Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 86

Thread: Create Supporter Milestones and rework IAP purchases

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer isla247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    614

    Default Create Supporter Milestones and rework IAP purchases

    I will receive a lot of hate on this, because of people not liking the "pay to win" aspect.

    However, there is nothing pay to win and the game itself need funds to run ad free.

    IAP purchases are not rewarding at all. There is no point in buying gems when you can easily obtain gems from farming.
    The only people i see who really benefit from buying gems are new players.

    There is nothing at all in the store which will serve me any purpose at all.

    I suggest adding Supporter milestones/tiers where buying gems and supporting the game unlock different tiers/milestones that will in return give bonus perks such as exclusive clothing and buffs.

    For example, a tier 1 supporter can have a permanent buff to getting gems by 1%, and buying more gems up to a tier 10 supporter can get a perma buff of 10% etc.

    Each tier can also come with unlocking cool clothing/skin features.
    Having something to show off other than a few extra colors and a big green wrench will be pretty cool too, just to show the world you actually support the game financially! Something exclusive that will stand out from the free to play players.

    This is just an example. Like it or not, how unfair it is to the free players blah blah, take note that the game will not be able to run without people cashing in. All free to play games thrive from in app purchases.

    EDIT: Added extra information below.

    Premium Gems!
    All gem purchases will now be credited with premium gems instead of regular gems!
    Premium gems can be shown below the regular gems count in perhaps blue?
    Premium gems can be used in place of regular gems but are unique and different from regular gems obtained from farming etc.
    Premium gems can be used to purchase special items from the store that regular gems cannot purchase!
    Example: I purchase 50$ worth of gems, and receive 500,000 gems. I can use the 500,000 premium gems to buy anything in the store, and also buy special items from a “Premium Gems” only section of the store!

    Supporter Levels/Milestones
    Every 50$ u spend on the game credit you with a new Supporter level.
    Why make it just Supporter and Super Supporter when you can unlock even further milestones to show your support for the game?
    Unlocking new milestones for more money spent will lead to receiving permanent perks/unlocking items as a reward.
    Example: Reaching Supporter lvl1 can grant 1% faster grow time. Reaching Supporter lvl2 can grant 1% faster grow time and an additional 1% chance of getting an additional gem when breaking blocks.
    This is just an example, its your job to be creative and decide on the perks, make it good to encourage and motivate IAP purchases.
    Last edited by isla247; 01-22-2019 at 04:32 AM.
    https://i.postimg.cc/d1Sr9K3f/ladies_choice_banner.png
    IGN: 1SLA
    Still I am hated, Still I am hunted

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4,769

    Default

    We already have supporter and super supporter statuses. And the premium subscription tokens do the other buffs.

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer isla247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joni2 View Post
    We already have supporter and super supporter statuses. And the premium subscription tokens do the other buffs.
    Subscription being tradable is a big no no. Doesn't give IAP purchases any meaning if I can buy subscription with wls.
    https://i.postimg.cc/d1Sr9K3f/ladies_choice_banner.png
    IGN: 1SLA
    Still I am hated, Still I am hunted

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer DavidDoesPBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    not in GULAG anymore
    Posts
    4,155

    Default

    Yes...

    Spending over 100$ on GT should permanently add
    "Hey, look at me! I've spent <insert amount of $ spent> on this game!" Text above your head
    Last edited by DavidDoesPBG; 01-13-2019 at 12:48 AM.
    Started from the bottom, now I dug even deeper!

    My latest video: A surreal GT video


    The perfect game dosen't exi...
    https://i.imgur.com/zIZ2Suw.png

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer isla247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    614

    Default

    bump! Nice to see new addition to subscriptions.

    Still think IAP purchases need a bit of a rework though :/
    https://i.postimg.cc/d1Sr9K3f/ladies_choice_banner.png
    IGN: 1SLA
    Still I am hated, Still I am hunted

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer WoodCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    🇸🇪
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDoesPBG View Post
    Yes...

    Spending over 100$ on GT should permanently add
    "I've spent <insert amount of $ spent> on this game!" Text above your head
    honestly yes lol


    Last time I checked I had: 1,827 subscribers!

