Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Valentines World Building Contest

Quote Originally Posted by KnightXS View Post
    ^ hope y'all at Ubisoft take a look at his post
    No, this post is inaccurate and scandalous. Defush and I did not copy a single thing. We used inspiration from the Cherry Blossom Trees in the game, but that's it. And even those weren't copied. I'm outraged that our world's reputation is now compromised due to somebody falsely accusing us of copying something as little as the design of a tree.

I'm not sure about how correct this guy was about any other of the worlds, but I can assure everyone that Defush and I made this world with originality.

By the way, this guy even said to me that "I don't know where you (me and Defush) copied the trees from, but they look like they're copied." How is this a valid reason to accuse someone of copying? He has no evidence and now Defush and I might have to suffer some pretty profound consequences. To me, that's extremely frustrating considering how hard we worked on the world.

I'm absolutely furious...
    You can contact me if you have any questions or concerns, whether it be in-game or via forums. I'm commonly occupied with creating worlds and socializing with players!

Growtopia Username: Lewius

Name:  image0.png
Views: 214
Size:  277.3 KB
    (SS from Lewius on discord)

Somehow this person compared my world to the pixel art as a copy, clearly different. We only got inspiration from the Cherry Blossom Tree in the game, and then we made it in the planner for hours to determine the appropriate size.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Josh289 View Post
    No, this post is inaccurate and scandalous. Defush and I did not copy a single thing. We used inspiration from the Cherry Blossom Trees in the game, but that's it. And even those weren't copied. I'm outraged that our world's reputation is now compromised due to somebody falsely accusing us of copying something as little as the design of a tree.

I'm not sure about how correct this guy was about any other of the worlds, but I can assure everyone that Defush and I made this world with originality.

By the way, this guy even said to me that "I don't know where you (me and Defush) copied the trees from, but they look like they're copied." How is this a valid reason to accuse someone of copying? He has no evidence and now Defush and I might have to suffer some pretty profound consequences. To me, that's extremely frustrating considering how hard we worked on the world.

You have the absolute right to defend your self. You shouldn't even been mentioned in that list/post as the other worlds clearly show how badly they copied.
    I also think its absurd how these people literally copy another world for thier darn benefit..its just so silly. I hope no world that is mostly pixel art wins, I'd be furious indeed.
    Always Remember Hardwork Pays Off
    Knowledge Is Power 9.24

Lesser Knight

Default HILLSOFLOVE by Carbonide

World HILLSOFLOVE by Carbonide

#GrowVDAY

Since I started playing Growtopia I always had a dream, building! Starting from less detailed stuff to very detailed. Febuary 23, 2019 a period ends. My period one year of making WOTD's and meeting such awesome builders that have helped me during this jurney. Hello, I’m Carbonide I have won 7 WOTD’s on Growtopia. I was planning to make an 8th, and I had it almost ready on the planer when I realized about this competition I decided to be in it. Even though in the Balloon Warz I failed, I wanted to show the community my improvements and well I think it got better than I thought..

I would like to nominate my world HILLSOFLOVE in this contest. You will love it!
    Story: Welcome to HILLSOFLOVE! The place where dreams really do come true. HILLSOFLOVE is not just any world, but an entire domension - one of love, peace, and joy. It is said that in these hills, awaits esch and every Growtopian true love. A valentines perhaps? You'll know if you let your heart free to wander Cupid's Valley one of the villages on this town! But you must hurry, for Cupid's magic is only around until the clock striked midnight! Best of luck, traveler! Your valentines awaits.

A traveler searching for true love, sounds cute huh? That's not all! The world has tons of villages with awesome people to meet. Also with very cool stories.

World includes

-Zombie Jammer
    -Punch Jammer
    -Firehouse

Name:  hillsoflove.png
Views: 200
Size:  475.0 KB

Wishing Good Luck for everyobe who is participating, seeing cool worlds!

-Carbonide

Squire

Looks a bit like Techy's trees

Name:  purposes.png
Views: 318
Size:  345.6 KB
    Blooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Blokiss View Post
    Looks a bit like Techy's trees

Name:  purposes.png
Views: 318
Size:  345.6 KB
    “A bit”.

I’m looking through the Instagram posts, and most of the worlds either copy another world entirely, steal elements from builders, or have copied pixel arts. Also just so this isn’t taken the wrong way, not accusing Lew out here of his world being a copy of others - as Madame said, it is clearly one of the better ones.
    Last edited by LyveWyre; 02-22-2019 at 04:47 PM.

I don't find anything really wrong with your world. I can tell you took inspiration from a lotta other worlds, but other than that, it's a pretty nice world.

Ignore that guy. He's going as far as accusing people who *put hearts* in their worlds for copying.
    Like really? Hearts are like, *basic shapes* that can be made by *anybody*.
    IGN: MadameZ
    Do i need to make this siggy any longer?

Woah calm down. Look, you dont have to go through details if youre going to prove that your world isnt copied.

Many of us believe those are your works. It may be similar to 1000 cherry blossom tree designs all over the internet but you know to yourself that you only took inspiration frome those. As you quoted here:

"By the way, this guy even said to me that "I don't know where you (me and Defush) copied the trees from, but they look like they're copied."

He is not 100% sure and you shouldnt be furious about that.
    My face every day

Why am I still here? I couldve done something productive like sleeping.

Shading Pack:

Lesser Wizard

Default Copied pixel arts

Some of the copied arts, you should check them before you u will pick the winners!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuM5NhgDfgY/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BuKBkHcDi6H/

Neko, it's around 7:33 am Feb 23, GMT+8 from where Edmush and I live. I'm hoping when you meant Feb 23, you meant 11:59 pm by the latest timezone.

Pls.

We're not done with the world yet.

Pls.
    Be the guiding light of people who are lost in the darkness.

Wotd Counter: 13
    Collaborated Wotd Counter: 15

Problems the forum cannot help with should be emailed to support@growtopiagame.com
    It doesn't hurt to know the rules—A Must-Read for New Forum Members!
    Your question might actually be here—FAQs Answered by Support!
    Be a forum expert—The Forum Manual!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroRarity View Post
    Neko, it's around 7:33 am Feb 23, GMT+8 from where Edmush and I live. I'm hoping when you meant Feb 23, you meant 11:59 pm by the latest timezone.

Pls.

We're not done with the world yet.

Pls.
    Although the deadline simply states the 23rd February, we will be allowing entries on the 23rd (I know of a handful of people who just need the time to update their renders, so it'd be unfair to count them out, for example). We won't be accepting any entries after 00:00 GT time on the 24th.
    Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt

Can someone help me check if I tagged Growtopia? I am kinda new to Instagram.

Name: arkuyi

Quote Originally Posted by Misthios View Post
    Although the deadline simply states the 23rd February, we will be allowing entries on the 23rd (I know of a handful of people who just need the time to update their renders, so it'd be unfair to count them out, for example). We won't be accepting any entries after 00:00 GT time on the 24th.
    Got it. That was the answer I was hoping for with my post. Something concrete and certain so we know when to rush.

Thanks, Misthios.
    Be the guiding light of people who are lost in the darkness.

Wotd Counter: 13
    Collaborated Wotd Counter: 15

Problems the forum cannot help with should be emailed to support@growtopiagame.com
    It doesn't hurt to know the rules—A Must-Read for New Forum Members!
    Your question might actually be here—FAQs Answered by Support!
    Be a forum expert—The Forum Manual!

Quote Originally Posted by LyveWyre View Post
    “A bit”.

I’m looking through the Instagram posts, and most of the worlds either copy another world entirely, steal elements from builders, or have copied pixel arts. Also just so this isn’t taken the wrong way, not accusing Lew out here of his world being a copy of others - as Madame said, it is clearly one of the better ones.
    Listen, I will admit that in the past I have copied a few of Techy’s designs. When I look back at it now, it’s embarrassing and it will forever hover above my name. Since then, I have made an oath both to myself and to Techy that I will never use/copy any of his designs.

The thing is, I’ve done that. I don’t know how much I can reiterate this, but those trees genuinely had nothing to do with Techy’s world. Defush and I were planning on how to make these trees, and he asked me what we should use for materials. It just so happens that we chose the same colored blocks as Techy’s world. That’s a complete and utter coincidence. The size comparison between the two are also somewhat similar, but this is genuinely coincidental. Aside from that, I don’t see anything else in common. I personally did not even design the trees. It was Defush, but we worked together and neither of us had Techy’s world in mind while doing so.

I know that you guys will all still believe that I copied this directly from Techy, but I can guarantee you that I didn’t. I say that from the bottom of my heart.

Anyway, believe what you want. At the end of the day, it’s all up to opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    Woah calm down. Look, you dont have to go through details if youre going to prove that your world isnt copied.

Many of us believe those are your works. It may be similar to 1000 cherry blossom tree designs all over the internet but you know to yourself that you only took inspiration frome those. As you quoted here:

"By the way, this guy even said to me that "I don't know where you (me and Defush) copied the trees from, but they look like they're copied."

He is not 100% sure and you shouldnt be furious about that.
    I am a bit frustrated about it because now me and Defush are being wrongly accused of copying elements of other worlds. And because of the fact that our world is now associated with some controversy, it could have dire consequences when the time comes for judgement.

For those of you who are supporting Defush and I, I’d like to thank you for that. It truly does mean a lot.

And for those of you who have been convinced that this world has indeed copied elements of Techy’s world, I get it. You have every right to. I hope that in the end, justice will be done.
    You can contact me if you have any questions or concerns, whether it be in-game or via forums. I'm commonly occupied with creating worlds and socializing with players!

Growtopia Username: Lewius

Listen, I will admit that in the past I have copied a few of Techy’s designs. When I look back at it now, it’s embarrassing and it will forever hover above my name. Since then, I have made an oath both to myself and to Techy that I will never use/copy any of his designs.

The thing is, I’ve done that. I don’t know how much I can reiterate this, but those trees genuinely had nothing to do with Techy’s world. Defush and I were planning on how to make these trees, and he asked me what we should use for materials. It just so happens that we chose the same colored blocks as Techy’s world. That’s a complete and utter coincidence. The size comparison between the two are also somewhat similar, but this is genuinely coincidental. Aside from that, I don’t see anything else in common. I personally did not even design the trees. It was Defush, but we worked together and neither of us had Techy’s world in mind while doing so.

I know that you guys will all still believe that I copied this directly from Techy, but I can guarantee you that I didn’t. I say that from the bottom of my heart.

Anyway, believe what you want. At the end of the day, it’s all up to opinion.
    Again man, not accusing you of copying, I was making a general statement about this entire Valentine's competition. But they do look a lot like Techy's trees (which is why I said "a bit"), that is the reason why people are throwing around that idea, but if you guys truthfully made them personally I do not see a problem.

When I tried to tag Growtopia on Instagram for the contest, it just disappears! I need help!

I already added the #GrowVDAY, I just need to tag Growtopia. Is it okay if I put @Growtopia instead?

My account is arkuyi.

TagValentine - A World for Two

http://www.growtopiagame.com/worlds/tagvalentine.png

Story: You were crying out loud, questioning love and everything about it. Love? What is the point of love if your relationship you thought was unbreakable suddenly broke into pieces? Devastated, lonely, heartbroken; you ask for another chance to make everything work again with your partner. And so did Cupid hear you. He told you that he will grant your wish, but you and your partner will be tested. Are you up to the tag team challenge prepared for you in TagValentine?

Concept: The world is built in a way that every challenge would be easier if you communicate well with your partner. Face every challenge together, and sometimes apart from each other. But remember, communication and trust are key - no matter how far of how close you are with each other.

World Stages:

Obeliskus: Separated, you are forced to light uo the obelisks separately to activate the Sungate for your next challenge. Timing is key with your partner! As each of you only have half the number of obelisks on your sides.

Garden of Trivia: Both of you will enter unique gardens full of trivias! Some easy, some hard. But the good part is, the answers to your trivias are in your partner's garden! Communication is key!

Bridge of Trust and Confusion: Both of you will be near each other. One must trust the other to easily overcome this stage. One will enter the portals, while the other will guide which portal you will enter to.

Hallway of Thoughts: Sometimes, you need to face your own thoughts, and answer these on your own. In this hallway, you will be by yourself, and only yourself can help you.
    IGN: Edmush
    Level: 82
    WOTDs: 25
    Growtopia since October 2013
    Forums since September 2014

Sponsored Item:
    The Gungnir (Yes, xAzureHKF is me.)

#AIRANCIENTS Guild Master

Canada: The nation of maple syrup and bacon!

Default VALENEKO: An entry to the Valentine’s Week Building Competition

Name:  valeneko.png
Views: 124
Size:  506.2 KB

This is the love story of our beloved community manager... gone wrong. This is her story of going from rags to riches... back to rags.

It was the evening of Valentine’s Day. NekoRei is walking to the Royal Tower for her well-known date with the Prince of Growtopia, Reg4shi. It was a night she would never forget... but little did she know, it would be for all the wrong reasons.

After a lot of hard work and late nights, this world was finally completed! Among the many amazing features of this world are...

- A thrilling storyline to not miss out on;
    - An original pixel art made by myself;
    - A set of punch and zombie jammers;
    - A password door quiz;
    - A timed parkour with adventure items integrated into it;
    - Tiny symbolic details to not miss out on along the way;

Among many more great features!

Wishing all other entires the best of luck for this competition!

This entry has yet to be posted on Instagram. It will be posted soon after this forums post is up.
    Do also note that none of this storyline is true; it is merely fan-fiction.
    Last edited by Immaculate; 02-23-2019 at 06:59 PM.
    Fix the Royal Lock's silencing feature.

#LeastKnownForumerOver1kPosts

Wanna talk? Send me a PM! IGN: Immaculate

Name:  Screenshot_2019-02-23-23-11-10.png
Views: 104
Size:  798.6 KB

Our entry. Caught up in events far beyond the ordinary, a common baker must navigate the trials of the court, love, and an ancient evil that threatens everything she knows. Will love triumph over hatred? And even if it does, will it be enough? Love will prevail.
    "Flowers grow back, even after they are stepped on."

Default BunnysValentines

Name:  bunnysvalentines.png
Views: 103
Size:  664.6 KB

This is my Growtopia valentine’s building contest submission: BunnysValentines!

After a night at the valentine’s party at the king and queen’s castle, somebody stole the king’s crown and you are being blamed for it. You have until daybreak to get the crown back, otherwise, you get fed to the beast!

Features:
    -P/Z Jammers
    -Antigravity Machine
    -Cave exploring
    -Gravity wells
    -Flappy bird - Growtopia version
    -fun facts about valentine’s day

Song: Perfect by Ed Sheeran, composed by pinkyswear

This world was started right at the start of the building contest. Good luck to all!
    Udder
    Longtime Party Bunny