Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell about your experience of being scammed or almost being scammed.

Default Tell about your experience of being scammed or almost being scammed.

Me have a lot, but some of my almost-being-scammed-experience is like this.
    1. On a normal day in growtopia, somebody must have sent message randomly and i received it. It says, come here. I came and he said he want to sell a dl to me. He ask how much is my wls (my wls is 50 at that time) and he said want to sell it to me. I am very happy and he told me to trade. In the trade, he give a key (not the dls). He then show me that the dls is dropped. Instinctively, becoz i heard have ever talked about wls in water looks like dls, i knew that it is a wl in water. So, i said " Lol, u scammer!!" then i left the world.

2. When i've got a geiger-charger, i want to sell it at buygeiger. Suddenly a player say free charger. I thought he want to buy my charger(my eyes tricked me) and told to go to his world. So, i came to there and i saw the charger locked with builder lock. Instinctively again, i knew it is a scam becoz i saw some people posted about this scam in youtube. So, i tried to break the charger but i forgot that it is locked with builder lock. So, i shouted u scam fail, then left the game. But the next day my friend told me that it is not a scam fail, it is a failed-to-scam. ( i heard about scam fail but idk the meaning)

How"s yours?

Master Sorcerer

In 2014 ,I trusted fake friend ,lent value stuff to him and acressed him in my world ,afterward he took everything of mine then he removed as friend and run away.

I won't trust anyone even my friend
    I'm back
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Discord : IQflu#5214

There is one but the one who experienced it was my sister so here the story
    She just met someone else in 2 hours ago,And then give the access to this new ''Friend",since before like 2015 we really like assassin so we buy phone booth.She always use it to put her expensive items.
    While she put the expensive stuff (Only d wing,we too poor)The "friend" ask us to respawn.And suddenly her "friend" Broke the phoone booth and take all the items.she cry though,And this "Friend" ask her to go to Store world "Friend" say drop h bow and we (There actually 2 of them) give back your items.She Don't want to do it and yeah that it.

If you think I ever got scam,nope,I'm too anti social back in the day 2015-2017,Aka Close Broadcast,Only friend talk,Close down location.
    Last edited by Ziasne; 11-17-2018 at 06:20 PM.
    IGN : Verkolyn | Ziasne
    Level : 75 [Not for Ziasne]
    I fight,Yet I fight,and even though i know there's no Reward ~ Nostalgia Tactics,Nostalgia For Nothingness.

I've been scammed too many times but the worst one was a "friend" who accuse me for greifting her world RIGHT after she was afk for 1 hour+ while holding my ancestral seed of life which I LEND her.
    she scam my ances and blame me for greifting her cheap 20wls mushroom world
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Serf

1. Dropped my astronaut jetpack, no idea what drop game is cuz I just started playing GT.

2. 2013, 2 guys told me to put a door inside my world, I have no idea that they can do that. They got in my world using that door and locked all my stuff in my world. This is probably why now you can't wrench door 1 block distance from you if you don't have access.

3. 2014 lep was released, I lend it to one of my in-game friends for his Tiny Appaloosa and then he won't give it back. Back then, Pet Leprechaun was not that expensive but it is more expensive than Tiny Appaloosa, I immediately sold it because I was so sad. I literally got offered Angel Wing [16 WLs], Dragon Hand [16 WLs], and more for this pet. ofc I declined bcz i'm stupid lol.

moral of my story: don't trust anyone in this game, not even you.

I lost my Golden Heart Crystal back on 2015 and here's why.

During February 2015, I was about to quit and I gave away all my items, then I saw a heartsone on my giveaway world and I broke it there I got my Golden Heart Crystal and I was like screaming all the time.

Many months later, I sold my GHC for 33dls and I bought some expensive items for my set like mickeymay,leafboard,devil wings,death scarf and etc. I also bought a mainworld and I accessed one of my best friends back then, I also did removed his access for some time if I placed my Clothing Compactor. The next day me and my brother has gotten into a fight because of the internet being slow and he accused me of causing it. It even got to the point where he log on to my account and dropped my items into random worlds like 9NOWDNJDNWOALZP and even in my main world. After the fight ended I log on to my account realizing what my brother did to me. I did /status and checked all the worlds he has entered. After all of that I got my mickeymay and 2dls except the items on my main/minigame world which I didn't knew that it was in there. I accessed my best friend to my main/minigame without knowing that my brother dropped all my dls and valuable items while my best friend saw it all. My brother saw what I did and he told me unaccess him fast, unfortunately I was too late that my best friend stole all my valuables which was worth 28dls. I was like confused on how he gotten my items but then my brother told me that he dropped all my valuables in a hidden spot at the world while my friend who has no access saw it. I started to cry and trust me it was the worst feeling ever. That's why I never trusted anyone anymore with such a huge amount of dls

R.I.P. Golden Heart Crystal
    Building Blocks Machine Shop (BBM) at PADDYOMALICE
    Don't be like me

When I started growtopia, there wasn't world keys back then and I was trying to find a way to earn wls..back then I tried selling cleared worlds but I was dumb enough to remove the lock first and..poof..there goes my cleared world..thankfully they added world keys

In 2013/2014, mistakenly dropped my angel wings which was so rare.

I was going to click INFO but suddenly clicked drop then pressed enter.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyOMalice View Post
    time to disconnect your brother relationship
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Those are very terrible. I can't imagine how hard is your pain,PaddyOMalice. And the rest looks like being scammed by friends. What a terrible things!!

Here is what i conclude
    Be careful when pressing buttons
    Be careful of everybody, including friends. ( I got scammed ghost jar seeds when my friend followed me on my Ghost-Hunt )
    Don't listen to players that you don't know on the real life. ( Someone ever told me to break my wl, but i'm not dumb)
    Most important, get away from illegal things like drop games, csn, bj, dirt games, n more. You will make yourself become poor

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyOMalice View Post
    I lost my Golden Heart Crystal back on 2015 and here's why.

During February 2015, I was about to quit and I gave away all my items, then I saw a heartsone on my giveaway world and I broke it there I got my Golden Heart Crystal and I was like screaming all the time.

Many months later, I sold my GHC for 33dls and I bought some expensive items for my set like mickeymay,leafboard,devil wings,death scarf and etc. I also bought a mainworld and I accessed one of my best friends back then, I also did removed his access for some time if I placed my Clothing Compactor. The next day me and my brother has gotten into a fight because of the internet being slow and he accused me of causing it. It even got to the point where he log on to my account and dropped my items into random worlds like 9NOWDNJDNWOALZP and even in my main world. After the fight ended I log on to my account realizing what my brother did to me. I did /status and checked all the worlds he has entered. After all of that I got my mickeymay and 2dls except the items on my main/minigame world which I didn't knew that it was in there. I accessed my best friend to my main/minigame without knowing that my brother dropped all my dls and valuable items while my best friend saw it all. My brother saw what I did and he told me unaccess him fast, unfortunately I was too late that my best friend stole all my valuables which was worth 28dls. I was like confused on how he gotten my items but then my brother told me that he dropped all my valuables in a hidden spot at the world while my friend who has no access saw it. I started to cry and trust me it was the worst feeling ever. That's why I never trusted anyone anymore with such a huge amount of dls

R.I.P. Golden Heart Crystal
    Damn paddy, i feel your pain

IGN: HirviKoira

Hi this is an extremely interesting signature, isn’t it? If you are here you just wasted some time of your life

Trusted 2 friends in real life with my old account's password. Hacked me 3 times in 2015 and just as i was getting back into the game this year 1 of em hacked me again.

-IGN: GTJayYT
    -Discord: GT Jay Gaming#5212

Some good discord servers:

Subscribe to GT Jay Gaming

Quote Originally Posted by GT Jay Gaming View Post
    Trusted 2 friends in real life with my old account's password. Hacked me 3 times in 2015 and just as i was getting back into the game this year 1 of em hacked me again.
    I had ever got hacked 2 times.
    1. My first account passwords trusted to my friend and he told his friend who later hacked me. Lost: Less than 10 wls
    2. My second account passwords trusted to someone idk in Line, then actually his phone/IP address was hacked so his and my account are both hacked. At first i thought he was the hacker until he told me everything recently. Lost: 1 rayman, 1 magplant, 4 dls and the others are about 1-2 dls with a broken geiger charger and 50k gems gone.

Idk,it just,happens.
    Welcome to my kind of empty signature.Yes its empty cuz y not.
    Cuz,I wanna keep it short and short.

Nothing to say here unless you wanna know my IGN which is Pogo and I just told you so don't ask

Also maybe I'll tell ya smth.The Earth is made of,Bread.Why so?You see,We Could,Make Bread,ON EARTH.But wait doesn't that mean the Earth is basically made of everything?But wait a minute..b.r.e.a.d=5 letters,e.a.r.t.h=5 letters.

5=5
    Bread=Earth
    Earth is made of Bread!?

OkDat'sAllKthxBai

Not sure if this is a scam:
    A day in 2014, my friend's got a butterfly, and I got a leprechaun (which I got it from a legit drop game, don't judge), he wanted to try out my lep, and I said I wanted to try out his butterfly, and so we traded both pets with each other
    He banned me and removed me as a friend, taking my leprechaun. But I kept his butterfly >.>

In 2013, someone asked me to drop my burrito to get wings and a butterfly, I dropped it and he banned me
    I threatened him "If you don't return my donkey I'll tell the gods" and he got scared and returned it >.>
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and weeb
    Latest Youtube Video:

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    I have a heart?
    Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    Do you love dragons with your brain?

If a friend of mine asked anything sketchy or attempted to scam me. Well

I BASICALLY IGNORE THEM UNTIL EVEN THEY STOP. But if they still dont

T H A T W O U L D B E A N N O Y I N G

Even if i tell them that i dont fully trust them they still
    D O N T S T O P . F F S
    //include <iostream>
    usingnamespace std;

Int main([])
    /*{
    Int, x; y
    cout >> "Aaa aa a a a a a/n;
    cin >> "x"
    Cout << "cin", cin:
    Return 0
    }
    }
    */
    Huge THANKS for astigmat for correcting the spelling of code! ^-^

JakeShore.

'Nuff said I think, lol.

IGN: electrodream
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @electrodreamy
    WOTD count: 23
    Forumers' VIP pass: StarboardFTW.

To clarify, I'm not an Australian citizen but I'm an Indonesian studying abroad.

I rarely get scammed. But I will tell you the most ridiculous scammed experience that I have ever felt when I was a beginner.

At that time I was working on someone (breaking a number of blocks for WLs), he used Zeus' Lightning Bolt. I saw the item was very cool. Then I asked him "What the name of the item?" He replied "I didn't know." Of course, I'm still a beginner at the time, so I thought the item didn't have a name. Then I asked him "How did you get the item?" Because at that time all I had was Diamond Wings and the Flame Scythe that was being used. So he said that the recipe for making it was dropping 1 Diamond Wings, 1 Flame Scythe, and 20 Lava in the oven. I think this might be the correct recipe, because the Flame Scythe when combined with Diamond Wings will be lightning, and added with Lava will give a lightning effect.

Then I said that I did not have an oven. And then, he said that he had an oven. We headed to the place and he said that the oven can only be used by the owner. Without doubt I drop my stuff as a recipe of Zeus' Lightning Bolt in the oven. I know I should not do that because I will get scammed, but look from his good attitude and tell the recipes that are likely to be true, so I do not hesitate.

I was disconnected and returned to that world again. The owner is counting down 3... 2... 1... BAM! He world-ban me from his world, and at that time I was sad and felt how stupid I was to be scammed in a very ridiculous way.

Quote Originally Posted by Δευτέρα View Post
    Not sure if this is a scam:
    A day in 2014, my friend's got a butterfly, and I got a leprechaun (which I got it from a legit drop game, don't judge), he wanted to try out my lep, and I said I wanted to try out his butterfly, and so we traded both pets with each other
    He banned me and removed me as a friend, taking my leprechaun. But I kept his butterfly >.>

In 2013, someone asked me to drop my burrito to get wings and a butterfly, I dropped it and he banned me
    I threatened him "If you don't return my donkey I'll tell the gods" and he got scared and returned it >.>
    The first one, as long as the price at that time is same and you agreed to give him, it isn't a scam. But if the price isn't same and you only borrow him, it is a scam, but i would rather to call it as "karma" becouse u get it from drop game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    If a friend of mine asked anything sketchy or attempted to scam me. Well

I BASICALLY IGNORE THEM UNTIL EVEN THEY STOP. But if they still dont

T H A T W O U L D B E A N N O Y I N G

Even if i tell them that i dont fully trust them they still
    D O N T S T O P . F F S
    Just keep ignore them untill they offline.
    If you can't hold your patience anymore:
    1. Remove them as friend
    2. Ban 'em (if u can)
    3. Get away from 'em

The second one:
    Wow!! You gave us a solution to make scammers return our things!! Eventhough maybe u are just lucky to meet such a scammer.