View Poll Results: Please ignore this poll.

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • <Answer>

0 0%
  • <Answer>

0 0%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [OFFICIAL] Duplication discussion + Information

Quote Originally Posted by GlimmerShot View Post
    the rules of growtopia did not state that buying duplicated items is illegal.
    we, buyers, clearly abided by the rule and did not duplicate them, which is illegal in game .
    However you exploited a glitch by the tone of your post, and as said many times the rules within growtopia DO NOT APPLY for every situation, new enforcible, "common" laws are made after each incident.
    http://www.dragonflycave.com/wpay/absol.gif
    Best thing you'll ever see

Rare live footage of a Forumer posting

https://media.giphy.com/media/l1IBjc...DKUM/giphy.gif
    No Hacks Required. Just possibly a game-breaking glitch.
    Keep getting hacked? Try http://www.trypap.com/

we, buyers, clearly abided by the rule and did not duplicate them, which is illegal in game .
    "Players that harmful to the community may be banned. This includes accounts that use lies, fake games, or trickery to mistreat other players."

You may not banned but panicking already. Be patient and wait for results.

Lesser Wizard

But, if you intentionally buy items that have been duplicated to make a big profit, that means you support hackers (giving them a chance to profit too)

Buying items that have been duplicated can also mean hiding something illegal, making it difficult for the moderator / administrator to deal with this issue

And also, there is no plan to rollback does not mean there will be no rollback. if this issue is related to a DDOS attack a few days ago, what will happen?

YOU CAN PLAY GT NOW, SERVER IS UP ALREADY JK LOL
    Last edited by Orient Darirachman; 01-19-2019 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Adding question
    Get, giving, get, giving

YOU JUST WASTING YOUR TIME LOOKING AT MY SIGNATURE LOL
    (01 January 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by ByteCode View Post
    "Players that harmful to the community may be banned. This includes accounts that use lies, fake games, or trickery to mistreat other players."

You may not banned but panicking already. Be patient and wait for results.
    Lol he made legendary bot with dupli items
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT

Will there be answers to my post (its the very first post under OP)
    IGN: YoMattty
    Discord: Matty#3632
    Currently Working on GrowMarket

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    Hey there,

Haven't played GT for a long time and I woke up today seeing everyone on Discord is on fire.
    Asked them what happened, they said duped items.
    Searched even further: "People who duped and those who bought duped items will be banned".
    I believe like half the user base bought duped items, does that mean we'll see 30K players online on peak times if half of the user base will be banned?

By the way, a rollback imo would be the best. The economy is already destroyed, so better roll it back or everything will become unstable...
    The economy won't be destroyed when rare items are still rare and realistically if they ban the ones that started it the items will be even rarer. They said they are trying to undo the trades so people that purchased them will get world locks back but lose the rare items. Probably the fairest thing to do imo is what they are doing as if they roll back all those that were doing the right thing and working hard on their accounts or doing grow event will lose what they achieved. They may also have to roll back before Grow event started and that would suck to those that poured hours and hours into it.

That being said it will suck for those that sold their real items in the price crash cause they panicked...

Quote Originally Posted by YoMattyGT View Post
    Reserved for comment

(EDITED)What happens if people who found the dupe glitch, duped ages and ages ago, hid the items on others accounts without the system/admins recognise its duped?

What is the process of you guys removing the items and how long will this take?

Is there compensation?

Will there be apology weekend/week but no rollback?

Please awnser any question you can Ubisoft.
    As stated in the OP there's no current ETA for the process. No, I don't believe there are currently any plans for an apology weekend as that's normally after a rollback - a double gem day will occur, though. I can't accurately answer developer questions. I'll try to get a developer to look over this thread later, however, I think their time is best spent on maintenance at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    Hey there,

Haven't played GT for a long time and I woke up today seeing everyone on Discord is on fire.
    Asked them what happened, they said duped items.
    Searched even further: "People who duped and those who bought duped items will be banned".
    I believe like half the user base bought duped items, does that mean we'll see 30K players online on peak times if half of the user base will be banned?

By the way, a rollback imo would be the best. The economy is already destroyed, so better roll it back or everything will become unstable...
    Rollback has already been denied by the developers - it's not something they want to do. A lot of people are pushing for it, a lot of people are against it. Ultimately they're planning to solve it manually as to not lose thousands of innocent players' progress.
    Last edited by Misthios; 01-19-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt

Quote Originally Posted by Misthios View Post

Thanks Misthios for the reply, really appreciate it. I was told by others they duplicated everything from Exquisite and Pristine Rods and stuff to prepare for Vantines to wl and dl though? Obviously can only go on what they said but maybe the devs could look a little further out then just rare items?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didi112 gt View Post
    Welp, the duplication glitch again. Diamond dragons were around 10 wls each, Phoenix wings costed only few dls, etc. Nobody learns the thing, that if you are buying/selling these duplicated items, you'll get banned. Now, everyone, who was involved in this "thing" will get banned. Welp, I have to say nothing about myself, because I wasn't even online, when that happened, I was peacefully watching Naruto. I even wouldn't want to trade items few days after fixing, god knows, if that problem will be fixed fully.
    Its apparently been happening for over a week....

Guild event needs more time for sure. Fishing event takes hours and hours and we have members who need full #25 tokens and we aren't even half way from there. This mess can't just ruin those players chances to get enough tokens for l branch, who need it. So, do we get compensation time? And no, we don't want one more event, cause half of guild used already so much to make their minimum contribution, and if we get one more event, that means that they need use double wls/gems, cause our guild participate in every single event. And if only those contri, who didn't contri yet in this, then we can't reach #25 in 2 events, if we get one more event as a compensate. So this can not fix by making one event longer season. So we need extended time for this event. Only fair solution for noob guild as mine guild is.

Another thing, guild potions cost and are hard to earn. I used guild potion maybe 1h before servers went maintenance. Can i get a new potion?

Peasant

Default I don't know what's gonna happen to me... Am I gonna get banned?

I just game back to Growtopia last night after taking a year away from the game and this morning I saw that pwings were only like 100-250 wls... I haven't played for ages so I assumed it just took a huge hit because more were introduced or something (like the Cosmic cape situation back in the day). So I bought one. After seeing a few SBs that it was a glitch I just thought that with one this big, there was bound to be a rollback... So I went around to different worlds saying hi to people. Then, a dude offered me like 2 dls for the pwings... He wanted them and I told him that there would probably be a rollback anyways (I had no ill intentions in saying that) And sold it to him. After this, I decided to use some of those dls/wls to try out the new items, so I went and bought the new ravens in buyodin... Am I gonna get banned?

thank you for info

Master Sorcerer

Buying in bulk is not equal to knowing... buying rares u know is worth a heck alot of dls for a few dls is knowing.
    Some people might have done some items not as obvious as the rares.
    Say if someone bought stitches 3/1 or other items in a lager amount just cuz its cheap how the heck could they know these where from an exploit in the system?
    You might punish unknowing players this way... many players go to worlds and find all kind of items that others with maybe not known worlds sell cheaper that others with famous worlds can sell for higher. They might then buy alot of em WITHOUT knowing...
    IGN:BlueBuzz
    LvL:125

What if there are some people that gets to keep a duped item or at least the profit from those items somewhat or someway? I mean, they surely can't track 100% of those items right?

Also, it's fine if we only "tried" to buy one duped/glitched item right? I tried to buy one pwing earlier knowingly it's a duped/glitched item. I mean, we were (not just me) expecting a rollback since this is a huge "event" lol. Hope I won't get banned for this, I wasn't even able to buy one and at least get a screenshot. I crie.
    I like pet burritos. I would greatly appreciate it if you'd give me one

Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Guild event needs more time for sure. Fishing event takes hours and hours and we have members who need full #25 tokens and we aren't even half way from there. This mess can't just ruin those players chances to get enough tokens for l branch, who need it. So, do we get compensation time? And no, we don't want one more event, cause half of guild used already so much to make their minimum contribution, and if we get one more event, that means that they need use double wls/gems, cause our guild participate in every single event. And if only those contri, who didn't contri yet in this, then we can't reach #25 in 2 events, if we get one more event as a compensate. So this can not fix by making one event longer season. So we need extended time for this event. Only fair solution for noob guild as mine guild is.

Another thing, guild potions cost and are hard to earn. I used guild potion maybe 1h before servers went maintenance. Can i get a new potion?
    Oh wow, I hope you get your potion back or extended....

I asked for extra time for event as well but I think it should be longer then just how long the servers are down for. For some it would cut into normal waking hours etc and depending on down time it may not help individuals. Like if the servers are down for 6hrs they add 6hrs back on then that may be the middle of the night and not help yet those asleep through that time won't be affected...

Quote Originally Posted by Felfire View Post
    I just game back to Growtopia last night after taking a year away from the game and this morning I saw that pwings were only like 100-250 wls... I haven't played for ages so I assumed it just took a huge hit because more were introduced or something (like the Cosmic cape situation back in the day). So I bought one. After seeing a few SBs that it was a glitch I just thought that with one this big, there was bound to be a rollback... So I went around to different worlds saying hi to people. Then, a dude offered me like 2 dls for the pwings... He wanted them and I told him that there would probably be a rollback anyways (I had no ill intentions in saying that) And sold it to him. After this, I decided to use some of those dls/wls to try out the new items, so I went and bought the new ravens in buyodin... Am I gonna get banned?
    Mods see your logs and see that you haven't been online in a year before this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs View Post
    Thanks Misthios for the reply, really appreciate it. I was told by others they duplicated everything from Exquisite and Pristine Rods and stuff to prepare for Vantines to wl and dl though? Obviously can only go on what they said but maybe the devs could look a little further out then just rare items?

- - - Updated - - -

Its apparently been happening for over a week....
    This probably happened for a long time already but only got leaked today. What you said is true, almost everything got duped not just the rare ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Orient Darirachman View Post

YOU CAN PLAY GT NOW, SERVER IS UP ALREADY JK LOL

Still can't log in?

Lesser Wizard

Still can't log in?
    Name:  jk lol.png
Views: 511
Size:  27.7 KB

Also, information for Admin/Moderator. an Instagram tells you how to do the glitch. The name is Nexica_gt
    Get, giving, get, giving

YOU JUST WASTING YOUR TIME LOOKING AT MY SIGNATURE LOL
    (01 January 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post

I think you could ask support for that, but I suggest to ask it once the servers are up. I do have a feeling it would be very delayed as many will have this issue - which will make support be bombarded with support tickets. They're are already behind with tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by HatedByLife View Post
    What if there are some people that gets to keep a duped item or at least the profit from those items somewhat or someway? I mean, they surely can't track 100% of those items right?

Also, it's fine if we only "tried" to buy one duped/glitched item right? I tried to buy one pwing earlier knowingly it's a duped/glitched item. I mean, we were (not just me) expecting a rollback since this is a huge "event" lol. Hope I won't get banned for this, I wasn't even able to buy one and at least get a screenshot. I crie.
    I don't think buying 1 will affect, but if you sell it for a higher price than what you bought it for is.
    Oh wow, I hope you get your potion back or extended....

I asked for extra time for event as well but I think it should be longer then just how long the servers are down for. For some it would cut into normal waking hours etc and depending on down time it may not help individuals. Like if the servers are down for 6hrs they add 6hrs back on then that may be the middle of the night and not help yet those asleep through that time won't be affected...
    They may probably do something about this, let's just wait until the servers are up.
    Last edited by Misthios; 01-19-2019 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Quoted a deleted post spreading misinformation.
    Unofficial Growtopia Trailer 4 below!

In-Game Name: Viju
    Content Moderator at Growtopia Wikia since November 23, 2018
    Discord Tag: Viju#7557
    Former Forum Name: Mijuki04
    IG: @onlinepricechecker

Quote Originally Posted by Mijuki04 View Post

I don't think buying 1 will affect, but if you sell it for a higher price than what you bought it for is.
    Now I feel relieved. I didn't even get to buy one.