Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Does Ubisoft really not know how to handle anything? (Opinion on gem situation)

  1. #1
    Knight
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    74

    Default Does Ubisoft really not know how to handle anything? (Opinion on gem situation)

    People were randomly given a lot of gems, anywhere from 20k-50k, and what does Ubisoft do?

    Take them away.

    Okay,

    1. It's your fault you screwed up and gave a handful of people gems for no reason.
    2. Taking them away without warning us to not buy anything was a complete jerk move.
    3. Putting people in the negatives due to something that is YOUR OWN FAULT is WRONG.

    Ubisoft messed up. They have nobody to blame except themselves, and yet they have taken away the gems - EVEN IF THEY WERE SPENT BY THE PLAYER - and put me, and others, into the negative gems. Are you serious?

    Who else thinks this was handled improperly? I don't agree with the way Ubisoft handles these types of things. If the old devs accidentally gave out stuff they didn't take it away because it was their fault in the first place. Ubisoft has shown that they don't care if a glitch is their fault. If they want us to suffer the consequences, by god we will, because they can't just let us have 20k gems, that's just WAY too much, isn't it?

    In all seriousness, if they accidentally gave half of the players 200k gems, I could see a reason for taking it away. But 20k? 50k? Really? Ubisoft is greedy as hell.

    What do you guys think about this situation?

    PS: If you look at the announcement about the gem situation, it seems very insincere and half assed too.

  2. #2
    Squire
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Somewhere in the Milkyway
    Posts
    21

    Cool

    Sound like I missed alot.

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Ohlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    in Gummibear64
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    k bud

    I feel like this is representative of the real world: perhaps we should not spend money that is not ours, or we fall into debt, hm? Anyone with any degree of common sense would have realized that those gems suddenly appeared (unless, of course, you are someone with millions of gems and do not keep track of earnings; in which case, nothing could set you into negatives) and were clearly the fault of a glitch.

    Ubisoft owes players nothing. They might have messed up slightly, but the net gain is zero on both sides. Ultimately, it was YOUR choice if you thought those gems were yours and then felt the need to immediately, impulsively spend the small fortune. Ubisoft cannot be considered greedy for not giving allowing some players to have free gems, and then subtracting that exact quantity of gems from beneficiaries the unfair bonuses. If they allowed players to keep "just fifty thousand gems," people would be whining about how unfair that was and saying Ubisoft favors "the rich."
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

    I am a proud Hakmarian — the pope in fact!

    Contact Info:

  4. #4
    Knight
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    k bud

    I feel like this is representative of the real world: perhaps we should not spend money that is not ours, or we fall into debt, hm? Anyone with any degree of common sense would have realized that those gems suddenly appeared (unless, of course, you are someone with millions of gems and do not keep track of earnings; in which case, nothing could set you into negatives) and were clearly the fault of a glitch.

    Ubisoft owes players nothing. They might have messed up slightly, but the net gain is zero on both sides. Ultimately, it was YOUR choice if you thought those gems were yours and then felt the need to immediately, impulsively spend the small fortune. Ubisoft cannot be considered greedy for not giving allowing some players to have free gems, and then subtracting that exact quantity of gems from beneficiaries the unfair bonuses. If they allowed players to keep "just fifty thousand gems," people would be whining about how unfair that was and saying Ubisoft favors "the rich."


    Look at the other user's response to your reply, it explains a lot.

    Also, this is a game, not real life, "bud". Unless people accidentally give people $20,000 and then take it back randomly, you have no argument. Even in that situation, a person would be like "f*** you, you gave me that money and it's your own fault, you aren't putting me in debt due to a mistake you made, you gave me money and I used it, I don't owe you sh** when you gave me that money for free". Anyone with common sense would know that when you're given free stuff you take it, whether it be a glitch or not. Anyone with common sense would log on and immediately think "oh the update has been delayed so they're just giving us a compensation for holding back the update", as I and literally ALL of my friends thought, before learning the real reason.

    Also, I'm not rich. I've never bought a damn subscription. I don't have a single damn world lock, and I received 20k gems randomly. The hell did you expect me to do? Keep them and stare at them for my own amusement?

    Fix your attitude and don't be a smart mouth. It's not gonna get you anywhere - especially not with me.

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Phantic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raqk View Post
    Not everyone immediately spent the gems though. Many players reported receiving gems for no reason, some even included that their subscriptions were free ones. I myself waited until we received a response saying that they were given out to those who subscribed. They did not mention it was only for those with paid subscriptions. They said everything was A-OK and that the gems were ours. I made my post explaining that I received gems hours before spending them. I explained myself that my subscription was a free one. No one from Ubisoft said that was a problem. They were active in that thread. I assumed that was OK then to spend the gems.

    Also, think about it like this:
    If someone says they are giving you a gift, and they give you 200 dollars, that money is yours. You spend the money. If they later said "oops, I meant to only give you 0", it's not like they can just take the money back. It was their fault. They didn't have to give any compensation to any players, but they did. It was a gift. It was not a payment. Taking our gems away is actually a scam.
    Hm... Once this happened to me, I made sure the same thing happened to my friends and then immediately posted on the forums. I did spend the gems, seeing as I wanted a few wls. Gotta say, having negative gems is quite annoying, but I'll deal with it for now.
    ”u say u don't care, but in ur heart, u really do."

    ign: phantic
    discord: darkphantic#7895
    public insta: @somedrunkasian plez follow

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer GrowH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Gone. Elsewhere.
    Posts
    9,459

    Default

    You did not gain or lose any gems. I don't see a problem there.
    Yo
    I'm HGrowH (<<<IGN), now a full time builder.

    UberDuck's B.O.O. Song!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWZkvBJwrk]
    My Youtube channel link for people looking for it
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP4...HzZ73Qv1vot_yQ

    These lines are here so people won't click on the link when trying to quote

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    201

    Default

    20k-50k gems given to a LOT of players adds up to be a ton of gems.

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    I spent like 2 minutes thinking of something funny to write here. I can't think of anything.
    Posts
    1,584

    Default

    Sorry, how is it greedy to remove gems? You do realise those removed gems don't go to liek Nekorei's account or some **** right? They dissapear.

    Lay off the salt and just admit that you wanted free gems.
    IGN: PoseidionYT

    The worst kind of people are those who put Moderators saying their names in their signature. How pretentious.

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    true xdxddxd
    This Growtopia film is still god damn relevant

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Ohlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    in Gummibear64
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raqk View Post
    Not everyone immediately spent the gems though. Many players reported receiving gems for no reason, some even included that their subscriptions were free ones. I myself waited until we received a response saying that they were given out to those who subscribed. They did not mention it was only for those with paid subscriptions. They said everything was A-OK and that the gems were ours. I made my post explaining that I received gems hours before spending them. I explained myself that my subscription was a free one. No one from Ubisoft said that was a problem. They were active in that thread. I assumed that was OK then to spend the gems.

    Also, think about it like this:
    If someone says they are giving you a gift, and they give you 200 dollars, that money is yours. You spend the money. If they later said "oops, I meant to only give you 0", it's not like they can just take the money back. It was their fault. They didn't have to give any compensation to any players, but they did. It was a gift. It was not a payment. Taking our gems away is actually a scam.
    The gift analogy is a poor one, as that has no equivalency. This is more like telling three people they have a hundred dollars to spend of your money, but them mistaking it as a hundred dollars per person. In which case, the error is miscommunication.

    Even if we ignore the gem issue, there is, as I have said, no net gain. People who spent their gems obtained items of equal value. This whole, "I am quitting because I'll never make those gems back!" is complete bs because you know they will continue playing and earn those gems back. Plus, if anything, people should be happy. They were able to obtain whatever item(s) they wanted from the shop in advance, giving them more income to invest immediately, with no real-world drawbacks like loan interest.

    Quote Originally Posted by 72nd View Post
    Look at the other user's response to your reply, it explains a lot.

    Also, this is a game, not real life, "bud". Unless people accidentally give people $20,000 and then take it back randomly, you have no argument. Even in that situation, a person would be like "f*** you, you gave me that money and it's your own fault, you aren't putting me in debt due to a mistake you made, you gave me money and I used it, I don't owe you sh** when you gave me that money for free". Anyone with common sense would know that when you're given free stuff you take it, whether it be a glitch or not. Anyone with common sense would log on and immediately think "oh the update has been delayed so they're just giving us a compensation for holding back the update", as I and literally ALL of my friends thought, before learning the real reason.

    Also, I'm not rich. I've never bought a damn subscription. I don't have a single damn world lock, and I received 20k gems randomly. The hell did you expect me to do? Keep them and stare at them for my own amusement?

    Fix your attitude and don't be a smart mouth. It's not gonna get you anywhere - especially not with me.
    My attitude? Let us not argue over perceived slights here. Any mention of "you" is not an attack, but rather a generalization of a collective; if you are to extend its meaning anything beyond, that is on you, the individual.

    The gift analogy, as I have said, is not an accurate one, but I will not rehash that whole blurb. What I do not understand are the complaints; you were able to obtain items early, giving you more time to invest whatever quantity of gems you spent earlier for more profit, without penalty. If you really are as dirt poor as you claim, I would be glad to help you compensate for the negative amount of gems you have, but if you have any intention of profiting, this is a huge advantage for you. A minimum of twenty world locks is huge and can easily buy enough farmables to make you twenty thousand gems in two days.

    Once again, to conclude, I will mention that Ubisoft not the players walked out with anything more than they started with. But the players do benefit in this situation.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

    I am a proud Hakmarian — the pope in fact!

    Contact Info:

  11. #11
    Knight
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrowH View Post
    You did not gain or lose any gems. I don't see a problem there.
    The fact that we're in negatives is annoying.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Accelr View Post
    20k-50k gems given to a LOT of players adds up to be a ton of gems.
    If it were 200k per person, removing them would make a lot more sense.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwing View Post
    Sorry, how is it greedy to remove gems? You do realise those removed gems don't go to liek Nekorei's account or some **** right? They dissapear.

    Lay off the salt and just admit that you wanted free gems.
    Removing gems when it's your fault for giving the player gems in the first place is a d**k move and is greedy in the fact that Ubisoft has to take away the 20k they wrongly gave people. Accidentally gave you 20k gems? Nooo! You can't have those! Go buy some from the store if you want some! Or spend your time farming!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    The gift analogy is a poor one, as that has no equivalency. This is more like telling three people they have a hundred dollars to spend of your money, but them mistaking it as a hundred dollars per person. In which case, the error is miscommunication.

    Even if we ignore the gem issue, there is, as I have said, no net gain. People who spent their gems obtained items of equal value. This whole, "I am quitting because I'll never make those gems back!" is complete bs because you know they will continue playing and earn those gems back. Plus, if anything, people should be happy. They were able to obtain whatever item(s) they wanted from the shop in advance, giving them more income to invest immediately, with no real-world drawbacks like loan interest.



    My attitude? Let us not argue over perceived slights here. Any mention of "you" is not an attack, but rather a generalization of a collective; if you are to extend its meaning anything beyond, that is on you, the individual.

    The gift analogy, as I have said, is not an accurate one, but I will not rehash that whole blurb. What I do not understand are the complaints; you were able to obtain items early, giving you more time to invest whatever quantity of gems you spent earlier for more profit, without penalty. If you really are as dirt poor as you claim, I would be glad to help you compensate for the negative amount of gems you have, but if you have any intention of profiting, this is a huge advantage for you. A minimum of twenty world locks is huge and can easily buy enough farmables to make you twenty thousand gems in two days.

    Once again, to conclude, I will mention that Ubisoft not the players walked out with anything more than they started with. But the players do benefit in this situation.

    If you can't see your own smartass attitude it's your own fault and I'm not putting up with you. Nobody said they were quitting over negative gems. We're saying it's god damn ANNOYING. Know why? BECAUSE IT IS.

    The point is that Ubisoft is so greedy that they won't allow people to have free 20-50k gems on this one occasion, but will gladly make people pay $2-$6 for the gems in the store to get that same amount.

