Thread: Growtopia crashes when logging in (PC)

Master Sorcerer

Default Growtopia crashes when logging in (PC)

Whenever I try to log in through PC, 9 out of 10 times I crash. The 1 time it didn't crash went normally until I had to log out and log into another account. Tried everything Phemus had said on his all known issues post, but nothing had seemed to work. I have a windows 10 PC.

Any other solutions I should try?

Edit: It's crashing all the time now, the task manager says that Growtopia's CPU usage drops to 0% a few seconds after I log in.
    2nd Edit: I temporarily solved the problem by running as the administrator, but annoying UAC prompts come up every time I run Growtopia and it still crashes occasionally. Will update again if I find the solution.
    Last edit: I kind of bypassed the UAC prompt by using Task Scheduler to whitelist Growtopia from UAC, but it still crashes half the time. I suppose this issue is kind of fixed.
    Last edited by BladeGamer; 01-12-2019 at 09:06 AM.
    ign: BladeGamer

RAM not enough? Maybe?

Edit: Was there any background program running?(Some might be interfering the application.)
    "If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is!" - Seth, Ex-developer of Growtopia
    Wheeee~~~~ I wheeeee for no reasons so don't mind me!

Alliances
    *Paarthurnax pouts at Alduin*

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Locked View Post
    RAM not enough? Maybe?

Edit: Was there any background program running?(Some might be interfering the application.)
    It only takes up about 50? mb of ram so I don't think so, also I closed all programs except for those that were running after turning on the computer.

As of now, it seems like there's a random chance of the game crashing. I spammed logging in and out, and was able to log in ranging from 0 to 6 times in a row, with the median being 2 times, before crashing.
    ign: BladeGamer

I guess you're rushing when it freezes, press to Log In and wait for a while till it turns normal. It'll either stuck there or you'll login. When you rush on Growtopia while it's freezed it will crash.

Let me know if it doesn't help or any new details.