Thread: How to make a song :p

Lesser Knight

Default How to make a song :p

How do you create a song?
    Is is mandatory to be a pianist to create a song or is there a guide to making any song?

Lesser Knight

Hey.
    I"ve been a growtopian 'composer' for quite a while now, and I'll explain this concept of 'being a composer' in gt.
    So, I don't know if you already are aware of this, and most people aren't, creating a piece of music from SCRATCH is called 'composing', and changing an already-existent song into another form of music (or instrument) is called 'transcription'. Most people playing GT mean transcribing when they say composing, so just wanted to make it clear.

(So I guess I'm not really a composer lol)
    Anyways, you don't have even have to be proficient in piano, as GT Music is a bit different but...
    You do have to know the basic concepts of notes, beats, all that kind of stuff, but you probably would know all the basics if you posted this.
    Anyways, once you have the basic knowledge of music in general, especially piano-related, you can start composing right away.
    Just kidding. Unless you can afford to lose lots of note blocks in the process of placing and breaking notes to see if it fits in a world in-game(which is the dumbest thing in the world), you have to use a third party software called Growtopia Music Simulator Reborn, which you can easily find in the forums.
    If you want, it's also available on most modern mobile devices(App Store, Play Store).
    Eventually, if you get the program and play around with it for a little while, you'll soon realize that music in Growtopia is limited. There can only be 14 different notes(normal CDEFGAB and high CDEFGAB).
    You'll have to keep that in mind, because that's the reason why many, if not most, songs are kept out from GT either because of its notes that are too low, or too high.
    Anyways, if you have played around with the GT Music Simulator for a little bit, you can begin creating your own pieces of music. You'll need to have a decent musical sense in order to actually compose something, and unfortunately, it is very rare to be able to compose well, at least in the Growtopian community curretnly.
    So, if you find that composing doesn't fit you well, you don't have to be discouraged because you can just transcribe songs into GT.
    You can easily find a synthesia guide on the song and if you can read notes on the piano, you can copy it into the GT Music Simulator, and then change some things that you would like to change or things that sound kind of weird in the Growtopian form of music.
    Sorry if you couldn't understand some things here. In the case that you do, please reply, and I'll clarify things and make it clear for you.
    Also, good luck on your journey to becoming a composer!!!
    Work Hard
    Get Scammed
    Work Hard
    Hack/Scam
    Get Banned
    Quit
    Commit Suicide(LOLZ)
    The People I Have Worked For :

~ By IDLE
    Check out this world! Its name is BuyingCurtain
    Since all the buy+ and sell+ curtains worlds are not very good, BuyingCurtain is a replacement for those!

Lesser Knight

omg thank you so much

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wap View Post
    omg thank you so much
    You're welcome
    Work Hard
    Get Scammed
    Work Hard
    Hack/Scam
    Get Banned
    Quit
    Commit Suicide(LOLZ)
    The People I Have Worked For :

~ By IDLE
    Check out this world! Its name is BuyingCurtain
    Since all the buy+ and sell+ curtains worlds are not very good, BuyingCurtain is a replacement for those!

Are You Referring To A Melody Because Song Is Words And What You Are Describing Does Not Have Any
    My In Game Name Is Can't Fix Keyboard Must Stupid Enigma Sentence Incomplete Trapped Capitalization Help Sentient Why Genuinely

Quote Originally Posted by Idle View Post
    Hey.
    I"ve been a growtopian 'composer' for quite a while now, and I'll explain this concept of 'being a composer' in gt.
    So, I don't know if you already are aware of this, and most people aren't, creating a piece of music from SCRATCH is called 'composing', and changing an already-existent song into another form of music (or instrument) is called 'transcription'. Most people playing GT mean transcribing when they say composing, so just wanted to make it clear.

(So I guess I'm not really a composer lol)
    Anyways, you don't have even have to be proficient in piano, as GT Music is a bit different but...
    You do have to know the basic concepts of notes, beats, all that kind of stuff, but you probably would know all the basics if you posted this.
    Anyways, once you have the basic knowledge of music in general, especially piano-related, you can start composing right away.
    Just kidding. Unless you can afford to lose lots of note blocks in the process of placing and breaking notes to see if it fits in a world in-game(which is the dumbest thing in the world), you have to use a third party software called Growtopia Music Simulator Reborn, which you can easily find in the forums.
    If you want, it's also available on most modern mobile devices(App Store, Play Store).
    Eventually, if you get the program and play around with it for a little while, you'll soon realize that music in Growtopia is limited. There can only be 14 different notes(normal CDEFGAB and high CDEFGAB).
    You'll have to keep that in mind, because that's the reason why many, if not most, songs are kept out from GT either because of its notes that are too low, or too high.
    Anyways, if you have played around with the GT Music Simulator for a little bit, you can begin creating your own pieces of music. You'll need to have a decent musical sense in order to actually compose something, and unfortunately, it is very rare to be able to compose well, at least in the Growtopian community curretnly.
    So, if you find that composing doesn't fit you well, you don't have to be discouraged because you can just transcribe songs into GT.
    You can easily find a synthesia guide on the song and if you can read notes on the piano, you can copy it into the GT Music Simulator, and then change some things that you would like to change or things that sound kind of weird in the Growtopian form of music.
    Sorry if you couldn't understand some things here. In the case that you do, please reply, and I'll clarify things and make it clear for you.
    Also, good luck on your journey to becoming a composer!!!
    Actually, I’m also a composer in GT, but I have never used 3rd-party-softwares. I always just make them only in Growtopia, it is more hard way, but at the same time, I learn a lot more. Tbh, I have never used any guides or something, I play piano and that’s why I know how to do musics in GT.
    GrowID: HirviKoira

Discord: Jimiza#3187 ADD ME MATE
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Discord server of meh:
    https://discord.gg/CKVXB5t
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu View Post
    Nah don’t rage because I fake Seth xd

Quote Originally Posted by HirviKoira View Post
    Actually, I’m also a composer in GT, but I have never used 3rd-party-softwares. I always just make them only in Growtopia, it is more hard way, but at the same time, I learn a lot more. Tbh, I have never used any guides or something, I play piano and that’s why I know how to do musics in GT.
    well what does it teach you
    What happens when you double dab, but the haters single dab back?

Chill and Netflix
    wait

👇👇👇Hey look, it's Growtopians trying to not be like you! Check it out 👇👇👇

Quote Originally Posted by XxGamerGT2xX View Post
    well what does it teach you
    Hmm, atleast it teaches me rythm and the melody making a bit. Not much. But atleast more than using a software that gives you the song ready.

Discord server of meh:

Hmm, atleast it teaches me rythm and the melody making a bit. Not much. But atleast more than using a software that gives you the song ready.
    ???????????

Chill and Netflix
    wait

Quote Originally Posted by XxGamerGT2xX View Post
    ???????????
    "Gives the song ready" I mean that it tells you how to make that song to GT.

Discord server of meh:

"Gives the song ready" I mean that it tells you how to make that song to GT.
    then why can't i just use this

Chill and Netflix
    wait