Thread: Balloon Warz World Building Challenge [Discussion]

Default Balloon Warz World Building Challenge [Discussion]

Quote Originally Posted by OldGertie View Post
    Here's my world! This is almost finished. I might add a few little details, then I'll just update the render.

Few things to note:
    1) The new guild blocks appear as disco balls in the render. I didn't place disco balls all over.
    2) The Storm clouds don't appear in the render at all. But trust me, they're there.
    3) Balloon Weather would be much better but it's impossible to find one at the moment.

What's in the world?
    1) There are Safe Zones with signs guiding people on how to take part in the Balloon Warz. (Explains Leaderboard, Towel Racks, Balloon O Matics)
    2) There is a free for all section (Floating island) Which has 15 doors as possible destinations from the Safe Zone Mystery Doors. (Takes you to a random door)
    3) There is a Team Sorter which automatically puts you in your own Safe Zone when you enter the portals on the bottom left corner. (Yes, it works, we tried a lot of times but still couldn't figure out a way how people could bypass it)
    4) There is a Hangout area in each team Safe Zones
    5) There are a lot of the new blocks used - Guild themed blocks, Storm Clouds, Death Trap Walls, Gravity Wells and more.
    6) There are fun signs all over the world!
    7) There are 6 Leaderboard in the world. 1 in each of the Safe Zones and 3 around the Wasteland.

So here's the render!
    Attachment 207725

Good luck to everyone participating!
    I think the cave dirt could be swapped to something else. I would say a mix of Texas limestone and sand or dirt and dark brown blocks. Also less discoballs

You really caught the spirit of official event worlds there, man!
    Yo
    I'm HGrowH (<<<IGN), now a full time builder.

UberDuck's B.O.O. Song!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWZkvBJwrk]
    My Youtube channel link for people looking for it
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP4...HzZ73Qv1vot_yQ

These lines are here so people won't click on the link when trying to quote

Quote Originally Posted by GrowH View Post
    I think the cave dirt could be swapped to something else. I would say a mix of Texas limestone and sand or dirt and dark brown blocks. Also less discoballs

You really caught the spirit of official event worlds there, man!
    Haha! Thanks! I had the idea to place some limestones in between the cave dirt at first but I thought it would get a little too colourful. But I guess I'll give it a shot!
    Ingame name - OldGertie

Instagram - @OldGertie

Discord - OldGertie#3133

Youtube - OldGertie Gaming

Default Sensible Prizes would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Attachment 207693

Post your submission in this thread with the following information:
    - World name
    - Your GrowID
    - Latest Render of the world

NOTE: At the end of the contest, we will decide on the winner and take over the world (giving back a World Lock, just like the process for the Start worlds).
    The prize for this contest, is that the winner will be forever honored by having a builders credit on a Sign in the world and we will use the world for future Balloon Warz!

TIP: create a strategic lay-out to help balance each faction!

This contest is not very beneficial for many people because the prize is very...cough*..."futile or useless." Many things are needed to create a world like this. Somethings costing a lot of world locks...Thus, it would not be very sensible to enter this competition without something in return that is worth it...Hope you add something better as a prize...

For example, you guys could make this...

The prize for this contest, is that the winner will be forever honored by having a builders credit on a Sign in the world and we will use the world for future Balloon Warz with you having access to the world! You shall also be given a golden apple of immortality and duct tape....

Just add some more things as prizes...Ranierz is right...It doesn't seem sensible to give your world for a builders credit on a Sign that might not even be recognized...

thank you, next

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 007starz View Post
    just pointing something many most likely have pointed out. no one is gonna give u a few diamond locks worth of blocks and world name just for a measly sign. my suggestion is for u to allow them to be able to keep the world and make ur own separate world with the exact design and add a sign to credit their sign. this way, they would not be losing anything and might actually be able to resell the world in order to get some wls back now tht it has gain reputation. no way is someone who only have 1diamond lock gonna spend all their wealth to make a world, only to have u take it away.

tl;dr: allow them to keep the world and copy the world design by yourself or using some commands so more people are willing to make good world design for u.
    Clearly this is what should be added and pointed out!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    Well, making GAME MAPS would really be awesome so im down with this one.

Altough finding some related items is hard... but i hope theres an easier way

Also, neko, will we be able to have an admins access if we were chosen? Well, the reason is for us to improve the in-game experience because i care about it
    Oh wow, I did not know people thought of this too...

Overoll point is that we want better prizes and access to the world...
    Be fair!
    Oh yahhh...more people too

See, so many people are adding suggestions...

Master Sorcerer

Adding to my previous reply:
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni2 View Post
    I think more than 1 world might be better in this case for more variety. Choose yourself if this idea is worth considering or not.
    Worlds can be really different. REALLY REALLY VERY VERY DIFFERENT. Even if the main theme is the same, (Balloon warz) the worlds can be very different. If they pick only 1 world winner, they can't choose a world that is somehow special in it's own way because the winner world would be the only world players can battle in. They will have to choose a world that presents the balloon warz the best, original and special worlds will stand no chance. If they choose multiple worlds, they can choose worlds with different styles.

What happens if the non winner didnt win?
    IGN: INVSIBILITY - Hey you need a friend or a person to talk or anything call me up, well not all the time but I try.

Tomorrow I want to change the world,Today I became wiser to change what I began

Never Open This!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMeHow View Post
    What happens if the non winner didnt win?
    You failed, you lose

Nothing in return i guess
    My face every day

Why am I still here? I couldve done something productive like sleeping.

Shading Pack:

Default wait can you answer this sir nekorei ?

can a world owner put a link to other world?
    also do admin of the winners world will be in the sign too ?
    When the time the I become rich I will give some needy growtopia a good gift

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    I've always thought getting an official world for Balloon Warz was the right way to go, so this is nice.

However, I do think that the payoff isn't really worth it. Sure, getting credit is nice, even when most people won't notice it, but one world lock doesn't even nearly cover the expenses. Considering that we haven't had Balloon Warz in like a year, getting the required blocks will be a pain as they would be scarce and people will take advantage of this event to charge way too much for those blocks.

My suggestion would be to either allow the worlds to be built via a world planner, and once a world is chosen then Ubisoft could rebuild the world in-game, or to make the exclusive Balloon Warz items easily available for the duration of the event (For a small gem price in the store, perhaps?).
    The first option would require more work on your end, but could open up the possibilities of using special blocks of some sort (for example, three separate world entrances for the different teams instead of one spawnroom).
    The second option would make it much more encouraging for builders to create worlds as they wouldn't be afraid of spending hundreds of WLs on a chance to win only a WL, which I'm sure is extremely demotivating to most people, those who love building and those who want profit alike.
    Agree. It is very difficult to find some material to build the Balloonz Warz theme. Once I find it the price is so expensive.

I believe Neko and the team are taking notes on all of the replies in this thread. I am hoping they'd take action for the betterment of the community and the game moving forward. Nonetheless, this contest is pushing through for sure despite these constructive criticisms, so I can't wait to see the outcome after a world is chosen. Hopefully you choose well, Ubisoft, especially since the forum community has quite a high standard when it comes to world building - one you should already be aware of.

Please, please listen to your forum community. We are the voice of the players, and what we ask for will always be for the players and the game. Happy players are the bloodline of any game, after all.

On the other hand, Edmush and I will do our best to make a world for the contest, though given the scarcity of the blocks for balloon warz we might adjust here and there.
    Be the guiding light of people who are lost in the darkness.

Wotd Counter: 13
    Collaborated Wotd Counter: 15

Problems the forum cannot help with should be emailed to support@growtopiagame.com
    It doesn't hurt to know the rules—A Must-Read for New Forum Members!
    Your question might actually be here—FAQs Answered by Support!
    Be a forum expert—The Forum Manual!

Goodluck to everyone participating, this is actually very hype!
    IGN: Edmush
    Level: 82
    WOTDs: 25
    Growtopia since October 2013
    Forums since September 2014

Sponsored Item:
    The Gungnir (Yes, xAzureHKF is me.)

#AIRANCIENTS Guild Master

Master Sorcerer

Could any dev please help to clarify the following questions?

1. “Rule 1 - the world needs to have 3 distinct factions.” Is it necessary for the whole world including the battlefield to be themed around red, blue and green, or is having 3 small, distinct “bases” for each team sufficient (and just one large battleground)?

2. Are team buntings and pennants really necessary, or could a make-shift one be used (e.g. painted carnival pennants)

3. Are we allowed to send our world’s drafts to you guys to ask for feedback, or is that considered as cheating already? I understand that you guys are perfectly ok with that for WOTDs (to get feedback and improve it) but what about this contest?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    Goodluck to everyone participating, this is actually very hype!
    I wish you the best of luck, I already said this to Zero but I think you guys'll do great (and win, heehee). My expectations are pretty high for you two on this one. :P
    IGN: ElectroDream
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @dreamy.cy (private), @electrodreamy is dead
    WOTD count: 22
    Forumers' VIP pass: StarboardFTW.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iCultist View Post
    Could any dev please help to clarify the following questions?

1. “Rule 1 - the world needs to have 3 distinct factions.” Is it necessary for the whole world including the battlefield to be themed around red, blue and green, or is having 3 small, distinct “bases” for each team sufficient (and just one large battleground)?

2. Are team buntings and pennants really necessary, or could a make-shift one be used (e.g. painted carnival pennants)

3. Are we allowed to send our world’s drafts to you guys to ask for feedback, or is that considered as cheating already? I understand that you guys are perfectly ok with that for WOTDs (to get feedback and improve it) but what about this contest?

Thanks in advance!
    1. It is totally up to you! You don't need the whole world to be themed around these 3 Team colors but their bases should definitely be.

2. Well if you are short on a few types of blocks it is totally fine to try and find a replacement for them like the example you have mentioned. Needless to say this simply an exception for just a few areas, it's not a green light to build half of the world this way.

3. You can do that BUT please do remember that it's totally up to the Mod to provide you with feedback or not plus some of us are quite busy and might send the answer late. It might be more practical to post your world in the World Show Case Subforums and ask the community to provide you feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleg View Post
    can a world owner put a link to other world?
    also do admin of the winners world will be in the sign too ?
    No, you shouldn't place links to other worlds. Even if you do and your world wins they will be removed.
    I'm afraid at the moment we only have plans of recording the world owner name only BUT if there are like 1-2 other admins and they played a major role into building the world we might consider it.

I hope I didn't miss any unanswered questions, if I did feel free to PM in the forums with a link to your reply to answer it as well.

How do I start if no one has any Team entrances??? Also, will you still accept a world that has no entrances for each team? I'm struggling to find one of each team.
    Last edited by Farmers2168; 11-11-2018 at 10:34 AM.
    *INTRUDER ALERT*

Quote Originally Posted by GrowH View Post
    Everyone who doesn't win is gonna end up with a world with absolutely no purpose. So that's great. Could we just use world planners (and then you or someone who also gets credited will replicate it)?
    I agree this one too instead of finding unobtainable balloon warz items and does not end up losing too many world locks just for a official world of balloon warz
    *INTRUDER ALERT*

Quote Originally Posted by ElectroDream View Post
    I wish you the best of luck, I already said this to Zero but I think you guys'll do great (and win, heehee). My expectations are pretty high for you two on this one. :P
    Thank you, I hope the world we are building gonna impress you!
    IGN: Edmush
    Level: 82
    WOTDs: 25
    Growtopia since October 2013
    Forums since September 2014

Sponsored Item:
    The Gungnir (Yes, xAzureHKF is me.)

#AIRANCIENTS Guild Master