Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: I commented more than once on the world restribution post + (Not wrong.

  1. #1

    Default I commented more than once on the world restribution post + (Not wrong.

    Right now I'm on college, so later I'll edit this post to make it longer.

    1. It doesn't said that you must comment ONCE.

    2. I have some VOTW, and there is really normal commenting more than once, So, I don't see nothing wrong on it. I'm used to see and see nothing wrng.

    3. It doesn't said that you must comment ONCE.

    4. I thought everyone was doing it.

    (I'll edit this later).

    WOTD Specifies, world destribution giveaway doesn't. I think this is the main evidence.

    Name:  Captura de pantalla 2018-08-13 a la(s) 12.54.51 PM.png
Views: 146
Size:  181.0 KB
    Last edited by Friedrich Nietzsche; 08-13-2018 at 05:57 PM.
    I'm dumb.

    My Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/lukassoccer.gt/


    Likes:
    ºStar Wars
    ºVideo FX
    ºBooks
    If you have some of this likes and wanna be my friend PM me or msg me in game!

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Friedrich Nietzsche View Post
    Right now I'm on college, so later I'll edit this post to make it longer.

    1. It isn't ilegal/wrong, there aren't rules about it.

    2. I have some VOTW, and there is really normal commenting more than once, So, I don't see nothing wrong on it. I'm used to see and see nothing wrng.

    3. It doesn't said that you must comment ONCE.

    4. I thought everyone was doing it.

    (I'll edit this later).
    Why would you make a new thread? Keep it here.

    Also:
    1. It is not disclosed, but it should be obvious.
    2. Its a scumbag move. And VOTW isn't the same as this.
    3. It is not disclosed, but it should be obvious.
    4. No you didn't.

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    In the back of a '67 Chevrolet impala
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houzteR View Post
    Why would you make a new thread? Keep it here.

    Also:
    1. It is not disclosed, but it should be obvious.
    2. Its a scumbag move. And VOTW isn't the same as this.
    3. It is not disclosed, but it should be obvious.
    4. No you didn't.
    1) contingencies mean nothing.
    2) agreed, but it's a smart move considering it was not disallowed.
    3) contingencies mean nothing.

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer lukj2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    3,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam C View Post
    1) contingencies mean nothing.
    2) agreed, but it's a smart move considering it was not disallowed.
    3) contingencies mean nothing.
    He's arguing for objective justice not "explicitly stated justice"

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    In the back of a '67 Chevrolet impala
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lukj2001 View Post
    He's arguing for objective justice not "explicitly stated justice"
    Justice on what merits? His own or that of the developers, because the latter does not favour him.

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    964

    Default

    LukasSoccer had 8 posts. A few (about 8-10?) people had 2 posts (but these posts were post-redistribution, e.g. pijus', he posted how he won a world).
    EVERYONE else played it fair and posted only 1 reply. He deserves absolutely no respect for what he did - he did it purely for world locks (world cant be sold, but vends can be placed in, hm?) and he has absolutely no sportsmanship.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houzteR View Post
    LukasSoccer had 8 posts. A few (about 8-10?) people had 2 posts (but these posts were post-redistribution, e.g. pijus', he posted how he won a world).
    EVERYONE else played it fair and posted only 1 reply. He deserves absolutely no respect for what he did - he did it purely for world locks (world cant be sold, but vends can be placed in, hm?) and he has absolutely no sportsmanship.
    You have my guarantee I won't place vends, If you see one I'll give the world to yourself.
    I'm dumb.

    My Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/lukassoccer.gt/


    Likes:
    ºStar Wars
    ºVideo FX
    ºBooks
    If you have some of this likes and wanna be my friend PM me or msg me in game!

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Friedrich Nietzsche View Post
    You have my guarantee I won't place vends, If you see one I'll give the world to yourself.
    I dont want the world, I am pretty wealthy and I dont feel such urge to obtain one - just decided to try my luck and join it. (with 1 reply )
    But you have ruined the redistribution for many people who actually tried playing fair, they could have won if not you trying to nab the world for yourself with dirty methods.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houzteR View Post
    I dont want the world, I am pretty wealthy and I dont feel such urge to obtain one - just decided to try my luck and join it. (with 1 reply )
    But you have ruined the redistribution for many people who actually tried playing fair, they could have won if not you trying to nab the world for yourself with dirty methods.
    Dirty? I thought everyone was commenting more than once, that's how giveaways work.
    I'm dumb.

    My Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/lukassoccer.gt/


    Likes:
    ºStar Wars
    ºVideo FX
    ºBooks
    If you have some of this likes and wanna be my friend PM me or msg me in game!

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    In the back of a '67 Chevrolet impala
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Fair would imply that the rules would indicate what he did was unfair, which they did not. It's bad sportsmanship and nothing more.

