Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion on earning EXP

Default Suggestion on earning EXP

I wrote a huge thread about this but I somehow managed to lose it, I even made a thread about how mad I was, but here we are, rewriting it.

Basically, the best current method of earning EXP is not the best, which is farming, it breaks down the meaning and definition of the word itself, 'Experience', when you hold down the punch button for hours, you definitely are not learning anything new, are you? How is this 'experience'? Plus, it's why autofarmers are there.

On the other hand, there are in-game activities that actually teach you something new every day, activities like surgery, cooking, startopia etc.., such activities are forgotten by the growtopia community, the only reason why they are alive is because of those routine roles and quests. Farming is boring and pointless, while those activities are FUN.

I am aware that the activities mentioned above do give EXP, but that's a small amount, my suggestion is not to kill farming, it is to just increase the amount of EXP we get from such activities, make doing surgeries/voyages/cooking the main and best way of earning EXP, let farming be useful for earning gems and massing, but not for earning EXP. At the same time, this will destroy autofarmers.

This is a game-changing suggestion and it must have a lot of flaws, so please do not just reply with 'great idea +1' but think about how could this possibly go wrong, that's why the thread's here, to discuss this.

And by the way, I'm still mad.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

Agree. TeN ChArAcTeR
    You can make everything
    Just believe...

Please support Growtopia News website

I would really like to get more xp from other activities. I only farm to get growtokens through completed life goals.
    I don't see why this would be a bad idea. Other activities are not that easy to do with autoclickers.
    Hate/love growtopia? Why not leave a review in Play Store/App Store?

Hehe,don't be mad at making a long thread,use notepad sometime, it's would help you on making huge post or thread

Anyways,your suggestions is okay no cons,so yeah....
    +1
    IGN : Verkolyn | Ziasne
    Level : 75 [Not for Ziasne]
    I fight,Yet I fight,and even though i know there's no Reward ~ Nostalgia Tactics,Nostalgia For Nothingness.

Honestly, I can't see any flaw in this, I believe it should be implemented.Anyways, are you gonna edit this thread by adding more of the article you wrote?
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."

I made a suggestion to revive most dead activities and to stabilize most unbalanced matters in the game, be sure to check it out here!

I'm sorry for your loss.
    And i also dont see any meaningful flaws and cons here.
    I suggest to cut the number of exp earned from breaking and farming by 75%.
    While buffing the exp gained from other activity.
    +10 for this suggestion
    Why are we still here?
    Just to suffer?

Just, think about it and find a flaw.
    whoever finds a major flaw first wins 1 wl.
    ~Chemmie

+1 from me, I would be tempted to try startopia if it give me more experience points.
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

I think a good way might be with : n x 10 with infinite stack.
    n being number of successful completions
    (going to use surgery as an example)

first surgery
    n=1

10 xp

5th surgery
    n=5

50 xp

1000th surgery
    n=10000xp

starts off quite slow but overtime it will be huge xp per completion. The more you do, the bigger the reward

I guess you can add extra xp for each surgery tool used and bonus xp for consecutive successful surgeries

obviously a different formula for other activities such as fishing,cooking and crime etc.

I dont do much surgeries so I cant say if that is an ideal amount of xp for the time taken and tools invested, but its better than nothing

Master Sorcerer

look at hamumu's revised xp thread.
    Growtopia is like drugs, even worse.
    IGN: Zeh
    Level: 100
    Instagram: @zeh_gt

Quote Originally Posted by Chem View Post
    Just, think about it and find a flaw.
    whoever finds a major flaw first wins 1 wl.
    Got a huge flaw, xp is mostly needed by poorer players and well most of us can't afford 100+ surg packs for a bit of xp. That's also a major reason why farming is so popular because u earn decent xp nd a steady profit and It only takes 10-15 wls to get started while surg pack are 8wls each. For me a single surgery requires atleast 2 packs because my skill fail is 30% and don't tell me "practice surg to lessen skill fail" how will we do that if we can barely afford 1 surgery? Sorry I'm poor don't hate on me because I don't even have 5wls zzzzz
    Honey, you know I'm straight?
    So is spaghetti until it gets wet

SPEECH 100

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Got a huge flaw, xp is mostly needed by poorer players and well most of us can't afford 100+ surg packs for a bit of xp. That's also a major reason why farming is so popular because u earn decent xp nd a steady profit and It only takes 10-15 wls to get started while surg pack are 8wls each. For me a single surgery requires atleast 2 packs because my skill fail is 30% and don't tell me "practice surg to lessen skill fail" how will we do that if we can barely afford 1 surgery? Sorry I'm poor don't hate on me because I don't even have 5wls zzzzz
    You can do fishing for xp.
    Its not all about surgery,read the thread again.
    Why are we still here?
    Just to suffer?

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    As I mentioned, this will not kill farming, farming would still give EXP.
    ~Chemmie

~Chemmie

~Chemmie

Quote Originally Posted by Chem View Post
    I wrote a huge thread about this but I somehow managed to lose it, I even made a thread about how mad I was, but here we are, rewriting it.

Basically, the best current method of earning EXP is not the best, which is farming, it breaks down the meaning and definition of the word itself, 'Experience', when you hold down the punch button for hours, you definitely are not learning anything new, are you? How is this 'experience'? Plus, it's why autofarmers are there.

On the other hand, there are in-game activities that actually teach you something new every day, activities like surgery, cooking, startopia etc.., such activities are forgotten by the growtopia community, the only reason why they are alive is because of those routine roles and quests. Farming is boring and pointless, while those activities are FUN.

I am aware that the activities mentioned above do give EXP, but that's a small amount, my suggestion is not to kill farming, it is to just increase the amount of EXP we get from such activities, make doing surgeries/voyages/cooking the main and best way of earning EXP, let farming be useful for earning gems and massing, but not for earning EXP. At the same time, this will destroy autofarmers.

This is a game-changing suggestion and it must have a lot of flaws, so please do not just reply with 'great idea +1' but think about how could this possibly go wrong, that's why the thread's here, to discuss this.

And by the way, I'm still mad.
    While I don't think the comparison of experience to the literal word is valid, I think, if they were to decrease costs and increase experience, this could be a valid idea.

Bump till dev reply
    Why are we still here?
    Just to suffer?

Quote Originally Posted by DreadVoidGT View Post
    Bump till dev reply
    I'll help you then.
    ~Chemmie

for fishing id say the xp should be the mass of the fish you catch

thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by GaysD View Post
    for fishing id say the xp should be the mass of the fish you catch