Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding BUYMOONCAKE & Royal Lock in general

I personally keep a royal lock in my main world so I am able to sb to buy/sell stuff without worrying about people stealing my customers.

As for buy+ worlds using them it’s really annoying but I can’t say they’re actually doing. Anything illegal, just using an item to benefit their own. If you ask me there’s more toxicity over price manipulation of magplants with thousands of people giving death threats if the price doesn’t continue to rise that there are with royal locks. If a world is royal locked, there are many other ways to get those items. You could check for other worlds regarding the item, do what I do (broadcast), or just hunt around random worlds.

If you remember prior to 2016 when BUY+ worlds took off items were an actual hunt to find, compared to that time everything is so much easier to find. I have had no struggle finding mooncakes. A single sb got me 150 balance, and each broadcast gets me multiple balance mooncakes. A single world or a couple worlds don’t make something impossible to do.

Also another thing to think about: spending 1000-2000dls on these worlds (more than only a few have) it makes sense for them to take advantage of their INVESTMENT to try and make back as much as possible, otherwise they wouldn’t have dumped that much into it.
    IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

https://www.upload.ee/image/9292002/heallvishere.png

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

We understand there are some issues with Buy worlds, which is made worse by Royal Locks. It is something we’re analyzing but we don’t have any solutions for that yet.

However, it’d be cool to discuss about the possible solutions for this that is feasible and is not too extreme. We’d like to know your opinion and suggestions so we can see if we can consider them eventually.

We understand there are some issues with Buy worlds, which is made worse by Royal Locks. It is something we’re analyzing but we don’t have any solutions for that yet.

However, it’d be cool to discuss about the possible solutions for this that is feasible and is not too extreme. We’d like to know your opinion and suggestions so we can see if we can consider them eventually.
    Make it so royal locks effects only work when the owner is in the world. The only issue I see with this is the owner/admins leaving an account with access afk in there 24/7 abusing the system.

Royal locks are useless when the owner isn’t in the world, so there’s no point for them to be on when they aren’t there.
    IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

https://www.upload.ee/image/9292002/heallvishere.png

Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

Quote Originally Posted by FOWL View Post
    Tbh I’m not even against the royal lock. How does people going against your opinion make something invaluable? If the owner wants to make the for profit purposes than let him do it. You guys aren’t being affected at all lol. The buyers from vends bought for a reason which was to put whatever they bought in use correct? So who is actually losing in this case?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Is there something wrong about about being antisocial?
    I suggest you re-read my thread a second time.
    You're absurdly saying that people aren't affected at all - So them being treat like crap, making them unable to properly trade, banned from worlds if required, and buyers being also banned for stealing trades? How is this fine in any way? Growtopia is an MMO, not some kind of idle, automatic incremental game where your builders are literally actual people being disrespected in every single way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle905 View Post
    I personally keep a royal lock in my main world so I am able to sb to buy/sell stuff without worrying about people stealing my customers.

As for buy+ worlds using them it’s really annoying but I can’t say they’re actually doing. Anything illegal, just using an item to benefit their own. If you ask me there’s more toxicity over price manipulation of magplants with thousands of people giving death threats if the price doesn’t continue to rise that there are with royal locks. If a world is royal locked, there are many other ways to get those items. You could check for other worlds regarding the item, do what I do (broadcast), or just hunt around random worlds.

If you remember prior to 2016 when BUY+ worlds took off items were an actual hunt to find, compared to that time everything is so much easier to find. I have had no struggle finding mooncakes. A single sb got me 150 balance, and each broadcast gets me multiple balance mooncakes. A single world or a couple worlds don’t make something impossible to do.

Also another thing to think about: spending 1000-2000dls on these worlds (more than only a few have) it makes sense for them to take advantage of their INVESTMENT to try and make back as much as possible, otherwise they wouldn’t have dumped that much into it.
    Who cares about the price of the worlds. They used it to abuse people which is what this thread is about. I don't care whatever they're using the world for. They do it with full consent in mind that they exploit them for their own profit even on official events, which is surely not a good example for lets say noobs who just got their first balance they want to sell.