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Friedrich Nietzsche View Post
    Dirty? I thought everyone was commenting more than once, that's how giveaways work.
    As I said, dont act stupid. You knew well people are not commenting more than once, its easy to see that. And thats now how giveaways work, what the hell?
    Usually people get disqualified in giveaways similiar to this for posting more than 1 reply/comment/whatever.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houzteR View Post
    As I said, dont act stupid. You knew well people are not commenting more than once, its easy to see that. And thats now how giveaways work, what the hell?
    Usually people get disqualified in giveaways similiar to this for posting more than 1 reply/comment/whatever.
    "people get disqualified in giveaways similiar to this for posting more than 1 reply/comment/whatever."

    Evidence please.

    All giveaways I had seen people can comment more than once.

    This will be my last reply to you and the main evidence you'll see.

    WOTD specifies it, world destribution doesn't.

    Name:  Captura de pantalla 2018-08-13 a la(s) 12.54.51 PM.png
Views: 146
Size:  181.0 KB
    I'm dumb.

    My Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/lukassoccer.gt/


    Likes:
    ºStar Wars
    ºVideo FX
    ºBooks
    If you have some of this likes and wanna be my friend PM me or msg me in game!

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer HeroPlaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    FARMINGGGG
    Posts
    840

    Default

    sure, its bad etiquette and all, but one of the only things I can see this leading up to is a tweak in the rules for future giveaways. He took advantage of the rules, and got a world. Just move on, whether his world is taken away or not.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeroPlaya View Post
    sure, its bad etiquette and all, but the only thing I can see this leading up to is a tweak in the rules for future giveaways. He took advantage of the rules, and got a world. Just move on
    I didn't took advantage, I tought everyone was doing it. That's how giveaways work.
    I'm dumb.

    My Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/lukassoccer.gt/


    Likes:
    ºStar Wars
    ºVideo FX
    ºBooks
    If you have some of this likes and wanna be my friend PM me or msg me in game!

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland  Nationality:   Polish
    Posts
    12,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Friedrich Nietzsche View Post
    I didn't took advantage, I tought everyone was doing it. That's how giveaways work.
    Name one RNG giveaway that works this way.


    guys I'm finally a dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    You're a dragon of the circus lmao

    #FireAncient founder

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer Ohlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    in Gummibear64
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam C View Post
    Fair would imply that the rules would indicate what he did was unfair, which they did not. It's bad sportsmanship and nothing more.
    Yep. Reprimand is the responsibility of the conscience in this case.

    Of course, I do see a problem with playing ignorant and pretending not to discern a carefully selected winner (VOTW) to an randomly selected winner (the world redistribution). It would be much easier on everyone that is so invested if he just admitted to being the slightest bit guileful.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

    I am a proud Hakmarian — the pope in fact!

    Contact Info:

  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer FyreX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    4,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeroPlaya View Post
    sure, its bad etiquette and all, but one of the only things I can see this leading up to is a tweak in the rules for future giveaways. He took advantage of the rules, and got a world. Just move on, whether his world is taken away or not.
    It simply is unfair for those who joined with one post. (pretty much) everyone thought you could join with only ONE post; so they joined in with only one post. It's pretty much become an unwritten rule from youtube giveaways and forum nominations etc. to only post ONCE. If everyone posted eight times then no one would be complaining; all fair but this gives him an unfair advantage over others and he possibly, and most likely, stole someone's chance of winning. I'm also calling out those who posted twice, three times, four times... you get the point.
    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |



    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidSpam View Post
    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer myLocation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Where's myLocation?
    Posts
    11,947

    Default

    Name:  AD82C48A-AF98-4E4F-AA20-4EA7DDAED642.gif
Views: 87
Size:  216.4 KB
    Popcorn anyone?
    ”Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.”



    Instagram:mylocationgt
    Youtube:mylocationgt
    Discord:mylocation#8770


  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer TradeOnlyJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houzteR View Post
    LukasSoccer had 8 posts. A few (about 8-10?) people had 2 posts (but these posts were post-redistribution, e.g. pijus', he posted how he won a world).
    EVERYONE else played it fair and posted only 1 reply. He deserves absolutely no respect for what he did - he did it purely for world locks (world cant be sold, but vends can be placed in, hm?) and he has absolutely no sportsmanship.
    You can't really define what fair is in this case. If one should be blamed in this incident, it's definitely not this guy but the one who is handling the giveaway.

    And yes, not allowing to post more than once was not disclosed by them, but saying it should be obvious makes no sense at all. Rules were meant to guide players; thus, doing anything not against the rules is legal whether it is ethically acceptable or not acceptable by one's mind or philosophy.

  20. #20
    Lesser Wizard Ritalin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    England Is My City
    Posts
    159

    Angry

    I wouldn’t mind if you just owned the fact you took advantage of the lacking rules but claiming you didn’t know you could only enter once is stupid. Why would Ubisoft want people to spam the thread with entries, it doesn’t make sense.Not to mention it would be painfully obvious if people could enter as much as they want due to the amount of pages. What I think has happened is you think that Ubisoft is more likely to give you the world if you play ignorant and get sympathy from others. Poor excuse 0/10

    Loli is illegal and traps are gay

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •