View Poll Results: Please ignore this poll.

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • <Answer>

    0 0%
  • <Answer>

    0 0%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 267

Thread: [OFFICIAL] Duplication discussion + Information

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Misthios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    236

    Default [OFFICIAL] Duplication discussion + Information

    Hey, all.

    Update for you, check the official announcement for more info:
    • Rayman's Fist is now unlocked.
    • All other items with the exception of 3 (Thingamabob, Phoenix Wings & Da Vinci Wings) are unlocked, as well.
    • You can now trade the items that were duplicated - only large amounts are now being targeted. See the below quote for more info.


    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Hello everyone,

    Just to be clear, the 30% of the duplicated items still exist, and you can go ahead and trade them.

    We will only tackle large amounts if we do, we will not remove additional locks with the items remaining. We already took actions against the players who traded the most from Staropi.

    We managed to remove close to 100% of the Rayman’s Fists, but we released some other items such as Valentines Week items even if we did not reach 100% because the event is starting soon.

    Last edited by Misthios; 02-07-2019 at 10:20 AM.
    Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

    Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer YoMattyGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Banned
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    Reserved for comment

    (EDITED)What happens if people who found the dupe glitch, duped ages and ages ago, hid the items on others accounts without the system/admins recognise its duped?

    What is the process of you guys removing the items and how long will this take?

    Is there compensation?

    Will there be apology weekend/week but no rollback?

    Please awnser any question you can Ubisoft.
    IGN: YoMattty
    Discord: Matty#3632
    Currently Working on GrowMarket
    My Community Server: https://discord.gg/6ZbrUvs

  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    123

    Default i agree with how ubisoft handled this...

    lol honestly i agree with how ubisoft handled the situation. it might be harsh but it will be an actual reminder that ppl shouldn't touch duped items for any reason. those who did it for fun, try to prove that you had no ill intentions to support and it should be fine. think of it this way - if there were a rollback, it would solve the situation right away but honestly this will keep repeating itself just like it had been in the past so props to ubisoft for making a statement but i hope those with no ill-intentions don't get banned

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    From EARTH, obviously!
    Posts
    2,832

    Default

    ok royal lock dude
    I LOVE GROWTOPIA

  5. #5
    Lesser Knight Metrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Reserved

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer FOWL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    Dumb logic. buying a large quantity is now an exploitation. Let me go buy 2k asteroids for a cheap price. Omg its a large amount im exploiting.
    IGN: FOWL

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer ItsKyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    951

    Default

    So im hoping i wont get a ban because as stated it says people that bought knowingly in mass amounts will be banned. And i unknowgly at the time bought a phoenic wing and a golden diaper
    “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor
    “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
    ― Ross Lynch

  8. #8
    Lesser Knight Metrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FOWL View Post
    Dumb logic. buying a large quantity is now an exploitation. Let me go buy 2k asteroids for a cheap price. Omg its a large amount im exploiting.
    I think theres a difference between buying a pair of da vinci wings to try them out, and buying 20 for 10 world locks and selling them for 10 dls.

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer ItsKyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metrix View Post
    I think theres a difference between buying a pair of da vinci wings to try them out, and buying 20 for 10 world locks and selling them for 10 dls.
    I agree with you
    “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor
    “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
    ― Ross Lynch

  10. #10
    Knight Morgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Guys whats with all the reserved? You guys were quite happy to jump on other threads and have your say.

    Mods firstly thank you for not rolling back, there are lots of people that have spent a lot of time on their accounts doing the right thing and that would have a negative impact on them.

    Secondly can we ask how far back you guys are investigating? While this has blown up today, apparently the duplication has been going on for quite some time (some have said a week, others have said longer).

    I'd also like to ask for something else that hasn't been taken into consideration in the past. Is it possible we could be given more time for Grow event given the down time of the game? Is this something that can also be considered in future when there are problems while events, carnival etc are on?

