View Poll Results: Please ignore this poll.

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • <Answer>

0 0%
  • <Answer>

0 0%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [OFFICIAL] Duplication discussion + Information

Quote Originally Posted by FOWL View Post
    Dumb logic. buying a large quantity is now an exploitation. Let me go buy 2k asteroids for a cheap price. Omg its a large amount im exploiting.
    Eheheheheheheheheheheh read first, its the duped item not the normal item and first it says "knowingly" there's the difference about buying large quantity for reasonable price and no reasonable price (prob duped items), or maybe you buy the duped items for large quantity try to sell it higher eh ? and u dont want to get banned

Items could have been easily duped for legendary quests and many could have completed them, or untradeable items could have been made with duped ingredients such as a Legendary Wizard or even people could have duped exquisite anamarods, etc. for tons of points. How will such exploitation be found?
    IGN: Tycan
    Discord: Tycan#0745
    PSN IG: Tycan_x
    Level 118
    (ง'̀-'́)ง

Quote Originally Posted by mathiglia View Post
    Buying in bulk is not equal to knowing... buying rares u know is worth a heck alot of dls for a few dls is knowing.
    Some people might have done some items not as obvious as the rares.
    Say if someone bought stitches 3/1 or other items in a lager amount just cuz its cheap how the heck could they know these where from an exploit in the system?
    You might punish unknowing players this way... many players go to worlds and find all kind of items that others with maybe not known worlds sell cheaper that others with famous worlds can sell for higher. They might then buy alot of em WITHOUT knowing...
    By mass amounts of items, it solely means the duplicated items. These were all big ticket rares such as Phoenix Wings and Thingamabobs. No punishments will be given to players buying items not related to the dupe in bulk.

The duplication required the use of an item that VERY few people have access to, so it wasn't a wide-spread duplication where people duplicated everything and anything - luckily it was contained to a select few.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycan View Post
    Items could have been easily duped for legendary quests and many could have completed them, or untradeable items could have been made with duped ingredients such as a Legendary Wizard or even people could have duped exquisite anamarods, etc. for tons of points. How will such exploitation be found?
    I've heard rumors of exquisite items being on the list of duped items - I passed that information along.
    Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt

Quote Originally Posted by Orient Darirachman View Post
    Ugh not funny, I need my fix!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Misthios View Post
    By mass amounts of items, it solely means the duplicated items. These were all big ticket rares such as Phoenix Wings and Thingamabobs. No punishments will be given to players buying items not related to the dupe in bulk.
    What if some people actually duped the stitches? or even farmable seeds?
    I like pet burritos. I would greatly appreciate it if you'd give me one

Peasant

Quote Originally Posted by Felfire View Post
    I just game back to Growtopia last night after taking a year away from the game and this morning I saw that pwings were only like 100-250 wls... I haven't played for ages so I assumed it just took a huge hit because more were introduced or something (like the Cosmic cape situation back in the day). So I bought one. After seeing a few SBs that it was a glitch I just thought that with one this big, there was bound to be a rollback... So I went around to different worlds saying hi to people. Then, a dude offered me like 2 dls for the pwings... He wanted them and I told him that there would probably be a rollback anyways (I had no ill intentions in saying that) And sold it to him. After this, I decided to use some of those dls/wls to try out the new items, so I went and bought the new ravens in buyodin... Am I gonna get banned?

Could I please get a response from a Master sorcerer, Administrator, etc..? I'm getting a bit scared...

Hope the server come back sooner, and also I'm still worried if I bought some duped items I might get ban !
    4 hours and idk minutes till server died

To be punished or to be not, may God bestow upon us.

I shall commit reveal the truth now, Don't kill innocent guys to be honest, ban TOXIC people instead.

IGN:

Quote Originally Posted by HyperPepz1 View Post
    Hope the server come back sooner, and also I'm still worried if I bought some duped items I might get ban !
    Well.. if you bought a lot of them. They will consider it as an "exploitation".

Gaming News:
    >GT loses half of its playerbase in just one day!
    I like pet burritos. I would greatly appreciate it if you'd give me one

Quote Originally Posted by Felfire View Post
    Could I please get a response from a Master sorcerer, Administrator, etc..? I'm getting a bit scared...
    Buying duped items will get you ban nor punishments, For me you have only a small chance of ban....or mabye small change of unbanned

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HatedByLife View Post
    Well.. if you bought a lot of them. They will consider it as an "exploitation".

Gaming News:
    >GT loses half of its playerbase in just one day!
    Since the glitch started last week, I bought many items and what if I bought some duped items I'm scared. I don't even know there's one on my inventory that I didn know.... I'm dead

I shall commit reveal the truth now, Don't kill innocent guys to be honest, ban TOXIC people instead.

IGN:

When uh, for example, a person bought duped pwings for 2dls, without knowing it's duped, and later selling it for 3dls, will the person get banned?
    Have some Chocolate to make your day better! 🍫

Sometimes..i just wonder..what if..what if memes..were a currency..But then you realize that you're from Europe.

Stupidity has no limits

Cat memes and Dank memes are the best. Don't @ me

Quote Originally Posted by Orient Darirachman View Post
    But, if you intentionally buy items that have been duplicated to make a big profit, that means you support hackers (giving them a chance to profit too)

Buying items that have been duplicated can also mean hiding something illegal, making it difficult for the moderator / administrator to deal with this issue

And also, there is no plan to rollback does not mean there will be no rollback. if this issue is related to a DDOS attack a few days ago, what will happen?

YOU CAN PLAY GT NOW, SERVER IS UP ALREADY JK LOL
    Damnit when I saw the "JKLOL" I died

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stupido View Post
    When uh, for example, a person bought duped pwings for 2dls, without knowing it's duped, and later selling it for 3dls, will the person get banned?
    Mabye

IGN:

Quote Originally Posted by HyperPepz1 View Post
    They can see your logs. It's reasonable if you haven't been online for a year to not know prices etc. If you get banned just contact support and explain what happened, they are normally pretty reasonable although you might need to wait a little, they will be swamped

- - - Updated - - -

Guys come on. They aren't here to give us a hard time or ban us, they are just trying to fix the game for us. If you have genuinely not done anything wrong and you get banned then send them an email. They are trying to get to the bottom of the situation and get rid of those that started it and were scamming for profit etc. this should be a good thing for us...

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs View Post
    They can see your logs. It's reasonable if you haven't been online for a year to not know prices etc. If you get banned just contact support and explain what happened, they are normally pretty reasonable although you might need to wait a little, they will be swamped
    I'll have to try if my account gets ban, I have to contact support and they might not trust what I say because I got no proof and idk what to say .

IGN:

Idk a rollback is more convinent to me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirito, Sao Abridged View Post
    Shoot for the stars! It'll make it more fun when I kick you back into the dirt.
    I am an Editor for Growtopia Wiki

Guide to lazy profiting here

Squire

Quote Originally Posted by FOWL View Post
    Dumb logic. buying a large quantity is now an exploitation. Let me go buy 2k asteroids for a cheap price. Omg its a large amount im exploiting.
    Exactly why we should find the bug fix and then rollback
    Subscribe to Discollife on YouTube and I'll keep you up to date with whatever happens in gt

One thing you guys aren't considering is the fact that some people will buy a lot of duplicated items just to be able to screenshot it and show their friends, not to sell them and hurt the economy.

Simply taking the items away is the best way to deal with the situation. It's a 50/50 chance people were stocking up to get rich or just wanting to seem like big shots.

Honestly, I'm only upset because my friend bought Phoenix Wings from a vend for 160 wls because he thought the owner meant to put it as 160 dls.

I really hope my friend won't be banned..
    .suilamordnA liaH

Quote Originally Posted by Andromalius View Post
    One thing you guys aren't considering is the fact that some people will buy a lot of duplicated items just to be able to screenshot it and show their friends, not to sell them and hurt the economy.

Simply taking the items away is the best way to deal with the situation. It's a 50/50 chance people were stocking up to get rich or just wanting to seem like big shots.

Honestly, I'm only upset because my friend bought Phoenix Wings from a vend for 160 wls because he thought the owner meant to put it as 160 dls.

I really hope my friend won't be banned..
    They said earlier they are after the big fish, those that started it and those that did it or mass purchased rare items for profit. Your friend should be fine. He will probably lose the wings but should get his wl back

There's a lot of time that item successfully duped.. It sometimes getting out of hand and when the dev notice it, they remove the item from that said inventory

BUT
    Please don't mess with those who did not even know that the dupe glitch happen (Im one of this guy).. this happens a lot and people lost ton of stuff even though they are innocent

MY ENGLISH IS BAD BROKEN AND HORRIBLE..

This is copied from my thread
    I might be selfish, but I speak what in my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksis St View Post
    Protects the rights of ancestral seed
    THEY BUFFED IT 2X

Quote Originally Posted by Odric View Post
    That's a really awesome item! Great work!
    Well then, add that thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Oma357 View Post
    Leone Abbacchio your back!!!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by iGloomyy View Post
    Eheheheheheheheheheheh read first, its the duped item not the normal item and first it says "knowingly" there's the difference about buying large quantity for reasonable price and no reasonable price (prob duped items), or maybe you buy the duped items for large quantity try to sell it higher eh ? and u dont want to get banned
    you sound stupid. Duped or not duped it’s still a prime example. lmao and buying pwings for 10 wls far beyond a reasonable price😂. I barely play this game anymore so if you wanna jump into assumptions go ahead
    IGN: FOWL

So when all of you ignorants were bought in trade world or seeing Multiple SBs selling insanely cheap wings, have you doing self aware?
    to not eat the bait with the risk u might got catched.

i saw only few players having self awareness
    and keeps remind their colleagues to not buy in crowded trade worlds.. what about other?
    NO Fukg Given, they only lurking around for 2-3DLS
    PWING sellers. Why so?
    was it because the reminder chat from kind topians blocked?
    Why they still enthusiast hunting those!?
    Its because few Arsehorses told them no rollback.
    That means It safe! maybe they hope they can hid
    the pwing and still making safe n sound.

So do i with friends /subs catching up with me
    just to ask my opinion about this glitch.
    IGN. : (Peasant Must not Speak)

LVL : Doesn't Matter

Weigh class : GT Series videos maker

Type Class : Troll Creator