Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suggestion on earning EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Colmar View Post
    Abd patience, a good amount of patience

- - - Updated - - -

I do startopia for fun, and its not a good profit activity anymore
    Rocket shoes and shoulder cannon price is less than the cost of getting good mk and tools
    You're different and thats good and all but most people don't do things for a loss in profit.
    Goals-
    -A Glitched Seed World
    -Legendary Title []
    -Level 125 [105/125]
    -1,000 Pepper Farms [3/1,000]
    -1,000 Sorcerer Stone Farms [14/1,000]

Usernames that I own-
    -SLOTH

Yes! We truly need a buff for these other activities, Punching blocks with your Rayman for 3 hours Isn't really "Experience", and maybe these activities could get a "Gem Reward", meaning that instead of getting an item during Surgery/Crime/etc you get 10K Gems, this way, there will be even more ways to "Farm" that isn't tedious. But we all know what ubisoft are gonna do, they're gonna buff the values by like 10XP, Wow.
    IGN: IxHeroxI
    Ooga Booga, Pensive time.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...80/QYjhVX7.gif

Quote Originally Posted by SupForce View Post
    Yes! We truly need a buff for these other activities, Punching blocks with your Rayman for 3 hours Isn't really "Experience", and maybe these activities could get a "Gem Reward", meaning that instead of getting an item during Surgery/Crime/etc you get 10K Gems, this way, there will be even more ways to "Farm" that isn't tedious. But we all know what ubisoft are gonna do, they're gonna buff the values by like 10XP, Wow.
    Well yeah, you do have a point as well.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

~Chemmie

~Chemmie

Master Sorcerer

Yeah, there should by a new way to get exp,

Like,

Doing wolf world and earn 1k exp.

I agree of this +1

Quote Originally Posted by CowsYT View Post
    Yeah, there should by a new way to get exp,

Like,

Doing wolf world and earn 1k exp.

I agree of this +1
    Yeah, something like that.
    ~Chemmie

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryfan View Post
    Your flaw is that you aren't buffing enough stuff. I made a thread like this nine months ago, which instead of linking, I am copy and pasting into this spoiler:

Oh yeah and I should add:

Breaking a pepper tree gives 10 XP.
    Breaking a pepper tree takes about one second.
    So any activity giving less than 10XP/second hasn't been buffed enough.
    I like this list.

However, forging should be only 1000 XP, since you can do it quite quickly. Crystals should similarly be 50, 100 and 200 XP. Also, firefighting should be lowered to 10 XP per fire. Sewing is quick too, so it should only be 500 XP. Pet trainers should be 500 XP and tournament opponents should be the same. For combining, you should only receive 25 XP per stack, even if the stack is incomplete -- not 50 XP per item.

Carnival games should be raised to 100 XP. All providers should be increased to 5 XP each.
    New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com

Old calculator thread:
    http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...Calculator-Hub

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by ID: BEASTLY View Post
    I like this list.

However, forging should be only 1000 XP, since you can do it quite quickly. Crystals should similarly be 50, 100 and 200 XP. Also, firefighting should be lowered to 10 XP per fire. Sewing is quick too, so it should only be 500 XP. Pet trainers should be 500 XP and tournament opponents should be the same. For combining, you should only receive 25 XP per stack, even if the stack is incomplete -- not 50 XP per item.

Carnival games should be raised to 100 XP. All providers should be increased to 5 XP each.
    Providers, 5 exp? Way too overpowered. That's more than almost all farmables give you in EXP. [In comparison: Pepper Trees give 9 xp, and take 3 hits to break (3 xp per punch)]

I'd say 3 xp per provider punch would be more balanced. 10 XP per fire seems reasonable, Crystals should definitely be a 200 XP (very costly), and the rest I agree with. Forging I think is a bit too much xp though, maybe 500 would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by ID: BEASTLY View Post
    I like this list.

Personally I think that the price of the activity is important in judging how much XP an activity gives. If you can find a free BFG world or even a help break world with decent farmables you can basically get as much XP as you feel like getting for no world lock input. Forging requires the ring of smithing as a prerequisite and crystal smithing tools every time you do it - neither of which are cheap to obtain. Looking back, I'd actually increase the amount of XP.

For crystals, using your example you get 1000 XP for making a black crystal dragon. You can get this in less than two minutes by breaking pepper trees, which costs basically nothing. Don't forget you also have to harmonise the crystal - cheap but time consuming. Admittedly, I'd make the XP numbers 500, 1,000 and 2,500: 10,000 for one black crystal is a lot.

I admit firefighting gives too much XP, because buying a hose and building / finding a "free fire" world are all you have to do. 10 XP sounds like a fairer amount in hindsight.

Sewing is pricey enough - bolts aren't the cheapest thing in the world and the activity itself is only really profitable when you're making a new item.

Pet battling a trainer costs 5wls, not counting the price of battle pets. It's a bit high though. Maybe it should give 1,000 XP along with tournaments. It's important to remember the 10XP/second rule when balancing these things.

For combining, maybe I should say that crafting recipes that give multiple items (e.g. slime) would give the same as a single item crafted (e.g. mysterious chemical)

Yes, my 25 XP was not nearly enough on those carnival games. Again, going by 10XP/second, 200 XP sounds right. While you could potentially do carnival games in less than 20 seconds it takes serious skill to do so, and you should be rewarded.

25XP for providers was probably too high - 10 is more fair. It's what you get from harvesting a pepper tree tree.

I'm gonna repeat that the max level could easily be increased to 200 and potentially 250 to account for all this extra XP floating around.
    IGN: ShrimpBait

Surgery in Growtopia

"Domestic Techie"

Quote Originally Posted by DreadVoidGT View Post

I'm sorry for your loss.
    And i also dont see any meaningful flaws and cons here.
    I suggest to cut the number of exp earned from breaking and farming by 75%.
    While buffing the exp gained from other activity.
    +10 for this suggestion
    deeeefinitely not. to get level 125, that's a long time... most autoclickers get it so fast, but that's because their frigin hackers...

meanwhile, it takes me like 2 weeks to get from level 90-91.