Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 128

Thread: An upgrade for LOCKS

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Chem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Unstable
    Posts
    4,697

    Default An upgrade for LOCKS

    So ahem, here's my suggestion:
    Locks, in general (small - big - huge - builders') can not be controlled easily, here's an example:
    Let's say you have opened a break world or a BFG, and you somehow forgot to put the locks, and you really don't like what happened, because you will have to break the blocks around the lock so you can tick (Ignore empty air).
    Why can't we just click on the tiles we want to lock? How about you guys add a new feature called "Lock Tiles" or call it whatever you want to call it, that allows you just tap on the blocks you want to lock? (you can't lock anywhere, chosen tiles must be around the lock itself or connected to other locked tiles).
    How to use this? well, wrench the lock, put a new button under the Ignore empty air one, and it's done.

    So what do you think?
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer ChickyBro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    2,969

    Default

    Sounds dope. Bumping this! It must be an option for all locks except World Locks.
    Last edited by ChickyBro; 11-13-2018 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Whaleon edited this
    Started watching anime for real since August 1, 2019 and it seems to be hard to go back to watching western animation since I added too many stuff in my watchlist.

  3. #3
    Lesser Knight Whaleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBros View Post
    Sounds dope. Bumping this! It must be an option for all locks.
    execpt world locks

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Chem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Unstable
    Posts
    4,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whaleon View Post
    execpt world locks
    Yeah sure haha.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer KVLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    On a piece of paper
    Posts
    1,583

    Default

    what if it is huge lock? you need to click 200 times?

  6. #6
    Lesser Knight Whaleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KVLEE View Post
    what if it is huge lock? you need to click 200 times?
    To clarify your doubts, he said 'selected blocks'

    ~Whaleon

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Chem View Post
    So ahem, here's my suggestion:
    Locks, in general (small - big - huge - builders') can not be controlled easily, here's an example:
    Let's say you have opened a break world or a BFG, and you somehow forgot to put the locks, and you really don't like what happened, because you will have to break the blocks around the lock so you can tick (Ignore empty air).
    Why can't we just click on the tiles we want to lock? How about you guys add a new feature called "Lock Tiles" or call it whatever you want to call it, that allows you just tap on the blocks you want to lock? (you can't lock anywhere, chosen tiles must be around the lock itself or connected to other locked tiles).
    How to use this? well, wrench the lock, put a new button under the Ignore empty air one, and it's done.

    So what do you think?
    It may take a long time but tbh, it will change every growtopian's lifestyle with that easier method. Maybe ubisoft can use drag method to select the blocks, rather than clicks because its going to be very very tiring and a waste of time!

    ~Whaleon

  7. #7
    Guardian Nostos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    S.E.A.
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chem View Post
    So ahem, here's my suggestion:
    Locks, in general (small - big - huge - builders') can not be controlled easily, here's an example:
    Let's say you have opened a break world or a BFG, and you somehow forgot to put the locks, and you really don't like what happened, because you will have to break the blocks around the lock so you can tick (Ignore empty air).
    Why can't we just click on the tiles we want to lock? How about you guys add a new feature called "Lock Tiles" or call it whatever you want to call it, that allows you just tap on the blocks you want to lock? (you can't lock anywhere, chosen tiles must be around the lock itself or connected to other locked tiles).
    How to use this? well, wrench the lock, put a new button under the Ignore empty air one, and it's done.

    So what do you think?
    I don't know if you already know this, but there is actually a trick on how to lock a certain area without having to break the blocks around it.

    1st. Place a huge lock on the blocks you don't want to break.
    2nd. Place a small lock on the BFG area.
    3rd. Place blocks on the area for BFG, then use ignore empty air with small lock.
    4th. Remove the huge lock.
    5th. Break the small locked blocks in the BFG area.
    *BFG area means, these are the 3 block area where they break blocks. Talking about BFG set up

    Hopefully you got my instructions.

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer KVLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    On a piece of paper
    Posts
    1,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nostos View Post
    3rd. Place blocks on the area for BFG, then use ignore empty air with small lock.
    4th. Remove the huge lock.
    5th. Break the small locked blocks in the BFG area.
    *BFG area means, these are the 3 block area where they break blocks. Talking about BFG set up
    Just use a huge lock to lock the room or box (ignore empty air), then place the small lock inside it and click allow break and building.

  9. #9
    Guardian Nostos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    S.E.A.
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KVLEE View Post
    Just use a huge lock to lock the room or box (ignore empty air), then place the small lock inside it and click allow break and building.
    Yeah! Glad you understood my instructions.

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Chem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Unstable
    Posts
    4,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nostos View Post
    I don't know if you already know this, but there is actually a trick on how to lock a certain area without having to break the blocks around it.

    1st. Place a huge lock on the blocks you don't want to break.
    2nd. Place a small lock on the BFG area.
    3rd. Place blocks on the area for BFG, then use ignore empty air with small lock.
    4th. Remove the huge lock.
    5th. Break the small locked blocks in the BFG area.
    *BFG area means, these are the 3 block area where they break blocks. Talking about BFG set up

    Hopefully you got my instructions.
    I got them, thanks, but wouldn't it be easier to just tap wherever you want to lock?
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

  11. #11
    Lesser Knight Whaleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nostos View Post
    I don't know if you already know this, but there is actually a trick on how to lock a certain area without having to break the blocks around it.

    1st. Place a huge lock on the blocks you don't want to break.
    2nd. Place a small lock on the BFG area.
    3rd. Place blocks on the area for BFG, then use ignore empty air with small lock.
    4th. Remove the huge lock.
    5th. Break the small locked blocks in the BFG area.
    *BFG area means, these are the 3 block area where they break blocks. Talking about BFG set up

    Hopefully you got my instructions.
    smart dood

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Chem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Unstable
    Posts
    4,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whaleon View Post
    smart dood
    Yeah it's a very good trick, i heard of it before but couldn't recognize it.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Randious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Your local internet café
    Posts
    1,194

    Default

    Bump..we really need this feature..it's about time growtopia add this feature into the game..

  14. #14
    Knight SHE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    93

    Default

    I'd say why not, this will always come in handy.

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer ChickyBro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    2,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nostos View Post
    I don't know if you already know this, but there is actually a trick on how to lock a certain area without having to break the blocks around it.

    1st. Place a huge lock on the blocks you don't want to break.
    2nd. Place a small lock on the BFG area.
    3rd. Place blocks on the area for BFG, then use ignore empty air with small lock.
    4th. Remove the huge lock.
    5th. Break the small locked blocks in the BFG area.
    *BFG area means, these are the 3 block area where they break blocks. Talking about BFG set up

    Hopefully you got my instructions.
    I found this in Nubidubi's video.
    Started watching anime for real since August 1, 2019 and it seems to be hard to go back to watching western animation since I added too many stuff in my watchlist.

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer GT Jay Gaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Austr4lia
    Posts
    909

    Default

    +1 good idea


    -IGN: GTJayYT
    -Discord: GT Jay Gaming#5212


    Some good discord servers:

    Subscribe to GT Jay Gaming



  17. #17
    Guardian Nostos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    S.E.A.
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Hehe. Don't worry guys, I already forwarded this suggestion to the team. We'll just see in the future if this could be implemented or not.

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer Chem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Unstable
    Posts
    4,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nostos View Post
    Hehe. Don't worry guys, I already forwarded this suggestion to the team. We'll just see in the future if this could be implemented or not.
    Yay, that's great.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer Chem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Unstable
    Posts
    4,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randious View Post
    Bump..we really need this feature..it's about time growtopia add this feature into the game..
    Quote Originally Posted by SHE View Post
    I'd say why not, this will always come in handy.
    Thank you for your support.

    - - - Updated - - -

    also bump
    !!
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

  20. #20
    Lesser Wizard PurinKitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chem View Post
    So ahem, here's my suggestion:
    Locks, in general (small - big - huge - builders') can not be controlled easily, here's an example:
    Let's say you have opened a break world or a BFG, and you somehow forgot to put the locks, and you really don't like what happened, because you will have to break the blocks around the lock so you can tick (Ignore empty air).
    Why can't we just click on the tiles we want to lock? How about you guys add a new feature called "Lock Tiles" or call it whatever you want to call it, that allows you just tap on the blocks you want to lock? (you can't lock anywhere, chosen tiles must be around the lock itself or connected to other locked tiles).
    How to use this? well, wrench the lock, put a new button under the Ignore empty air one, and it's done.

    So what do you think?
    Cool idea! It's feasible
    ~PurinKitty2

    Learning.

    Level 68
    Main worlds: TYXJ & 2CD8 & IDKU


    #unbanbitelord

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •