View Poll Results: Skip a month for quality control?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Please yes.

47 75.81%
  • Please no.

15 24.19%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skip An Update - Replace it With QoL

Default Skip An Update - Replace it With QoL

Simply put, skip a month meant for a content update. Instead, use that time to fix all of the underlying issues, bugs, and just spending that extra time not working on content so there's a better play experience overall.

Your team has been doing a really good job on churning out content every month for a solid year+ now, and while the new features, items, and small little goodies add to the game, what good does that do when the experience overall is butchered to an unfathomably broken degree? The fairly recent streak of DDOS attacks, two duplication glitches within the span of just over a week, and the overall buggy state of the game NEEDS to be addressed.

I know you're doing this now, which in turn takes away time from creating content updates, which further strengthens the point this thread makes.

Tightening security on the server, making the servers better overall, killing bugs that can ruin the enjoyment factor for the player, and when all of that is in a great state, polishing future updates can do wonders for the game.

The recent events have driven me to create this thread. Please consider a Quality of Life update.
    Social Media
    Twitter Account
    Instagram
    Discord Tag: Evets#4623
    In-Game Name: Evets

9/20/14, the disconnect we'll never forget.
    12/11/17, the compromised accounts.

Growtopian since October 2013.

What good would it bring. Theres already less active people and skipping a whole update would sheerly make it worse for the people waiting.
    IGN: FOWL

Lesser Wizard

I don’t agree that they should skip an update entirely. But I want them to GREATLY reduce the number of new items in imminent (and future) updates and spend more brainwork on thinking of how to improve the server.
    Nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by FOWL View Post
    What good would it bring. Theres already less active people and skipping a whole update would sheerly make it worse for the people waiting.
    Better a delayed product that's polished and better in the end than a rushed one with bugs upon bugs upon bugs.

The constant fire between 3 DDOS attacks, 2 severe duplication glitches, alongside numerous already existing bugs and issues is heavy. Specifically, the current issue of removing duplicated items. Support, the dev team, and the entire team in general is scrambling to get the items removed as fast as possible, which will affect future updates if they continue without a break.
    Social Media
    Twitter Account
    Instagram

I was going to vote yes, because I thought this was about tweaking and balancing items that already exist. But I don't think server security requires skipping an update, so I vote no. They should always work on both.
    New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com

Goddamn this community if they choose not to let this happen.

More new montly items that fulfill your damn pockets with riches and just ditch the important ones which are fixing the problems of the game. Seriously, mind the other people's struggle.

There is nothing wrong skipping the event. IT only last for week and im sure none of you even mind WHEN it will happen right? Oh yeah, this will happen: ""Ehdudushsb Wawawa, ive waysted leik 20 dls on dis 2 prepeeiirr. I h8 it. Faq dis."" MYGOD. The solution is simple, let the whole community know in advance that a certain event will be moved because of the fixes. As simple as that.

Other way to think is this: Still going on a not fully fixed ship that may sink or giving it time to be fixed to reduce the risks of sinking.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    Goddamn this community if they choose not to let this happen.

More new montly items that fulfill your damn pockets with riches and just ditch the important ones which are fixing the problems of the game. Seriously, mind the other people's struggle.

There is nothing wrong skipping the event. IT only last for week and im sure none of you even mind WHEN it will happen right? Oh yeah, this will happen: ""Ehdudushsb Wawawa, ive waysted leik 20 dls on dis 2 prepeeiirr. I h8 it. Faq dis."" MYGOD. The solution is simple, let the whole community know in advance that a certain event will be moved because of the fixes. As simple as that.

Other way to think is this: Still going on a not fully fixed ship that may sink or giving it time to be fixed to reduce the risks of sinking.
    He not mean skip ONE event, he mean skip WHOLE month of events: CNY, Valentine, Monthly updates, all will gone. Also it will harm game even more, then have some issues, but get updates.

+ People who work on updates and people who work on fixing issues are different

Yeah, I’d agree with this. There needs to be a solid month or two where they sit down and focus on a lot of fundamentals rather than flooding the game with new content. Even if they need to add new stuff, at least make it connect with the old updates or expand on old stuff.

Thanks Electrolava9!

i voted yes
    but i think the team is divided, like there are developers who are assigned for updates, assigned for tracking and fixing server bugs and etc.
    ~ J i m I z P r o ~

Just use November... everyone knows why

Quote Originally Posted by Jailer View Post
    He not mean skip ONE event, he mean skip WHOLE month of events: CNY, Valentine, Monthly updates, all will gone. Also it will harm game even more, then have some issues, but get updates.

What. How is it going to harm the game when things are going to be fixed? Nothing but either a successful fix or not.

Also, after a month of fix, a missed event can be continued in the next month right? So what is the negative impact youre concerned of?

Look, this game has like many damn events for a hella month. If atleast the game will be given a break for once is okay as long as things will be undergoing on maintenance and it doesnt matter if different people work on it. They could focus on 1 specific point rather than doing several things.

I think if you guys from the team should be working hard to be able to solve this error but if you have a month to solve this and get all the duplicate items next month you update what was lost in a month (events) something that most will like, a new event or even a carnival that lasts a week as an "apology" for staying a month with nothing. I hope you support the idea.
    Always trying to improve every day more, one day my dream will be fulfilled!

Quote Originally Posted by Jailer View Post

I never said that annual events should be skipped. When it comes to CNY, Valentines Week, etc., there's already content and items in these events that people are dying to grab. Annual events typically don't really get many items added, so they can simply do that: make the existing event items available and nothing more.

A monthly update is the only content update in my opinion they should consider skipping in exchange for quality control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ID: BEASTLY View Post
    I was going to vote yes, because I thought this was about tweaking and balancing items that already exist. But I don't think server security requires skipping an update, so I vote no. They should always work on both.
    Well, that kind of update isn't out of the question. I'd imagine that it takes far less work retooling an existing item than to create a whole batch of new items.

While simply skipping a Monthly update for these sorely needed retools would be nice, the main thing they should focus on is fixing all of the existing issues the game has. Retooled items can be considered once they feel as if several of the many existing bugs are squashed.
    Social Media
    Twitter Account
    Instagram

Hi Evets :u
    IGN:YandereDemon
    Quote Originally Posted by Phanton
    I like your profile picture it's so cuteeee
    Been wanting to say it for a long time, finally decided to tell you today
    I AM A MALE

ヽ༼ಠ_ಠ༽ノ
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDoesPBG View Post
    That Mexican pepper thingie

10 chars

Neko did mention there are different ubistaffs responsible for different parts of the game like some are in charge on updates and others are on glitches and bugs so-
    IGN : Liquify

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by KnightXS View Post
    Neko did mention there are different ubistaffs responsible for different parts of the game like some are in charge on updates and others are on glitches and bugs so-
    Then the bugs-and-glitches team has clearly been slacking for 2 years
    Nothing to see here

Please consider.
    Social Media
    Twitter Account
    Instagram

I'd be completely for an update dedicated to rebalancing the game. Fix DSB showing the details for the other item in one item slot, do something about horrible building blocks such as Tiled Hospital Wall (have you even TRIED connecting those? The pattern is lopsided), and do something about the visual details such as the Frost Queen Makeup with Snowflake Eyes (I like how the makeup overlaps the hair).
    IGN: MadameZ
    Do i need to make this siggy any longer?

Sounds good to me.

Canada: The nation of maple syrup and bacon!

While I’d support an update like this, I wouldn’t want to see the monthly event get skipped for the year. We do need some well-needed QoL balances in the game, however the plurality of GT’s daily players probably won’t be too pleased with this decision.

Let’s be real here; the bulk of daily users in GT aren’t active on the forums. Most of the time, what the forums wants =/= what the community as a whole wants. I bet you most people playing the game play it for the thrill of the new features that get added every month.

In other words, you’re kinda damned if you do and you’re damned if you don’t. I’d personally support it (hence why I voted yes), but I can’t speak for everyone else.
    Talk is cheap. Walk it if you really want change.

A great quote from a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeoFire
    It doesn't matter if your IQ is -50 or 150: Opinions are personal, facts are public.
    #LeastKnownForumerOver1kPosts

Wanna talk? Send me a PM! IGN: Immaculate