    Like others have on other threads I'd also like to ask for IP bans for those that caused the problem and any other IP address they have used on alts so they cant simply log in on their phone instead of their home wifi. It's simply not fair to everyone else they cause these problems and we don't want them in the game. Im not talking about the newbie that YouTubed it and tried it with a wl or something, Im talking about the person/people that started all of this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsKyan View Post
    So im hoping i wont get a ban because as stated it says people that bought knowingly in mass amounts will be banned. And i unknowgly at the time bought a phoenic wing and a golden diaper

    thats not mass amounts to profit off. You will be fine from what they have said above. They are talking about those that went and bought a heap of Davinci or something.

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer SnowBlizter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    501

    Default

    what about those who completed and obtained legendary items? will they get a bigger punishment because they bought those duplicated items to complete it?

    how will you know if a person duped an item? what if a person has already hoarded the items duped in the past and is still playing until this day and went online during the dupe event. how will you track the items?

    why don't you open the beta servers to test out the new features of blocks so that if any bugs/exploits are found, they can immediately fix them?

    how long is maintenance? at least an estimated time of the duration.

  12. #12
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    49

    Default

    I think making rollback will be better for devs because it takes long long time to check so many records with little amount of people to search out the dup items but first find out the root of the problem and then make a rollback. After that maybe having a double gems drop for 1 or 2 week.

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer ItsKyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgs View Post
    Guys whats with all the reserved? You guys were quite happy to jump on other threads and have your say.

    Mods firstly thank you for not rolling back, there are lots of people that have spent a lot of time on their accounts doing the right thing and that would have a negative impact on them.

    Secondly can we ask how far back you guys are investigating? While this has blown up today, apparently the duplication has been going on for quite some time (some have said a week, others have said longer).

    I'd also like to ask for something else that hasn't been taken into consideration in the past. Is it possible we could be given more time for Grow event given the down time of the game? Is this something that can also be considered in future when there are problems while events, carnival etc are on?

    Like others have on other threads I'd also like to ask for IP bans for those that caused the problem and any other IP address they have used on alts so they cant simply log in on their phone instead of their home wifi. It's simply not fair to everyone else they cause these problems and we don't want them in the game. Im not talking about the newbie that YouTubed it and tried it with a wl or something, Im talking about the person/people that started all of this.

    - - - Updated - - -




    thats not mass amounts to profit off. You will be fine from what they have said above. They are talking about those that went and bought a heap of Davinci or something.
    I really hope so, i have valentines week and the kentucky derby coming up and cant miss em.
    “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor
    “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
    ― Ross Lynch

  14. #14
    Lesser Wizard FeezleGG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    286

    Post When server is gonna be ready?

    i want to harvest my trees and bfg them i cant do that tommorow because i have school
    IGN:Feezle
    Philippines


    Life is like a game of chess
    I don't know how to play chess

  15. #15
    Knight Morgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metrix View Post
    I think theres a difference between buying a pair of da vinci wings to try them out, and buying 20 for 10 world locks and selling them for 10 dls.
    Agreed and thats what they have said above.

  16. #16
    Super Moderator Misthios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FOWL View Post
    Dumb logic. buying a large quantity is now an exploitation. Let me go buy 2k asteroids for a cheap price. Omg its a large amount im exploiting.
    Knowingly being the operative term. It'll predominantly be on a case-by-case investigation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgs View Post
    Secondly can we ask how far back you guys are investigating? While this has blown up today, apparently the duplication has been going on for quite some time (some have said a week, others have said longer).
    Personally can't say for certain right now, I'll try to find out - though I imagine they'll attempt to look back as far as they can by trying to find the origin point and go from there. If others say it's been going on for a week, we'll have to look at least that far.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgs View Post
    I'd also like to ask for something else that hasn't been taken into consideration in the past. Is it possible we could be given more time for Grow event given the down time of the game? Is this something that can also be considered in future when there are problems while events, carnival etc are on?
    Since Carnival and other events are automatic and not competitive, it's unlikely it'd happen in those cases. It's a potential for Guild Events, but I'd imagine only on a massive scale. It'll likely depend on the amount of down-time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgs View Post
    Like others have on other threads I'd also like to ask for IP bans for those that caused the problem and any other IP address they have used on alts so they cant simply log in on their phone instead of their home wifi. It's simply not fair to everyone else they cause these problems and we don't want them in the game. Im not talking about the newbie that YouTubed it and tried it with a wl or something, Im talking about the person/people that started all of this.
    The bans that are given out will likely all be IP bans - however, to my knowledge, the perpetrator has a habit of being an avid ban evader. However, newbies couldn't try the glitch - the duplication itself was contained due to it needing an item very hard to come by. It's the spreading of the rares that are the main issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizter View Post
    what about those who completed and obtained legendary items? will they get a bigger punishment because they bought those duplicated items to complete it?

    how will you know if a person duped an item? what if a person has already hoarded the items duped in the past and is still playing until this day and went online during the dupe event. how will you track the items?

    why don't you open the beta servers to test out the new features of blocks so that if any bugs/exploits are found, they can immediately fix them?

    how long is maintenance? at least an estimated time of the duration.
    Those who actually do get banned will probably all have the same, severe punishment. Though, I can't say for sure right now. A permanent ban might be on the cards.

    Players who legitimately have numerous rare items won't be banned.

    No set time for the maintenance at the moment, @growtopiagame on Twitter is likely your best source for updates.
    Last edited by Misthios; 01-19-2019 at 10:58 AM.
    Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

    Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt

  17. #17
    Knight Morgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FeezleGG View Post
    i want to harvest my trees and bfg them i cant do that tommorow because i have school
    while its an inconvenience and we all want to play surely you would rather them get it right and we don't have any further problems? I know I keep trying to log in

    Be mad at the guys who can't simply just play the game and have to screw it up for everyone else...
    Last edited by Morgs; 01-19-2019 at 09:57 AM. Reason: added

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer Aneeqz51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misthios View Post
    Knowingly being the operative term. It'll predominantly be on a case-by-case investigation.



    Personally can't say for certain right now, I'll try to find out - though I imagine they'll attempt to look back as far as they can by trying to find the origin point and go from there. If others say it's been going on for a week, we'll have to look at least that far.



    Since Carnival and other events are automatic and not competitive, it's unlikely it'd happen in those cases. It's a potential for Guild Events, but I'd imagine only on a massive scale. It'll likely depend on the amount of down-time.



    The bans that are given out will likely all be IP bans - however, to my knowledge, the perpetrator has a habit of being an avid ban evader. However, newbies couldn't try the glitch - the duplication itself was contained due to it needing an item very hard to come by. It's the spreading of the rares that are the main issue.



    Those who actually do get banned will probably all have the same, severe punishment. Though, I can't say for sure right now. A permanent ban might be on the cards.

    Players who legitimately have numerous rare items won't be banned.

    No set time for the maintenance at the moment, @growtopiagame on Twitter is likely your best source for updates.

    will buying one of every item to try them will be accountable for a ban as well
    Last edited by Misthios; 01-19-2019 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Edited quote.
    IGN : Aneeqz51
    Level : 67

    Time is the biggest investment you will ever make

  19. #19
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    41

    Default RULES are rules

    the rules of growtopia did not state that buying duplicated items is illegal.
    we, buyers, clearly abided by the rule and did not duplicate them, which is illegal in game .

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    summer!
    Posts
    1,490

    Default Let's discuss the dupe issue

    Hey there,

    Haven't played GT for a long time and I woke up today seeing everyone on Discord is on fire.
    Asked them what happened, they said duped items.
    Searched even further: "People who duped and those who bought duped items will be banned".
    I believe like half the user base bought duped items, does that mean we'll see 30K players online on peak times if half of the user base will be banned?

    By the way, a rollback imo would be the best. The economy is already destroyed, so better roll it back or everything will become unstable...

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •