View Poll Results: Do you like these ideas?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 83.33%
  • No

4 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Builder’s update ideas

Default Builder’s update ideas

I’ve been thinking of these ideas for a long time, and it would be awesome if ubisoft would come up with an update dedicated for builders. Here’s some ideas:

- Orange paint.

- Brown paint.

- White paint.

- Bleach. This item would when used drain almost all the colours of a block, and turn it almost white. If you’d then red paint, the whole item would be completely red, with just a small difference between two originally different coloured areas. If you don’t understand, here’s an example. When you paint pinballs red, the yellow area gets mixed with red, and so does the blue. The result is a bad looking, red pinball. Bleach would open lots of possibilities to painters.

- Paintable water. I think it would be awesome if you could paint water. It would open up tons of possibilities, and the shade of the water wouldn’t be bad. It should completely change the colour just like deep ice water, and here’s an example where bleach could also come in handy.

- More adventure items. The old adventure items ”revolutionized” world building, and really was awesome, but in my opinion, it’s not enough. There’s tons of possibilities with adventure items, that could let worlds go to a new level. New commands, new mechanics, etc. And honestly, just any new mechanic at all would be awesome. It could be the possibility to make a code puzzles with the right combination, or pushable boxes.

- Make music notes an own kind of block. Yes, this has been talked about many times, but I’m still just gonna add it here.

- More (good) decorations. Some examples are wooden beams, chimneys, or a floor lamp. There’s basically endless possibilites, and most are missed out on in GT.

I’ve had lots of great ideas in the past, but here’s just a few. If you have any other ideas, make sure to tell them below! And oh yeah, most important of all...

Make the new items cheap. World building isn’t supposed to be expensive. For a single glued world, you usually need over 400-500 glue, and the price of it isn’t really welcoming... the glue usually costs between 2-4/wl to buy, and about 5-6/wl to make yourself. That’s an awful lot for just gluing a world. To not even mention all the castle items that honestly look incredible. A single Castle Stone costs a WL...
    Leave ideas/thoughts below!
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    I’m just a guy who loves to build worlds!
    16 WOTDs and counting...
    Creator of the Swedish Start world.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton0202 View Post
    I’ve been thinking of these ideas for a long time, and it would be awesome if ubisoft would come up with an update dedicated for builders. Here’s some ideas:

- Orange paint.

- Brown paint.

- White paint.

- Bleach. This item would when used drain almost all the colours of a block, and turn it almost white. If you’d then red paint, the whole item would be completely red, with just a small difference between two originally different coloured areas. If you don’t understand, here’s an example. When you paint pinballs red, the yellow area gets mixed with red, and so does the blue. The result is a bad looking, red pinball. Bleach would open lots of possibilities to painters.

- Paintable water. I think it would be awesome if you could paint water. It would open up tons of possibilities, and the shade of the water wouldn’t be bad. It should completely change the colour just like deep ice water, and here’s an example where bleach could also come in handy.

- More adventure items. The old adventure items ”revolutionized” world building, and really was awesome, but in my opinion, it’s not enough. There’s tons of possibilities with adventure items, that could let worlds go to a new level. New commands, new mechanics, etc. And honestly, just any new mechanic at all would be awesome. It could be the possibility to make a code puzzles with the right combination, or pushable boxes.

- Make music notes an own kind of block. Yes, this has been talked about many times, but I’m still just gonna add it here.

- More (good) decorations. Some examples are wooden beams, chimneys, or a floor lamp. There’s basically endless possibilites, and most are missed out on in GT.

I’ve had lots of great ideas in the past, but here’s just a few. If you have any other ideas, make sure to tell them below! And oh yeah, most important of all...

Make the new items cheap. World building isn’t supposed to be expensive. For a single glued world, you usually need over 400-500 glue, and the price of it isn’t really welcoming... the glue usually costs between 2-4/wl to buy, and about 5-6/wl to make yourself. That’s an awful lot for just gluing a world. To not even mention all the castle items that honestly look incredible. A single Castle Stone costs a WL...
    Leave ideas/thoughts below!
    Pls proceed to the suggestion subforum
    IGN: FOWL

Good detailed suggestion, except you could expand a bit more on adventure items to give the devs reading, a better understanding of what you want to see added.
    If you were any good at pixel art, that would probably draw some attention too.
    And as Fowl said too, this belongs in suggestion box.
    IGN: Tycan
    Discord: Tycan#0745
    PSN IG: Tycan_x
    Level 118
    (ง'̀-'́)ง

Quote Originally Posted by FOWL View Post
    Pls proceed to the suggestion subforum
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycan View Post
    Good detailed suggestion, except you could expand a bit more on adventure items to give the devs reading, a better understanding of what you want to see added.
    If you were any good at pixel art, that would probably draw some attention too.
    And as Fowl said too, this belongs in suggestion box.
    Happy you liked them, and yeah, I might edit the ideas later.

Can some moderator move it to another subforum? It isn’t possible to move it myself right?
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

These are all good ideas, but one thing we really need are more basic, essential blocks to be used in bulk. Using the same 10 blocks for most builds is getting annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by LyveWyre View Post
    These are all good ideas, but one thing we really need are more basic, essential blocks to be used in bulk. Using the same 10 blocks for most builds is getting annoying.
    Yeah. I’d love to just have them add like 10+ different kinds of wood/stone blocks and backgrounds aswell as other such items. Maybe even some new types of blocks/walls like concrete etc.
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

I've been compiling a massive builder's update idea, so I was quite surprised to see this.

It'll come out when I'm not too lazy to post it.
    IGN: MadameZ

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZebra94 View Post
    I've been compiling a massive builder's update idea, so I was quite surprised to see this.

It'll come out when I'm not too lazy to post it.
    Awesome, you could perhaps put a link to this one from yours, together with some older threads maybe.
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

The adventure items could be like an anything adventure item. You would place the anything adventure item and use it like a stuff weather machine. Then u use it like any adventure item.

Maybe make adventure items more like doors so u can use specific items for specific doors. So like u have 3 keys but each with a different id for the doors so you can use keys for different doors
    After like a year I figured out where this was. I’m an idoit

I have nothing else for this area!

Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

Thought this was "Builder's Role" suggestion and im ready to say lot of things about that..
    Then i realize its for real world maker
    I might be selfish, but I speak what in my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksis St View Post
    Protects the rights of ancestral seed
    THEY BUFFED IT 2X

Quote Originally Posted by Odric View Post
    That's a really awesome item! Great work!
    Well then, add that thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Oma357 View Post
    Leone Abbacchio your back!!!

I think all builders can agree.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714