Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rating YOUR Worlds!

Default Rating YOUR Worlds!

Yeah, that's right... I'm jumping on the bandwagon now, too. Since I love visiting and creating my own worlds, I thought it would be a fantastic idea to make my own thread based on giving feedback along with my personal opinion on your worlds. Now, I am not as harsh on worlds as most other people are, but I am entitled to my own opinion and if you choose to have your world rated by me, don't complain about the rating I give your world or something that I said. I can assure everyone that I would never intentionally try and berate anyone's creations.

However, with that said, I do have some criteria for the worlds that I will judge.

First off, your world must be strictly an adventure or a story-based world. This means no farm worlds or any of that. I will not rate these worlds so don't post them here!

Secondly, I will provide two ratings, one for the world's design (render and in-game) and the overall gameplay. If you do not want one of them judged, for example you strictly want your world to be judged based on gameplay, say so.

Lastly, I'm fine with a few pixel arts here and there, but I just don't want one of those worlds with five copied pixel arts, a cute little maze, and a hodgepodge of spikes for a parkour. Sure, you may ask for me to rate them, but I will most likely give them a lower rating.

It does help to add a RENDER of your world as well!

I'm usually busy during the week especially, but I am pretty good about staying on top of things. So, yeah, that's all you need to know about my world rating system. Don't be shy to post your world here!

Thanks,
    Lewius
    You can contact me if you have any questions or concerns, whether it be in-game or via forums. I'm commonly occupied with creating worlds and socializing with players!

Growtopia Username: Lewius

Name:  siheyuan.png
Views: 270
Size:  251.9 KB

Try SIHEYUAN. I'd read all bulletins and do all the quests (except for the last one, that one was rushed af. The letter for that one is I).
    I made a couple of errors here and there, as the story got rushed towards the end, but I think it does not affect the playability too much. It's a quest based story world, just so you know.

Also, all the pixel arts and structure things (if you count em as pixel art) are original. Yes, I do pixel art.

It has been a while since I last updated the render. I mainly took all the mannequins' clothes and all.
    IGN: MadameZ

Check mine out, i made this about 2+ years back

Name:  metr0p0lis.png
Views: 265
Size:  487.2 KB
    IGN: FeelSexy
    Previous names: ABRAKEGABRA, DrFare

19 year old from Singapore
    Pianist | Kickboxer | Business student

Quote Originally Posted by Satania View Post
    It's either RNGesus loves you or RNGesus hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by abrakegabra View Post
    Check mine out, i made this about 2+ years back

Views: 265
    I’m gona rate this part and do this in bullets, I like you personally but I treat all worlds equally like all things should be

1) Empty space
    2) a variety of blocks that do not synergize well together
    3) parkour looks ez, except last part I think

Hey, I’m just saying all of this just by looking at the render, I might be wrong

Btw I’m bored so don’t mind my grading, it’s useless anyways

Default SIHEYUAN by MadameZ

Name:  siheyuan.png
Views: 261
Size:  251.9 KB

So, in terms of design, I don't have much complaints. The way you made your buildings, your pixel arts and everything else suited the world perfectly and it made the gameplay a lot more enjoyable. However, there is quite a bit of space near the top of the world which does take away from the world's appearance. It's not like it's a huge space, though, so it didn't change my overall opinion about the design. Great job!

Design Rating: 7/10

This is what made the world so brilliant. Your storyline (even though it wasn't a suspenseful storyline) was packed with detail and I could tell you spent a lot of time focusing on this. I loved reading all of the boards because they were so well-written and intriguing. While the whole "do four quests to get the secret password" kind of objective is just a typical element in most worlds nowadays, I really admire how you made it unique. In particular, I loved how you had players return to the main quest hall/room area and turn in their quest. Brilliantly done with that. Again, your story and development of characters and dialogue was phenomenal and the actual gameplay with doing the four quests was nice. The only real thing I am going to be critical of is the fact that after a while the quests did get a bit repetitive like you mentioned they would. Also, even though the story and everything took plenty of time to read, the world still felt a little bit short/empty. Again, not something that would force me to change my opinion about the world itself. Overall, you did a fantastic job with the world's aspects of gameplay and story. Incredible work!

Gameplay Rating: 7.5/10
    Last edited by Josh289; 01-29-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    You can contact me if you have any questions or concerns, whether it be in-game or via forums. I'm commonly occupied with creating worlds and socializing with players!