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer isla247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    614

    Default

    bump! rework iap purchases as buying gems are no longer as rewarding as in the past.

    The slight increment of gems from IAP cannot target the fact that gems are so easy to obtain now due to magplant, rayman as well as cheap farmables ahem... chandeliers :/
    https://i.postimg.cc/d1Sr9K3f/ladies_choice_banner.png
    IGN: 1SLA
    Still I am hated, Still I am hunted

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Garade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Behind you.
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by isla247 View Post
    bump! rework iap purchases as buying gems are no longer as rewarding as in the past.

    The slight increment of gems from IAP cannot target the fact that gems are so easy to obtain now due to magplant, rayman as well as autofarmers ahem... 90% of the population. ahem :/
    http://www.dragonflycave.com/wpay/absol.gif
    Best thing you'll ever see


    Rare live footage of a Forumer posting


    https://media.giphy.com/media/l1IBjc...DKUM/giphy.gif
    No Hacks Required. Just possibly a game-breaking glitch.
    Keep getting hacked? Try http://www.trypap.com/

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer isla247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    614

    Default

    bump! iap purchases should be more rewarding!
    https://i.postimg.cc/d1Sr9K3f/ladies_choice_banner.png
    IGN: 1SLA
    Still I am hated, Still I am hunted

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer isla247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    614

    Default

    bump, bump, bump.

    Would love to support the game more, but there is little incentive at all.
    https://i.postimg.cc/d1Sr9K3f/ladies_choice_banner.png
    IGN: 1SLA
    Still I am hated, Still I am hunted

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer isla247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    614

    Default

    bump! Hopefully more incentives during valentine! Looking to buy some gems and support this amazing game!
    https://i.postimg.cc/d1Sr9K3f/ladies_choice_banner.png
    IGN: 1SLA
    Still I am hated, Still I am hunted

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer lukj2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    3,836

    Default

    Increasing inflation is bad for ubisoft

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer isla247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lukj2001 View Post
    Increasing inflation is bad for ubisoft
    That is why I mentioned we need different aspects other than just gems from IAP Store!
    Milestones! Achievements! Special items etc. Not going to ignore the current items in store are pretty dope like Ezio's Set and bigger wrench/different colors but there should be more updates regularly to the IAP Store!

    Players should have something exclusive for supporting the game which makes them stands out from the other players!
    Subscription is tradable, hence doesn't really show that you support the game + big wrench and a few different colors are kind of outdated. We want more!
    https://i.postimg.cc/d1Sr9K3f/ladies_choice_banner.png
    IGN: 1SLA
    Still I am hated, Still I am hunted

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer isla247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    614

    Default

    bump, added some new info to clarify things!
    https://i.postimg.cc/d1Sr9K3f/ladies_choice_banner.png
    IGN: 1SLA
    Still I am hated, Still I am hunted

  15. #15
    Lesser Wizard Malware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Growtopia
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Ok...uh..as much as i love permanent buffs and all(and ive spent over 1k on the game!) Its kinda mean....

    I support the idea of "as ypu become proer,so should your rewatds you get " and basically getting more gems as you spend more. (Like the forst timeu spend 10$ you get 125k gems,then next time u spend 10,u get 126k and stuff). But your buffs,i cant day are really...OP...but are unfair. If a pay2win REALLY stacked a bunch of buffs on him, especially seed drop chances and possoble block drop chances,well....it would allow him to farm unfarmable blocks... imagine,someone who spent so much he can farm crystal blocks! Also,if you give smaller crappier buffs...well..it gives no point to give that buff in the first place really (like the 1%chance to get one more gem).


    Also,not to be rude,but if barely anyone is replying...its a bad subject...stop bumping it :/ let it either naturally die or MAYBE give 3 bumps max.
    Let's make posts that count!

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer isla247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    Ok...uh..as much as i love permanent buffs and all(and ive spent over 1k on the game!) Its kinda mean....

