Thread: Online Sandbox game needs Developers

Default Online Sandbox game needs Developers

Hi, I am Shane and long story short I am looking for a little help from experienced developers for a project of mine that is currently and has been a WIP (Work in progress) for almost 3 months now.

Let me get this out on the table, it is not an MMO nor do I have the funding, software, or the experience under my belt to create an MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) game. It is an MO game, Multiplayer Online game that can probably currently handle about 100-150 users concurrently at a time.

The game is programmed using JavaScript and HTML5 meaning yes, it will run in your browser and eventually I plan to start creating electron clients to port the game to mobile devices like android. We are using NodeJS as our backend and HTML5, Express and JS for the client. MongoDB for our database, and frameworks like Socket.IO to handle websockets and make the game the online experience that we have been pushing for.

I currently work a full-time job and have other responsibilities to keep up with and this is why I am looking for a partner or two, this forum is sort of a last-resort as I have already started talking about the project in multiple NodeJS and game development related discords. I am not sure if there is anyone interested in the game that has the experience to actually help out but it doesn't hurt to throw my line out there and hope for a bite.

As I already said the game has been a WIP for around 3 months now, maybe a little more, maybe a little less. I already have a world system which loads worlds from binary format to actual tiles to be displayed by the client, an inventory system which is of course stored to the database, login and registration systems, a chat system, tile placing, multiple world support, clothing and consumable items like a health potion, and health for future PvP that I took out of the game until i can work more on other more important factors first.

The entire game's engine has been built from scratch by me with the thought in mind of making it so easy to add onto that even a non-experienced person could add in new clothing items, tiles, etc to make updates come as smoothly and quickly as possible once we get a closed beta up and running (hoping for this to be around the 1st quarter of 2019).

With that being said, I need experienced developers, not to be mean but I do not have time to teach people how to code, so if you are interested and have a background using softwares, frameworks, and languages, and libraries in any of the following fields let me know.

Socket.IO, JavaScript (NodeJS included in this), Express, HTML5, CSS, Json, jQuery, MongoDB, GitHub, Heroku, TypeScript, Mongoose, PHP.

The game does have a discord, nothing currently capable or structured to handle a community but more to get in contact with me since I do not this forum very often. I will edit this post and add the discord link here soon. I will also try to answer your questions here too but no promises.
    https://discord.gg/zynuSfw

Oh yeah, here's an extremely quick and slightly out-dated 'Proof Of Concept' video that I threw together just to prove that there has been actual progress to the game and that it's not just something that will be thrown away and forgotten about. Please keep in mind, this is slightly outdated and took place very early in the world system. There is a bit more to offer at this point in which I will be posting an Alpha Trailer once I have the time to polish some small things up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b332...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by xSHANEx; 11-11-2018 at 08:50 PM. Reason: added in youtube and dscord links.

Nice, hope pure and passionate developers notice your work.

Goodluck with the project!

I think I can help with JavaScript, HTML5 and NW.js but I am busy with school. Good luck, I will check it out!

GrowID: chickybro
    Discord: ChickyBro#6017

Too Long Did Not Read
    Take A Hint

EDIT: Never Mind I Watched A Video It Is A Growtopia Clone And Let Me Tell You If I Wanted To Play Growtopia I Would Download Growtopia And Play Growtopia
    My In Game Name Is Can't Fix Keyboard Must Stupid Enigma Sentence Incomplete Trapped Capitalization Help Sentient Why Genuinely

D̸̼̲̣̮͍̝͙̹̺̣͎̔ͨͨͦ͆̊̿̌͌ͨͮͩ̈̉̊̈E̓̂ͮ̈̐ͭ̋̚҉͏҉̳̱̻̘͖̟̞̘̺

invalid invite :<
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...LART&p=3786586
    IGN: coolbeanss
    The hottie that made the playful sprites

Quote Originally Posted by xSHANEx View Post
    Hi, I am Shane and long story short I am looking for a little help from experienced developers for a project of mine that is currently and has been a WIP (Work in progress) for almost 3 months now.

Let me get this out on the table, it is not an MMO nor do I have the funding, software, or the experience under my belt to create an MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) game. It is an MO game, Multiplayer Online game that can probably currently handle about 100-150 users concurrently at a time.

The game is programmed using JavaScript and HTML5 meaning yes, it will run in your browser and eventually I plan to start creating electron clients to port the game to mobile devices like android. We are using NodeJS as our backend and HTML5, Express and JS for the client. MongoDB for our database, and frameworks like Socket.IO to handle websockets and make the game the online experience that we have been pushing for.

I currently work a full-time job and have other responsibilities to keep up with and this is why I am looking for a partner or two, this forum is sort of a last-resort as I have already started talking about the project in multiple NodeJS and game development related discords. I am not sure if there is anyone interested in the game that has the experience to actually help out but it doesn't hurt to throw my line out there and hope for a bite.

As I already said the game has been a WIP for around 3 months now, maybe a little more, maybe a little less. I already have a world system which loads worlds from binary format to actual tiles to be displayed by the client, an inventory system which is of course stored to the database, login and registration systems, a chat system, tile placing, multiple world support, clothing and consumable items like a health potion, and health for future PvP that I took out of the game until i can work more on other more important factors first.

The entire game's engine has been built from scratch by me with the thought in mind of making it so easy to add onto that even a non-experienced person could add in new clothing items, tiles, etc to make updates come as smoothly and quickly as possible once we get a closed beta up and running (hoping for this to be around the 1st quarter of 2019).

With that being said, I need experienced developers, not to be mean but I do not have time to teach people how to code, so if you are interested and have a background using softwares, frameworks, and languages, and libraries in any of the following fields let me know.

Socket.IO, JavaScript (NodeJS included in this), Express, HTML5, CSS, Json, jQuery, MongoDB, GitHub, Heroku, TypeScript, Mongoose, PHP.

The game does have a discord, nothing currently capable or structured to handle a community but more to get in contact with me since I do not this forum very often. I will edit this post and add the discord link here soon. I will also try to answer your questions here too but no promises.
    https://discord.gg/ETSWxg

Oh yeah, here's an extremely quick and slightly out-dated 'Proof Of Concept' video that I threw together just to prove that there has been actual progress to the game and that it's not just something that will be thrown away and forgotten about. Please keep in mind, this is slightly outdated and took place very early in the world system. There is a bit more to offer at this point in which I will be posting an Alpha Trailer once I have the time to polish some small things up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b332...ature=youtu.be
    I have some experience of PHP, HTML and JS, but I’m not as experienced as a "pro" coder haha. I am actually a NOOB.
    The link is invalid, tho...
    GrowID: HirviKoira

Discord: Jimiza#3187 ADD ME MATE
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Discord server of meh:
    https://discord.gg/CKVXB5t
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu View Post
    Nah don’t rage because I fake Seth xd

Quote Originally Posted by Snappington View Post
    Nice, hope pure and passionate developers notice your work.

Goodluck with the project!
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBros View Post
    I think I can help with JavaScript, HTML5 and NW.js but I am busy with school. Good luck, I will check it out!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Gear View Post
    Too Long Did Not Read
    Take A Hint

EDIT: Never Mind I Watched A Video It Is A Growtopia Clone And Let Me Tell You If I Wanted To Play Growtopia I Would Download Growtopia And Play Growtopia
    Glad to hear, ignorance is weeding itself out!

Quote Originally Posted by iFrostSpark View Post
    invalid invite :<
    Sorry! I think it was a 24 hour link, here's one that won't expire. https://discord.gg/zynuSfw

Quote Originally Posted by HirviKoira View Post
    I have some experience of PHP, HTML and JS, but I’m not as experienced as a "pro" coder haha. I am actually a NOOB.
    The link is invalid, tho...
    Nice. https://discord.gg/zynuSfw