Cosmic cape challenge was the same issue and they had the courage to straight off disable it.

Extreme solutions doesn't mean they end up losing anyway as they will use other ways to profit. Profits may be lowered, it won't stop the traffic completely and so are the traders.
    For those kind of solutions, either remove the silenced feature. That way even if the people end up banned, they still stand a chance to at least interact with others.
    Another solution would be simply disallowing those kind of exploitations where some admins is employing every way to make people unable to trade. Blocked off white door, silenced world, dark cave, and bans. This could be added to the code if it isnt already. The cons would be, are there even moderators who would spend some of their time doing so.

For softer solutions, allow growmojis only and add some that represent buying/selling. Unfortunately this comes with cons - you can't show what you're selling.
    Yet another softer solution would be, a trade broadcast. They go through silenced worlds and shows in the chat something like (X would like to sell Y for Z per world lock/world lock each.)
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

Lmao that’s so idiotic
    Why don't you look at yourself then?
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and weeb
    Latest Youtube Video:

Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    Thank you for pointing it out. I am sure Nintendo regularly checks the Growtopia forums for such suggestions!

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle905 View Post
    Make it so royal locks effects only work when the owner is in the world. The only issue I see with this is the owner/admins leaving an account with access afk in there 24/7 abusing the system.

Royal locks are useless when the owner isn’t in the world, so there’s no point for them to be on when they aren’t there.
    How about when offline. When youre online you can ban spammers
    Once X Stay X Ahgase 💖
    Tzuyu
    Nayeon
    Chaeyong
    Jeongyeon
    Sana
    Mina
    Momo
    Jihyo
    Dahyun

Jackson
    Bambam
    Mark Tuan
    Jinyoung
    Jaebum
    Yugyeom
    Young Jae

Woojin
    Bangchan
    Changbin
    Jeongin
    Seungmin
    Lee Know
    Hyunjin
    Felix
    Jisung

Lesser Knight

i suggest new item called "sound of silence". So who ever using this item can speak in royal locked world.

Master Sorcerer

Issue: People find it convenient to go to BUY__ worlds to trade. Unfortunately, a lot of BUY___ world owners (especially those who own trending BUY___ worlds) abuse the power of Royal Lock by silencing everyone and allowing only 1x1 access to the world, rendering trading impossible.

My proposed solution(s):
    • Take over BUY__ worlds which have owners who abuse the worlds too excessively. The world will no longer be his/hers. This is, however, extreme and requires moderation on every trending BUY___ worlds, which may be a bit too manual/tiring.

• Add a special algorithm to BUY__ worlds. Worlds that start with the letters 'BUY' must have a 15x15 (or a reasonable dimension) of free space around White Door that disallows harmful blocks, movement-obstruction/manipulation blocks (e.g. Dirt, Gravity Well, Slime, Death Spikes, Anemone etc.) and vision obstructing blocks/backgrounds to be placed. It's up to the devs to determine the shape of the 15x15 free space shape. I really like this idea as I haven't found a flaw yet as only being silenced still allows trading activities.

• As someone mentioned above, there's an option to only allowing the silence feature to be active when the world owner is present physically in said world. However, there's another way people can abuse this: the owner AFKing in said world while the admins continue to abuse the power. Not that reliable.

• Disallow the use of completely silencing people. Instead, let them talk once in a relatively long period of time. However, this does not mean that the admins can't block access to the worlds. This also has the disadvantage that it renders honest people who use the Royal Lock to prevent the stealing of customers in vend worlds/when they're SBing once to purchase/sell something.

• The developers decide to create a new world that they own for every single event which will be the main trading center of event items that is prominent and repeated every time you login and easily accessible through a new custom icon below the gems icon. This, however, does not stop other BUY___ worlds which have event unrelated items and those owners may abuse said feature.

• Add a new trading center machine that is owned by Ubisoft allowing a person to place a maximum of one list of item wanting to be purchased/sold. Sort of a global Vending Machine that only allows a person to sell one item. This is only accessible to a players above a certain threshold of player level to prevent the abuse of people using multiple low-levelled accounts. This means that Ubisoft is directly controlling quite a significant portion of Growtopia's economy, which doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. This update would mean a huge overhaul in the current system, thus if it were to be implemented, Ubisoft would have to consider the effects very carefully.

• As suggested by other people, add more Growmojis and allow the use of Growmojis in silenced world. This, however, means that Ubisoft will have to add many Growmojis for all the treanding items. Combined with solution #2, I think this is a very powerful tool that can suit the needs of traders and also owners of Royal-Locked worlds by allowing minimum communication while disallowing people from stealing customers by spam-claiming another world is selling for ___ (whatever reason).

• Remove Silence Peasants. Very extreme solution.
    Last edited by Another Growtopian; 09-24-2018 at 02:41 PM.
    Interesting threads I've made:

STARSITE: Startopia Upgrades, Blasts and Role Items

BUYSURGROLE: Surgery Role Items
    BFGSITE: Free Daily BFG

Quote Originally Posted by Aneeqz51 View Post
    If u are working your ass off for something,Just to let a rich guy with a antisocial nature come and spoil your goal. Its a thing we all be mad about.. Being antisocial in a game which is all about socializing is way wrong then being antisocial in normal.

If a guy ruins a spirit of game by abusing a thing and then saying let them do it. Ruins the game completely.
    What are you working for that he is ruining it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Δευτέρα View Post
    Why don't you look at yourself then?
    I am lol?:crazy

- - - Updated - - -

Just add a Simple B or S emoji that can be useable. B for “Buy” and S for “Sell”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    I suggest you re-read my thread a second time.
    You're absurdly saying that people aren't affected at all - So them being treat like crap, making them unable to properly trade, banned from worlds if required, and buyers being also banned for stealing trades? How is this fine in any way? Growtopia is an MMO, not some kind of idle, automatic incremental game where your builders are literally actual people being disrespected in every single way possible.

Who cares about the price of the worlds. They used it to abuse people which is what this thread is about. I don't care whatever they're using the world for. They do it with full consent in mind that they exploit them for their own profit even on official events, which is surely not a good example for lets say noobs who just got their first balance they want to sell.

Cosmic cape challenge was the same issue and they had the courage to straight off disable it.

Extreme solutions doesn't mean they end up losing anyway as they will use other ways to profit. Profits may be lowered, it won't stop the traffic completely and so are the traders.
    For those kind of solutions, either remove the silenced feature. That way even if the people end up banned, they still stand a chance to at least interact with others.
    Another solution would be simply disallowing those kind of exploitations where some admins is employing every way to make people unable to trade. Blocked off white door, silenced world, dark cave, and bans. This could be added to the code if it isnt already. The cons would be, are there even moderators who would spend some of their time doing so.

For softer solutions, allow growmojis only and add some that represent buying/selling. Unfortunately this comes with cons - you can't show what you're selling.
    Yet another softer solution would be, a trade broadcast. They go through silenced worlds and shows in the chat something like (X would like to sell Y for Z per world lock/world lock each.)
    Well the banning is morally wrong.
    IGN: FOWL

What are you working for that he is ruining it?

- - - Updated - - -

I am lol?:crazy

- - - Updated - - -

Just add a Simple B or S emoji that can be useable. B for “Buy” and S for “Sell”

- - - Updated - - -

Well the banning is morally wrong.
    U need a sense of understanding and I mentioned YOU
    IGN : Aneeqz51
    Level : 67

Time is the biggest investment you will ever make

Quote Originally Posted by Aneeqz51 View Post
    U need a sense of understanding and I mentioned YOU
    If I have a goal I wouldnt let a world interefere with that. You see anyone with a right mind understands we have a broadcasting system or other ways to achieve it. If you guys only keep tackling a buy world what are you actually fighting for?
    IGN: FOWL

If I have a goal I wouldnt let a world interefere with that. You see anyone with a right mind understands we have a broadcasting system or other ways to achieve it. If you guys only keep tackling a buy world what are you actually fighting for?
    Well u can't tell that to a new player who know buy+world is main place to trade
    Right mind is not many new players now or before
    IGN : Aneeqz51
    Level : 67

Time is the biggest investment you will ever make

Master Sorcerer

A suggestion; make Royal locks be enabled only 3-4 days a month. This will be good for both of us. It might be abused if you add my suggestion, so make Royal lock to not be removed from a world once it's added.

Yes, please remove royal locks special feature, and replace it. It's so annoying and I'd rather we would get something else instead, maybe a slow chat feature (?) which only allows speaking every 15-20 seconds.
    this is my signature
    i can choose whatever i want to do here
    and you cant stop me

i choose to do nothing

Quote Originally Posted by ColdB View Post
    anyone else noticed BUYSONGPYEON is also owned by him now?
    DjRazze has owned BuySongpyeon, BuyMooncake, and BuyBalance for about 2 years now.
    Previous MzPwnz
    I now go by Oshi/Oshí
    IGN:MzPwnz
    Discord: Ask it from me.

YRO is also doing the same thing at buyfuel. This is getting annoying.
    https://i.postimg.cc/d1Sr9K3f/ladies_choice_banner.png
    IGN: 1SLA
    Still I am hated, Still I am hunted

Lesser Wizard

I think you can consider a mechanism to reward social-friendly worlds and have a way to bring this up when people log in so that people hunting for certain BUY worlds can look for these. Its already in the rating system which you can consider leveraging on.

Fireball116
    Owner of:
    BLACKSMITH: public anvil/forge/altar and all smithing recipes
    WIKIEVENTZ: guide/recipe to all GT events
    BUYPOTIONS/BUYLOBSTERQUEST
    Guild leader BLACKSMITH, ranked top 20 in Spring Clash

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MzPwnz View Post
    DjRazze has owned BuySongpyeon, BuyMooncake, and BuyBalance for about 2 years now.
    there are so many alternatives though: buymooncakes, sellmooncake, sellmooncake, mooncake, buymcake, buymcakes.

I don't see anything wrong with what he does except it being irritating, but growtopians need to change their mentality sometimes, why must all trades happen only in buymooncake?

Perhaps, add it as a hint somewhere in growtorials to suggest that players should go to the various world variations to look for the best deal and best world to trade?
    IGN: roborov
    Owns STORE7:
    Humble vend shop SSP seeds, RSP blocks and more!

Buys almost all massed items for store7 and buyValentine. Drop a mail in store7 if you have anything priced to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by roborovski View Post
    there are so many alternatives though: buymooncakes, sellmooncake, sellmooncake, mooncake, buymcake, buymcakes.

I don't see anything wrong with what he does except it being irritating, but growtopians need to change their mentality sometimes, why must all trades happen only in buymooncake?

Perhaps, add it as a hint somewhere in growtorials to suggest that players should go to the various world variations to look for the best deal and best world to trade?
    Once again, it's not about the fact other worlds exist that it's fine. Soon or later more worlds will follow the trend which is already happening.

It affects the way people behave in general. It harms the game and the community.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

If you don't find a world reliable enough for trading then simply go to another and trade there, or just make an sb/bc in your own world. You can't expect everything to be convenient for you. These buy+ world's are owned by people and it's theirs so they can do whatever the heck they want to in them. Just because you are jelous that someone makes more profit then you doesn't mean that he/she should be punished for that. Try to understand that there are literally hundreds of thousands of world's to trade in and there is also something called broadcasting. And who said new players go automatically to these buy+ world's to sell there items? It's not like it's engraved in their consiosness. And even if they do they can simply just leave the world and go to another if it isn't reliable for them. Also nobody is becoming antisocial. If you are mad that you can't chat in a world JUST LEAVE AND GO TO ANOTHER. And if other people decide to follow that trend then JUST LEAVE THE WORLD AND GO TO ANOTHER. Simple as that. Also remember that royal locks are limited for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Furry View Post
    Do u even know how it feels like to have an Indonesian word as your in game name. My IGN was Berak which literally means as pooping. And every single time I met some random indo they be like "dah cebok bang" which also means "have you wipe your ass?" Yes, I have.