    I support the idea of "as ypu become proer,so should your rewatds you get " and basically getting more gems as you spend more. (Like the forst timeu spend 10$ you get 125k gems,then next time u spend 10,u get 126k and stuff). But your buffs,i cant day are really...OP...but are unfair. If a pay2win REALLY stacked a bunch of buffs on him, especially seed drop chances and possoble block drop chances,well....it would allow him to farm unfarmable blocks... imagine,someone who spent so much he can farm crystal blocks! Also,if you give smaller crappier buffs...well..it gives no point to give that buff in the first place really (like the 1%chance to get one more gem).


    Also,not to be rude,but if barely anyone is replying...its a bad subject...stop bumping it :/ let it either naturally die or MAYBE give 3 bumps max.
    Buffs should be balanced, giving an edge to supporters over the regular player, but not overpowered. This is up to the dev team to create, not for me to decide. That's their job and I'll let their creativity do the work.

    Uhm and no, Israel built the wall in World War Z when every other country laughed at them and said no. Ended up, Israel was the only country safe from the zombie outbreak. All because nobody supports your idea does not mean it is wrong or bad.

    Bump!
    https://i.postimg.cc/d1Sr9K3f/ladies_choice_banner.png
    IGN: 1SLA
    Still I am hated, Still I am hunted

  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer isla247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    614

    Default

    bump bump bump!
    https://i.postimg.cc/d1Sr9K3f/ladies_choice_banner.png
    IGN: 1SLA
    Still I am hated, Still I am hunted

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer isla247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    614

    Default

    bump bump bump!
    https://i.postimg.cc/d1Sr9K3f/ladies_choice_banner.png
    IGN: 1SLA
    Still I am hated, Still I am hunted

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer isla247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    614

    Default

    bump bump bump
    https://i.postimg.cc/d1Sr9K3f/ladies_choice_banner.png
    IGN: 1SLA
    Still I am hated, Still I am hunted

  20. #20
    Lesser Wizard SunilB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Growtopia
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by isla247 View Post
    I will receive a lot of hate on this, because of people not liking the "pay to win" aspect.

    However, there is nothing pay to win and the game itself need funds to run ad free.

    IAP purchases are not rewarding at all. There is no point in buying gems when you can easily obtain gems from farming.
    The only people i see who really benefit from buying gems are new players.

    There is nothing at all in the store which will serve me any purpose at all.

    I suggest adding Supporter milestones/tiers where buying gems and supporting the game unlock different tiers/milestones that will in return give bonus perks such as exclusive clothing and buffs.

    For example, a tier 1 supporter can have a permanent buff to getting gems by 1%, and buying more gems up to a tier 10 supporter can get a perma buff of 10% etc.

    Each tier can also come with unlocking cool clothing/skin features.
    Having something to show off other than a few extra colors and a big green wrench will be pretty cool too, just to show the world you actually support the game financially! Something exclusive that will stand out from the free to play players.

    This is just an example. Like it or not, how unfair it is to the free players blah blah, take note that the game will not be able to run without people cashing in. All free to play games thrive from in app purchases.

    EDIT: Added extra information below.

    Premium Gems!
    All gem purchases will now be credited with premium gems instead of regular gems!
    Premium gems can be shown below the regular gems count in perhaps blue?
    Premium gems can be used in place of regular gems but are unique and different from regular gems obtained from farming etc.
    Premium gems can be used to purchase special items from the store that regular gems cannot purchase!
    Example: I purchase 50$ worth of gems, and receive 500,000 gems. I can use the 500,000 premium gems to buy anything in the store, and also buy special items from a “Premium Gems” only section of the store!

    Supporter Levels/Milestones
    Every 50$ u spend on the game credit you with a new Supporter level.
    Why make it just Supporter and Super Supporter when you can unlock even further milestones to show your support for the game?
    Unlocking new milestones for more money spent will lead to receiving permanent perks/unlocking items as a reward.
    Example: Reaching Supporter lvl1 can grant 1% faster grow time. Reaching Supporter lvl2 can grant 1% faster grow time and an additional 1% chance of getting an additional gem when breaking blocks.
    This is just an example, its your job to be creative and decide on the perks, make it good to encourage and motivate IAP purchases.
    love the concept. Hope it happens to be true.
    My name is Mellow, Marshmellow

    Player since 2013

    "Nothing is impossible because the word it self-says i'm possible"

    IGN: Marshmellow

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •