Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unjustified Ban + Addressing the mistreatment of the rest of the community.

Default Unjustified Ban + Addressing the mistreatment of the rest of the community.

Hello, my name is Link and before I start this writing, I wanted to inform you that I was suspended about 2 months ago in response to the Blue Gem Lock Duplication. This is my main motivation behind making this thread. Mainly I want my account and all my 4 years worth of hard work back in my pocket. In addition, I want to spread awareness of the mistreatment of the rest of the GT community.
    In addition, lets be real. Support is actually relatively useless (always get automated replies back that don't even apply to me), and administrators don't want to conduct a serious investigation toward my problem, and make justified judgements.

So shall we get started?

Why I was banned?
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
    Let me clear something up first. I did not abuse the BGL Glitch in any way. You may be thinking" "But if you didn't abuse it, why would they suspend your account?". Well it's honestly messed up, but I'll explain why. I was suspended (according to a Ubisoft Administrator) for "abusing glitches, selling glitched items, etc", when this is something I haven't done at all. Let me explain my side of the story. It was the morning of Tuesday, October 2nd, and as usual I would get up to check Growtopia before I headed to school. I got up that morning, and my good friend messaged me to do him a favor (muting his name for privacy reasons). I replied that I would be glad to help, since he was a nice friend and I could spare some time. Anyways, this is where it got kind of fishy. He asked if I could hold a number of dls (in the hundreds). I was surprised since I had no idea how he got those dls, where he might have possibly sold his worlds, so I decided to help him out. Still with the suspicion that he duped dls or something (before I knew about the BGL Duplication incident), I left them on my alternate account untouched and with no plans of using them. Anyways, I then proceeded to go to school that day. Later that day, after school I was at tutoring at my school, and that same friend messaged me on Instagram about the dulication glitch and said I might have got banned and he was sorry. I was furious as I spent so much time on this game, and I might have lost it due to his own abusement, NOT MINE. I still had a feeling I wouldn't be banned, since I didn't necessarily do anything bad. When I came home, and logged onto Growtopia, I was suspended forever and my devices were banned for 2 years. TOTALLY FAIR ISN'T IT?

What's my issue?
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
    Well I knew I had to do something about this, since this was totally unjustified. I decided to message NekoRei as she has been useful all these times when I had an issue. So I messaged her, and they decided to conduct an investigation. The team was on break that week, so I thought it would take like maybe a week max. However, it took over 2 weeks, and the reply I got back was totally false. I got a reply back that I was banned for duping dls, selling duped items, etc, when I could literally bet that I did not do these things. I'm pretty sure the Ubisoft team did not thoroughly check my logs and stuff, and make the correct judgement. I lost my respect for the Ubisoft staff that wouldn't apply proper measures to the situation. After all, why would I be spending all this time fighting back when I knew I did something wrong?

The main issue is that Ubisoft always tends to make mistakes. They also tend to "assume" things, like my situation, and take a wrong turn at them. If I was a youtuber or some famous person, they would obviously have a different approach at accusing me. In my opinion, I clearly do not deserve a punishment for what I supposedly did. There are tons and tons of other players conducting illegal activities which are far worse, and Ubisoft won't make assumptions there? How in the world is that fair towards the community in anyway, and towards me? Please re-think your actions Ubisoft.

Another issue, is that Ubisoft doesn't explicitly state that these situations can get you severely punished. Where does it say in the Growtopian Code that being a possible threat in glitches (which literally could be anyone) is against the rules? That is a huge factor that makes this unjustified, and you guys need to re-think what you have done to people who are clearly innocent.

What do I want?
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    I just want my account back, and my devices unbanned. I have worked very hard and been honest with my actions throughout the course of my GT career. My friends would know that I would never do such a thing (I never did, this is just mentioned to back me up), and there wouldn't really be a purpose behind these threads and effort I am putting in if I was guilty.
    Last edited by Pooffy; 12-12-2018 at 06:00 AM.
    IGN: Link

Follow me: @_Link.GT

Quote Originally Posted by @InspirationalBeing
    Sometimes change can only be embraced through action. Take action when the world needs it.

They'll probably not unban you, and just tell you that you shouldn't have took the diamond locks in the first place, but good luck on your unban. I lost my hope
    Edit : No hate I know how you feel but support is very unreasonable
    Current Status
    - Single parent of two
    - Dating
    - 67 years old
    - Professional Growtopia E-Sports player

I hope you get your account back..

I believe they just traced those items and it was traced to your account..and they banned you..

I think they would only reduce as you did hold the DLs..
    Did you know that penguins have knees?

I enjoy looking through the forums..but not playing the game...I'm weird .-.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rKang View Post
    They'll probably not unban you, and just tell you that you shouldn't have took the diamond locks in the first place, but good luck on your unban. I lost my hope
    Edit : No hate I know how you feel but support is very unreasonable
    Yeah, they tend to be unreasonable and I did learn my lesson. However, I didn't do anything morally wrong. Anyways, thanks for the good luck and good luck to you as well!

Sometimes change can only be embraced through action. Take action when the world needs it.

Stupidity in this game is one thing. Mistreatment is another.
    Slightly above average in human intellect

I totally agree with this thread! GT support and administrators are not very useful, and tend to make accusations too quick.. I'm sure you aren't the only one in the community who hasn't been punished for wrong reasons. Hopefully your account is unbanned, and best of luck!

Default @ubisoft

How can you plan to have a thriving community where there are massive injustices. Why is it that exploiting glitches is not in your rulebooks. Why do you take this case by case? Like my god, if tery found the glitch and made a youtube video about it he would actually be praised for finding a bug and bringing awareness to it. It's not fair that you judge people's intentions based on their social position. Why is it that people can get unbanned for accidentally triggering an auto-system ban. Why is it that only when a youtuber gets scammed do you replace his items. You know permanently banning a player doesn't let them learn from their mistakes it just makes them stop playing your game as a whole. Also by the way why do you expect players to stop glitching? I mean it's not in your rule book at all. So don't be surprised when occurrences like these keep popping up. You give no warning to the player for misbehaving. On top of it, it's your fault that the glitch is in the game so banning players for using it is an illogical way of thinking. Don't blame the players for a glitch you made. Like honestly take the duplicated items back of course. But when it comes to you banning the players it's so petty. The players were not discouraged to do the action. Like be the bigger person and admit for YOUR MISTAKES and stop taking it out on the community.

IGN: Lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent View Post
    How can you plan to have a thriving community where there are massive injustices. Why is it that exploiting glitches is not in your rulebooks. Why do you take this case by case? Like my god, if tery found the glitch and made a youtube video about it he would actually be praised for finding a bug and bringing awareness to it. It's not fair that you judge people's intentions based on their social position. Why is it that people can get unbanned for accidentally triggering an auto-system ban. Why is it that only when a youtuber gets scammed do you replace his items. You know permanently banning a player doesn't let them learn from their mistakes it just makes them stop playing your game as a whole. Also by the way why do you expect players to stop glitching? I mean it's not in your rule book at all. So don't be surprised when occurrences like these keep popping up. You give no warning to the player for misbehaving. On top of it, it's your fault that the glitch is in the game so banning players for using it is an illogical way of thinking. Don't blame the players for a glitch you made. Like honestly take the duplicated items back of course. But when it comes to you banning the players it's so petty. The players were not discouraged to do the action. Like be the bigger person and admit for YOUR MISTAKES and stop taking it out on the community.

IGN: Lazy
    EXACTLY! This is what they need to see. I wouldn't be surprised if they ignored this, however...

So here’s something, take it for what it’s worth.

About a year ago I lost Phoenix wings, one day they were in my backpack in the morning then in the afternoon they were gone. Idk what happened to them, so I quit, but I came back a few months ago. When I came back I sent an email to support and their reply was that they can’t investigate something if it’s been more than a week. Why is this a thing I wonder? Maybe it’s becuase they don’t store logs for longer than a week. That just an assumption, but it would kinda make sense. If they were off for a week maybe they couldn’t do a real investigation if my assumption turns out to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMedal View Post

About a year ago I lost Phoenix wings, one day they were in my backpack in the morning then in the afternoon they were gone. Idk what happened to them, so I quit, but I came back a few months ago. When I came back I sent an email to support and their reply was that they can’t investigate something if it’s been more than a week. Why is this a thing I wonder? Maybe it’s becuase they don’t store logs for longer than a week. That just an assumption, but it would kinda make sense. If they were off for a week maybe they couldn’t do a real investigation if my assumption turns out to be true.
    Maybe, but NekoRei told me they conducted an investigation and made the conclusion that I stated above. However, I am 100% sure I did not do what they stated, so I came to the conclusion that they didn't conduct a proper investigation.
    If she didn't conduct a proper investigation, it would be respectful to tell me directly instead of lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooffy View Post
    Maybe, but NekoRei told me they conducted an investigation and made the conclusion that I stated above. However, I am 100% sure I did not do what they stated, so I came to the conclusion that they didn't conduct a proper investigation.
    If she didn't conduct a proper investigation, it would be respectful to tell me directly instead of lying.
    Yeah, I’m not sure about anything at this point when it comes to logs. In both of our cases if the logs still exist we should get what we want. Idk how truthful they were to me though in their reply.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMedal View Post

Before Ubisoft owned growtopia my brother Rockefeller actually accidentally recycled his p wings. I know right what a dummy. But he emailed support and not even 24 hours later he got his item back. Fast forward and Ubisoft can't fix a single thing if their life depended on it.

Before Ubisoft owned growtopia my brother Rockefeller actually accidentally recycled his p wings. I know right what a dummy. But he emailed support and not even 24 hours later he got his item back. Fast forward and Ubisoft can't fix a single thing if their life depended on it.
    They restore recycled items? Tf
    Current Status
    - Single parent of two
    - Dating
    - 67 years old

They restore recycled items? Tf
    This was in a day and age where there was mutual respect between robsoft and the players. Oh the joy it would bring me if we still had a company that cared for their players.

Default Good luck!

Hello, my name is Link and before I start this writing, I wanted to inform you that I was suspended about 2 months ago in response to the Blue Gem Lock Duplication. This is my main motivation behind making this thread. Mainly I want my account and all my 4 years worth of hard work back in my pocket. In addition, I want to spread awareness of the mistreatment of the rest of the GT community.
    In addition, lets be real. Support is actually relatively useless (always get automated replies back that don't even apply to me), and administrators don't want to conduct a serious investigation toward my problem, and make justified judgements.

So shall we get started?

Why I was banned?
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
    Let me clear something up first. I did not abuse the BGL Glitch in any way. You may be thinking" "But if you didn't abuse it, why would they suspend your account?". Well it's honestly messed up, but I'll explain why. I was suspended (according to a Ubisoft Administrator) for "abusing glitches, selling glitched items, etc", when this is something I haven't done at all. Let me explain my side of the story. It was the morning of Tuesday, October 2nd, and as usual I would get up to check Growtopia before I headed to school. I got up that morning, and my good friend messaged me to do him a favor (muting his name for privacy reasons). I replied that I would be glad to help, since he was a nice friend and I could spare some time. Anyways, this is where it got kind of fishy. He asked if I could hold a number of dls (in the hundreds). I was surprised since I had no idea how he got those dls, where he might have possibly sold his worlds, so I decided to help him out. Still with the suspicion that he duped dls or something (before I knew about the BGL Duplication incident), I left them on my alternate account untouched and with no plans of using them. Anyways, I then proceeded to go to school that day. Later that day, after school I was at tutoring at my school, and that same friend messaged me on Instagram about the dulication glitch and said I might have got banned and he was sorry. I was furious as I spent so much time on this game, and I might have lost it due to his own abusement, NOT MINE. I still had a feeling I wouldn't be banned, since I didn't necessarily do anything bad. When I came home, and logged onto Growtopia, I was suspended forever and my devices were banned for 2 years. TOTALLY FAIR ISN'T IT?

What's my issue?
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
    Well I knew I had to do something about this, since this was totally unjustified. I decided to message NekoRei as she has been useful all these times when I had an issue. So I messaged her, and they decided to conduct an investigation. The team was on break that week, so I thought it would take like maybe a week max. However, it took over 2 weeks, and the reply I got back was totally false. I got a reply back that I was banned for duping dls, selling duped items, etc, when I could literally bet that I did not do these things. I'm pretty sure the Ubisoft team did not thoroughly check my logs and stuff, and make the correct judgement. I lost my respect for the Ubisoft staff that wouldn't apply proper measures to the situation. After all, why would I be spending all this time fighting back when I knew I did something wrong?

The main issue is that Ubisoft always tends to make mistakes. They also tend to "assume" things, like my situation, and take a wrong turn at them. If I was a youtuber or some famous person, they would obviously have a different approach at accusing me. In my opinion, I clearly do not deserve a punishment for what I supposedly did. There are tons and tons of other players conducting illegal activities which are far worse, and Ubisoft won't make assumptions there? How in the world is that fair towards the community in anyway, and towards me? Please re-think your actions Ubisoft.

Another issue, is that Ubisoft doesn't explicitly state that these situations can get you severely punished. Where does it say in the Growtopian Code that being a possible threat in glitches (which literally could be anyone) is against the rules? That is a huge factor that makes this unjustified, and you guys need to re-think what you have done to people who are clearly innocent.

What do I want?
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    I just want my account back, and my devices unbanned. I have worked very hard and been honest with my actions throughout the course of my GT career. My friends would know that I would never do such a thing (I never did, this is just mentioned to back me up), and there wouldn't really be a purpose behind these threads and effort I am putting in if I was guilty.
    I hope you get your account back, they maybe do mistakes but lets hope they will do the right thing.

This was in a day and age where there was mutual respect between robsoft and the players. Oh the joy it would bring me if we still had a company that cared for their players.
    Means they aren't strict enough
    Current Status
    - Single parent of two
    - Dating
    - 67 years old

Means they aren't strict enough
    Strict enough, or rather a sense of stronger communication?

Strict enough, or rather a sense of stronger communication?
    True, but they aren't supposed to restore items in such situations, recycling or trashing an item has a message telling you that you will lose the item
    Current Status
    - Single parent of two
    - Dating
    - 67 years old

@Ubistaff, we want a reply for this

so this is why I havent seen you on for a while. Its kinda insane tbh when they dont use beta when they obviously can but they prefer to punish players for their mistakes
    IGN: FOWL