Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My WOTD rant...

Default My WOTD rant...

Yeah, you guys all know what this is going to be about. I know some of the things I’m going to point out have already been mentioned before, but clearly they aren’t being considered. I’ve just about had it now, in fact it’s been this way with me for a while now. But seriously, these last few selections have officially pushed me over the edge.

Before I get into this, I do not mean to offend anybody in any way, shape or form. I apologize if I do so, but I can assure you it’s not my goal and I have no ill-intentions.

So, I’ve been a world builder for a long time now. Would I consider myself good? No, absolutely not. But the thing is, I know what a good world should look like (in terms of WOTD) and I also know that there are some things that just cannot be accepted. Like, for example, literally taking pixel arts directly from the internet, putting them in your world and then making some random configuration of spikes revolving around he pixel art in the space of no more than ten minutes, then submitting your “masterpiece.” Now, I myself have been guilty of copying pixel arts. I’ll admit that. I’ve also copied some designs from Techy, I’ll admit that, too. But that was a while ago and I’ve changed now. Now I create worlds fully by myself without using anybody else’s designs for inspiration. But even in those worlds where I used one or two designs or a pixel art that wasn’t my own, the rest of the world was built fully by myself with genuine effort. I probably spend an average of about three months making a single world. But you know how long it takes the people who copy a pixel art from the internet and make some half-ass parkour and win WOTD instantly? Pfft, I could do that in 2 hours. That’s absolutely pathetic.

The thing is, whoever chooses the WOTDS, stop picking every single world with a little parkour or maze and a pixel art in it. That’s literally ALL you choose! Choose other worlds without a pixel art once in a while, ones with well-developed storylines and detailed building. I swear it won’t hurt anyone...

If you want some prime examples of some worlds that epitomize everything wrong with the current WOTDS, here’s a list of them...

-TURTLEPARKOUR
    -HOWLERJUMP
    -MINUM
    -5555555555555 (name was changed to this)

Again, I apologize for saying some of these things that might potentially offend some people, but I just have to say it. I know everyone else has similar opinions, too. I’m normally a very civilized and polite person, especially here on the forums. Anyway, for those of you who took the time to read this, thank you.

Oh, and if any staff members are reading this, head to the thread Chem created (with a bit of my help) in the Suggestion Box called the WOTD Selection Team. This is one possible solution to the many problems existing in the WOTD system at the moment.

Thanks,
    Lewius
    You can contact me if you have any questions or concerns, whether it be in-game or via forums. I'm commonly occupied with creating worlds and socializing with players!

Growtopia Username: Lewius

Simple solution: the team should make it public that worlds with copied arts and basic parkours are no longer accepted, and if a world needs to remain as WOTD for a few days given there are no others to select from, it is better good than harm.

Quote Originally Posted by LyveWyre View Post
    Simple solution: the team should make it public that worlds with copied arts and basic parkours are no longer accepted, and if a world needs to remain as WOTD for a few days given there are no others to select from, it is better good than harm.
    I agree, but the thing is, there are plenty of very decent worlds to choose from. I look at the nominations that come in every single day and I’ve seen countless worlds that should have won, but they are just ignored because apparently some other effortless parkour is a whole lot better.
    You can contact me if you have any questions or concerns, whether it be in-game or via forums. I'm commonly occupied with creating worlds and socializing with players!

This is one of the things that I think ubisoft should have somewhere on the top on their priority list. I actually made a similar thread about this where I focused on changing it to World Of Two/three days, heh I guess even of the week. My thought was that the quality of the worlds would increase, but I must admit. I had a look at the worlds recently posted, and some actually looked really good. It just looks like one dude at the ubisoft office has his tasks to do, aswell as picking a world for the day. This guy, isn’t experienced with worlds in-game whatsoever, and basically picks the worlds because of how it much it catches your attention, how ”good” it looks from an outstander perspective. Pixelarts are really good for doing this specific thing, which makes it unfair for the rest of the builders, who created and planned their own ideas, instead of taking others’. It’s so bad, that I’ve literally heard about people either copying some big pixelart during some hour, to then post the WHOLE world within a day or two, or just buying a finished pixelart for around 20 wls. What’s the next step? Welp, the 2018 trophy is worth over 5 dls now, aswell as the world with the WOTD title worth about a DL. What should someone who spends over a hundred hours into one world say about this? Yes, things are unfair, but if you have the control to make it fair, why not just do that?
    Something needs to be done about this.
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    I’m just a guy who loves to build worlds!
    16 WOTDs and counting...
    Creator of the Swedish Start world.

I know the feeling dude. Sadly, all we have to do is hope for the better changes. As the mods stated that pixel arts will be valid as long as theyre giving credits which is nowadays, thats not really the case and its sad.

From the nomination thread itself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    - Vend worlds, Storage and Pixel Art only worlds will not be considered.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

Hmm, if this "minum" world won wotd, well no offense to creator but it looks same as many parkour, nothing different, not really much effort into it. I'm sort of sad about this.
    My channel : Alper04
    In-game name : Alper04pro

Goals:
    * 2 magplants 0/2
    * Focused eyes 28/100
    * Dragon of legend 0/1 (this will take forever...)

If you post your world more than once, you'll get disqualified. Then the world that is not WOTD worthy will be chosen.
    IGN: MrStreak

Quote Originally Posted by MrStreak View Post
    If you post your world more than once, you'll get disqualified. Then the world that is not WOTD worthy will be chosen.
    They don’t even care about that anymore. Which I am actually fine with, I think that the one-post-only policy is unfair. Also, you’re guilty of posting more than once, I’ve seen you post quite a bit as well so you can’t be talking.

Just kidding, but seriously nobody cares about that rule anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh289 View Post
    They don’t even care about that anymore. Which I am actually fine with, I think that the one-post-only policy is unfair. Also, you’re guilty of posting more than once, I’ve seen you post quite a bit as well so you can’t be talking.

Just kidding, but seriously nobody cares about that rule anymore.
    That's miserable, they don't even care about the rule that disqualifies pixel art worlds, truly sad.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

All I am asking for is that somebody notices and releases a statement about this issue. Nothing can be done if Ubisoft doesn’t even acknowledge these problems. I didn’t create this thread for fun, I put a lot of opinions both from myself and from others that should be considered, and it took a bit of effort. So please, make it worthwhile, Ubisoft.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Chem View Post
    That's miserable, they don't even care about the rule that disqualifies pixel art worlds, truly sad.
    "Vend worlds, storages and pixel art only worlds will not be considered"