Thread: [Ubi Idea] How to add a /beta without spoiling item names.

Default [Ubi Idea] How to add a /beta without spoiling item names.

Hello Ubisoft. I am giving you an idea that will allow you to have a beta of an update without spoiling item names. Basically, let’s say you want to have a update about rocks.

You will probably have to give away the theme of the update - “The next update is about Rocks, and we want you to help beta test it!” This is so testers know at least a bit about the update and will understand it.

However, you may not want to give away the names of some of the rare items in the update - for example, you may want to add a “pet rock”. Well, simply have it in the beta, but change the name to “Secret pet” and give it the appearance of an existing pet. You may also want to give it a different recipe to prevent the “Beta advantage” occuring.

Things like this will allow you to have more /betas and ultimately more stable updates - 500-ish people can find bugs a lot faster than a small team - without revealing some of the “secret” items.

Of course, this is merely a suggestion, but an official response would be helpful to give some insight on why and when you hold /betas and if you’d be willing to take this suggestion on board.
    IGN: ShrimpBait

Surgery in Growtopia

"Domestic Techie"

This has been suggested by so many people, no action/reply yet but so many people don't agree with this.
    I'm the Best Noob Ever!
    IGN: CoolNoob1994

Quote Originally Posted by michaelhans10 View Post
    Don't say i hate this game
    Dont't say i hate this thread
    Cause. Negative think are bad think.
    Discord: CoolNoob1994#1518
    #WaterAncient

Lesser Wizard

They must add thing like system bring out them who have played 1000hrs and 50+lvl emails and if they send to support mail to ask for beta invite then u will get code andu get into beta, ez. And when beta server is full then it will show u time when u can enter, so everyone who can enter and want to do it can do it. Sry for bad english but i hope u understand me

Quote Originally Posted by BEC21 View Post
    Trust me BETA WON'T EVER OPEN AGAIN. The reason is that ubi has a big team so why use players ? Also you will tell me that they opened it last year for balloon warz, well look at the context : people were mad beacause of the update lack and ubi was running short on time so they opened it but now they might alredy be testing the items for next winter fest
    Just trust me and you will see
    I sent this in another thread
    IGN: BEC21
    Current level : 94
    Contact me on discord : BEC21#4153

You have no idea how easy it is to hack the beta server thus leaking accounts. Literally anyone with medium knowledge of programming can do it.
    ^ 2014 Player ^
    LINK : https://discord.gg/btajcz9
    Join us!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Army-Giveaway
    To read about this server ^

Quote Originally Posted by GRENADIER View Post
    You have no idea how easy it is to hack the beta server thus leaking accounts. Literally anyone with medium knowledge of programming can do it.
    ...but you can't and you don't know how.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryfan View Post
    Hello Ubisoft. I am giving you an idea that will allow you to have a beta of an update without spoiling item names. Basically, let’s say you want to have a update about rocks.

You will probably have to give away the theme of the update - “The next update is about Rocks, and we want you to help beta test it!” This is so testers know at least a bit about the update and will understand it.

However, you may not want to give away the names of some of the rare items in the update - for example, you may want to add a “pet rock”. Well, simply have it in the beta, but change the name to “Secret pet” and give it the appearance of an existing pet. You may also want to give it a different recipe to prevent the “Beta advantage” occuring.

Things like this will allow you to have more /betas and ultimately more stable updates - 500-ish people can find bugs a lot faster than a small team - without revealing some of the “secret” items.

Of course, this is merely a suggestion, but an official response would be helpful to give some insight on why and when you hold /betas and if you’d be willing to take this suggestion on board.
    That hypothetical update sounds amazing
    IGN: Moombah

(◕,,,◕)

I agree.

yOuR mEsSaGe iS tOo ShoRt, pLeAse MAKE IT MORE THAN 10 ITWMS IEKGJCOELTKG
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote Originally Posted by GRENADIER View Post
    Uh, but not all programmers are hacker. Developing algorithm and looking for security gaps are two different things. In fact I can't even "hack" a compiled app made by myself. Also, growtopia security is NOT that unsafe.

Nothing hurts me more than a person who acts like they know every single thing about hacking.
    I'm the Best Noob Ever!
    IGN: CoolNoob1994

Quote Originally Posted by michaelhans10 View Post
    Don't say i hate this game
    Dont't say i hate this thread
    Cause. Negative think are bad think.
    Discord: CoolNoob1994#1518
    #WaterAncient

Quote Originally Posted by coolnoob1994 View Post
    Uh, but not all programmers are hacker. Developing algorithm and looking for security gaps are two different things. In fact I can't even "hack" a compiled app made by myself. Also, growtopia security is NOT that unsafe.

Nothing hurts me more than a person who acts like they know every single thing about hacking.
    Hes new here and want to be respected what do u want?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BEC21 View Post
    I sent this in another thread
    ubisoft has a small team, less than 20, and there is a beta testing account, let alone, team.

Quote Originally Posted by Central View Post
    ubisoft has a small team, less than 20, and there is a beta testing account, let alone, team.
    Yet they are paid to do this so why do we have to do?

[QUOTE=Lollipopper;3696339]...but you can't and you don't know how.

You think i'm a 12 year old using the forums. I major in computer programming. So you're not in a position of saying what I can do.
    ^ 2014 Player ^
    LINK : https://discord.gg/btajcz9
    Join us!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Army-Giveaway
    To read about this server ^