Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: What are your thoughts on this........

  1. #21
    Master Sorcerer Recreate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Nirvāṇa
    Posts
    1,408

    Default

    God is real...
    He put us here to watch drama.
    中国第一名!

  2. #22
    Master Sorcerer LadyCyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    In cold Finland
    Posts
    3,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDoesPBG View Post
    You have your opinion...

    But I have the freedom of choice...
    Sure you have your choice but with a such naive thought, half jokingly, unaware and unprepared...

    You dont know whats coming to you, thats all im gonna say.

    (Discord: LadyCyborg#7485)
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreX View Post
    Thank you Sherlock, Very cool!

  3. #23
    Master Sorcerer Kranken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    gnawing at gummi's trouser sausage ;)
    Posts
    8,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay72 View Post
    Ummm THESE QUESTIONS WERENT ORIGINALLY COMIMG FROM ME DID U NOT READ MY SECOND REPLY STOP criticizing ME for Simply asking for responses to a friends Thoughts of Religion +__+ but I can agree with you in a sense I dont think religion is the cause of the world's problems I believe the cause is us Man (As in Human b4 the Feminazis and LGBTQYZLMNOP community hates me)

    - - - Updated - - -




    Read My second Reply to this thread b4 replying Pls
    -_-
    “religious people can’t take criticism owo” and then you reply with this. btw that wasn’t quote on quote

    I honestly do not care if the original post was created by you or your friend. You take things as if they were pointed at you, but fail to realize that my words, our words, were pointed at he with such thoughts. If the thoughts you shared really were your friends, you shouldn’t be taking things personally, because afterall, those weren’t your thoughts amirite.


    carry is real lol

    #waterancient

  4. #24
    Master Sorcerer DavidDoesPBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    9GAG
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCyborg View Post
    Sure you have your choice but with a such naive thought, half jokingly, unaware and unprepared...

    You dont know whats coming to you, thats all im gonna say.
    You got no idea how much did I read about it, before actually making the decision...
    Started from the bottom, now I dug even deeper!

    My latest video: It's... a music video??

    My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLr...TgHy7Wu01y_dJA

    **Gif removed, due to realisation, christianity is wrong**

  5. #25
    Master Sorcerer Kranken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    gnawing at gummi's trouser sausage ;)
    Posts
    8,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDoesPBG View Post
    You got no idea how much did I read about it, before actually making the decision...
    and this is the reason you are on my ignore list. (you were already before this post)


    carry is real lol

    #waterancient

  6. #26
    Master Sorcerer DavidDoesPBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    9GAG
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    and this is the reason you are on my ignore list. (you were already before this post)
    How did u even read this then...
    Started from the bottom, now I dug even deeper!

    My latest video: It's... a music video??

    My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLr...TgHy7Wu01y_dJA

    **Gif removed, due to realisation, christianity is wrong**

  7. #27
    Master Sorcerer Kranken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    gnawing at gummi's trouser sausage ;)
    Posts
    8,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDoesPBG View Post
    How did u even read this then...

    (10 chars)
    Last edited by Kranken; 07-12-2018 at 03:03 PM.


    carry is real lol

    #waterancient

  8. #28
    Master Sorcerer DavidDoesPBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    9GAG
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    Name:  BADE1173-7557-49B3-8DDD-D66BF1D0B085.jpeg
Views: 53
Size:  332.3 KB

    (10 chars)
    This makes me wonder, why ignoring even exists, and why would people even use it, if they don't even effectively ignore anyway...
    Started from the bottom, now I dug even deeper!

    My latest video: It's... a music video??

    My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLr...TgHy7Wu01y_dJA

    **Gif removed, due to realisation, christianity is wrong**

  9. #29
    Master Sorcerer Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Majapahit but it's 500 years later
    Posts
    2,056

    Default

    Im not good at expressing my opinion (moreover on english) but this is my opinion:
    I believe in god bcuz if god doesnt exist then who made the universe? If u ask if god makes things then who makes god? Well for me the answer is god created himself. Yea absurd but its just my opinion. Feel free to criticize
    Last edited by Critical; 07-12-2018 at 02:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeks View Post
    Dear Growtopian,
    They are aware of this issue and trying to find a fix.
    Thread Locked.
    Best regards,
    Zeeks

    Do not post in thread anymore or I tell mods because I locked it
    And i thought 6ha was the worst

  10. #30
    Master Sorcerer Hailfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay72 View Post
    I believe the cause is us Man (As in Human b4 the Feminazis and LGBTQYZLMNOP community hates me)
    ... if you meant human why wouldn't you just write that in the first place instead of going out of your way to attack the feminist and LGBTQ communities..?

    You seem very short-fused about a a stance on a topic that you claim you didn't even come up with in the first place.

    Maybe instead of trying to attack people of religion under the guise of "someone else's ideas" because you're afraid of the lashback on the internet, next time just discuss these things with people who also share your view IRL.

    Even if you're just trying to start a meaningful discussion in the worst way possible, discussing matters of religion isn't exactly appropriate on a forum primarily filled with pre-teens. (Especially not by starting with "All people who believe in faith have no critical thinking skills and are ruining their lives")
    IGN: Kelsier



    Discord: Kelsier#0593

  11. #31
    Master Sorcerer Sam C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    In the back of a '67 Chevrolet impala
    Posts
    2,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay72 View Post
    Ummm THESE QUESTIONS WERENT ORIGINALLY COMIMG FROM ME DID U NOT READ MY SECOND REPLY STOP criticizing ME for Simply asking for responses to a friends Thoughts of Religion +__+ but I can agree with you in a sense I dont think religion is the cause of the world's problems I believe the cause is us Man (As in Human b4 the Feminazis and LGBTQYZLMNOP community hates me)

    - - - Updated - - -




    Read My second Reply to this thread b4 replying Pls
    -_-
    Take responsibility when making a thread. Don't blame others, or say the thread wasn't based on you - you're the maker of the thread and you posses full responsibility when making it. If you feel I was being harsh, I apologise. That post was a generalised statement but since you made it: I therefore made it tailored for you; as the original poster. My reply was to teach you that such shallow thought on the topic of Religion is not smart, and is something one shouldn't do. You can read it again not targeted for you if you wish and then if you disagree with anything, can add it here.
    In-game name: Samify | Level 76 (no longer play)
    Discord: Samuel#0689 | If you need help, send a message!

  12. #32
    Master Sorcerer abt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    www.rtsoft.com/forums/
    Posts
    4,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam C View Post
    Basically, you take a shallow outlook on Religion, which is abundantly clear by labeling followers of one repressed. Believers should not be the ones who should be worried about being wrong alone, both Theist and Atheist have a risk in chosing a belief system: one is not as right as the other. In case you were not aware—Objective reality does not exist—we cannot prove it.

    Religion has brought great influence to the world, it's the reason you see what you have before you. It's man's way to express the unknown—to believe in the phenomenological experiences within their consciousness. Religion has done far more good than bad—especially with Judeo-Christian values—but, religion has done a lot of bad. Secularism has also done the same - as Russia has proven; with an uncountable amount of deaths tolled by Stalin. Religion is not the source of the problem; it's man.

    Every man in the West abides by Religious values for instance - you follow the Laws of your country. So to ridicule Religion is quite hypocritical, since you, me and everyone else follow Religious principles. The Atheist still adheres to religious, moral principals. For instance, in School, you're taught to not fight for vengeance; to turn the other cheek. This is a Christian principal and one the majority of people follow, adhering to a Religion or not. You're too quick to bash the historicity of principals aiding societies into a better place. Though, wasn't easy to get to. You just head straight towards the god-complex and ignore pages upon pages of intellectual wisdom.

    • Why does Hell exist? (I'm guessing this is a presupposition for it being real) Because some people do not ask to be redeemed or have done something sinful and have not asked for forgiveness. I mean, that's pretty basic. We know Hell exists for sure; everyone has experienced it in some form—either with anxiety or depression for instance. It's a real, dark place.
      ------
    • What counts as straying from Divinity? Doing things considered morally Wrong or incorrect by the texts written by the belief system. Easily seen today, murder, thieft, adultery, rape.
      ------
    • Self actualization? By finding meaning in your life. Turning Chaos into habitual Order; Chaos being life's obstacles; Order being them resolved and or controlled. As the Taoist simple indicates with its classical black and white serpents. Chaos is the unknown—Order is the known. People can find meaning with the aid of Religion and many have. Some can do it without.


    Again, you say no one ever asks these questions, you're wrong. You're purporting blind, straw-man claims because of distaste for Religion, small or large. There are many online IRC webpages where "believers" have deep, profound, intellectual long-forum discussions. Such sites as Quora and Reasonable Faith. You just assume straw-mans and think that you're the first person in the world to come up with these "killer" claims. You're not the first, and you're not the last. Your claims are fallacious, and simply a hubris dig at believers—which the Atheists here should point you out on, insofar as to correct you as I have.

    Have you ever thought that maybe it's us that's the problem and not the Religions? Because how come there's nice religious people and bad? If Religion was the cause then everyone would be bad.

    Not to mention that if we lived in a secular society, it would be tyrannical. We'd be subjugated by leaders and their views; like the Pharos of Egypt; claiming to be the "gods"; and Russia in the '30s. We'd have tribes, each with different views based on axioms of their own design. We see that in Politics, look what that has caused. Now ask yourself, what if it was the same the religions? The juxtaposition for the latter would far be worse than the former.

    To imply every man alive follows religious values is absurd because there are plenty of religions whose values contradict one another, plenty of religions and religious people whose values directly contradict the law which you say is made up if religious values, and it is possible to have morals without religion anyways.
    The Aztec religion involved slicing open a living victim’s chest and pulling out the still-beating heart as sacrifice for the Sun God. There is no argument you could make to claim that such a sacrifice is any less keeping with a person’s religious values than follwing Christianity’s teaching to love your enemies or Islam’s requirements to pray several times a day. The writers of most laws in the United States specifically were Christian to be sure (especially the constitution) but the only reason such laws have lasted is because they are generally consistent with secular morality. Whether or not a person believes murder is wrong because it is in their best interest for such a law to be in place (if murder is illegal you’re much less likely to be murdered) or because they see a value in human life, the point is that murder being wrong isn’t a value that is inherently tied to or exclusively owned by religion (even if SOME religions hold that as important).

    We already do live in a secular society, by the way (well unless you live somewhere in the Middle East). Ancient Egypt was absolutely not a secular society (and I don’t know why you’d bring that up as an example) and while Soviet Russia was, it also went so far as to outlaw religion, something I think most people would consider extreme. The USSR had a habit of religious intolerance, however so do most religions because if religion exists only to gain power than anyone who disagrees with a religion limits its power, and if religions exist to keep people doing the right thing than any other religion or system of beliefs will inevitably interpret things differently and instruct people to do something at least slightly "wrong". Christianity has a decent track record of religious tolerance, especially recently, but ironically enough the Soviet Union's beliefs that their system has all the answers and is therefore beyond criticism, and that any dissenters should be removed or killed is more religious than secular.

    Point is, I think the core value of secular society is “people should be allowed to do whatever they want as long as it isn’t hurting anyone” and while a person’s interpretation of what actions that hurt other people are may differ, there’s nothing in that statement that is inherently religious.

    Also on a semantic note, you used the word ‘juxtaposition’ incorrectly, and the last two sentences of your post are pretty incomprehensible. Juxtaposition refers to two objects or in the case of writing words placed next to each other, while I think you tried to apply it where “integration” or even “combination” would have made much more sense. I think what you were trying to say was “If we lived in a society without religious values...we’d have tribes, each with their own conflicting axioms and morals. We already see that in Politics, and look at what a mess that has caused. I assure you that the combination of a society without religious values would be much worse even than that.”
    If that is what you were trying to say (and again, I’m still not entirely sure), Politics being secular and tribal prove that we do live in a secular society anyways, and no amount of religion will change the fact that large groups of people will always disagree with one another, and on a smaller scale every individual person has their own unique opinions, beliefs, and values.

    Join the Smithing Guild!

  13. #33
    Master Sorcerer Sam C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    In the back of a '67 Chevrolet impala
    Posts
    2,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abt79 View Post
    To imply every man alive follows religious values is absurd because there are plenty of religions whose values contradict one another, plenty of religions and religious people whose values directly contradict the law which you say is made up if religious values, and it is possible to have morals without religion anyways.
    The Aztec religion involved slicing open a living victim’s chest and pulling out the still-beating heart as sacrifice for the Sun God. There is no argument you could make to claim that such a sacrifice is any less keeping with a person’s religious values than follwing Christianity’s teaching to love your enemies or Islam’s requirements to pray several times a day. The writers of most laws in the United States specifically were Christian to be sure (especially the constitution) but the only reason such laws have lasted is because they are generally consistent with secular morality. Whether or not a person believes murder is wrong because it is in their best interest for such a law to be in place (if murder is illegal you’re much less likely to be murdered) or because they see a value in human life, the point is that murder being wrong isn’t a value that is inherently tied to or exclusively owned by religion (even if SOME religions hold that as important).

    We already do live in a secular society, by the way (well unless you live somewhere in the Middle East). Ancient Egypt was absolutely not a secular society (and I don’t know why you’d bring that up as an example) and while Soviet Russia was, it also went so far as to outlaw religion, something I think most people would consider extreme. Christianiy has a decent track record of religious tolerance (while many other religions do not).

    Point is, I think the core value of secular society is “people should be allowed to do whatever they want as long as it isn’t hurting anyone” and while a person’s interpretation of what actions that hurt other people are may differ, there’s nothing in that statement that is inherently religious.

    Also on a semantic note, you used the word ‘juxtaposition’ incorrectly, and the last two sentences of your post are pretty incomprehensible. Juxtaposition refers to two objects or in the case of writing words placed next to each other, while I think you tried to apply it where “integration” or even “combination” would have made much more sense. I think what you were trying to say was “If we lived in a society without religious values...we’d have tribes, each with their own conflicting axioms and morals. We already see that in Politics, and look at what a mess that has caused. I assure you that the combination of a society without religious values would be much worse even than that.”
    If that is what you were trying to say (and again, I’m still not entirely sure), Politics being secular and tribal prove that we do live in a secular society anyways, and no amount of religion will change the fact that large groups of people will always disagree with one another, and on a smaller scale every individual person has their own unique opinions, beliefs, and values.

    Everyman follows religious values is fact. I didn't indicate that they follow a single religious belief system. I clearly said they follow religious values—meaning all religions—depending on cultures for instance. You denying this means you didn't read the text properly. Religious values are embedded into the laws of society: for example, when you go to a court hearing, you raise your hand and swear oath on the Bible - if you live in the West - the Bible being the Christian text (obviously). It doesn't matter if you have a deistic, theistic, or atheistic world-view and origin; you follow religious values. I cannot stress this enough.


    You went off on a tangent informing me on a claim I did not make. I don't know how to reply to such a premise since it's not the one I made.

    You cannot simply throw these values aside and become Secular. It's contradictory fundamentally—dissing all religion whilst keeping its wisdom. We may live in a secular society but our values are by no means so. I've already addressed that above. Again, you went off on a tangent.

    My use of the word is correct. You just didn't read it properly like the rest of my argument. I know what the word means and I know what I said. To try lecture me on my own use of wording shows you are running dry on the information reservoir. Nothing more than a petty low blow on your own lack of understanding.

    Keep your argument structure in place and don't digress please.
    In-game name: Samify | Level 76 (no longer play)
    Discord: Samuel#0689 | If you need help, send a message!

  14. #34
    Master Sorcerer Kay72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    “religious people can’t take criticism owo” and then you reply with this. btw that wasn’t quote on quote

    I honestly do not care if the original post was created by you or your friend. You take things as if they were pointed at you, but fail to realize that my words, our words, were pointed at he with such thoughts. If the thoughts you shared really were your friends, you shouldn’t be taking things personally, because afterall, those weren’t your thoughts amirite.
    Im pretty sure anyone getting criticism for something they didn't do would want to defend themselves Just me Ok....
    Trusted List (New one☹️)


    The item you want to rise wont if all the sellers are sell outs
    ~KayHQ

    #Shame Less ADs:


    Guides

    I Like Kingdom hearts....

  15. #35
    Master Sorcerer abt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    www.rtsoft.com/forums/
    Posts
    4,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam C View Post
    Everyman follows religious values is fact. I didn't indicate that they follow a single religious belief system. I clearly said they follow religious values—meaning all religions—depending on cultures for instance. You denying this means you didn't read the text properly. Religious values are embedded into the laws of society: for example, when you go to a court hearing, you raise your hand and swear oath on the Bible - if you live in the West - the Bible being the Christian text (obviously). It doesn't matter if you have a deistic, theistic, or atheistic world-view and origin; you follow religious values. I cannot stress this enough.


    You went off on a tangent informing me on a claim I did not make. I don't know how to reply to such a premise since it's not the one I made.

    You cannot simply throw these values aside and become Secular. It's contradictory fundamentally—dissing all religion whilst keeping its wisdom. We may live in a secular society but our values are by no means so. I've already addressed that above. Again, you went off on a tangent.

    My use of the word is correct. You just didn't read it properly like the rest of my argument. I know what the word means and I know what I said. To try lecture me on my own use of wording shows you are running dry on the information reservoir. Nothing more than a petty low blow on your own lack of understanding.

    Keep your argument structure in place and don't digress please.
    My overall point is that just because (for example) Christianity states that murder is wrong, does not mean that murder being wrong is an inherently Christian value. The flaw with this argument is that I, as a non-religious person, do not believe murder is wrong because I’m afraid I won’t make the cut for Heaven or Valhalla or whatever, but because I see value in human life for entirely different reasons. In this way I’m carving out my own values based on what I consider to be right and wrong. If the New Testament writings are indeed quotations from Jesus as they claim to be, then there is much in what he is saying that I can respect, however I don’t think it’s “dissing all religion” to state that I’m not a follower of Jesus’s values so much as I am a person trying to decide right from wrong and respecting some of what a single person interprets that to be.
    Not to mention that if a person believes in an idea such as “murder is bad” for a reason other than “God told me to” is also directly going against the religious values of any religion which believes that murder is good (and depending how you define murder, they do exist).

    My “tangents” were examples meant to better explain the arguments I’m making. That seems to be consistent with good argumentative structure. If you do find a big chunk of information that’s irrelevant to the arguments I’m making, do please cite it in your response so I defend what I’m saying or cut that part out. Same goes for the part where I inform you on a claim you did not apparently make.

    My critique of your wording was less of a petty low blow and more of an attempt to better understand what specifically you were saying. “juxtaposition” is defined as “the intentional placement of two objects or ideas together to show contrast” such as putting black curtains on a white wall or two conflicting ideas in a piece of poetry to emphasize the distinction. I don’t really see how that applies to secular values within larger society, but do feel free to illuminate me. Either way, it was not the most important thing I was saying IMO, just a little thing so that I could make sense of a statement that included “what if it was the same the religions?”.

    The real point I’m making in response to you, and the thing I actually care for you to respond to is: Unless it’s followed for religious reasons, a value isn’t inherently religious just because some religion happens to follow it.

    Join the Smithing Guild!

  16. #36
    Master Sorcerer Kay72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Name:  Screenshot_20180712-132540.png
Views: 40
Size:  170.6 KB

    Oh here's some proof ffs

    I still left his name in after blocking it out ;--; fml pls dont randomly add him he'd get mad at me for random people talking to him
    Last edited by Kay72; 07-12-2018 at 06:43 PM.
    Trusted List (New one☹️)


    The item you want to rise wont if all the sellers are sell outs
    ~KayHQ

    #Shame Less ADs:


    Guides

    I Like Kingdom hearts....

  17. #37
    Master Sorcerer Raqk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    [B][/B]
    Posts
    1,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay72 View Post

    Oh here's some proof ffs
    Censors name on top, but not on bottom.

    Also you could easily have sent that to yourself, a screenshot of that sort is no proof whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    my sig (10 chars)
    ---

  18. #38
    Master Sorcerer Kay72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raqk View Post
    Censors name on top, but not on bottom.

    Also you could easily have sent that to yourself, a screenshot of that sort is no proof whatsoever.
    Even with proof I get denied Im done I can't prove my innocence

    - - - Updated - - -

    Is that better?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Trusted List (New one☹️)


    The item you want to rise wont if all the sellers are sell outs
    ~KayHQ

    #Shame Less ADs:


    Guides

    I Like Kingdom hearts....

  19. #39
    Master Sorcerer Sam C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    In the back of a '67 Chevrolet impala
    Posts
    2,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abt79 View Post
    My overall point is that just because (for example) Christianity states that murder is wrong, does not mean that murder being wrong is an inherently Christian value. The flaw with this argument is that I, as a non-religious person, do not believe murder is wrong because I’m afraid I won’t make the cut for Heaven or Valhalla or whatever, but because I see value in human life for entirely different reasons. In this way I’m carving out my own values based on what I consider to be right and wrong. If the New Testament writings are indeed quotations from Jesus as they claim to be, then there is much in what he is saying that I can respect, however I don’t think it’s “dissing all religion” to state that I’m not a follower of Jesus’s values so much as I am a person trying to decide right from wrong and respecting some of what a single person interprets that to be.
    Not to mention that if a person believes in an idea such as “murder is bad” for a reason other than “God told me to” is also directly going against the religious values of any religion which believes that murder is good (and depending how you define murder, they do exist).

    My “tangents” were examples meant to better explain the arguments I’m making. That seems to be consistent with good argumentative structure. If you do find a big chunk of information that’s irrelevant to the arguments I’m making, do please cite it in your response so I defend what I’m saying or cut that part out. Same goes for the part where I inform you on a claim you did not apparently make.

    My critique of your wording was less of a petty low blow and more of an attempt to better understand what specifically you were saying. “juxtaposition” is defined as “the intentional placement of two objects or ideas together to show contrast” such as putting black curtains on a white wall or two conflicting ideas in a piece of poetry to emphasize the distinction. I don’t really see how that applies to secular values within larger society, but do feel free to illuminate me. Either way, it was not the most important thing I was saying IMO, just a little thing so that I could make sense of a statement that included “what if it was the same the religions?”.

    The real point I’m making in response to you, and the thing I actually care for you to respond to is: Unless it’s followed for religious reasons, a value isn’t inherently religious just because some religion happens to follow it.
    Your point again, flawed. An axiom on a presupposition I didn't make. You keep assuming a singular Religion that I'm basing my argument on - and also assuming that the Religions I mention are only the recent Monotheistic ones. I have not said that so why you keep defending it is strange.

    You're afraid to commit murder because you don't want to be imprisoned for your life—nothing to do with Heaven. You haven't come to your own consensus that murder is wrong; society has told you that it is wrong—and you have made your opinion on it and agree with society's view - which is based on religious foundations. If you do a simple Google search or read the History of civilisations, you'd know this. Of course, a modicum of people get told murder is wrong by society and reject it's view; they end up in Prison. You again insist on bringing straw-man claims.

    One thing you're perpetuated on is this idea of religious contradictory. Where has that idea come from? I have again, said religious values as in all. Do you have an issue understanding this claim of mine? You say my argument is flawed, yet mention points not of my view. I'm confused on how to respond because I didn't make such claims. I clearly said Religious values. Why has this lead you astray to go off on a tangent? I didn't say one religion has prevalent values over the others; I didn't say Christianity is the key to moral values; I said Religious values as in all religions to have been created and evolved have made the societies before us, they lay down the base for everything. Is this untrue? Did Secularism make the morality and laws? If so, please show me.


    Juxtaposition is a synonym for contrast ergo I said basically that if you look at the Political domain, you have tribes. Which is very evident such as: Conservative, Libertarian, Socialist, Communist, Nationalist, Liberal, Democrat. I said when we disband from Religion entirely, we'll have tribes such as the ones in the Political domain; and that the juxtaposition (contrast) between the two would be far worse on the religious tribal side. Similar in the means of finding what works best in life. Since the religious side spans more exponentially, it would be far worse.

    The point you want me to respond to is not the one I made. It's a straw-man on your part. So how can I? You do realize that values such as do not steal or kill stem from Religion yes? Man doesn't wake up in his primal state and decide to not take things on his own accord or to kill for sustenance. Religion has existed since man could conceive ideas of Transcendence. Or ideas in general. Man's desire for higher values has always existed. Almost embedded in our biology. Secularism still takes the religious values and wisdom, but removes the shabby baggage. Cutting the fat off the meat. You posses Religious values deep within you but you don't follow the extra baggage. Fyoder Dostoevsky covers this in his work - Crime and Punishment - where a man gets away with murder on a societal basis but his psychology doesn't let him off.



    Quote Originally Posted by Kay72 View Post
    Even with proof I get denied Im done I can't prove my innocence
    Is that better?
    You don't have to defend yourself for someone else but next time if you don't want people to have an argument with you when you make claims, just don't post it.
    In-game name: Samify | Level 76 (no longer play)
    Discord: Samuel#0689 | If you need help, send a message!

  20. #40
    Master Sorcerer Kranken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    gnawing at gummi's trouser sausage ;)
    Posts
    8,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay72 View Post
    Im pretty sure anyone getting criticism for something they didn't do would want to defend themselves Just me Ok....
    saying you did not write it does not mean you did not post it. if i were to post something like this for my friend, i'd show him the replies and let him answer.


    carry is real lol

    #waterancient

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •