Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubisoft, you can’t pick WOTDs and it feels awful.

Default Ubisoft, you can’t pick WOTDs and it feels awful.

Your decision making is so poor that a toddler can do it. WOTDs hardly feels like a community factor but more of a Developer-side preferance. The worlds you pick are uninspiring and trash. They are all the same and show the true problem with world building.

Nobody cares about an irrelevant trophy that does nothing and proves nothing since around 2000 has been given away. They provide no worth and are usually sold off for the world’s cost.

As an avid world builder and knowledge in this area, please listen to me so the fate of world building is not dismal, you do care about your game’s health? Then listen.

Picking an inspiring, interesting and beautiful world every day is hard because demand exceeds production. These quality, award-worthy worlds take time to craft and thus cannot be made so quickly and proficiently. You need to understand this. Picking a world of the day every single day is unhealthy as these poor worlds you have to choose since nothing can top the standard is damaging the reputation of building and causing players to build cheap, ugly and typical worlds that reply old aspects: copied pixel art, race worlds, monotonous parkour, monochromatic worlds, poor story telling, etc. It is uninviting to go to a world to see poor grammar, boring play aspects and the same design over and over again.

A majority of the player base don’t invest time practising world building, or even care about how their worlds look. This is because you don’t capitalise on it and let the idea die. You update the game with wonderful blocks and mechanics yet they are overshined by the whole idea of the new gameplay feature. Even worse, you reward the blocks so greedily that they become really expensive and undesirable to the lower class players, who coincidentally are the most likely to be intrigued in building for WOTDs where they are limited to building blocks by the cost factor. Similarly, blocks like the howler, high level cyblocks and more are all very expensive and thus hardly used. This way you go about things is so distasteful it really does ask if you actually want players to use the blocks you offer them since they all have disgusting price tags. Not a lot of players are rich, and sadly, most would rather spend their world locks on looking over-the-top ‘pretty’ instead of wasting their time making a world, or WOTDS where nobody actually acknowledges WOTDs.

The fact games like Minecraft and other build-heavy games are so successful and inspiring to consider their crafting of blocks n’ such an art form is that they allow the players to be freely creative via easy access to amassed building through unlimited items, or due to a generous supply.

I doubt you’ll take action on anything I proposed since you’re too busy getting hacked again, and the fact I’ve said this so many times I can recite it off by heart. Fix your game instead of layering it with sugarcoated updates that are retextures of old features and become obsolete after a few weeks.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    30 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

World of the day could be straight around turned into world-that-we-highly-advertise-of-however-many-days-we-feel-like-to, being supported with a tiny showcase video on the YouTube channel, super broadcasts and other stuff made by a group of devs. Aaaaaaand yeah, the trophy selling bastards have driven it far enough to make the whole thing untradeable.

Also the beginning is so copypasta
    Yo
    I'm HGrowH (<<<IGN), now a full time builder.

UberDuck's B.O.O. Song!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWZkvBJwrk]
    My Youtube channel link for people looking for it
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP4...HzZ73Qv1vot_yQ

These lines are here so people won't click on the link when trying to quote

Master Sorcerer retardedzlockgaming's Avatar
    Under your bed. I'm there, trust me. Also, stop dropping books down there, it hurts my head.

+1

If WOTDs which used to be packed only get 4 people at a time in it, they're obviously doing something wrong.
    Come to my candy van, don't be shy...

My Humongous World Showcase.

Quit in 2017, forums in 2018. Thanks for the memories!

Name:  jaildoors.png
Views: 969
Size:  160.3 KB
    Name:  kontland.png
Views: 933
Size:  444.0 KB
    Name:  thelastmaze.png
Views: 912
Size:  477.3 KB
    Name:  zombiewalk.png
Views: 920
Size:  406.6 KB

Yes, all of these have won WOTD

GrowID: Skullifer

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas :) View Post

Maze worlds are so stupid.

I miss seth.

Seth choose very High class and good wotd.
    ”Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.”

Instagram:mylocationgt
    Youtube:mylocationgt
    Discord:mylocation#8770

Quote Originally Posted by myLocation View Post
    I miss seth.

Seth choose very High class and good wotd.
    Nice joke...
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 123. Title/Dragon/Dragon Wings/Epic done, sponsor pending.
    IGN: TK69

Buywings is wotd O_O

Changed My Forum Username to Kfbun
    IGN: MadMewMew

SUB TO KFBUN

Thanks ItsEaglet for the Avatar

TNX DEVS FOR ADDING MY SUGGESTION (Floating Speaker) , (Pet Egg) and maybe (Mud Puddle)

I guess THELASTMAZE wasn't the last maze.
    IGN: SNOWYFOX

Which one is original

ign: cREamNut
    level: 56
    discord tag: BuffaloBom#6062
    my discord server
    add me on roblox
    my youtube channel. subscribe pl0x
    humama hihih
    2g2t.org time

Didn't know WOTD is easy to get...
    IGN:LanceGamer
    Youtube:Redify

Helpfull Video Suggested for you

Suggested World for you

“#STAYREDIFIED"

Ps.I like Bold Font Letters

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    Nice joke...
    Why are you saying "Nice joke?" Back when Seth was around, he actually chose good worlds.
    I would like to hear your side, so please explain.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Bobotov View Post
    Why are you saying "Nice joke?" Back when Seth was around, he actually chose good worlds.
    I would like to hear your side, so please explain.
    ubisoft does choose good worlds too, but once in a blue moon.
    anyway I'm sure back then expectations were low and the building blocks weren't out of question for people generally, whereas today making a world out of old blocks is trite and builders must come up with worlds using new blocks, which are badly priced.

the choosing is the same, seth or ubi. It's just ubi killed the wotd mechanics with expensive blocks and the daily nature of wotd resulting less and less good nominees.

suggestion would be to choose the worlds less often-once a week or so to increase both the quantity and the quality of the worlds being nominated, and increase accessibility to the building blocks.
    I crave for attention so don't give me any

goals i rly want people to read so i made a sentence with reverse psychology so that they do:

This thread is full of ppl who don't know how to use spoilers...

[spoiler.]insert text here[/spoiler.] <<< A spoiler looks like that, just without the full stops in the brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by thepronub View Post

[spoiler.]insert text here[/spoiler.] <<< A spoiler looks like that, just without the full stops in the brackets.
    thank you mr genius
    I guess people dont know if their lazy to put spoilers
    -------------------
    Change my mind
    IGN:LanceGamer
    Youtube:Redify

Helpfull Video Suggested for you

Suggested World for you

“#STAYREDIFIED"

Ps.I like Bold Font Letters

Master Sorcerer

I should make a crap WOTD and then give the trophy back to Ubisoft to hand them a fat L.

Honestly I used to visit WOTDs back in the day when they were good.

By that I mean a few years ago.
    IGN: Tevoir
    Level: 125

Time for a true display of skill!

Rolled and smoked.

The thing is we're getting very few submissions recently and perhaps not a lot of them are as good as from the years back. It's hard to select when there are hardly any other choices in the official WOTD Forum Thread.

However, do submit your nominations to me or if you find a good one encourage them to nominate their world so we could discover them too!

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    The thing is we're getting very few submissions recently and perhaps not a lot of them are as good as from the years back. It's hard to select when there are hardly any other choices in the official WOTD Forum Thread.

However, do submit your nominations to me or if you find a good one encourage them to nominate their world so we could discover them too!
    then you could probably expand the duration between the winners? Like once/twice every week or so. Would help greatly and solve the problems you just listed.

I do know that you're just choosing off a limited list of nominees with new submission once every few days or so, and that would make the quality drop drastically.

I really respect that you guys are active and are adapt to changes, now if only you could implement some of these suggestions: either to choose a world every few days or to change how people get building blocks.

(one example is Tournament blocks - you guys are wasting your hard labor! All the work to design those beautiful blocks goes into oblivion because they're practically impossible to be obtained in large enough quantities)

(a good example of easy accessibility is the dimension blocks! Good price to sustain the rarity AND large quantities for desirable buildings at a time, great mechanics)
    I crave for attention so don't give me any

goals i rly want people to read so i made a sentence with reverse psychology so that they do:

Quote Originally Posted by thepronub View Post

How is this related to the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post

If you would actually read the whole thread you’d discuss about the issues I outline, this just proves you read the title and not the whole thread. I said make it World of the week or so, improve access to blocks and make winning more desirable with a new reward system. Building is a core aspect to Growtopia yet it is ignored because of its fashion.

I swear every time I offer feedback you ignore everything and don’t discuss your views on my views. This is why we get nowhere.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    30 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    How is this related to the thread?

If you would actually read the whole thread you’d discuss about the issues I outline, this just proves you read the title and not the whole thread. I said make it World of the week or so, improve access to blocks and make winning more desirable with a new reward system. Building is a core aspect to Growtopia yet it is ignored because of its fashion.

I swear every time I offer feedback you ignore everything and don’t discuss your views on my views. This is why we get nowhere.
    Techy is triggered.

Insert OOF
    "I can see a rainbow. In your tears as they fall on down. I can see your soul grow. Through the pain as they hit the ground". ~ Sia.

Changed name to FabPiano
    I'm a boy, please don't say that I am a girl..
    Want some fabulous songs? TUNESONGS
    Instagram: FabPianoGT

Read my first story! The beginning of FabPiano
    Join my Discord: *Maintenace*
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ng-of-FabPiano

Quote Originally Posted by M1tch View Post
    BlackIce was nuked from orbit!