Thread: Forumer debate results; suggestions

Default Forumer debate results; suggestions

so after a bit of debating we came to a conclusion on what to do to make Growtopia a better game overall.

Consistent bans:
    Bans are currently very inconsistent; player X can get punished for 30 days while player Y gets punished for 60 days for doing the same thing, by different, or even potentially the same Moderator

Solution:
    Make a guidebook showing which offenses will get you what punishment.

Moderation:
    We all know that the current moderator team can't keep up with everything, and there are still a lot of scams going on when the "infamous" nuking message doesnt pop up for a while.

Solution:
    More moderators, and potentially game guardians. We do not necessarily need the nicest and kindest hearted moderators as of now; we need ones which are trained well and do the job, even be it completely anonymously most of the time. Also, add an option for moderators to hide the nuking messages so the scammers don't stop SBing.

Development:
    Most updates don't make it alive past week 1. This simply needs to change.

Solution:
    Make updates which are interesting and active on month X, and follow up with updates which support the main update on month X, adding more and more interesting things to it as you go, to keep it fresh and live. Then, add another different update like on month X once you come up with a good idea for one (let's say, month Y), and then continue adding more stuff for update X and Y on the following months.

Currently dead activities and updates:
    A lot of activities, and updates, are out of reach to the common playerbase due to being too expensive or yielding little to no reward.

Solution:
    Give these updates a twist, something new and interesting to them, maybe an add-on to their core mechanic. Lets take crimefighting for example; it would be nice if there was a crimefighting token for the Sales-man, and a crimefighting role quest. Maybe harder supervillains, or PvP card tournaments.
    More dead activities include: Pet battling, Fishing, Chemsynth

Building:
    Building and building materials are not rewarding and not accessible enough to the common public. WOTDs are built as temporary and rarely played.

Solution:
    Make building materials more accessible, such as Castle stone and bricks. Make something like starting and ending points for WOTDs and give players medallions for playing them, which they can trade in at the sales-man. Make building competitions: Solo, Duo and potentially Trio building competition every month, or every 3 months, for every season. Make 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes, and potentially a Jade trophy prize for 4th and 5th. (both world owner and admin would get X place trophy for duos, or maybe trios).

Player-based suggestion:
    There is not enough backpack space with all the new items. There's also no platinum achievement for lvl 125 to my knowledge.

Solution:
    Add more backpack space, add achievement for more backpack space and lvl 125.

Bugs:
    Bugs.

Solution:
    Fix them.
    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidSpam View Post
    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

Today, we debated about multiple stuff as you've stated and most of them require immediate solutions.

Everyone made their point and we debated with each other. This was a first-time for debates however we all made our points by following the rules.

Thanks, everyone!
    Join Forumers United, Join now!

All for one and one for all, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

+1 Been to the Debate and thought that it needed more support, please don't let this sink in the "To Do" list.
    IGN: LegenPhenix
    Level: 59/125

"Darker things await beyond, and of your world, they are not fond. Seek a rift, a gash, a void wrenched wide, for answers lurk on the other side."

What I think would be the best is to change it to World of two/three days or even world of the week. This together with ubisoft judging the worlds well, to make the best quality ones win. I usually don’t play WOTDs because there’s just so many. 7 per week, and most are just filled with boring parkour without much thought. If there was about 1-2 AWESOME worlds per week, I would definitely check out most of them if not all

I also think that the worlds and trophies just getting sold is a problem. It seems like most people who make worlds solely make them for profit as basically everyone sells their trophy.

I’ve made many worlds in the past, and I just lack motivation, and so does so many other builders. Our worlds which we spend dls on and tons of hours barely get any attention. Back in the day I mostly made worlds for other people to enjoy. I loved to hear peoples thoughts and such. But now If I make a world, it’s just purely for myself to enjoy building and even that gets boring without any motivation.

I know a lot of builders agree with me on this and it’s sad to see ubisofts lack of response about it. I’ve never seen them take these any of these things up themselves, and tons of threads about this have died in the past without any mods/devs responding.

Edit: Your idea about medallions to reward people is something I’ve thought of aswell, could definitely work if they implemented it right. Many awesome blocks are also very hard to obtain. Almost all blocks/walls should be quite easy to obtain in bulk although some should remain expensive.
    The option about hiding nuked worlds is also great. When people see mods online or other worlds getting nuked, they dont sb.
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    I’m just a guy who loves to build worlds!
    16 WOTDs and counting...
    Creator of the Swedish Start world.

Banned

Ok cool suggestion

"Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"

As much as I'd like to give my opinion about this, I'll just keep them to myself as to avoid this so-called "drama".

A NEET but has a stable job at a cafe

Would try to help whenever possible,except for trying to be social,of course.

Okee. .
    🇮🇩Rimuoi

Play Growtopia Since August 2018 (actually 2016 but only 1month)

Instagram: @Rimuoi._

Signature copied from ephus

why not⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    真の幸福を達成.

Awhhh... Wish I could join the debate yesterday Was so busy last night with my family.
    IGN [MOBILE/PC] Pokekid123

Insta account: @pokekidgt

I don’t farm. Just chill.

Bumping, because these are some great suggestions
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    I’m just a guy who loves to build worlds!
    16 WOTDs and counting...
    Creator of the Swedish Start world.