Totally story/adventure world. Totally.

Name:  scatterlight.png
Views: 258
Size:  316.2 KB
    I don't play this anymore

My Youtube channel link for people looking for it
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP4...HzZ73Qv1vot_yQ

These lines are here so people won't click on the link when trying to quote

Default METR0P0LIS by DrFare

Views: 259

I'm just going to get right down into it. Overall, I personally am not the biggest fan of the design of the world. For starters, the entrance's shape and mismatched colors is just an immediate "no" from me. Also, the world looks pretty empty, especially the middle of it. Throughout the world, there was just this lack of detail and a lot of things seemed plain. Making layered worlds like you did in this case can be extremely hard to pull off, though. One thing I recommend in the future is putting wallpapers on the inside of buildings. Leaving them empty is not only logically wrong, it also just makes it seem like you were lazy. However, like I said I am not saying all these things to try and make you feel bad or anything. I just want to point out some things that I hope you can improve on in future worlds.

Design Rating: 3.5/10

Now, the story and gameplay was actually pretty decent. The story line was unique, but at the beginning when you mention everything about ions and whatnot, it carries on and it just feels like you're trying to showcase your intelligence which I'm sure isn't the case. The parkour wasn't hard, and I prefer it that way. I mean, the concept of the world was no different than most other adventure worlds, but that's alright. I at least like the fact that you developed the story throughout the world and added characters' thoughts. So in terms of story and gameplay, you're world was definitely better than the majority of other adventure worlds nowadays. Well done!

Gameplay Rating: 5.5/10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GrowH View Post
    Totally story/adventure world. Totally.

Views: 258
    I'm going to save this for a time when I have my phone with me because I am on my iPad right now and it's super laggy so even simple parkour is like hell, and I've only tried a small portion of the world (like literally just the beginning) and I immediately saved myself from an inevitable rage quit. I'll definitely try it soon, though.

ayeee thank you
    IGN: FeelSexy
    Previous names: ABRAKEGABRA, DrFare

19 year old from Singapore
    Pianist | Kickboxer | Business student

Quote Originally Posted by Satania View Post
    It's either RNGesus loves you or RNGesus hates you.

Default SCATTERLIGHT by HGrowH

Views: 237

Alright, so since you obviously didn't really focus too much on the design of the world, rather the gameplay, I'm just going to disregard the rating based on appearance. Unless, of course, you really want me to rate the design.

Design Rating: N/A

To be honest, even though I'm not the best at parkour, I still like a challenge once in a while, and this world was exactly that! For some reason, this world just hooked me in. Even though I died a hundred times on some levels, I still wanted to keep going. I'd definitely recommend this world to avid parkour-ists. With that said, though, this world is certainly not meant for people who are impatient. Overall, I really liked this world even if I didn't finish it completely... Great job!

Gameplay Rating: 8/10
    Last edited by Josh289; 01-29-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh289 View Post
    So, in terms of design, I don't have much complaints. The way you made your buildings, your pixel arts and everything else suited the world perfectly and it made the gameplay a lot more enjoyable. However, there is quite a bit of space near the top of the world which does take away from the world's appearance. It's not like it's a huge space, though, so it didn't change my overall opinion about the design. Great job!

This is what made the world so brilliant. Your storyline (even though it wasn't a suspenseful storyline) was packed with detail and I could tell you spent a lot of time focusing on this. I loved reading all of the boards because they were so well-written and intriguing. While the whole "do four quests to get the secret password" kind of objective is just a typical element in most worlds nowadays, I really admire how you made it unique. In particular, I loved how you had players return to the main quest hall/room area and turn in their quest. Brilliantly done with that. Again, your story and development of characters and dialogue was phenomenal and the actual gameplay with doing the four quests was nice. The only real thing I am going to be critical of is the fact that after a while the quests did get a bit repetitive like you mentioned they would. Also, even though the story and everything took plenty of time to read, the world still felt a little bit short/empty. Again, not something that would force me to change my opinion about the world itself. Overall, you did a fantastic job with the world's aspects of gameplay and story. Incredible work!

Gameplay Rating: 8.5/10
    Ah, thanks for the rating. For the most part, I agree with your statements.

First off, there are six quests, not four.

Just a brief comment on the design part. I get that there is empty space, but that was intentional. I do not think that worlds should be filled to the rim with things. Focusing on that just ends up cluttering worlds with unneeded content. For this world, the top right only needed Daichen the dragon. I could definitely have used the space, but I intentionally left it empty because there was nothing that needed to be added there. It's a bit of design that I picked up. If you don't need to put things in a space, don't do it!

