Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ubisoft, you can’t pick WOTDs and it feels awful.

how the hell can this problem get fixed if the Ubisoft Staff are forced to ignore the complaints.
    this problem has been like posted a lot of times and yet it is still getting ignored.
    why even hire a community manager if he/she is just forced to ignore this kind of posts lol.

how will this problem get fixed if you yourselves won't cooperate.
    this is slowly becoming copypasta.

We've been complaining about this for so long already, I doubt anything will change at this point. They keep ignoring everything we have to say, even if they say otherwise.

The game's rotting. Said rot has began quite some time ago, but it is becoming all the more visible as time goes on due to nothing being done about it.

screw it im posting all 7 ancients worlds we will have a week of all ancients wotds

ANCIENTCLANS
    ANCIENTSACADEMY
    ANCIENTSHQ
    WATERANCIENT
    FIREANCIENT
    AIRANCIENT
    EARTHANCIENT

and THEANCIENTS

Quote Originally Posted by lukj2001 View Post
    screw it im posting all 7 ancients worlds we will have a week of all ancients wotds

ANCIENTCLANS
    ANCIENTSACADEMY
    ANCIENTSHQ
    WATERANCIENT
    FIREANCIENT
    AIRANCIENT
    EARTHANCIENT

and THEANCIENTS
    Heh, good luck. I have posted my own world (SHADELIGHT) in the official thread about half a year ago yet it still hasn't been picked. I believe the devs just love basic dirt caves and copypasted mazes way too much.

Hey guys,

Even if some answers can appear « generic » to you, make no mistake, we’re paying close attention to your feedback.

So far, we just can’t commit yet on changes, but we’re going to explore the leads that you guys raised:

1. Make the WOTD nomination more global, and don’t restrain only to the forum thread
    - Pros: More worlds to select from
    - Cons: Can take some time to go through X sources to select a world every day

2. Change from WOTD to WOTW in order not to settle on lower quality worlds
    - Pros: More time to create and select WOTDs
    - Cons: It impacts the dynamic quite negatively, having a new WOTD to visit from the gazette every day is pretty cool for players too, and it’s more trophies also

3. The 2018 Trophy issue: To be fair, it was not the intention to block the Legendary quest progress, we made a mistake on this, we wanted to improve the recognition of having a WOTD and it turned out to be quite the opposite. We’re working on a solution that we’ll be sharing soon, but the idea is to give you a choice.

4. Off topic but still a very interesting topic: /Beta
    It’d be awesome to try out our updates on Beta indeed, but unfortunately, when we did so last time for Balloon Warz, most of the time allocated to it was not based on the update content, and just people going there and being toxic because well, it’s not their main account and it feels like they can do anything there. We’ll be thinking of new ways to let you guys access the content before its release, but it’s not a black and white topic, and if we could have it back easily, we would have done it already.

Last but not least, even if some answers from the guys may sound a bit generic sometimes, they’re following up closely and push your ideas to be taken into account.
    It’s just that after this it needs to go into planning, discussions etc, so it doesn’t happen overnight unfortunately.

Thanks for bearing with us and helping us make Growtopia better!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerio View Post
    Hey guys,

Even if some answers can appear « generic » to you, make no mistake, we’re paying close attention to your feedback.

So far, we just can’t commit yet on changes, but we’re going to explore the leads that you guys raised:

1. Make the WOTD nomination more global, and don’t restrain only to the forum thread

- Cons: It impacts the dynamic quite negatively, having a new WOTD to visit from the gazette every day is pretty cool for players too, and it’s more trophies also

3. The 2018 Trophy issue: To be fair, it was not the intention to block the Legendary quest progress, we made a mistake on this, we wanted to improve the recognition of having a WOTD and it turned out to be quite the opposite. We’re working on a solution that we’ll be sharing soon, but the idea is to give you a choice.

It’d be awesome to try out our updates on Beta indeed, but unfortunately, when we did so last time for Balloon Warz, most of the time allocated to it was not based on the update content, and just people going there and being toxic because well, it’s not their main account and it feels like they can do anything there. We’ll be thinking of new ways to let you guys access the content before its release, but it’s not a black and white topic, and if we could have it back easily, we would have done it already.

Last but not least, even if some answers from the guys may sound a bit generic sometimes, they’re following up closely and push your ideas to be taken into account.
    It’s just that after this it needs to go into planning, discussions etc, so it doesn’t happen overnight unfortunately.

1:Idk lol

2: Make WOTDs' every 2-3 days? 1 week is too much but 2-3 days not so bad
    here's an idea, have a WOTW and WOTD
    WOTW Will have a longer, harder world
    while WOTD has a easier one?

3. Try making both trophies in quests?

4. Make actual rules in /beta, and when they break it in there it will stay in the main one

Hey guys,

This reply from you is better then rest....
    It seems u closely followed it
    +1 to you
    IGN : Aneeqz51
    Level : 67

Time is the biggest investment you will ever make

the united states of they're taking medicare away send help

Considering the fact that they probably rarely check the forums, I doubt it's going to change.

The game's slowly crashing and we all know why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iJumpz View Post
    how the hell can this problem get fixed if the Ubisoft Staff are forced to ignore the complaints.
    this problem has been like posted a lot of times and yet it is still getting ignored.
    why even hire a community manager if he/she is just forced to ignore this kind of posts lol.

how will this problem get fixed if you yourselves won't cooperate.
    this is slowly becoming copypasta.
    The difference is, complaints can be criticism.

If they aren't going to take any criticism in, then that's just pure bologna.

Edit: Oh interesting, I guess I didn't read the entire thread. My bad.
    keeping it short and sweet
    Discord IGN: Kimbelina #5496
    A.K.A. Kimi <3

https://68.media.tumblr.com/6eaaa10a...uylko1_500.gif
    originally known as Chibiusa

Hey guys,

Thank you for giving an in-depth reply, this is what all replies should be.

1. WOTDs should be made more global and recognised, thus leading for more applications and more people wanting to compete, thus raising the competition, thus increasing better quality of worlds.

2. WOTDs are already quite dead for players as it feels unrewarding to play them, and as well players aren’t interested in the story or parkour as it all feels the same/repeated. However, that’s a problem you guys can’t solve but the community has to: an increased competition will increase quality. World of the week wouldn’t feel bare - you could make it so it is world of the weekdays, off time during the weekends to allow time to choose the next WOTD and repeat.

3. Make WOTDs more rewarding other than useless trophies and somehow give rewards to participants who play the WOTD.

4. Just enforce rules as moderators would be playing during the beta, however do not enforce their boring duties but make it a side-job.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    30 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Master Sorcerer

The "cons" side is still presented too vaguely. What is the "dynamic" here may I ask? The flow of constant daily worlds? The flow of your choosing work? Whichever it is it shouldn't matter much for the pros presented.

" having a new WOTD to visit from the gazette every day is pretty cool for players too"
    This is a bit too subjective of a view, please don't say as if we all enjoy clicking on worlds everyday than weekly. Who knows if there exists a large body of players that prefer entering a good world weekly to playing the same trite bad worlds daily.

" and it’s more trophies also" I don't understand what this is meant to say. Won't weekly worlds generate less trophies than daily ones?

You should explore more of the advantages to this change. Will help reduce your workload a ton (thus help in choosing better worlds), give more weight to the trophy, the world and the whole WOTD mechanics in general and will, as said, boost the players' motivation to build better worlds.
    Right now people are getting away with bad worlds because they know it doesn't matter if they lose for a day- there's always the next day, or 7 chances a week. Something must be done to that mindset.

I do know you're looking at this problem seriously, but there should at least be some sort of disclosure of your WIP so we don't feel as nervous with the future direction this system will go.
    I crave for attention so don't give me any

goals i rly want people to read so i made a sentence with reverse psychology so that they do:

Just by looking at how maze world could even win WOTD makes more people feel like making it.
    IGN:Fervors

Quote Originally Posted by lukj2001 View Post

ANCIENTCLANS
    ANCIENTSACADEMY
    ANCIENTSHQ
    WATERANCIENT
    FIREANCIENT
    AIRANCIENT
    EARTHANCIENT

and THEANCIENTS
    10charcoals
    Name:  captl.png
Views: 206
Size:  519.7 KB
    Started from the bottom, now I dug even deeper!

My latest video: A surreal GT video

The perfect game dosen't exi...
    https://i.imgur.com/zIZ2Suw.png

Quote Originally Posted by Shadelight View Post
    Heh, good luck. I have posted my own world (SHADELIGHT) in the official thread about half a year ago yet it still hasn't been picked. I believe the devs just love basic dirt caves and copypasted mazes way too much.
    I'll nominate my main world too.
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/worlds/notspooky.pngez wotd, right?

Hey guys,

So far, we just can’t commit yet on changes, but we’re going to explore the leads that you guys raised.
    Another point I went to make is maybe gfettijgnsome experience on world picking to ensure quality of worlds. This game is quite new to you - I assume - and you’re straight into picking worlds. Like hiring moderators (which we definetly need to do again or get more moderators for an ever growing game), you could possibly make an application for WOTD pickers. This can relieve stress from you lot, lift the job you have to do on having to pick WOTDS.

This is down to trust, but is the exact same trust you give to moderators, who are community members like us. This would not be different to applying moderators, so whatever trust issues you’d have with someone awarding players WOTD you’d have for moderators, who have rewarded players similarly in other fashions.

We need more experienced players as leaders and moderators, ones with different jobs. Getting some random person who is paid by Ubisoft to work on Growtopia to become a moderator isn’t the same: they are anonymous to us and we feel disconnected to them as they are just some random person who’s been enlisted to do duty. This new chance to give more players of the community responsibility is exciting as it ties us closer to you lot at Ubisoft. It’d be great, hopefully.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    30 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Lesser Wizard

I have an idea. If Ubisoft isn’t happy with the worlds they have now, build their own. It may be time consuming, but honestly I feel like it would be fun for the moderators and developers to make a world (or possibly a few) with a good design, story, and parkour. It would also help them understand the process of building these worlds and why we want them to be better
    This whole account is one giant post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollipopper View Post
    Well, unlike whatever that thing is supposed to be, I spent quite some time building mine.
    Name:  shadelight.png
Views: 173
Size:  368.5 KB

Master Sorcerer

I believe to start making WOTD's better, I think that not only adventure/parkour/maze worlds should be nominated.

WOTDs don't need to be good looking, but they can even be fun, simple, rewarding to the player, anything positive in fact.

If WOTDs continue, I wish the developers will add side notes to WOTD, stating why they like the world. This will show dedication to picking WOTDs.
    Actually this is a great idea.
    IGN: Tevoir
    Level: 125

Time for a true display of skill!

Rolled and smoked.

I support everything here.

Oh god...

There seems to be a popular notion that World of the Day should be World of the Week. I am not always an opponent to change, but when it has been tradition for nearly five years to pick a World of the Day every day, complaining about the worlds being "mediocre" seems like a personal distaste that the honor is no longer an honor. Exciting worlds are picked; rather, most simply believe that because there are vapid, prosaic themes that reoccur in WOTDs, no interesting worlds are selected. WOTD is still an honor. People are not avoiding WOTDs because they are lackluster; they avoid them because of a reason no one wants to address: the sandbox aspect of this game. It is irrefutable to claim anything other that this game is a capitalistic race to wealth. Why is nobody enjoying worlds? Well, that is no longer — and arguably never was — the primary objective in the game.

Aside from the technicalities, there is a major flaw in the presentation of the grievances. Pushing around community managers and insulting their work is not the way to get anything accomplished. This is not some sort of political protest where one can just scream over people they dislike and then whine their needs are not being met. Words like "unacceptable" that frequent discussion threads like this are melodramatic and plainly dismissive. Security breaches are unacceptable. Prolonged server malfunctioning is unacceptable. Picking a boring world of the day is not only a non-problem, but it is inhumane to ridicule the people responsible for the non-problem. Why did NomNomz act so irrationally? People spoke in sharp tongues when they told him he sucked at his job. Yes, there was more occurring behind the scenes in that instance, but it is surprising one of the developers has not used a Hamumu-tactic and been blatantly sarcastic in their responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rompie View Post
    *straightout ignoring every suggestion*
    That’s called rude. The game may be yours, if we have good ideas on how to change it, you should be able to adjust. Or at least say why you will continue using the current system, instead of the suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by TradeOnlyJr View Post
    Please summon Starkos instead. We don't want a robot answering this 5-star worthy criticism/suggestion.

Behold an illogical reply from the most useless community manager in GROWTOPIA!
    No, actually, you are spoiled. Developers are not obligated to listen to subjective rants and pity parties as much as they already do. Seth and Hamumu were simply doing the community a favor by listening. But no, as an entitled player, it is definitely your job to show Ubisoft nothing but passive-aggression even though you guys will never be happy and perpetually find nuances within the game to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas :) View Post
    Okay this is where the hit the fan, atleast on my behalf. Why is this?

If you were to see a cool WOTD worthy world out there, NOT on the WOTD thread, why is it disqualified?
    That sounds a bit absurd in my opinion.

(Or maybe it's because you guys don't really pay attention to what you're doing, nor do you actually check out worlds anywhere else)

A world worth WOTD should be as eligible to win the award with or without a post on the forums, in my opinion
    But of course, do what you want to, it's your game, it's our job to enjoy it no matter what, let's all just sPrEaD tHe PoSiTiViTy!! NO MORE HATE!! YAY!

No, but seriously. Fix your , there's a lot of things to work on. Listen to the community if you guys don't have a clue about what's wrong.

I've been trying to have a positive look on this whole trade of adminship thing, I mean heck, you guys have been running the game for over a year already.
    But as much as you guys get support in the end, you can't just ignore the suggestions and keep making mistakes. I don't want Seth and Mike back running the game on their own. But I do think you guys need more training.

[Getting somewhat sidetracked here, but I feel like ranting.]

We get a new update monthly, that's cool. Usually the updates have nice concepts, but are executed horribly. This is where you guys should listen to the players.
    There have been multiple threads regarding the /beta server. You should let the experienced players test out the new updates before the actual launch, so you won't have to solve a ton of problems everytime a new update is out.

[I KNOW, NOT WOTD RELATED ANYMORE]

Listen to the community. We might not be as experienced in running a game, but we for sure know a lot more about this game than you do. So please be open to criticism, don't reply with automated replies here on the forums. I noticed that you guys don't really use automated replies via email, which is nice. Keep that up.
    But once again, hear us out.

This post is a mess, I know. I am bad at writing things, I do have a point, but it's a bit oddly formed Try to understand
    It makes perfect sense why worlds outside the nomination thread are not considered. Ubisoft is comprised of professionals. Picking a world haphazardly because "it seems cool" is not only unprofessional, but requires there to be more staff on the Growtopia team simply to sift through random worlds in hopes to find a passable one that the community would still probably complain about.

Again, this may seem like a straw man, but this is a non-problem. I would much rather see Ubisoft implement more interesting features or deal with unruly players. Devoting any more than an hour of anyone's time into selecting a WOTD is a complete waste.
    Pardon me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollipopper View Post
    Very easy
    Sorry Bad english

Update :

Amphibia Intro (Growtopia Version)
    Soooo Smaaaaaaal