    They can't be generous just this once. Why!? It's their fault we got the gems in the first place and now they're taking them from us. That's STUPID.

    "Here's 30k gems. Wait, didn't mean to give that to you. Oh you spent it? Oh well, now you're in the negatives, screw you".

    They really couldn't be generous for once? They really found it necessary to take the gems away? Why?

    Because of GREED, and a blatant lack of care for the players. The most anyone could get from 50k gems is around 30 world locks. 30. Only 30. To be considered rich you have to have like 2,000.

    That's 3/200ths of the amount needed to be considered a real "pro".

    Is it really necessary to remove the gems to make the player profit only 5 world locks? No. No it is not.
    "I'm kind to everyone, but if you are unkind to me, then kindness is not what you'll remember me for" - Al Capone.

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Chem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Unstable
    Posts
    4,697

    Default

    Mate, would you rather:

    Accept that you lost these gems and move on
    OR
    Cause a rollback?
    ------
    They could've made another rollback and the whole community would be damaged, instead of that (to not ruin the economy), they just took away these gems, only a few people were damaged by this, instead of all the growtopians.
    And they aren't gonna let you keep these gems anytime soon because it'll ruin the economy and you know it.
    Plus, they apologized, what do you want more? i mean, if you don't accept the apology, just quit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by 72nd View Post
    Is it really necessary to remove the gems to make the player profit only 5 world locks? No. No it is not.
    It is necessary, because if they didn't do that, other growtopians (who didn't subscribe) will be like "Hey! you never said you give free gems to subscribers!" - "Not fair!"
    Also the gem price will go down, which is not very good.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Ohlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    in Gummibear64
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72nd View Post
    The fact that we're in negatives is annoying.
    So you are vexed by the visual representation of your gem count? Seems kind of petty.

    Quote Originally Posted by 72nd View Post
    Removing gems when it's your fault for giving the player gems in the first place is a d**k move and is greedy in the fact that Ubisoft has to take away the 20k they wrongly gave people. Accidentally gave you 20k gems? Nooo! You can't have those! Go buy some from the store if you want some! Or spend your time farming!
    You are literally just complaining about not receiving free stuff and actually having to perform one of the game's most basic functions to earn gems just like everyone else. I am not seeing the point, unless you want to call everyone greedy for not being excessively charitable.

    Quote Originally Posted by 72nd View Post
    If you can't see your own smartass attitude it's your own fault and I'm not putting up with you. Nobody said they were quitting over negative gems. We're saying it's god damn ANNOYING. Know why? BECAUSE IT IS.
    But you are putting up with me by responding.

    If you want to know how to lose an argument, try proving something with "because it is," and see where it goes.

    Quote Originally Posted by 72nd View Post
    The point is that Ubisoft is so greedy that they won't allow people to have free 20-50k gems on this one occasion, but will gladly make people pay $2-$6 for the gems in the store to get that same amount.

    They can't be generous just this once. Why!? It's their fault we got the gems in the first place and now they're taking them from us. That's STUPID.

    "Here's 30k gems. Wait, didn't mean to give that to you. Oh you spent it? Oh well, now you're in the negatives, screw you".

    They really couldn't be generous for once? They really found it necessary to take the gems away? Why?

    Because of GREED, and a blatant lack of care for the players. The most anyone could get from 50k gems is around 30 world locks. 30. Only 30. To be considered rich you have to have like 2,000.
    Are you the type of person to snatch up a wallet someone has dropped and get pissed because they will not let you take the money from it? Even if Ubisoft gave a nebulous answer as to who should have received the gems, that does not mean you should have been awarded something for free simply because you once had your hands on it.

    Again, you cannot accuse Ubisoft for being greedy because they refuse to let you keep a dropped wallet. Otherwise, the concept of private property is greedy, and then why would you care about the gems in the first place?

    Also, if you can only squeeze thirty world locks out of fifty thousand gems, you are doing something wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by 72nd View Post
    That's 3/200ths of the amount needed to be considered a real "pro".

    Is it really necessary to remove the gems to make the player profit only 5 world locks? No. No it is not.
    I do not think you understand how this financial system works. Wealth is not linear unless you hoard all your earnings and never spend them. Wealth should be an exponential model, provided you are making wise investments. Do you have any idea how much thirty world locks can be to a beginning player? Thirty world locks allows a new player to skip days or even weeks of farming low-rarity basic seeds and indulge in mid-tier farmables immediately to earn tens of world locks per day, if dedicated. Skipping weeks of grinding? That seems unfair. As someone that just achieved over a thousand diamond locks, those gems mean absolutely nothing — an inconsiderable pittance. If we were following your linear model, then those gems should mean a lot more to me, because that would then mean three or four days of farming, something I do not do in the first place.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Raqk View Post
    It is a poor analogy I admit. However miscommunication still warrants consequence. It is not as if they did not say as they did. If someone told three people they each have a hundred dollars, and gave those people the means to spend that money, that money is theirs to spend. They can ask for it back, but they can hardly expect anyone to be put in debt due to their own mistake.
    I can understand being frustrated over miscommunication, but ultimately, the players DID benefit. Assuming the people that received those gems bought something they truly desired, they received what they wanted in advance. Most people invest world locks to earn more, in which case, this expedited the rate at which they earn because they can profit off of their investment earlier. This imbroglio was nothing more than a loan with no interest. If players chose to squander their gems and are now unhappy with the result, that is their fault. To put it succinctly: the only people this actually hurt were those that had no intention of profiting to begin with, which, in my experience, probably accounts for a minute portion of the player base.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

    I am a proud Hakmarian — the pope in fact!

    Contact Info:

  14. #14
    Knight
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chem View Post
    Mate, would you rather:

    Accept that you lost these gems and move on
    OR
    Cause a rollback?
    ------
    They could've made another rollback and the whole community would be damaged, instead of that (to not ruin the economy), they just took away these gems, only a few people were damaged by this, instead of all the growtopians.
    And they aren't gonna let you keep these gems anytime soon because it'll ruin the economy and you know it.
    Plus, they apologized, what do you want more? i mean, if you don't accept the apology, just quit.

    - - - Updated - - -


    It is necessary, because if they didn't do that, other growtopians (who didn't subscribe) will be like "Hey! you never said you give free gems to subscribers!" - "Not fair!"
    Also the gem price will go down, which is not very good.
    Hey buddy, the subscribers got to keep the free gems. I didn't get a subscription. I got free gems though. Maybe educate yourself on the situation more, and you'll see what I mean.
    "I'm kind to everyone, but if you are unkind to me, then kindness is not what you'll remember me for" - Al Capone.

  15. #15
    Knight
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    So you are vexed by the visual representation of your gem count? Seems kind of petty.



    You are literally just complaining about not receiving free stuff and actually having to perform one of the game's most basic functions to earn gems just like everyone else. I am not seeing the point, unless you want to call everyone greedy for not being excessively charitable.



    But you are putting up with me by responding.

    If you want to know how to lose an argument, try proving something with "because it is," and see where it goes.



    Are you the type of person to snatch up a wallet someone has dropped and get pissed because they will not let you take the money from it? Even if Ubisoft gave a nebulous answer as to who should have received the gems, that does not mean you should have been awarded something for free simply because you once had your hands on it.

    Again, you cannot accuse Ubisoft for being greedy because they refuse to let you keep a dropped wallet. Otherwise, the concept of private property is greedy, and then why would you care about the gems in the first place?

    Also, if you can only squeeze thirty world locks out of fifty thousand gems, you are doing something wrong.



    I do not think you understand how this financial system works. Wealth is not linear unless you hoard all your earnings and never spend them. Wealth should be an exponential model, provided you are making wise investments. Do you have any idea how much thirty world locks can be to a beginning player? Thirty world locks allows a new player to skip days or even weeks of farming low-rarity basic seeds and indulge in mid-tier farmables immediately to earn tens of world locks per day, if dedicated. Skipping weeks of grinding? That seems unfair. As someone that just achieved over a thousand diamond locks, those gems mean absolutely nothing — an inconsiderable pittance. If we were following your linear model, then those gems should mean a lot more to me, because that would then mean three or four days of farming, something I do not do in the first place.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I can understand being frustrated over miscommunication, but ultimately, the players DID benefit. Assuming the people that received those gems bought something they truly desired, they received what they wanted in advance. Most people invest world locks to earn more, in which case, this expedited the rate at which they earn because they can profit off of their investment earlier. This imbroglio was nothing more than a loan with no interest. If players chose to squander their gems and are now unhappy with the result, that is their fault. To put it succinctly: the only people this actually hurt were those that had no intention of profiting to begin with, which, in my experience, probably accounts for a minute portion of the player base.
    1. It's also the quantity of gems we have now you moron. It's not just visual. I can't say "oh I VISUALLY don't have wls, so that means I have infinite wls and I'm rich, I just can't VISUALLY see them!"..

    2. You still don't get the situation. THIS. IS. UBISOFT'S. FAULT. They gave us gems, and took them away like *******s without warning us to not buy anything.

    3. You're aren't getting it, they GAVE US GEMS. This isn't a dropping a wallet situation, that's the STUPIDEST analogy.

    4. I'm putting up with you to show you how obvious it is that you can't understand the situation.

    5. How do you still not get the situation? You're comparing it to something that does not apply in the same way and trying to make sense of it.

    6. "Imbroglio". "Squander". "Succinctly". "Nebulous". "Vexed". Get out of here with your big vocabulary of words you wrote down after looking them up on google, you aren't impressing anyone. If you're on the forums just to try to make yourself look big and proper to become a mod - you're certainly fooling every low iq person on the site, but not me.

    7. Spending weeks farming straight to only get 3/200ths of what other idiots have shows a broken game. GT is becoming pay to win and it's impossible for noobs to get a good start without buying gems. The process is SLOW, which shouldn't be the case. The updates are geared towards veteran players - who are all quitting because GT is boring for them, while noobs are struggling to get any items. There's no middle class in this game. Also, the rich don't give two sh**s about the poor. There's something very wrong with GT. You can't deny that.

    Reply to me if you don't understand the situation. Bet you 20k gems you will. But I won't. Because I'm done with stupidity.
    "I'm kind to everyone, but if you are unkind to me, then kindness is not what you'll remember me for" - Al Capone.

  16. #16
    Knight
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raqk View Post
    Man oh man, I'm always glad to have people fighting on the same side as I am, but this is pathetic. Attacking people for disagreeing with you. These words aren't even that hard, and they were certainly obvious with the context. I don't even read much outside the internet myself. But read a book or something. Lurk more.

    Sure he isn't impressing me, but he's making valid points.

    I shouldn't really be one to talk, but this is why we can't have nice things. Drama wasn't always namecalling. A lot of it was genuine accusations and debate.
    Nobody regularly uses those words unless they want to sound like someone who has a broom shoved up their *******. Simple.

    I'm no stranger to big words - I study pharmacy dude. I study physics in my spare time. I've read every book by Stephen Hawking. I'm not an idiot. I'm calling him out for simply trying to be impressive when he sounds like a child who googles words to seem smarter in debates.

    I'm not attacking him for disagreeing, I'm telling him off for spewing ignorance about a situation he obviously doesn't understand.
    "I'm kind to everyone, but if you are unkind to me, then kindness is not what you'll remember me for" - Al Capone.

  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer Ohlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    in Gummibear64
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72nd View Post
    1. It's also the quantity of gems we have now you moron. It's not just visual. I can't say "oh I VISUALLY don't have wls, so that means I have infinite wls and I'm rich, I just can't VISUALLY see them!"..
    Yeah...but see, you spent those gems for something equivalent. Your losses are purely visual.

    Quote Originally Posted by 72nd View Post
    2. You still don't get the situation. THIS. IS. UBISOFT'S. FAULT. They gave us gems, and took them away like *******s without warning us to not buy anything.

    3. You're aren't getting it, they GAVE US GEMS. This isn't a dropping a wallet situation, that's the STUPIDEST analogy.

    4. I'm putting up with you to show you how obvious it is that you can't understand the situation.

    5. How do you still not get the situation? You're comparing it to something that does not apply in the same way and trying to make sense of it.
    Nah, pal. I think I understand the situation, but saying that a fifth time would not hurt.

    If you want to comment on how inaccurate my analogy is, you should probably reflect on your own diction. You called the "free" gems a gift. Were they? Did Ubisoft announce that they were a gift? Maybe in the same way they mentioned they were an accident — not at all. The only difference between my analogy and whatever you choose to compare the situation to is that you think you are entitled to something never given a label. I do not think you were wrong to spend those gems, but if you choose to complain about how disadvantaged your are (when you are clearly advantaged, mind you, as aforementioned), then you are faulted. If you see a cookie lying on the table, you could eat it since no one claimed it, but you are accepting all consequences, assuming the existence of some, by doing so.

    Quote Originally Posted by 72nd View Post
    6. "Imbroglio". "Squander". "Succinctly". "Nebulous". "Vexed". Get out of here with your big vocabulary of words you wrote down after looking them up on google, you aren't impressing anyone. If you're on the forums just to try to make yourself look big and proper to become a mod - you're certainly fooling every low iq person on the site, but not me.
    yo sorry bro thot i was hard for doing all that extra ill be more stratefoward next time

    check my mixtape bro

    Quote Originally Posted by 72nd View Post
    7. Spending weeks farming straight to only get 3/200ths of what other idiots have shows a broken game. GT is becoming pay to win and it's impossible for noobs to get a good start without buying gems. The process is SLOW, which shouldn't be the case. The updates are geared towards veteran players - who are all quitting because GT is boring for them, while noobs are struggling to get any items. There's no middle class in this game. Also, the rich don't give two sh**s about the poor. There's something very wrong with GT. You can't deny that.
    Yeah, that addressed absolutely nothing I broached. Not going to waste time explaining to a Mensa scholar what economics look like; reread if you want.

    Quote Originally Posted by 72nd View Post
    Reply to me if you don't understand the situation. Bet you 20k gems you will. But I won't. Because I'm done with stupidity.
    Vapid bait: it's a two-way street.

    Quote Originally Posted by 72nd View Post
    Nobody regularly uses those words unless they want to sound like someone who has a broom shoved up their *******. Simple.

    I'm no stranger to big words - I study pharmacy dude. I study physics in my spare time. I've read every book by Stephen Hawking. I'm not an idiot. I'm calling him out for simply trying to be impressive when he sounds like a child who googles words to seem smarter in debates.

    I'm not attacking him for disagreeing, I'm telling him off for spewing ignorance about a situation he obviously doesn't understand.
    Nobody regularly packs an expletive into every post unless they want to sound super acrimonious all the time.

    Add rhetoric to your course of study as well.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

    I am a proud Hakmarian — the pope in fact!

    Contact Info:

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer Eutimio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Alright alright. Stop the saltiness. If you want free gems. Message me.

    If I gave you the gems, promise me not to complain again here, you are causing people problems.

    IGN: Eutimio

    Discord: Eutimio#0415

    Instagram: @Eutimio_GT


    My BFG Laser Grid 1st Harvest Official Data
    Click "here" for more info

  19. #19
    Lesser Wizard Yahweh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    VPN
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eutimio View Post
    Alright alright. Stop the saltiness. If you want free gems. Message me.

    If I gave you the gems, promise me not to complain again here, you are causing people problems.

    How do you plan on doing that

    Also, people, stop comparing Ubisoft to old devs. Many hated on the old devs for rollback and shiet, and now you put them on a pedestal because you want a reason to hate the new devs?
    oi-

  20. #20
    Administrator NekoRei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    Hey guys, again, we apologise for the mistake, the gem compensations were for the paid subscription but somehow some accounts who availed the free subscription got mixed in the list, our mistake was we did not notice that. We had to take the gems back because there were a lot of accounts that were wrongly compensated. If there were just a few then we'd let that slip. Plus, it would be unfair to those who actually paid for the subscription and who were supposed to get the gem compensation.

    Anyway, I think we've all said our pieces and I will be closing this thread now as it is becoming too personal and toxic (for lack of a better word).

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •