, the account or an account affiliated with it have logged in from your device or network. This is why They ask you to be careful of who you share your device with. This is to prevent scammers from simply creating a new account and logging in to continue scamming.

    If you are sharing your device with someone who is breaking the rules, i am sorry, but you will end up sharing their punishment as well. You should be very careful about who you allow to access your device.You might also want to have a conversation with whomever caused your device to be punished to let them know how it makes you feel. The punishment on your device will be automatically removed when it expires.
    Nobody else uses my computer. I am the only one who knows the password. I haven't played Growtopia on my computer for a month and when I came back, my device was suspended. I asked support for help but all they said was to e-mail them using the one linked to the account that caused the ban. I told them it wasn't my account.

    yo


  6. #6
    Lesser Wizard MatteuGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Have you downloaded a malicious software?

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer SydeWeiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Neutron Star
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    You'd have to tell them whats your main account and explain as much you can.
    If you can not do that or the answer is the same, then Please private message a admin on the forum for further investigation
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

  8. #8
    Lesser Wizard Benthos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SydeWeiz View Post
    You'd have to tell them whats your main account and explain as much you can.
    If you can not do that or the answer is the same, then Please private message a admin on the forum for further investigation
    I did that. I even said that I was willing to provide more information bt they asked me to e-mail them using the one linked the banned account.

    yo


  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Prank calling crazy jim i
    Posts
    8,867

    Default

    i think u were hacked.... Ur email may also be compromised.

  10. #10
    Lesser Wizard Benthos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BiteLord View Post
    i think u were hacked.... Ur email may also be compromised.
    Oh no, that could explain why none of my e-mails matched my account. But I didn't download anything, just school documents, growtopia and discord. I'm going to tansfer everything to a new account while waiting for support.

    yo


  11. #11
    Lesser Wizard Benthos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    342

    Default

    does anyone know if it's possible to get support to change the e-mail back to my account?
    Last edited by Benthos; 06-02-2018 at 06:14 AM.

    yo


  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer SydeWeiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Neutron Star
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benthos View Post
    does anyone know if it's possible to get support to change the e-mail back to my account?
    No, they will not change the accounts email for you.
    Why? Because of security reason. they don't know if you are the owner of the account
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Prank calling crazy jim i
    Posts
    8,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SydeWeiz View Post
    No, they will not change the accounts email for you.
    Why? Because of security reason. they don't know if you are the owner of the account
    which hurts more?
    The truth vs stabbing urself vs getting rejected by ur crush

  14. #14
    Lesser Wizard Benthos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SydeWeiz View Post
    No, they will not change the accounts email for you.
    Why? Because of security reason. they don't know if you are the owner of the account
    Welp, there goes all my effort. It's fine though.

    yo


  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer GrowH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Gone. Elsewhere.
    Posts
    9,459

    Default

    Tell the support your actual GrowID instead of just the random one
    Yo
    I'm HGrowH (<<<IGN), now a full time builder.

    UberDuck's B.O.O. Song!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWZkvBJwrk]
    My Youtube channel link for people looking for it
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP4...HzZ73Qv1vot_yQ

    These lines are here so people won't click on the link when trying to quote

  16. #16
    Lesser Wizard Benthos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SydeWeiz View Post
    No, they will not change the accounts email for you.
    Why? Because of security reason. they don't know if you are the owner of the account
    Wait, what if I have receipts from a purchase I made a year ago?

    yo


  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer Phemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    4,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benthos View Post
    Wait, what if I have receipts from a purchase I made a year ago?
    If you have purchase receipts older than 6 months there's a chance they may change account's mail for you.
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer your0ruler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    5,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phemus View Post
    If you have purchase receipts older than 6 months there's a chance they may change account's mail for you.
    Why older than 6 months?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by GrowH View Post
    Tell the support your actual GrowID instead of just the random one
    You can't read IP addresses or Device IDs from emails. And punishments are specific to the account. They can't tell if the GrowID you gave them plays from the device that the email is being sent from.

    In such situations only the banned account owner can email.
    Even if you are at the right track, you'll still get run over if you just sit there.
    -heth mumu

    Quote Originally Posted by your0ruler View Post
    also.....


    This cute teddy bear will cry if I get an infraction.
    Pic removed, please refrain from using naked women in your signature

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer Phemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    4,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your0ruler View Post
    Why older than 6 months?
    That's a time that set by Support, I guess that's enough time to prove ownership of an account.
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums

  20. #20
    Lesser Wizard Benthos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phemus View Post
    If you have purchase receipts older than 6 months there's a chance they may change account's mail for you.
    I'm hoping that they would.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by your0ruler View Post
    You can't read IP addresses or Device IDs from emails. And punishments are specific to the account. They can't tell if the GrowID you gave them plays from the device that the email is being sent from.

    In such situations only the banned account owner can email.
    Oh. Well, I'm more worried about losing my account than being banned for 1 month.

    yo


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •