Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: What is Growtopia today? (RANT)

  1. #21
    Master Sorcerer ID: BEASTLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,255

    Default

    I agree with some of this; however, these rants have existed since the beginning of the forums. Everyone loves talking about games going bad, when they're in a rut themselves.
    New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com

    Old calculator thread:
    http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...Calculator-Hub

  2. #22
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ID: BEASTLY View Post
    I agree with some of this; however, these rants have existed since the beginning of the forums. Everyone loves talking about games going bad, when they're in a rut themselves.
    xdddddddddddddddddddddddd
    V I J U T I M E



  3. #23
    Master Sorcerer Cahtster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Random_House.png
    Posts
    2,895

    Default

    They should do something about this before it is too late.

    The amount of work they have to fix these are increasing more and more. Once something really terrible happens, its hard to predict whats going to happen. It is just like leaving a small leak from a pipe until it bursted into a horrible mess.

    And yes, i highly agree with those. There are more to add, but yeah.

  4. #24
    Master Sorcerer Kyeosi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Paulinaria
    Posts
    2,730

    Default

    World of the day sounds better than Parkour of the day, and it makes more sense if it was called World of the day rather than Parkour of the day.

    But, I agree with your point.

  5. #25
    Master Sorcerer Setsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ID: BEASTLY View Post
    I agree with some of this; however, these rants have existed since the beginning of the forums. Everyone loves talking about games going bad, when they're in a rut themselves.
    Yeah, rants are parts of the game and will never go away because there are always players that are not contented with the game itself
    Busy with school! UwU
    ~Zix0rXD

  6. #26
    Master Sorcerer Cahtster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Random_House.png
    Posts
    2,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ID: BEASTLY View Post
    I agree with some of this; however, these rants have existed since the beginning of the forums. Everyone loves talking about games going bad, when they're in a rut themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zix0rXD View Post
    Yeah, rants are parts of the game and will never go away because there are always players that are not contented with the game itself
    Uh, im sure why rants in forums or ect. existed to "fix" everything wrong about the game itself. Notifying everyone that something needs to be done rather than being silent about it.

    I agree to both of your points, but that doesnt mean they are against it. It is something that has to be resolved anytime soon and both of you can agree with that right? Im sure none of you would rather to make things neglected and these posts exists to let them know that things are going downhill.

  7. #27
    Lesser Wizard MatteuGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrowTube View Post
    the server disconnections are probably and most likely caused by the ddos attacks
    and that's part of the security
    I don’t think it’s caused by ddos attacks (well some), I think it’s caused by server overload? (if that’s a thing).

  8. #28
    Master Sorcerer NoTrollGaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    They need to change WOTD to WOTW to make it feel more special

    They need to hire more damn mods too. I heard that they are going to hire 2 every month but I haven't seen them yet. They need to be hiring at least 10 moderators a month.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I would really like to know the selection process behind hiring mods

  9. #29

    Question

    The thing is, Growtopia has no "real" gameplay, in comparison to the other games that exist today. Its simply becoming outdated. This has happened with many of my old favourite games such as EverybodyEdits and AQW.

    The main "gameplay" in Growtopia is the grind, be it farming, collecting ATMs/stations etc. Usually, in many modern games, the grind is a secondary gameplay feature. This can be seen in titles such as:

    -Guild Wars 2 -Grinding to get better gear to fight bosses/do dungeons
    -Fortnite -Grinding to unlock new items in the battle pass
    -Fallout New Vegas (my favourite fallout) -grinding to progress story
    -Terraria -Grinding to be able to defeat bosses/progress your world
    -Minecraft -Grinding to be able to unleash your creativity and build amazing structures.

    In all of these games, the main gameplay mechanic is, in my opinion, enhanced by the grind. The player gets a sense of achievement once he manages to get a rare item. I clearly remember getting an Anti-Matter Sniper Rifle in Fallout and one-shotting everything.The player is then able to continue the story/actual gameplay.

    In all of these games, however, the grind is optional, and only dedicated players who want to be the best of the best partake in this grind. All of these games can be enjoyed without having to grind.

    However, in Growtopia there is no story or gameplay to continue with. To play Growtopia, you simply MUST grind. And after the grind the player doesnt feel like he got a reward, just a fleeting sense of victory that fades in a few minutes.

    Back in 2013/2014 when I was playing, the limited amount of items made it so that every new thing felt amazing. I had a few friends I was able to have fun and show off to. We were able to build cool worlds that served no purpose. They were expensive, yet this did not matter as being a "pro" was not a priority. The priority was to have fun. When I farmed(grinded) back then, it would result in me to be able to buy cooler blocks, or give my friends interesting gifts. I really enjoyed playing back then.

    Nowadays, the game has become a marketplace simulator with no real gameplay. Building worlds is quite useless, as they have become obsolete. Other players don't like wasting their time in your world when they could be farming/making money.

    Without friends, the game simply has no appeal. Its became a grind fest that requires 1 or more hours of gameplay a day to keep up with everyone else. Not to mention that the grind is monotonous and not engaging in the least.

    However, I belive it is not right to solely blame the developers for the recent dwindling player numbers. It was the playerbase that pushed the game in this "get rich" direction, and the developers tried keeping up with that. And although at the time that was a good idea, inevitably it is now leading to the games death.

    This is only my opinion and if you would like to rebuke/discuss anything I said feel free to do so.

    (Although it may seem like I am just completely hating, I still do really like Growtopia.)

  10. #30
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    They should do something about this before it is too late.

    The amount of work they have to fix these are increasing more and more. Once something really terrible happens, its hard to predict whats going to happen. It is just like leaving a small leak from a pipe until it bursted into a horrible mess.

    And yes, i highly agree with those. There are more to add, but yeah.
    true, when one is fixed but is late, it's never going to be fixed for everyone
    V I J U T I M E



  11. #31
    Lesser Wizard kxjimin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    namkanda
    Posts
    129

    Default

    I agree, as a 2015 player, there wasn't such things called IOTMS, neither were there thousands of kids chasing for light blue and yellow pixels. When seth and hamumu actually ran the game, it was much more enjoyable, i made lots of my friends and trusted partners now, back then, even 5wls could make us excited. Now as ubisoft releases more cool items for the rich, the average and poor people on the GT rich scale are going poorer and poorer while the rich are getting more greedy and richer. I agree that ubisoft should also improve their servers and spend time looking at player suggestions and ACTUALLY using our suggestions to improve the game.
    'dont worry im not afraid'
    im a fanacc for jamjamj, a bts youtuber

  12. #32
    Lesser Wizard OZMIUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Please don't use so many caps next time, it hurts my eyes.
    Im ded

  13. #33
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OZMIUM View Post
    Please don't use so many caps next time, it hurts my eyes.
    to use caps is an expression of being disappointed for me
    V I J U T I M E



Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •