Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Growscan-9000 "situation" or "theory."

Default Growscan-9000 "situation" or "theory."

Asking for opinions towards BUYGROWSCAN and probably BUYGROWSCANS. Theory is or fact is the owner and administrators are using alternate accounts to lower the price of the Growscan-9000 by selling it for a lower price on one alternate account and the other one actually buying it. It actually did work in a way, though. A few days ago, you'd see people buying for 210 or around that. Guess what? People are buying it for 130 or 135 world locks, right now. Just seeing what some of the people have to say towards this not problem but theory.
    Do you think it's shocking that it's effective or is it kind of expected from the Growtopia community and some of the people right now?
    Personal Opinion: I think it's just interesting thinking that it actually works in a way. It's not shocking though, because some of the growtopians in this game have a main focus towards wealth, and not the care towards other online. I think it should rise, and not drop. It's a interesting piece of technology in the game.
    ~ Thank you if you also leave your opinion down.

- - - Updated - - -

Additional part to the theory to: Administrators or the Owner would ban anyone who sells it higher than the price they would like to be. (Example: 200 or more world locks, or a price out of its preferred range.)
    hi my username is TronaldDump
    BUYCAPE Discord Administrator, (Daily Summer BUYCAPE World Administrator. iViki's Discord Administrator / Co-Owner.
    I'm a poor growtopian, so if you want to donate a world lock or too, it will be more than appreciated. Thanks for reading my signature!

Angry

I think this theory might be true. I overheard the owner of BUYGROWSCAN talking to his admin, that he had sold all his growscans for 210 wls. I think that that should be the correct price. He is trying to manipulate the market and buy as many as he can. Then once he has most of the growscans, he will be able to control the price and sell them way higher.

Hhm, what an interesting theory🤔, i belive the growscan dropped in price because it does not really usefull. Even this thing called "gem trading"using the growscanner are most of the time scams.😱Sure,is does calculate items in your world and shows you their location which to me, is the only benefit. Not really worth 200 worldlocks in the first place. But well, im not saying that your theory is wrong or anything like that. I actually found it rather beliveable.
    IGN - MineDeath
    Been Playing since 2015

A growtopian with funny dreams! .

Twice the pride, double the fall!.
    Instagram:
    Tap me!

Okay i gambled on your theory (jk gambling is illegal). If your theory is accurate, owner will make price of growscan rise soon...
    IGN : Decently

burst forth, explosion!
    https://media.giphy.com/media/XSQ3FzOnja6wE/giphy.gif

Yes. It’s a more effective way of market manipulation. Instead of trying to sell items legitimately higher as a group effort, people are now (naturally) learning that if they trade amongst themselves, they are essentially showing that people will pay that price.

Apparently it isn’t against the rules. And nobodys willing to have a discussion/staff doesn’t want to address it. I think it’s pretty messed up and ruins the economy. It’s basically scamming when you purposely get a group of people to trade in order to lower the price and later resell at a higher price.

It’s illegal in real life in stock markets. It should be against the rules here too.

I actually tried this a long time ago with a few of my friends back when pepper trees had just come out. We wanted to sell ours for a higher price, and surprisingly it worked. It was kind of fun munipulating the system in our own terms.
    IGN: DrHiggs

Main World: DRHIGGS
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5_...j-70k-T7dlhIwA

Goals: Win WotD INCOMPLETE
    Obtain Focused eyes INCOMPLETE
    Get 500 Subscribers INCOMPLETE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by XDEATHBOSSX View Post
    Hhm, what an interesting theory🤔, i belive the growscan dropped in price because it does not really usefull. Even this thing called "gem trading"using the growscanner are most of the time scams.😱Sure,is does calculate items in your world and shows you their location which to me, is the only benefit. Not really worth 200 worldlocks in the first place. But well, im not saying that your theory is wrong or anything like that. I actually found it rather beliveable.
    uh no its definitely price manipulation by the owner and admins....
    Growscan is useful lol

Lesser Wizard

This is why they should close down all BUY+ worlds. Greedy owners and price manipulation everywhere.

Lesser Wizard

Default I think it's natural for dips and falls.

In any normal stock market, prices do dip and fall based on speculation. For example, housing loans were super cheap during 2008 because the housing market was "A bubble" and was expected to keep rising. However, the loss of confidence at the failure of one major bank led to a huge recession. Similarly, Bitcoin rises and drops in price, even though it is not physically useful, or even monetarily common. Growscan prices likely fell because of the 2-day extension of buying, since it got buffed and more people bought it. Supply went up, demand didn't keep up, prices fell. Unless the owner is doing this super-large scale and has 20 alt accounts or something, he really can't influence the price that much.