I think it looks better empty, but that is a subject up to debate.

In the Gameplay portion, I agree with all your statements. I think a lot of the stuff was due to how rushed the world was towards the end to meet the CNY contest deadline. However, if I do have time, I would love to revisit the quest concept that I made and revamp it, except with a lot of the things improved. However, the password portion has to stay (sadly) because the amount of adventure items used for the world is at its maximum. If Ubisoft added more adventure items (or made the tomb robber cheaper), it would help a lot!

Thank you for taking the time to review this, and I wish you luck with any future worlds!
    IGN: MadameZ

https://www.growtopiagame.com/worlds/satire101.png

Obviously an old world, but I want to hear your thoughts about it.

Nobody was harmed in the making of this picture... I hope.

IGN: ElectroDream
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @electrodreamy
    WOTD count: 24

Default SATIRE101 by ElectroDream

Name:  satire101.png
Views: 249
Size:  1.80 MB

This was another classic case of a world looking far better in-game than it does on the render. No, seriously... My initial concern just by looking at the render was that it's hard to separate the ground from the castle because the block mixtures were very similar for both of them. However, once I actually visited the world it looked a whole lot better, honestly. And I'm not just referring to the whole block mixtures thing, I'm just talking about the whole world in general. Part of the reason is because the Creepy Wallpapers just look amazing. Nicely done!

Let me get into the "story" aspect of the world. To be honest, I actually liked the casual bashing on the current WOTD situation along with the sarcasm, I thought it was great banter. Anyway, I'm actually completely fine with adventure worlds not having a genuine storyline. It's at least better than most of the stuff people come up with in less than two minutes. The one thing about the whole free roam concept is that it can get a bit confusing after a while. I found myself lost plenty of times in this world, but obviously that's meant to happen. Overall, I liked the hint of humor you included in this world, it made it even more enjoyable. Great work!

Gameplay Rating: 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by ElectroDream View Post
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/worlds/satire101.png

Obviously an old world, but I want to hear your thoughts about it.
    Screw that world. If I remember right, winning is completely rng.

Quote Originally Posted by GrowH View Post
    Screw that world. If I remember right, winning is completely rng.
    No...? A part of it is 1/5 chance IMO but it can be done repeatedly... again I may have forgotten something.

Nobody was harmed in the making of this picture... I hope.

IGN: ElectroDream
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @electrodreamy
    WOTD count: 24

Rate THRONEHUNT for me, thanks.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

Quote Originally Posted by ElectroDream View Post
    No...? A part of it is 1/5 chance IMO but it can be done repeatedly... again I may have forgotten something.
    It can be done repeatedly, but every ****ing 10 minutes if you go fast

Default THRONEHUNT by Chemmie

Name:  thronehunt.png
Views: 216
Size:  519.7 KB

In my opinion, the building was alright. However, there is quite a bit of empty space. The empty space is probably the biggest downside to the world’s appearance. Another thing that sort of bothered me was the fact that you used Music Notes as the background for the cloud. The other aspects of the world, such as the castle were decent. They weren’t jaw-dropping or anything, but I still really liked them.

Design Rating: 6/10

This world’s storyline was incredibly unique. How long did it take you to come up with the idea of two brothers fighting for their chance to become the next king? I thought it was a very creative idea and it was developed very nicely throughout the world. I also admired how you kind of had a variety of different challenges as well. To be honest I don’t see many people use those climbing wall things that you use for the rope anymore, so I was extra impressed by that. All in all, I really enjoyed this world’s gameplay. More so the storyline, but like I said I liked the actual challenges and the parkour as well. Nice work!

Gameplay Rating: 8/10
    Last edited by Josh289; 01-22-2019 at 10:50 PM.

Gonna try to play these worlds when imma bored thenXD
    https://youtu.be/fzQ6gRAEoy0
    Shelter. The best animated video i've ever watched.
    o(*^▽^*)o

Would anybody else like to have me rate their worlds? Just leave the world name and a render and I'll visit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh289 View Post
    Would anybody else like to have me rate their worlds? Just leave the world name and a render and I'll visit it.
    Rate this please
    World name: VALENTINECURSE
    Name:  asset.png
Views: 176
Size:  99.1 KB
    IGN: Itachi