Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Review old content instead of new updates causing issues - a rant

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Nenkaai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,144

    Default Review old content instead of new updates causing issues - a rant

    Mostly my opinion of (https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ce-it-With-QoL)

    Ever since Ubisoft has taken control over the game, we've only seen new problems arise with newer stuff rather than fixing them, when was the last time you even touched older items for a fix? Never, is there something preventing you to do so?
    Introducing new content is nice, but older ones are straight up DEAD and have NEVER been updated. Tournament (+ rewards), Apocalypse, Steam, Archeologist, Game Pack, Crimefighting, and a ton of tiny things we've never seen after they've been introduced just once

    Take building as an example, it hurts to have a such wasted potential in a sandbox MMO because we never get updates fully dedicated on building or splicing - games out for half as much time like PW have so much creativity to expose with at least 20 new blocks per update, whereas we hardly get any here, and if we do, it's stupidly overpriced and/or hard to get, it doesn't even feel like we're close to run out of ideas for blocks and props, it's very common to start building and wished we had a specific blocks which we still don't in almost 4000 items database

    It's clear that the game's main focus has shifted and it's disappointing that it mostly all resolves into mass producing clothing mod + visual effects most of the time, it doesn't feel indie anymore or the OG vibe it had before, which I believe is why the game is hardly getting high amount of players like back in 2015

    Finally, that arises the issue of private servers which is a legitimate concern, it's a loss of players on your end whom are trying to make the game better their own way by filling in the gaps - with enough time they'll be able to make content for their own, and this is when I believe Growtopia will seriously become outdated - adding the spam bot issues unfixed/unprevented almost 7 years after the game has been released to the public, rule breakers left and right hardly being treated because nobody to enforce them and no update on that, and nearly no announcement to whatever side the game is taking (other than the dup/rollback issues, when has Ezzerio/your lead ever talked? Twice in more than a year strictly for these issues and thats it, no acknowledging of the game's direction)
    You are legitimately losing players, here is where they end up


    I don't think they realized that alot of people love this game (not just playing it, but spending their time outside of playing it as a popular community) and it's a shame that the current owners do less than the players. It's a game unique in it's genre but you're trashing it.
    Last edited by Nenkaai; 02-02-2019 at 05:45 PM.
    A recipe finder. A Growtopia Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    IGN: TK69.
    Level: 115. Title/Dragon/Dragon Wings done.

  2. #2
    Lesser Wizard Sparkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    in your cerebrum.
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Agreed, the devs need to take in player opinions, and change the game to our liking. Adding structured updates(starting with reviving older things) will benefit us more than creating the exact same update over and over(ex. surg/startopia)...

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer ID: BEASTLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,075

    Default

    I strongly agree with the premise, though I only had time to skim right now. However, we need to stop playing the blame game -- even if Ubisoft has not done well, being too harsh will not encourage the right response.

    I'm keen for some content review!
    New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com
    .
    .


    .

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Ranierz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    my drawing board
    Posts
    4,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    Mostly my opinion of (https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ce-it-With-QoL)

    Ever since Ubisoft has taken control over the game, we've only seen new problems arise with newer stuff rather than fixing them, when was the last time you even touched older items for a fix? Never, is there something preventing you to do so?
    Introducing new content is nice, but older ones are straight up DEAD and have NEVER been updated. Tournament (+ rewards), Apocalypse, Steam, Archeologist, Game Pack, Crimefighting, and a ton of tiny things we've never seen after they've been introduced just once

    Take building as an example, it hurts to have a such wasted potential in a sandbox MMO because we never get updates fully dedicated on building or splicing - games out for half as much time like PW have so much creativity to expose with at least 20 new blocks per update, whereas we hardly get any here, and if we do, it's stupidly overpriced and/or hard to get, it doesn't even feel like we're close to run out of ideas for blocks and props, it's very common to start building and wished we had a specific blocks which we still don't in almost 4000 items database

    It's clear that the game's main focus has shifted and it's disappointing that it mostly all resolves into mass producing clothing mod + visual effects most of the time, it doesn't feel indie anymore or the OG vibe it had before, which I believe is why the game is hardly getting high amount of players like back in 2015

    Finally, that arises the issue of private servers which is a legitimate concern, it's a loss of players on your end whom are trying to make the game better their own way by filling in the gaps - with enough time they'll be able to make content for their own, and this is when I believe Growtopia will seriously become outdated - adding the spam bot issues unfixed/unprevented almost 7 years after the game has been released to the public, rule breakers left and right hardly being treated because nobody to enforce them and no update on that, and nearly no announcement to whatever side the game is taking (other than the dup/rollback issues, when has Ezzerio/your lead ever talked? Twice in more than a year strictly for these issues and thats it, no acknowledging of the game's direction)

    I don't think they realized that alot of people love this game (not just playing it, but spending their time outside of playing it as a popular community) and it's a shame that the current owners do less than the players. It's a game unique in it's genre but you're trashing it.
    totaly
    Ubisoft needs to fix the problems of the past and not making more problems


    IGN: MadMewMew (Former KingFlufyBun)




    TNX DEVS FOR ADDING MY SUGGESTION (Floating Speaker)


    also selling SELLFLYS for 250wls

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Chem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Unstable
    Posts
    4,420

    Default

    The fact that the game doesn't feel 'indie' anymore is correct, plus, that ratio of quitting is much higher than back then.
    Also, we want more blocks, for instance, it's clear that there are no substitutes for hedges/foliage.
    I'm CHEM, my IGN's "Chemmie", and I host monthly forumer meetups!

    Chemmie's FORUMHOME, click the banner.

    DISCORD: Chem #7714 | Avatar by topazi | Banner by Wrix


  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer ID: BEASTLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,075

    Default

    Basically, we don't want "WOW!" updates, we want "Yay!" updates.
    New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com
    .
    .


    .

  7. #7
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    In my farms
    Posts
    455

    Default

    You should just go be GT’s developer please. Ubisoft does not know a single sh1t they are doing
    Nothing to see here

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer SupForce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    <JAMMED!>
    Posts
    1,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BreadOn View Post
    You should just go be GT’s developer please. Ubisoft does not know a single sh1t they are doing
    If only it was that easy.
    IGN: IxHeroxI
    If you don't even use thesaurus in your posts, why even bother?






  9. #9
    Lesser Wizard Imunity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Good points. With the time passing by and by every problem this game encounters i'm getting a strange image: players really do care more about the game than devs. Of course this shouldn't (and hopefully isn't) true but this kind of image is created and more more growtopians can see it.
    IGN: Imunity

  10. #10
    Lesser Wizard Floxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    100

    Default

    I'am support this thread , growtopia need a revamp start from old issues, old updates, etc. From small things to big things that effect game experience of players. Time, effort, support are importants to keep the game enjoyable for all player. We can't rewind time and growtopia become old if you want to make the game become fresh from storage you need clean and wash it, not only decorated it to make the game look cool from outside but uncool inside. Thank you


    Hello


  11. #11
    Lesser Wizard TwiztXTNW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Yea, my favorite part of the game is probably building... But it's really annoying how they make most of the new hard to get. Like the winter clash or summer clash blocks, They look really good but most people can't enjoy building with those blocks. I think they really should update stuff like pet battles, firefighting, crimes. So more people could enjoy new stuff being added to the old things. As of my experience the Pet battle community is really friendly and helps others a lot so they all can enjoy battling, i'd say it's the best community in the game except the forums! That's really all i had to say
    Lul
    Please Support my Chi Eyes Suggestion!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...70#post3952470

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer SupForce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    <JAMMED!>
    Posts
    1,019

    Default

    Honestly, It feels like we're just fueling the fire that eats Growtopia by throwing these new updates that die after 3 days, all the other features are dead and suffer from a lot of problems, there's no thing such as balancing, and everything feels like a waste of time and wealth when you can just farm for hours to get WLs.
    IGN: IxHeroxI
    If you don't even use thesaurus in your posts, why even bother?






  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Colmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    AGREED! Like everything that you mention in that list thread need to be reviewed
    I might be selfish, but I speak what in my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksis St View Post
    Protects the rights of ancestral seed
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    BUFF Seed of life.
    BUFF THE ANCESTRAL SEED OF LIFE!!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...l-Seed-of-Life

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer Crunchyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    New Berk/Hidden World
    Posts
    1,426

    Default

    ubi should just probs sell the game to a MORE caring company...

    👏CONTENT👏REVIEW👏
    Ign: ItzEaglet
    Status: Poor asf

    I sell display blocks 3/1 every week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phloqiston View Post
    happy birthday eaglet!

    no not u person behind the screen shoo

    you're one year older yay!!!

    *looks behind eaglet* dude! just go

    Toothless so cute!

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer Spyroboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Michigan!
    Posts
    3,502

    Default

    Yeah, I’m the suggestion box there have been multiple threads giving on ideas to revive this old stuff, but nothing just new.

    Yes more stuff makes it look like the game has a lot to do, but half of the time it’s not worth it or just not fun.

    This game is being pushed more and more towards profit by players and the devs.

    We need to fix this

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer ID: BEASTLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,075

    Default

    They can tweak, fix and improve something old and maintain the appeal in their updates. They can re-release an item pack or collection and market it like they do with the monthly update. A re-release could become the monthly update itself. I'd be fine with that.

    Interconnectivity between packs and collections would be great, too. Instead of limiting the game generator to game graves, flags and goals, for example, there could be a gamemode where you must catch and dodge ghosts.
    New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com
    .
    .


    .

  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    A Place Far Away
    Posts
    973

    Default

    I prefer being delusional with the game being not in our favor.. It very crap like what the meaning of the game if the games means Ubisoft doesnt follow our ideas?? You know you earn money as well if you create an item.. It would make them engaged in a Find a item thing.. But I never like people who discharge our ideas for something else. Look at growtopia mostly people play at 30-40k ranging becuz of a bug and boredom change and something else.

    Dalaga Filipina Yea. *Sees Nekorei in the distance*
    Gusto ko makita Gusto ko makita sang dalaga filipina yea

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer Slayer7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    2,734

    Default

    The problem is the major decisions aren't up to them. Before it was only 2 people who could add anything they wanted and change the game how ever they wanted. But as we all know right now it's under a publicly traded corporation and if you have ever worked under one of those only thing that matters at the end of the day is pleasing upper management. Every decesion and every update they come out with needs to be approved by upper management. They have no freedom on what they can add its what ever brings the engagement/profit levels up at the end of the day. On the note of the developers not replying that's simple it's not their job to interact with the community. That's what they have a community manager for. Everyone does their jobs and no one goes outside of that.

    The suggestions you have included are very valid and as the game deteriorates. Hopefully they understand that something needs to change. But we don't have any insight on how things are run inside the Ubisoft offices and how much stress they are under so I gaving them the benefit of the doubt, and hoping for the best. It's a waiting game for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    My brain has too many tabs open.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Machine
    Rich people hang out with Rich people. I see them throw little tea parties while all the noobs watch from the white door.
    Click Me If you are feeling sad

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer ID: BEASTLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer7 View Post
    The problem is the major decisions aren't up to them. Before it was only 2 people who could add anything they wanted and change the game how ever they wanted. But as we all know right now it's under a publicly traded corporation and if you have ever worked under one of those only thing that matters at the end of the day is pleasing upper management. Every decesion and every update they come out with needs to be approved by upper management. They have no freedom on what they can add its what ever brings the engagement/profit levels up at the end. On the note of the developers not replying that's simple it's not his job to interact with the community. That's what they have a community manager for. Everyone does their jobs and no one gives outside of that.
    Well, they will just need to convince the "upper manager" then. It shouldn't be an excuse. Done correctly, it would mean more company profit.
    New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com
    .
    .


    .

  20. #20
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    460

    Default

    remember the adventure pack strikes back man that was a great update for builders even thought tomb robbers recipe was stupid


    honestly the devs might care for the game but the company probably does not. The devs didn’t buy the game upper management did and all they want to do to turn a profit. The game hasn’t turned pay to win in any way yet but it has become very pushy for gems and we never get spilcable items anymore or fixing old updates because those arent cool clothing items that cost tons of gems
    This space is empty, just like the space in my skull.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •