Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rating your worlds!

Had some problem to add a proper render: https://s3.amazonaws.com/world.growt...draluxtrea.png

At my first glance at the render, the world didn’t really stand out too much, but it was better ingame. I think you build in an original way, but although that’s good, it sometimes works against your favor. I think you structured the world out pretty solid, but I think you added too many different blocks, blocks that didn’t really fit in. Blocks like foliage didn’t really fit in with the winter theme, and the auroras looked bad. All the different blocks made the world come out as quite messy and I think you should try and keep it more simple. Work a bit on the details, and If I was you, I’d switch the twisted spikes for something else.
    Design: 5/10

The gameplay is where the world stood out. You had a good amount of variation between adventure and parkour, and the world was never really too boring. I liked the song and it did add a bit to the experience. The thing you should try and focus on for your next project, is on a proper story. If I got it right, there really wasn’t any story at all, basically just ”inner dialogue” where the player was expressing thoughts.
    Gameplay: 7/10
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    I’m just a guy who loves to build worlds!
    16 WOTDs and counting...
    Creator of the Swedish Start world.

Bumping. Gonna sleep soon, leave some worlds for me tomorrow!
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

Name:  afatherandson.png
Views: 78
Size:  85.8 KB

how about this world?

Name:  zedra (1).png
Views: 78
Size:  705.2 KB

Can you rate this world for me?

My honest opinion on my own world:

I know I could have done better. I also don't like the render of my world as it had untouched spaces left. Not only that but also the spikes and signs.

Though, it has multiple decisions that will lead to multiple endings.
    Last edited by Kyeosi; 02-05-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Name:  D16F35E9-2BC7-45D5-BE1A-461290022E27.png
Views: 76
Size:  85.8 KB
    AFATHERANDSON:
    A world like this is hard for me to judge. I divided my ratings into design and content, and this world doesn’t exactly have any kind of designs, or content. The pixelart itself is better than most that I’ve seen in the game, but it doesn’t add a lot to the world itself.

What I think you should really focus on, is to make a better/longer experience for the player. This world took me 1 min 30 secs, and that’s really short, especially to win WOTD which I’ve seen you’ve applied for.

Otherwise, the render itself looks great.
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

Name:  DDBA50CD-31B8-49FD-A1DF-838D77FEF076.png
Views: 84
    ZEDRA:
    I actually enjoyed this world, and I even saw it a while ago when you posted it on the forums when it wasn’t done.

The design of this world is pretty good and the colours looks great. I think you’ve added too many different blocks, and this is noticeable even ingame. The starting area at the left side of the world for example, or around the center of it. I think you should try and keep yourself to less different blocks scattered everywhere, as the world came out as quite messy. Another thing that disturbs me, is the deathspikes in the render. Yes, you tried to cover them ingame, but that kind of made the parkour a bit annoying to go through, and sometimes I didn’t see where there was a spike or not. Welp. You have a lot of creative stuff in your world, and other stuff which makes up for some of these things.
    Design: 6,5-7/10

The gameplay was great in this world. The story together with all the dialogue was quite interesting and never really got boring. I think you should’ve tried to add a bit more backstory to the story though. The parkour was maybe a bit too challenging at atleast one route, and I think you should try and even add more kinds of great content except for parkour. This was in general a solid world.

Gameplay: 8/10

Congrats! Best world on the thread so far
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

Bumppping...

- New account, will continue on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton0202 View Post
    Name:  DDBA50CD-31B8-49FD-A1DF-838D77FEF076.png
Views: 84
    ZEDRA:
    I actually enjoyed this world, and I even saw it a while ago when you posted it on the forums when it wasn’t done.

The design of this world is pretty good and the colours looks great. I think you’ve added too many different blocks, and this is noticeable even ingame. The starting area at the left side of the world for example, or around the center of it. I think you should try and keep yourself to less different blocks scattered everywhere, as the world came out as quite messy. Another thing that disturbs me, is the deathspikes in the render. Yes, you tried to cover them ingame, but that kind of made the parkour a bit annoying to go through, and sometimes I didn’t see where there was a spike or not. Welp. You have a lot of creative stuff in your world, and other stuff which makes up for some of these things.
    Design: 6,5-7/10

The gameplay was great in this world. The story together with all the dialogue was quite interesting and never really got boring. I think you should’ve tried to add a bit more backstory to the story though. The parkour was maybe a bit too challenging at atleast one route, and I think you should try and even add more kinds of great content except for parkour. This was in general a solid world.

Gameplay: 8/10

Congrats! Best world on the thread so far
    Thank you!

I shall take your ratings and apply it on my next WOTD attempt!

Bump, keep sending worlds
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Anton0202 View Post
    Had some problem to add a proper render: https://s3.amazonaws.com/world.growt...draluxtrea.png

At my first glance at the render, the world didn’t really stand out too much, but it was better ingame. I think you build in an original way, but although that’s good, it sometimes works against your favor. I think you structured the world out pretty solid, but I think you added too many different blocks, blocks that didn’t really fit in. Blocks like foliage didn’t really fit in with the winter theme, and the auroras looked bad. All the different blocks made the world come out as quite messy and I think you should try and keep it more simple. Work a bit on the details, and If I was you, I’d switch the twisted spikes for something else.
    Design: 5/10

The gameplay is where the world stood out. You had a good amount of variation between adventure and parkour, and the world was never really too boring. I liked the song and it did add a bit to the experience. The thing you should try and focus on for your next project, is on a proper story. If I got it right, there really wasn’t any story at all, basically just ”inner dialogue” where the player was expressing thoughts.
    Gameplay: 7/10
    Would be appreciate ratings to my world, its a greatful to know. Thanks Anton.

Bluragon's can go anywhere, if i will on there, don't get surprised.

Finally someone mentioned about this
    Quote Originally Posted by xMera View Post
    You're just following your girlfriend on this.

Lesser Knight

Can Rate Mine World!? And Give your Opinion About it!
    Name:  eromangasgt.png
Views: 74
Size:  729.3 KB
    IGN:IcyEndGT
    Experience
    Building,Sew,Fishing,GhostBuster,Challenge(such as Minigames,sets fashion and Adventure World),Cooking,Mixing,Quest And More!
    ACTIVITIES
    Doing Set Challenge,Adventure World,Minigame Challenge(for friends),Gain some knowledge/information And Building!
    GOAL
    To Learn All Kind Roles and Activities at growtopia And completing all Epic Quest For sponsor Item!