Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: [MERGED] Closed-threads.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzzI View Post
    How would one know whether it is duped. Ik most know it is but legit buyers?
    Everyone’s a legit buyer. It’s up to the person to decide if they wanna risk their account getting banned or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnirs View Post
    I have myself as an example. I just logged on growtopia and did notknow that there was this issue happening. I saw a super-broadcast about someone selling Thingamabob so I went to that world straight off without even knowing what was happening. As an unknowledgeable part of community, I wasn't aware that there was a DUPLICATION GLITCH happening. I bought it right away.
    This isn’t the first time a duplication glitch happened

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isneakyjr View Post
    I heard this duplication had started a week before. So what if the buyer did not know that they are buying a duplication item from the seller. So what if i accidentally sold my buy+ world for a duplicated dav wing. Will i get my buy+ world back or would i get ban for no apparent reason.
    You can email support@growtopiagame if you ever got banned for this

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    I hope that butterfly leash I bought for 1 wl wasn't duped
    hahahha lol
    Level: 121/125
    Tokens: 18
    Golden Pickaxe [✔]
    Focused Eyes [✔]

I know right? I have so much to say and ask and I have to keep making new threads because the ****ing guardians close mine. Not only have they changed the story from "Anyone who bought or sold duped items will get banned" to "Anyone who KNOWINGLY bought or duped the items will get banned", but they've shut down any attempt for us to figure out what is going on.

Also, how the hell are they supposed to know if we KNOWINGLY bought the items, or if we just got them from friends?

The ubiteam doesn't even care that most players who bought these items for like ten world locks were complete noobs just trying to be pro finally to get out of the financial hellhole that is the growtopian economic gap.

60% of players are "noobs", and are prone to buying duped items to get somewhere in the game.

20% are middle class, 200-800 world lock players who will also buy the items SOMETIMES to get richer.

And then there's the top 20% who actually duplicate the items and spread them to poor people just trying to make it in a crappy game where nobody can actually get rich without scamming or buying gems.

It's so unbelievable that Ubisoft is handling this glitch so "whatever"ly, if that makes sense.

Who's gonna get banned? People who duplicated stuff? People who bought duplicated stuff on purpose? People who bought duplicated stuff thinking they got lucky from a vend mistake? Noobs who bought duplicated stuff to actually get somewhere? Random players who got items from their friends? Random players who took the items in giveaways?

Nobody knows!

The guardians keep talking this "investigation" bs too. Yeah right, like I'm supposed to believe that a group of maybe 20 half-qualified game designers are going to properly investigate the thousands of people who came in contact with duplicated items, and the chat logs, and everything else.

Ubish*t can not handle a game like this properly.
    .suilamordnA liaH

Quote Originally Posted by Judavid View Post
    Ok so I woke up about a hour ago and reading threads but 90% are getting closed and more threads are being opened because of this.
    If you left the merged threads open then that would be at the top eliminating the need for countless threads being opened and closed.
    This is like freedom of speech being taken away, you must know people want to openly discuss any glitches.
    I mean the merged thread is nearly gone from the first page so you'll just get repeat questions about the same things over and over.

It's like oh shut up
    *Closing thread now*
    Agree. My thread is deleted for no reason
    Basic Information

My discord : FTD#0623

Quote Originally Posted by Andromalius View Post
    I know right? I have so much to say and ask and I have to keep making new threads because the ****ing guardians close mine. Not only have they changed the story from "Anyone who bought or sold duped items will get banned" to "Anyone who KNOWINGLY bought or duped the items will get banned", but they've shut down any attempt for us to figure out what is going on.

Also, how the hell are they supposed to know if we KNOWINGLY bought the items, or if we just got them from friends?

The ubiteam doesn't even care that most players who bought these items for like ten world locks were complete noobs just trying to be pro finally to get out of the financial hellhole that is the growtopian economic gap.

60% of players are "noobs", and are prone to buying duped items to get somewhere in the game.

20% are middle class, 200-800 world lock players who will also buy the items SOMETIMES to get richer.

And then there's the top 20% who actually duplicate the items and spread them to poor people just trying to make it in a crappy game where nobody can actually get rich without scamming or buying gems.

It's so unbelievable that Ubisoft is handling this glitch so "whatever"ly, if that makes sense.

Who's gonna get banned? People who duplicated stuff? People who bought duplicated stuff on purpose? People who bought duplicated stuff thinking they got lucky from a vend mistake? Noobs who bought duplicated stuff to actually get somewhere? Random players who got items from their friends? Random players who took the items in giveaways?

Nobody knows!

The guardians keep talking this "investigation" bs too. Yeah right, like I'm supposed to believe that a group of maybe 20 half-qualified game designers are going to properly investigate the thousands of people who came in contact with duplicated items, and the chat logs, and everything else.

Ubish*t can not handle a game like this properly.
    These aforementioned "investigations" sound like a joke. And even if they were thorough there's no way for them to discern players' motives unless the players explicitly stated them in the game chat. It's not like Ubisoft can read minds or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostos View Post
    I believe no guardian, even moderators stated that all people who bought dupe stuff will get banned. We keep on telling that there will be investigations.

All duped items will be removed and all those player who needs to get banned (will be banned) upon investigation. So everyone calm down please.
    Even with an "investigation" for each case if in doubt you should adhere to the rule of innocent until proven guilty. There's no way you guys can read minds and know with absolute certainty what player's motives were when buying items. Just my two cents I guess.
    IGN: Peryton

Level: 91
    HQ: CAVES
    Discord: Peryton#3621
    Guild: Caves

Joined Growtopia: July 22, 2013
    Joined forums: August 7, 2013