Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: [Ubi Idea] How to add a /beta without spoiling item names.

  1. #1
    Lesser Wizard Jerryfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    422

    Default [Ubi Idea] How to add a /beta without spoiling item names.

    Hello Ubisoft. I am giving you an idea that will allow you to have a beta of an update without spoiling item names. Basically, let’s say you want to have a update about rocks.

    You will probably have to give away the theme of the update - “The next update is about Rocks, and we want you to help beta test it!” This is so testers know at least a bit about the update and will understand it.

    However, you may not want to give away the names of some of the rare items in the update - for example, you may want to add a “pet rock”. Well, simply have it in the beta, but change the name to “Secret pet” and give it the appearance of an existing pet. You may also want to give it a different recipe to prevent the “Beta advantage” occuring.

    Things like this will allow you to have more /betas and ultimately more stable updates - 500-ish people can find bugs a lot faster than a small team - without revealing some of the “secret” items.

    Of course, this is merely a suggestion, but an official response would be helpful to give some insight on why and when you hold /betas and if you’d be willing to take this suggestion on board.
    IGN: ShrimpBait

    Surgery in Growtopia


    "Domestic Techie"

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer coolnoob1994's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    This has been suggested by so many people, no action/reply yet but so many people don't agree with this.
    I'm the Best Noob Ever!
    IGN: CoolNoob1994
    Discord: CoolNoob1994#1518
    #WaterAncient

  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Hidden
    Posts
    293

    Post

    They must add thing like system bring out them who have played 1000hrs and 50+lvl emails and if they send to support mail to ask for beta invite then u will get code andu get into beta, ez. And when beta server is full then it will show u time when u can enter, so everyone who can enter and want to do it can do it. Sry for bad english but i hope u understand me

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer BEC21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Some pixels above this
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BEC21 View Post
    Trust me BETA WON'T EVER OPEN AGAIN. The reason is that ubi has a big team so why use players ? Also you will tell me that they opened it last year for balloon warz, well look at the context : people were mad beacause of the update lack and ubi was running short on time so they opened it but now they might alredy be testing the items for next winter fest
    Just trust me and you will see
    I sent this in another thread

  5. #5
    Lesser Wizard GRENADIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Kkal is just dumb.
    Posts
    169

    Default

    You have no idea how easy it is to hack the beta server thus leaking accounts. Literally anyone with medium knowledge of programming can do it.
    Discord Link: https://discord.gg/btajcz9
    Server Info: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Army-Giveaway
    IGN: TheGrenadier
    Level: 44
    Goal: Own a BFG World: Not even close
    Trusted by: ICANEC, InternetCO/Deathxboy, Terymoney (aka teryjaki), LegendsMade, KingTurnip, SolfJkimblee, ibca,

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Lollipopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GRENADIER View Post
    You have no idea how easy it is to hack the beta server thus leaking accounts. Literally anyone with medium knowledge of programming can do it.
    ...but you can't and you don't know how.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryfan View Post
    Hello Ubisoft. I am giving you an idea that will allow you to have a beta of an update without spoiling item names. Basically, let’s say you want to have a update about rocks.

    You will probably have to give away the theme of the update - “The next update is about Rocks, and we want you to help beta test it!” This is so testers know at least a bit about the update and will understand it.

    However, you may not want to give away the names of some of the rare items in the update - for example, you may want to add a “pet rock”. Well, simply have it in the beta, but change the name to “Secret pet” and give it the appearance of an existing pet. You may also want to give it a different recipe to prevent the “Beta advantage” occuring.

    Things like this will allow you to have more /betas and ultimately more stable updates - 500-ish people can find bugs a lot faster than a small team - without revealing some of the “secret” items.

    Of course, this is merely a suggestion, but an official response would be helpful to give some insight on why and when you hold /betas and if you’d be willing to take this suggestion on board.
    That hypothetical update sounds amazing
    IGN: Moombah


  7. #7
    Lesser Wizard Kuishie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Equestria where ponies live
    Posts
    272

    Default

    I agree.

    yOuR mEsSaGe iS tOo ShoRt, pLeAse MAKE IT MORE THAN 10 ITWMS IEKGJCOELTKG
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer coolnoob1994's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GRENADIER View Post
    You have no idea how easy it is to hack the beta server thus leaking accounts. Literally anyone with medium knowledge of programming can do it.
    Uh, but not all programmers are hacker. Developing algorithm and looking for security gaps are two different things. In fact I can't even "hack" a compiled app made by myself. Also, growtopia security is NOT that unsafe.

    Nothing hurts me more than a person who acts like they know every single thing about hacking.
    I'm the Best Noob Ever!
    IGN: CoolNoob1994
    Discord: CoolNoob1994#1518
    #WaterAncient

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer BEC21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Some pixels above this
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolnoob1994 View Post
    Uh, but not all programmers are hacker. Developing algorithm and looking for security gaps are two different things. In fact I can't even "hack" a compiled app made by myself. Also, growtopia security is NOT that unsafe.

    Nothing hurts me more than a person who acts like they know every single thing about hacking.
    Hes new here and want to be respected what do u want?

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BEC21 View Post
    I sent this in another thread
    ubisoft has a small team, less than 20, and there is a beta testing account, let alone, team.

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer BEC21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Some pixels above this
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Central View Post
    ubisoft has a small team, less than 20, and there is a beta testing account, let alone, team.
    Yet they are paid to do this so why do we have to do?

  12. #12
    Lesser Wizard GRENADIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Kkal is just dumb.
    Posts
    169

    Default

    [QUOTE=Lollipopper;3696339]...but you can't and you don't know how.

    You think i'm a 12 year old using the forums. I major in computer programming. So you're not in a position of saying what I can do.
    Discord Link: https://discord.gg/btajcz9
    Server Info: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Army-Giveaway
    IGN: TheGrenadier
    Level: 44
    Goal: Own a BFG World: Not even close
    Trusted by: ICANEC, InternetCO/Deathxboy, Terymoney (aka teryjaki), LegendsMade, KingTurnip, SolfJkimblee, ibca,

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •