Thread: Thoughts on Growtopia's 2018!

Default Thoughts on Growtopia's 2018!

THOUGHTS ON 2018
    The year is coming to an end, but what did this year offer to us growtopians?

I will summarize 2018 In a single thread, however, I will also rate the many things that happened this year, so without further ado, let us start with..

January

Anniversary Week
    Growtopia turned 5 years old, but what does this birthday have to offer? Well, nothing much, the 'Ultra' items seems like a neat new concept, but that's it, we still have the 'Party-In-a-Box' mechanic that's literally a SummerFest rip-off.
    It definitely wasn't like last year's, which added many new amazing features.
    - The items present are medicore at best.
    - We are still using the same mechanic that we've been using for 4 years.
    - A downgrade from last year's anniversary week.

Rayman's update, January's IOTM Update
    When we saw Rayman's teaser, who could've thought that it's this IOTM that will change the game?
    I like the riddles that were presented in this update, but shouldn't Globox shut his mouth now? Who could've guessed that an update that add 5 items can change the game drastically?
    - I like the riddles present in this update.

Gone Fishin'
    Yet, an another game changer, Fishes can now be trained In order to get cool new items, however, you can see that with every new update, there to seem to be less and less pet battle abilities added into the game..
    - A big expansion for fishing.
    - We only got 2 Battle fishes, and you can already see where pet battling is going.

February

Chinese New Year
    This update features a World Building Competition hosted by Ubisoft, and you know how these usually ends, that aside, the update itself is not that good, the ultimate prize is a Devil Wings recolor, don't we already have enough of these?
    - The Building Competition was bad.
    - The 'Ultimate Item' in this update is a devil wings recolor, Wow.

Magplant 5000, February's IOTM
    What we first seen as a new way to scam, ended up being a revolutionary change in the game, unlike Rayman, this item changed the whole farming economy, take a look at the broadcasts and you will see how popular BFGs are.

Valentine Week
    Love is in the air! Y'know what's else in the air? Valentine Dust! Valentine got changed yet again, other than that, there was nothing much, your regular Golden Heart Items, and players complaining about spending gems and not getting a GHC.
    - There were only a bunch of items added in this update, not the biggest fan of.
    March

March Update
    Robots, emojis, and the birth of the Growtopia Channel. I like the CyBots, they add a lot to building, Growmojis are a fun addition to the game too, In all honesty, I don't have a lot to say about this update.
    - CyBots are a welcomed addition to building, even if the inevitable limit ruins it.
    - Growmojis are also a good addition, I can see that people love to collect them.

St. Patrick's Week
    Paddy O'Malice stole a bunch of bland items, and we got a new BLARNEY world that use CyBots, however, we got the Giant Pot O' Gold, which is a new mechanic, so that's an extra point!
    - I dislike the new items in this update.
    - A new BLARNEY world that use the new CyBots.
    - Giant Pot O' Gold is a new feature, however, the rewards are underwhelming.

Will of the Wild, March's IOTM
    Just like the Diamond Horns, this item has multiple forms, each form offers a new ability, Water make you a little faster in well, water. Fire give you the 'Fireproof' Mod. and last but not least, Earth reward you with the ability to climb on climbing walls, I love the originality here!
    - Useful, original, even if it was not the best looking.
    - It's here where ubisoft started using these 'Mannequins' in icons, I am not really a fan of these.
    - Where's the Air Element?!

April

Easter Week
    "it's Easter in Growtopia! This year we bring you the new cooperative egg-sperience - the new Capture The Fl-egg game!" at first glance, I thought it would be a bad minigame that you have to spend 50 WLs to join, but I was wrong, It was fairly cheap, and most importantly It was fun for everyone!
    - A new Minigame that anyone can participate in due to how cheap tickets are!
    - The items added are not a lot, and they are not impressive, but you can tell that most of the work was put into the Minigame.

Guild Update
    A huge update that didn't start very well, you can now make a Guild to invite your friends to farm so you can upgrade the guild to invite even more members to farm more, got bored? You can participate in an unbalanced GrowEvents!
    - a HUGE update, which seem to improve as time pass.
    - The First Grow Event were really unbalanced.

Epoch Machine, April's IOTM
    Change your world background to a floating island, a volcano or a glacier, I can't say a lot about a weather machine, so let's move on!

May

Cinco De Mayo Week
    Mariachi Guitar starts playing, It's Cinco De Mayo, and it's packed with axolotls and fast pinatas!
    - Not much have changed since the last Cinco De Mayo.
    - Even if they were only a handful, the items here are of quality!
    - AXOLOTLS

B.O.O Update
    Battlers of the Otherworldly are hiring again, and now it's up to you to defeat a boss in order to get a single White Brick Wall, I'd be lying if I said this update didn't have variety, because it does! Riddles, PvE, and good items!
    - A new boss, even if it was a little Anti-Climatic.
    - and in order to summon said boss, you have to complete RIDDLES, I love those!
    - There's a bunch of useful items, that's surprising!

Growscan 9000, May's IOTM
    After last month's Weather Machine, we are back with an another useful item that I can't imagine my growtopian life without, Growscam 9000!
    - Is very, very useful.
    - Moment of silence for who invested in it and lost WLs..

June

Super Pineapple Party, and Raptor Legs (June's IOTM)
    Since both of these are small, I decided to combine them into one,This is definitely the best year for our exploding pineapples, and for raptor legs, they're a useful item as they can stack with other speedy mods, it also features a really nice death animation.
    - This year's Pineapple week is the best in term of item looks.
    - The raptor leg is quite useful, even if it looks ugly, the death animation is also quite nice!

Summer Clash
    A huge update that's definitely one of the best updates in growtopia, It drastically improved the Guild Events we had in April, added so many unique items that range from a crown that let everyone near dance to a bunch of amazing blocks that are sadly blocked behind a paywall.
    - A huge improvement over April's Grow Events, thanks to balancing and better rewards!
    - Features a lot of Growtopia's best items, they're unique, good-looking, and useful!

July

SummerFest, and Pack improvements
    SummerFest is here, and It's jam-packed with new items and improvements to already existing ones!
    -The items are quite a letdown especially the Phoenix Item.
    - Superhero and Sportsball pack got an UPGRADE, only if other packs can get the same treatment.

Startopia, and Mighty Tiger (July's IOTM)
    This update definitely kick things to Hyperspace, not only does this update add over 100 Items (90% of which are actually Starship machines), It also add a completely new mechanic, Star voyage! (Which is actually just a surgery rip-off)
    - A lot of new items, there's the good, the bad and the ugly.
    - A lot of the cool blocks in this update are expensive and are hard to find in good quantities.
    - Even if it's technically a surgery rip-off, Star Voyaging is actually fun!

When you take a look at the Mighty Tiger, you can see how Ubisoft are playing it safe after what happened with Magplants and Rayman, other than that, there's not a lot I can say about this IOTM.

August

Player Appreciation Week, and Cloak of Hoveration (August's IOTM)
    P.A.W, the event where player suggested items/feature get implemented, but what did we get for this year? Well, let's see!
    Day 1 - The new PC Shortcuts were very good, hoodies are one of the best items this P.A.W, Vending Machine displaying what they're currently selling is a very good addition, and the return of Old Moderator Items, easily the best day in this P.A.W.
    Day 2 - That's here everything started to fall apart, an OP necklace and an underwhelming command, and an increase to the max level, Girly items also started appearing.
    Day 3 and 4 - Even MORE girl item added, a not-so-useful Mega Growtoken, and the cursed /dab..
    Day 5 and 6 and 7 - Subscriptions that are not worth it, we got contact lenses that should've replaced Eye drops since 2017, and a bunch of cosmetic items, most of which are picked from one thread, and It's sad that Ubisoft missed the chance to use P.A.W to fix their game..

I got nothing to say about Cloak of hoveration, or any IOTM that came after it, so I will skip them.

September
    Harvest Festival
    Yet again, I don't have a lot to say about this event, Harvest Festival didn't see any new big changes since the last few years, however, some of the item were very cool like Jade Crescent Axe and the Panda set.
    Role Up!
    One of the best events this year, as it added a whole new meaning to the game by adding rewards for various activities!- Adds new bonus rewards for various activities.
    - Encourages people to start doing said activities.

Halloween Week, and Ezio's Update
    This year's Halloween was one of my favorites in term of items, and there's finally a Pineapple Guardian In GROWGANOTH, Ezio's Update was just an another IAP, not interested.

Stuff! Update
    Adds more Role Items that should've been released with the Role Up! update, took us 4 years but we finally have a brand new carnival game, It also added a handful of items to different activities, including a new ancestral item and a brand new NoTC Magic Carpet, and does anyone wonder what 'Hacker's Dialogue' is?
    - Adds additional rewards to Roles.
    - Extra prizes for completing different tasks such as Wolf World and defeating Villains
    - A new carnival game that is ruined by hackers.

November

Thanksgiving Week
    After last year's disaster, I lost hope in any upcoming Thanksgiving event, however, this year's was actually different, busting flying Turkies was surprisingly fun! - Monochromatic Items were also quite useful, the miscommunication between Ubisoft's Developers was inconsiderate - and thank god they discontinued the Building Competitions and the riddle!

Winter Clash
    Continuing what Summer Clash did, this time in 3 months with even more Guild Events!
    - As you can see, this clash is only running for 3 Months, which is a good change.
    - New Guild Events were added in this clash, such as Cooking Conquerors.
    - The Guild blocks are still expensive as they are.
    - The prizes are a downgrades from Summer's.

December

WinterFest
    Growch is back, and he is angry as ever! - This year introduce The Nutcracker, a salesman-style NPC that will trade you exclusive rewards in exchange of World Locks, some items like the Snowflake eyes and Abominable Snowman Mask are Horrendous, and the fact that we have 2 'Fusion' items just proves that we need 2 different clothing slots in the face, we have 6 WinterFest fishes, but we only get to train 1?!
    - Reducing Inflation is always welcome!
    - Some items are just horrendous, while others are absolutely gorgeous, like the adorable snow husky.
    - The Abominable Snowman set might be as bad as the jelly blocks or the Ice Skates of Winter.
    - We only got to train 1 fish out of 5 total WinterFest fishes.
    - At this point, I don't know why we still don't have 2 face slots.

Balloon Warz
    Get ready for 3 days of water-fueled warfare and unbalanced prizes! - This update is a scam, 'Balloon-Frosting War Gloves' is an item that's supposed to give you EXTRA POINTS, or at least that's what the INFO says, but in reality It's actually the only way in order to score points, the points needed in order to get points were so high that no-one was able to get it until ubisoft decided to reduce the points needed, and even then, only 5-6 growtopians managed to get OVEROLL'S Wings, and no guild was able to reach the Golden Jet Ski. The Building Competition was flawed as most of the builders had no way to get Balloon Warz items to build their worlds, and some worlds were hell to play at, Ubiballoons in mind, and thanks to that, Balloon Jammers are now useless, and there were only a handful of players in said worlds, most of which don't know how to even use the towel.

Building
    Ubisoft are capable to make growtopia's most brilliant blocks, yet, they block them behind a huge paywall, blocks are supposed to be used in huge amount but we are only rewarded with little amounts, how are we supposed to show our creativity if every build make us go bankrupt?
    Building is dead, WOTDs are a joke, everyone know that, and yet, the only thing Ubisoft did was implementing Flashback Flans, how is that item supposed to fix building?! Giving us more blocks is not wasted efforts!

I might add more, or detail it more, but till then, what do you think of 2018 as a growtopian?
    Last edited by SupForce; 12-25-2018 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Added even more stuff, yay!
    IGN: IxHeroxI
    Ooga Booga, Pensive time.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...80/QYjhVX7.gif

A bunch of useless blocks, and updates that everyone forgot about after a week. It's all based around gems, and gems are all based around farming. Growtopia should learn from Pixel Worlds, their main competitor.

Less B.S. such as fish battles, and more fun stuff that is available to every regular player. For example, a magical update introducing JUST ONE SINGLE ITEM - a magical wand. Easy as that. Make that magical wand be achievable through splicing, not some boring quests or tokens that literally no-one cares about. Make it untradeable so people actually have to splice for god's sake. This is a game about growing, and splicing stuff. Each player with duel could duel another player, for example. Successful duels would unlock new, more powerful spells.

In less than five minutes I made up something very fun. Something a lot of people can get behind, and something that will make me nod my head in admiration. Instead, they add freaking fish battles.

end_of_the_rant.exe
    Sup. I am TinyHope

I rather rewind 2017 than 2019
    IGN: INVSIBILITY - Hey you need a friend or a person to talk or anything call me up, well not all the time but I try.

Tomorrow I want to change the world,Today I became wiser to change what I began

Never Open This!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMeHow View Post
    I rather rewind 2017 than 2019
    The thing is, I didn't rewind 2019..

Changed My Forum Username to Kfbun
    IGN: MadMewMew

SUB TO KFBUN

Thanks ItsEaglet for the Avatar

TNX DEVS FOR ADDING MY SUGGESTION (Floating Speaker) , (Pet Egg) and maybe (Mud Puddle)

Growtopia 2018 is basically the year where farming yourself with your own farmable isn't a thing anymore as the entire farmable economy collapse,and wotd gets worse and worse
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Quote Originally Posted by Ranierz View Post
    Shameless advertising..

Bumperinos!

This thread is way better than YouTube rewind

Bfg rules the world should be added in mag plant para
    IGN : Aneeqz51
    Level : 67

Time is the biggest investment you will ever make

spammers evolving umm csn is same as well.. famous growtopians quit andddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddd rayman rised to a much not likely undroppable price and new flags with weird rankings, phew im done with 2018
    "I'm Always Weird, Anytime, Anywhere."

==================================================

IGN : xWeird
    Life is weird, so are you.
    Discord : xWeird#3325 | IG : xweirdgt

BUMP

Epic 2018 Bump!

I can eback to the game around August 2018 so don't expect a long paragraph
    Btw,this is my real reaction when I see it
    IGN : Verkolyn | Ziasne
    Level : 75 [Not for Ziasne]
    I fight,Yet I fight,and even though i know there's no Reward ~ Nostalgia Tactics,Nostalgia For Nothingness.

Okay Supforce very epic
    Hello friends I am Corrects and I am also a Pillar of the Community, I am a very hardworking man that sold his soul to soulely help the people from the Forums. I am an epic gamer and thats why I am kind of a big deal. Oh and, i am banned too btw

Super bump!

Lesser Wizard

Default Bumppppppppppppp

Today is the last day of the year!!! High quality post btw.
    Hi
    IGN: SnowManG0
    Goals right now:
    GET MORE WLS
    Buy a buy+ world (Done on 2/23/19)
    Get Floating Speakers by Anniversary Week 2020

yeah literally what the first guy said