Thread: Balloon Wars sucks and here's why

Lesser Wizard

Thumbs down Balloon Wars sucks and here's why

Balloon wars is now confined to certain worlds. This is supposed to keep players who aren't interested in playing happy, and showcase the winning worlds.

I feel like this BW sucks compared to the last two. Most of the fun for me was fighting people EVERYWHERE. The fact that -almost- nowhere was safe made me feel like it was a community wide event, like the Zombie Apocolypse event, which I also enjoy greatly. The previous format of BW caused me to explore worlds I'd never normally enter, and meet people who weren't trading or farming. Most importantly, I felt like there was a reason to cash in stuff for balloons, gems for packs, and a general sense of allegiance to my team. People were letting me use their machines, just so our team could win. That's moderately selfless and one of the few times I've seen consistent selflessness in Growtopia (though the Valentines Cards are also really great.)

I feel like it's ridiculous to confine it to certain worlds just so people don't have to participate. That would be like confining geigers to one world, zombie virus to one world, fishing, etc. Ubi has taken a major, game-wide event and uprooted what it was supposed to be: Game-wide.

People complained about getting hit by balloons in every world (including me) because it was really annoying and just like we wished - they changed it

⎛⎝Deus Vult⎠⎞

Quote Originally Posted by ESTkid505HD View Post
    People complained about getting hit by balloons in every world (including me) because it was really annoying and just like we wished - they changed it
    And once again "Complains"
    REALGOPNIK
    LVL 108
    #FakeNews

Well, some of this is true. I do find balloon warz useless.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

Quote Originally Posted by REALGOPNIK View Post
    And once again "Complains"
    There really have been no updates where people don't complain

⎛⎝Deus Vult⎠⎞

The truth, i prefer old way tho,
    I might be selfish, but I speak what in my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksis St View Post
    Protects the rights of ancestral seed
    THEY BUFFED IT 2X

Quote Originally Posted by Odric View Post
    That's a really awesome item! Great work!
    Well then, add that thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Oma357 View Post
    Leone Abbacchio your back!!!

we all have different preferences so... Anyways there should be a limit to where you can play and where you can not, so this time they did good!!
    IGN:Fervors

I agree with the post, but i also agree thats its annoying to get hit. However, once youre hit and other people can see youve been, they wont waste their balloons on you anymore. The irritation is very bearable. Its more fun to not have restrictions, because i liked to visit worlds and hit people myself
    My Discord is XODozzyOX#3158, though I forgot my email, feel free to add me in case one day I recover my account

Quote Originally Posted by XODozzyOX
    •I AM A GIRL!!!•

Here's an option, make Balloon Warz an opt-in event, if you don't want to play it you don't have to and if you want to play it you just need to press a few buttons.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Couldn't they just make Bath Towel Checkpoints easier to obtain then?

*thinks of all possible exploits and loopholes from last statement

With a Washing cooldown?
    IGN: Kuishie
    WOTDs: 0/100
    Dear Fredi, please teach me how to become like you, the king of WOTD, help me bring back the glory of it. AMENNNNNNNNNNNNN
    Why was the Ultra Trophy 3000 made into some 2018 cheap knockoff? Whoever made the idea is so tasteless.

:Oh no! I hate getting infected by zombies. Please make a special worlds only for zombies.

:That would make Zombie Jammers useless.

:Guess what they did to Balloon Jammers which cost more than 6 Zombie Jammers.
    IGN: FRADM
    A fisherman who loves fishing, obviously...

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by FDMGamer View Post
    :Oh no! I hate getting infected by zombies. Please make a special worlds only for zombies.

R.I.P. Balloon jammer (2017-2018)

Lesser Knight

I agree, new Balloon Warz suck, it was 5 times more interesting to go to different worlds and fight there. It gave me joy and I loved Ballon Warz. Everyone was building their own Balloon Warz fighting worlds, without care of wasting Wls, now these all worlds are useless. There even is an item, called "Balloon jammer", it's now just a useless "trash" item with no use. I believe, all those complainments are from some 9 year olds, who don't like, when balloons are being trowed at them. As everybody says:"Ubisoft is the killer of GT"
    Level: 48
    Current goal: Getting mini you
    Dream item: nightmare devils
    Favorite colors: blue, red, purple, green
    Favorite element: fire/lightning
    Favorite anime: Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Dozzy69 View Post
    I agree with the post, but i also agree thats its annoying to get hit. However, once youre hit and other people can see youve been, they wont waste their balloons on you anymore. The irritation is very bearable. Its more fun to not have restrictions, because i liked to visit worlds and hit people myself
    The color that you get when you get hit really hurts my eyes because it's so damn bright or something. For me that is unbearable
    Quote Originally Posted by FDMGamer View Post

Zombie infections can at least be cured with antidote that is really cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Didi112 gt View Post
    I agree, new Balloon Warz suck, it was 5 times more interesting to go to different worlds and fight there. It gave me joy and I loved Ballon Warz. Everyone was building their own Balloon Warz fighting worlds, without care of wasting Wls, now these all worlds are useless. There even is an item, called "Balloon jammer", it's now just a useless "trash" item with no use. I believe, all those complainments are from some 9 year olds, who don't like, when balloons are being trowed at them. As everybody says:"Ubisoft is the killer of GT"
    It wasn't just a few '9 year olds'. Had you been on the forums when the last warz was you would've seen how many people complained how annoying it was. Balloon Warz has always been weird - people love it or hate it, there seems to be no in-between

⎛⎝Deus Vult⎠⎞