I feel like the owner of BUYRAPTOR is doing the same thing. One day the legs were 90 the next day it was 1+ DLs. I feel like it changed too quickly.
    IGN: marissaxo
    Discord: marissa#5100

Quote Originally Posted by JUS._.TINY View Post
    Okay i gambled on your theory (jk gambling is illegal). If your theory is accurate, owner will make price of growscan rise soon...
    Same here, I'll put my bets that this will become 200 again in a few days
    IGN: Blueprint
    https://i.imgflip.com/1ovqdq.gif https://i.imgflip.com/1ovrff.gif
    When the game progresses faster than you ^

http://imgur.com/F0VJflF.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WBOY2 View Post
    This is why they should close down all BUY+ worlds. Greedy owners and price manipulation everywhere.
    that's dumb. They deserve the right to be greedy, since they earned it themselves afterall. But whether they want to be a piece of depends on their own conscience.
    IGN : Decently

burst forth, explosion!
    https://media.giphy.com/media/XSQ3FzOnja6wE/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by BiteLord View Post
    uh no its definitely price manipulation by the owner and admins....
    Growscan is useful lol
    shouldn't expect some guy who played less than a year to understand what a messy storage world is
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

The functions of the Growscan are more than 1. It can be used in most situations. It can easily hit 2dls+ with its usefulness

The only possible reason is that it isn't getting any demand, and there is too muh stock in the economy, which is highly unlikely.

The other possible reason is similar to your theory, where the owner of BuyGrowscan is trying to massively manipulate the prices of growscans to his advantage.One day he/she may drop the price to purchase much more growscans, and the next day, he/she may increase the prices a whole lot to profit a bunch out of them. The owner may repeat that procedure many more times to maximize hid/her profits. But in turn for his/her selfishness and greed, it causes chaos and panic in investors and the economy
    Check out and follow my art instagram 👇
    https://www.instagram.com/fred_drawart/

Quote Originally Posted by JUS._.TINY View Post
    Offtopic:Omg I love Unordinary (From your Avatar) Just hope Seraphina regains her powers and Asslo gets his ass handed ti him again
    Trusted List (New one☹️)

The item you want to rise wont if all the sellers are sell outs
    ~KayHQ

#Shame Less ADs:

Guides

I Like Kingdom hearts....

Honestly, I feel like it's how Growtopia economy works. You just have to deal with the ups and downs. Either way the system is still running and there wasn't a problem.
    IGN: xKellE | YT: DayZxKellE | Level 71 | Rent my BFG here

If the owner did manipulate the price why don't I see it on the price displayed? I saw ppl selling for 90 and buying for 87 but the price displayed is 100-300..

This theory could be true.. but I have another

It probably dropped naturally as many people stock up gscans before it was removed from the store thinking it would rise immediately after it was removed. Logically, yes, it would rise due economic concept of scarcity it would, of theory, rise.
    But after the removal of growscans, many people began to sell it for a high price, some for 3dls others for 5 or even more! Unexpectedly, there was little to no demand because those who wanted to buy would've did it before it was removed (the way ppl think). Many sellers were puzzled and it was very hard to sell so casually, they lowered the price. But the competition was intense, everyone was selling it! It dropped and it dropped as buyers saw that it was dropping but they would wait for it to drop even lower. The sellers became desperate and some even sold below the price they bought it for!

What would happen after it drops alot?

As the prices go lower, demand grows higher. More buyers would want to buy it at a price which(in their mind) is cheap. As of now many investors would have already sold their growscan and the supply would eventually be lesser than the demand. At the point, it might rise.

The market is for sure, unstable.

I don't know how much it would rise, neither do I know if it would rise for sure.

I also heard that groups have manipulated the prices themselves and this may have had an effect on the price of gscan tdy.

Anyways this is just another opinion,
    pls no hate

Edit: I just seen other replies and they were similar to this. Well, brilliant minds think alike? xD
    IGN: CookieVerse
    Main World: COOKIEVERSE
    Another world you should visit: STUFFING

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Visit my friend’s worlds too!
    ATTISMART
    PUBLICTAX
    TRIBFG

My theory is that the price dropped because of this Extractor Dynamo which basically has the function of a growscan but smaller and can "extract" items from spaces it selected.

or

People are just panic selling, thinking Growscans won't rise anymore/they need quick money.

IGN: Triangles (from G4mingReaper)
    Level: 82
    Guild:Derby
    Growtopia Join Date: October 7, 2013

I think its price crashed cuz the 2 days extension of the IOTM in the store
    Quote Originally Posted by Oma357 View Post
    I am an anime trap

-Oma357
    https://discord.gg/PsscMY
    ^^ currently has nothing in it, but will sure be developed if people are joining it

It might be a natural drop, but also it definitely has some manipulation spiced in it. I've seen the admins ban people selling for 200+ a lot of times, and their excuse every time is 'he was a troll'

⎛⎝Deus Vult⎠⎞