Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge rant about WOTDs

Default Huge rant about WOTDs

This is it, I've had enough of how Ubisoft chooses WOTDs, this isn't getting out of hand, it IS indeed out of hand already. If any Ubisoft staff reads this, don't even try to ignore it.

To start, Ubisoft has set up some regulations for themselves to choose WOTDs. Things don't seem to work out at all, am I wrong? The WOTDs they choose never ever follow their own regulations. I have been visiting/observing different WOTDs recently and I am extremely disappointed about it. Look at this one, it's a complete joke.
    Name:  turtleparkour.png
Views: 489
Size:  993.8 KB
    This is a generic parkour, with pixel arts of turtles that can be copied from Google. It clearly does not deserve a WOTD during these days, if this won during 2014-2015 I wouldn't be surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos
    - A Bulletin board next to the white door giving credit to other players who helped with building/funding the world, music creator, worlds they have inspired/copied design from (If it's from the Web please mention that) and any other information should be mentioned. (You can choose to represent this info in a different creative way if you like but it must be near the start area of the world so we can easily see and check them).
    There is no bulletin board next to the white door that mentions about the source of the copied turtles in this world. This proves that Ubisoft never bothers to check the contents of the world, or search for the image online. To win WOTD, you can just randomly copy a pixel art on Google, build parkours and nominate it, badum tss~ You won WOTD. If Ubisoft sets up regulations, why don't they even follow it?
    And now, take a look at today's WOTD.
    Name:  tigerandkitty.png
Views: 477
Size:  1.09 MB
    This world is built by LyveWyre and his friends (Most notably TK69) as a satire to the current WOTD system, it has 2 copied pixel arts from Google and the story is a complete joke that does not make any sense. This won WOTD after 2 days of nomination, this clearly proves that Ubisoft never bothered to check out the content in one's world, their eyes are immediately pulled by the lazy pixel arts, which the world did not mention the source seriously.

Most notably, we have our suggestions to revamp the WOTD choosing system. The way Ubisoft treats it, is IGNORING them, and continue choosing terrible WOTD's with their terrible team. WOTDs have already lost their value since Ubisoft started choosing WOTDs, as I am writing this, I am in today's WOTD. There are ONLY 7-15 people coming in and out, our WOTDs used to be very full, but now it no longer has its shine.

There are a lot of good worlds out there that does not have pixel art, but the content in it is worthy of the WOTD title. Take a look at SNOWDALE, built by Anton0202.
    Name:  snowdale.png
Views: 466
Size:  630.8 KB
    The design isn't really that impressing, you might think. There is NO pixel art in it, but if you visit the world, you'll be impressed by the effort Anton has put in it. It hasn't won WOTD yet, but it is worthy of the title. But the lack of pixel art, is probably why it hasn't won it yet.

Ubisoft CLEARLY needs a team that consists of good builders that would spend their time to check out WOTDs to determine whether they are worthy.
    Oh, looks like this thread is going to be ignored by the staff anyhow, my rant ends here, this absurd WOTD choosing system needs to come to an end soon.
    Last edited by Deftera; 01-27-2019 at 09:36 AM. Reason: typos
    I'm back!
    IGN: Deftera

A fan of Touhou and Hatsune Miku, I also like anime.
    Latest Youtube Video:

Koishi Komeiji Best Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    i now speak fluent japanese

I think you should show them what actual building is, show them something good. It's been long since we've seen your worlds anyways

No hate.
    If you feel like you got banned without a reason, then contact Growtopia Support, be sure to provide as many details as possible to make it easier for them to understand the issue, so they could help you.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rKang View Post
    I think you should show them what actual building is, show them something good. It's been long since we've seen your worlds anyways

No hate.
    I'd build one if I have enough wls to do so, sadly I'm too broke to do so
    I'm back!

Latest Youtube Video:

Koishi Komeiji Best Girl

Lesser Knight

I can't help but laugh!
    These worlds make me question Ubisoft even more of their capability of choosing WOTDs!

Quote Originally Posted by Δευτέρα View Post
    I'd build one if I have enough wls to do so, sadly I'm too broke to do so
    Cheap blocks do exist, a budget of 2dls can bring a world to life
    If you feel like you got banned without a reason, then contact Growtopia Support, be sure to provide as many details as possible to make it easier for them to understand the issue, so they could help you.

When I say I am broke, I clearly do not have 2 dls to begin with
    I'm back!

Latest Youtube Video:

Koishi Komeiji Best Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Δευτέρα View Post
    When I say I am broke, I clearly do not have 2 dls to begin with
    Okay that's pretty sad

The guy take chooses should actually play them... And not ehh that world's pixel art looks nice.

I rmb they choosed a role playing world of "The Voice", oh boi it was unplayable and the world is as dead as my grandma.
    🏿 🏿 🏿 🏿 🏿 🏿 🏿 🏿
    🏿 🏿 🏿 🏿 🏿 🏿 🏿 🏿
    🏿 🏿 🏽 🏽 🏽 🏽 🏿 🏿
    🏽 🏽 🏽 🏽 🏽 🏽 🏽 🏽
    🏽 ⬜ ⬛ 🏽 🏽 ⬛ ⬜ 🏽
    🏽 🏽 🏽 🏿 🏿 🏽 🏽 🏽
    🏽 🏽 🏿 🏽 🏽 🏿 🏽 🏽
    🏽 🏽 🏿 🏿 🏿 🏿 🏽 🏽

It feels like ubisoft doesn’t even have these ideas in mind, regardless of how many times we suggest them, and how many polls we make, that shows that we want some kind of change. I hope this thread wont be another one that’s just gonna die within a day or two.

Thanks for the kind words btw
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    I’m just a guy who loves to build worlds!
    15 WOTDs and counting...
    Creator of the Swedish Start world.

Anton's world is superb, there's also Josh's world TRICKLES. Both of them are incredible and yet beaten by pixel art worlds.
    I won't blame it all on Ubisoft, they're in a very tight schedule since the beginning of the whole duplication glitch thingie, the real solution is making a WOTD selection team, not now, they're busy.
    More info here.
    ~Chemmie

Just to prove how much of a profit this can be, we built our world for less than 50WLs with everything accounted for.

As for OP’s point, I agree. Clear lack of quality selections and any sort of statement from staff about this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by LyveWyre View Post
    Just to prove how much of a profit this can be, we built our world for less than 50WLs with everything accounted for.

As for OP’s point, I agree. Clear lack of quality selections and any sort of statement from staff about this issue.
    holy heck it's profittable

Bumping...
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    15 WOTDs and counting...

Time to copy them.

Thats the best i could do!
    My face every day

i miss my pubg and mlbb times playing
    and screw schools

Shading Pack:

I'm baffled at how the first one could be WOTD. I mean, I did build it. In my defense though, it was built years ago and when I built it I didn't envision it to become a WOTD or anything, I was thinking that it'd be one of those parkour worlds like Artemis' and such. Dunno what the heck Edmush did and bam, WOTD. Pixel art IS copied, just google turtle pixel art and scroll down a bit. There were times where these pixel arts weren't bashed so badly, y'know? That was 2015-2016.

As for the second world, I'll visit it ASAP because I'm curious but is it blatantly put that it's sarcasm or satire? If so then it might be similar to my world SATIRE101 which won quite some time ago as well. If not, then wooooooooooow... okay.
    IGN: electrodream
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @dreamy.cy (private), @electrodreamy is dead
    WOTD count: 23
    Forumers' VIP pass: StarboardFTW.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectroDream View Post
    I'm baffled at how the first one could be WOTD. I mean, I did build it. In my defense though, it was built years ago and when I built it I didn't envision it to become a WOTD or anything, I was thinking that it'd be one of those parkour worlds like Artemis' and such. Dunno what the heck Edmush did and bam, WOTD. Pixel art IS copied, just google turtle pixel art and scroll down a bit. There were times where these pixel arts weren't bashed so badly, y'know? That was 2015-2016.

As for the second world, I'll visit it ASAP because I'm curious but is it blatantly put that it's sarcasm or satire? If so then it might be similar to my world SATIRE101 which won quite some time ago as well. If not, then wooooooooooow... okay.
    Electro...you should know by now that I do not build worlds like that legitimately.

Quote Originally Posted by LyveWyre View Post
    Electro...you should know by now that I do not build worlds like that legitimately.
    Of course, I'd be ultra disappointed! Lol.

Anyway, visited the world -- what a masterpiece.

Of course, I'd be ultra disappointed! Lol.

Anyway, visited the world -- what a masterpiece.
    I especially loved the folktale. Such a heartwarming story
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    15 WOTDs and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Anton0202 View Post
    I especially loved the folktale. Such a heartwarming story
    Definitely. The way the tiger nuzzles uwu the kitty in the end made me tear up. The ending was executed perfectly with such a homely cottage. I can't believe I'm crying over a world in a sandbox game!

If you finish the no-death run, you'll understand
    I'm back!

Latest Youtube Video:

Koishi Komeiji Best Girl