Thread: The Ubisoft off-brands/rip-offs list!

Default The Ubisoft off-brands/rip-offs list!

First, they copied Hermes. They ripped off his helmet with the Zephyr Helm. But that's not copyrighted, so that can slide.

Onto copyright violations!

Then, they ripped off Marvel's Dr. Strange TWICE with the Sorcerer's Tunic and Cloak Of Hoveration.

Then, they ripped off Marvel again by coping Squirrel Girl's tail.

Then, they ripped off Marvel again, copying the infinity gauntlet not once, but TWICE, with the Glove Of Giants and Gauntlet Of Elements.

Then they ripped off Marvel AND Death Note simultaneously at the same time, copying both Venom and Ryuk's looks for the Shadow Spirit Of The Underworld.

Now they've ripped off Transformers with the Go-Go Growformer car.

Even The Varlaak is a rip-off, which is the most obvious rip-off of them all, looking exactly like, and having an almost identical name, to the sarlacc from Return of the Jedi.

There's probably even more that I'm forgetting to mention.

Not to mention pulling ideas from other games, like the Rayman set, and the Ezio set. That's copyrighted by them though, but no points for originality here.

Come on Ubisoft, where's the originality?

Post below if you've found anymore rip-off/off-brand versions of items from your favorite movies/games!
    Last edited by Andromalius; 12-01-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromalius View Post
    First, they copied Hermes. You ripped off his helmet with the Zephyr Helm.

Then, they ripped off Marvel's Dr. Strange TWICE with the Sorcerer's Tunic and Cloak Of Hoveration.

Then, they ripped off Marvel again by coping Squirrel Girl's tail.

Then, they ripped off Marvel again, copying the infinity gauntlet not once, but TWICE, with the Glove Of Giants and Gauntlet Of Elements.

Then they ripped off Marvel AND Death Note simultaneously at the same time, copying both Venom and Ryuk's looks for the Shadow Spirit Of The Underworld.

Now they've ripped off Transformers with the Go-Go Growformer car.

Even The Varlaak is a rip-off, which is the most obvious rip-off of them all, looking exactly like, and having an almost identical name, to the sarlacc from Return of the Jedi.

There's probably even more that I'm forgetting to mention.

Not to mention pulling ideas from other games, like the Rayman set, and the Ezio set.

Come on Ubisoft, where's the originality?

Post below if you've found anymore rip-off/off-brand versions of items from your favorite movies/games!
    No way, I rather they add items from other franchises than creating items, it gives nostalgia and a nice feeling.

Would you rather an Average Dragon or A godamn night fury?
    I'm dumb.

My Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/lukassoccer.gt/

ºVideo FX
    ºBooks
    If you have some of this likes and wanna be my friend PM me or msg me in game!

Quote Originally Posted by Friedrich Nietzsche View Post
    No way, I rather they add items from other franchises than creating items, it gives nostalgia and a nice feeling.

Would you rather an Average Dragon or A godamn night fury?
    An average dragon.. Copying other people's stuff without even asking is not cool!

An average dragon.. Copying other people's stuff without even asking is not cool!
    If we follow your logic, then they copied Angel wings from Religion stories, they copied dirt from Real life, they copied fishing from an real life activity.

There's no way to create as an human, because human minds basically work from 'concepts' and 'mixing other concepts' to understand.

If we lived on a 4d dimension, then it would be different, but there's no even way to imagine how it would be. But we live on a 3rd Dimension universe and that's hpw human minds works.
    I'm dumb.

My Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/lukassoccer.gt/

ºVideo FX
    ºBooks
    If you have some of this likes and wanna be my friend PM me or msg me in game!

Quote Originally Posted by Friedrich Nietzsche View Post
    If we follow your logic, then they copied Angel wings from Religion stories, they copied dirt from Real life, they copied fishing from an real life activity.

There's no way to create as an human, because human minds basically work from 'concepts' and 'mixing other concepts' to understand.

If we lived on a 4d dimension, then it would be different, but there's no even way to imagine how it would be. But we live on a 3rd Dimension universe and that's hpw human minds works.
    We do live in a 4d dimension. The fourth dimension is time..

Anyways, copying random things from stories is fine, copying copyrighted things is NOT.

Big difference there. Pay more attention.

Lesser Wizard

Sorry to break it to you, but Ubisoft loves riding on “fair use’s” nuts.

Fair use makes it so that you can’t sue people for stuff like making fun of you on a reaction video or something. Also it makes it so you can use somebody’s idea without credit, just by not saying it was their idea. However, if the claim is that they had the idea someone would’ve sued their asscheeks off by now.

And as much as I hate Ubisoft, I’m sorry to break it to you, but this is 100% legal. However, Apple’s TOS states that you can’t have currencies/items (which could be purchased through their IAP system) that can be directly/indirectly gifted to other people, so I guess it violates that by the Ezio set and subscriptions.
    J A K E

P A U L

Don’t forget Dragon Ball
    Account created 8th March 2013

IGN :NoTrollGT
    Level : 71

MARCH 2013-DECEMBER 2018

Quote Originally Posted by SYNDICATEHD View Post
    Don’t forget Dragon Ball
    How did they rip off that one?

How did they rip off that one?