Thread: Plans for my trip next summer.

Master Sorcerer

Default Plans for my trip next summer.

As some of you know I'm turning 18 this november. This means that I can travel by myself.
    So, I had a great idea that I WILL do. I'm going to visit one of my best friends that I met on this forum in Netherlands...
    ...with a bicycle.

From where I live, I'll have little over 1900 kilometres to my destination.
    It takes me about 4 days-a week to get there. I'll sleep in a tent and I need a lot of money and I'll take some lightweight food with me.
    When I arrive in Turku, Finland I will take a a cruise ship to Stockholm and I will spend a night in the ship. Why cruise ship? It is the fastest way to my destination. From there I can drive straight to Kesteren, Netherlands.

Keep in mind that this plan needs a lot of work to make it work and if you guys could help me by giving me some tips, it would be highly appreciated!
    But it will happen. I will post some pictures from Netherlands.

One year.

Quote Originally Posted by thepronub View Post
    bug repellant, a whistle, a flare, a cellphone, a wilderness guidebook, other people, lots of food (canned), lots of water, the right preparation, a megaphone, a compass, anything that can alert your presense, I'm sure you can prepare the other stuff. I'm more worried that you'll get lost or something, run out of supplies.
    Last edited by ParkourDevil; 07-02-2018 at 10:52 PM.
    Hello.

I'm ParkourDevil and I wish you a happy day!
    Adios.

I think your biggest problem would be food and water on this trip. Google up some bush hiking tips. It might not be the same thing as what you're doing but I think some of the tips there would be helpful.

Plus you should invest in like a wagon or something to carry your stuff around. You could always put everything in a bag and carry it around on your back but that would get really heavy soon.

Hehe, your plans sound super fun either way. Maybe invite a friend or two? It might get lonely pretty fast.
    Buying dirt block 5k/wl. Hmu.
    IGN: IcyTurtle

the united states of they're taking medicare away send help

Are you backpacking, or are you bringing something else to help transport all of your stuff?

Also I recommend MRE's for food, they're really lightweight and they're perfect for camping and backpacking. You can pack a ton of them without it getting too heavy and all it needs is hot water.

Good luck!
    keeping it short and sweet
    Discord IGN: Kimbelina #5496
    A.K.A. Kimi <3

https://68.media.tumblr.com/6eaaa10a...uylko1_500.gif
    originally known as Chibiusa

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by IcyTurtle View Post
    I think your biggest problem would be food and water on this trip. Google up some bush hiking tips. It might not be the same thing as what you're doing but I think some of the tips there would be helpful.

Plus you should invest in like a wagon or something to carry your stuff around. You could always put everything in a bag and carry it around on your back but that would get really heavy soon.

Hehe, your plans sound super fun either way. Maybe invite a friend or two? It might get lonely pretty fast.
    Thus is where the money comes to place! I'll get some MRE's, a tent and a few lighters.
    And yea I'll start planning this whole trip out next week I'll google some tips about this whole thing.

I won't get anything too heavy for this trip either. Some clothes and everything I need. A tent, etc... So a backpack works just fine.
    Plus I'm very athletic and I have a whole year to train for this event.

I like loneliness. Plus, my friends are all the kind who never move around I tried a few but no one wanted to go!
    But whatever I'm going to see a friend of mine who I actually met on this forum. It's great to see some nature and smell the scent of it too. There's going to be a lot of countrysides. Whenever I'm going to set up a camp, I need to go quite deep into the forest so no one will rob me (unless it isn't a camping site).

Thanks for the advice!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegumz View Post
    Are you backpacking, or are you bringing something else to help transport all of your stuff?

Also I recommend MRE's for food, they're really lightweight and they're perfect for camping and backpacking. You can pack a ton of them without it getting too heavy and all it needs is hot water.

Good luck!
    Glad boiling water is easy it just needs a campfire and something to boil it in. I need some fresh water so waterbottles will do the trick.
    MREs truly are lifesavers. They weigh none, might not taste the greatest but they fill the stomach.

Again! Thanks for the advice. This will be great!
    Hello.

Adios.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkourDevil View Post
    As some of you know I'm turning 18 this november. This means that I can travel by myself.
    So, I had a great idea that I WILL do. I'm going to visit one of my best friends that I met on this forum in Netherlands...
    ...with a bicycle.

From where I live, I'll have little over 1900 kilometres to my destination.
    It takes me about 4 days-a week to get there. I'll sleep in a tent and I need a lot of money and I'll take some lightweight food with me.
    When I arrive in Turku, Finland I will take a a cruise ship to Stockholm and I will spend a night in the ship. Why cruise ship? It is the fastest way to my destination. From there I can drive straight to Kesteren, Netherlands.

Keep in mind that this plan needs a lot of work to make it work and if you guys could help me by giving me some tips, it would be highly appreciated!
    But it will happen. I will post some pictures from Netherlands.

One year.
    Good, what am I going to do with this information COMPLETELY unrelated to Growtopia?
    IGN: IMerlinI

Level: 75

Selling the world name BUYHEADMASKS, if interested dm me.

JOIN US!

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by IMerlinI View Post
    Good, what am I going to do with this information COMPLETELY unrelated to Growtopia?
    "Growtopia Tavern (Off Topic)".
    No need to share your toxicity here.
    Hello.

Adios.

bug repellant, a whistle, a flare, a cellphone, a wilderness guidebook, other people, lots of food (canned), lots of water, the right preparation, a megaphone, a compass, anything that can alert your presense, I'm sure you can prepare the other stuff. I'm more worried that you'll get lost or something, run out of supplies.
    IGN: Dwantano
    Discord: onigirii #8699

Your trip sounds nice, I'm surprised that a person would actually do that...
    looking at my home (Indonesia), your probably going to suffer if you cycle that much here, the air is bad, the sun is hot, there's barely any where for us to cycle properly, everyone just has a loud throttled motorcycle that goes NGHHHGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every where, I've always wanted to go to some sort of trip on my own, but I guess I must work my ass out of school and college first.
    Hi there starring guy.

just don’t leave your items unattended

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by thepronub View Post
    This is what I keep in mind! Thank you a ton!
    And don't worry 😁 if I get lost, I'll find my way into the presence of people and call someone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyren View Post
    Your trip sounds nice, I'm surprised that a person would actually do that...
    looking at my home (Indonesia), your probably going to suffer if you cycle that much here, the air is bad, the sun is hot, there's barely any where for us to cycle properly, everyone just has a loud throttled motorcycle that goes NGHHHGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every where, I've always wanted to go to some sort of trip on my own, but I guess I must work my ass out of school and college first.
    Well anything can be done with the right amount of motivation. Indonesia sure sounds like a place that I wouldn't move too much in :/ man, if it's really like that you should move to a more clearer part of Indonesia when you turn older.
    Hello.

Adios.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkourDevil View Post
    Well anything can be done with the right amount of motivation. Indonesia sure sounds like a place that I wouldn't move too much in :/ man, if it's really like that you should move to a more clearer part of Indonesia when you turn older.
    i can only wish for now, altho there's some part of Indonesia which is really great, just not the capital city.
    Hi there starring guy.

Question

Who may that dutch friend be hm?
    GrowID: x913

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by x913 View Post
    Who may that dutch friend be hm?
    Hmm.. πŸ˜‚. .
    Hello.

Adios.

So about expenses, are they a problem?

IGN:StarByte
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    So about expenses, are they a problem?
    If I did it now, then yes.
    However I'm going to move in my own apartment this December and I'm going to start working. I'm easily able to gather enough money to that trip.
    Hello.

Adios.