Thread: WOTD.GA | World of the Day, by Growtopians

Banned

Default WOTD.GA | World of the Day, by Growtopians

Greetings!

I've been seeing more and more complaints about Ubisoft picking bad WOTDs. And, suddenly, while browsing Phemus's discord server (BETA), I've thought of that:
    Why not create a website where people submit their worlds for WOTD?
    And, to make this even cooler, why not even let Growtopians decide which world is the coolest, by implementing an upvote feature?
    The winner would receive a World Lock as a motivational gift, and we could let Ubisoft staff really discover the nice worlds roaming out there!

Interested in helping out? We're in need of a designer, to design the website (should have knowledge in HTML & CSS)

Want to post feedback? Do so by replying!

The thing is, there are no nice worlds. There are a rare few who can actually build and are unmotivated by the treatment WOTDs get and building itself. It's as if there are so many people wanting to be good builders, but very little good builders to help guide them.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    The thing is, there are no nice worlds. There are a rare few who can actually build and are unmotivated by the treatment WOTDs get and building itself. It's as if there are so many people wanting to be good builders, but very little good builders to help guide them.
    But if we could somehow get their worlds to be popular, they would get motivated

I've contacted NekoRei regarding the possibility of implementing a WOTD Selection Team. However, while she did acknowledge this idea that I suggested to her, she still hasn't exactly provided me with any further details. As I've stated in other threads, I'll keep everyone updated on the situation.

Moving on to your idea of having the community vote, I'm definitely against this. You know how most people are. The minute they see a pixel art, their eyes light up. That doesn't go for us builders, though. I'm talking about the other part of Growtopia.

Anyway, the selections haven't been too bad lately if I'm honest... We'll see how this plays out going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    I agree with your point that there aren't many people out there to help guide newer builders, but the thing is, creating quality worlds isn't exactly something that you can teach. It's just something that takes a lot of time and practice.
    You can contact me if you have any questions or concerns, whether it be in-game or via forums. I'm commonly occupied with creating worlds and socializing with players!

Growtopia Username: Lewius

+99999999999

I'm fooken 12 and hate life. Fook school
    Slowly building up a fake persona~
    Discord: scr0nchi#1435

Attachment 223346
    -tq rimouiii

Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3as

[

Aight! I’ll help with the HTML/CSS. 2-3 weeks of development will
    not hurt my music career. Taking a break from music actually.

I really like the idea of this. Just gotta remember on how we are going to put these worlds up for voting. Should it be a render? Are you allowed to visit the world? What happens if the world has a story line? Really interested into what you guys could come up with.
    A mile of road, you can drive a mile.
    A mile of track, you can travel a mile.
    A mile of runway and you have the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh289 View Post
    I've contacted NekoRei regarding the possibility of implementing a WOTD Selection Team. However, while she did acknowledge this idea that I suggested to her, she still hasn't exactly provided me with any further details. As I've stated in other threads, I'll keep everyone updated on the situation.

Moving on to your idea of having the community vote, I'm definitely against this. You know how most people are. The minute they see a pixel art, their eyes light up. That doesn't go for us builders, though. I'm talking about the other part of Growtopia.

Anyway, the selections haven't been too bad lately if I'm honest... We'll see how this plays out going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with your point that there aren't many people out there to help guide newer builders, but the thing is, creating quality worlds isn't exactly something that you can teach. It's just something that takes a lot of time and practice.
    Yeah, it says all.
    MEEP MEEP I'M A SHEEP
    IGN: MeepTheSheep

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Sorry, team of players or ubi staffs?
    may my demise be a promise to you.

they could have just created lots of alts or bribe people to upvote, ya know.....

I dont know HTML & CSS but maybe I can help about other things
    You can make everything
    Just believe...

Please support Growtopia News website

Banned

- - - Updated - - -

A website man, not one that makes official decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchyy View Post
    +99999999999
    Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by MatteuGT View Post
    Aight! I’ll help with the HTML/CSS. 2-3 weeks of development will
    not hurt my music career. Taking a break from music actually.
    Glad to hear that!
    Quote Originally Posted by CanYaNot View Post
    I really like the idea of this. Just gotta remember on how we are going to put these worlds up for voting. Should it be a render? Are you allowed to visit the world? What happens if the world has a story line? Really interested into what you guys could come up with.
    1. They post their world
    2. Nope, they just input the world's name
    3. Yes, the world should be visitable
    4. It will be said in the editor's notes
    5. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KVLEE View Post
    they could have just created lots of alts or bribe people to upvote, ya know.....
    1 vote per device

Quote Originally Posted by GQLDEN View Post
    I dont know HTML & CSS but maybe I can help about other things
    Sure!

1 vote per device..
    You do know that spammers have lots of devices right?

Quote Originally Posted by KVLEE View Post
    1 vote per device..
    You do know that spammers have lots of devices right?
    As far as I know spammers create multiple accounts. Not use many devices. They would be broke if they buy a lot of devices

+99999999999999
    https://i.postimg.cc/Gm4jPsqW/Prismino.png
    <description of this thread, in your own words>[/CENTER]

IGN: RasseGoPro
    Set this up in your forum signature and help us spread word GrowStocks over the Growtopia's Community.

The Online Stock Market

Cool. However there are multiple things that needs to be patched.

Here:

1. Multiple devices. Well seems easily solved even if it requires a level or something, but still can be bypassed.

2. Random people who are being forced or paid to vote. Yep, this cannot be avoided. Desperation at its finest.

3. Friends who doesnt want to turn down on their friend. Mhm, some people feel bad for not choosing them. So they had to even if they dont prefer to.

4. Popularity. Yes. For sure popular people will always get the crown since thats how humanity works.

5. This one random person. Yep, only left an upvote. I

I suggest to have a comment first then the moderator will check if the opinion is valid to be considered as an upvote. This is an efficient way of having a fair voting.
    //include <iostream>
    usingnamespace std;

Int main([])
    /*{
    Int, x; y
    cout >> "Aaa aa a a a a a/n;
    cin >> "x"
    Cout << "cin", cin:
    Return 0
    }
    }
    */
    Huge THANKS for astigmat for correcting the spelling of code! ^-^

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    Cool. However there are multiple things that needs to be patched.

Here:

1. Multiple devices. Well seems easily solved even if it requires a level or something, but still can be bypassed.

2. Random people who are being forced or paid to vote. Yep, this cannot be avoided. Desperation at its finest.

3. Friends who doesnt want to turn down on their friend. Mhm, some people feel bad for not choosing them. So they had to even if they dont prefer to.

4. Popularity. Yes. For sure popular people will always get the crown since thats how humanity works.

5. This one random person. Yep, only left an upvote. I

I suggest to have a comment first then the moderator will check if the opinion is valid to be considered as an upvote. This is an efficient way of having a fair voting.
    1. That's why we use IP based voting alongside a special recipe of milk and flour to make it even better

2. Why would they pay people if what they get is a World Lock only

3. All upvotes are anonymous

4. Well, they worked hard to be popular and there's nothing wrong with that

5. What do you mean?

By the way, people will be able to upvote 3 Worlds Each day. Upvotes will reset everyday

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    1. That's why we use IP based voting alongside a special recipe of milk and flour to make it even better

2. Why would they pay people if what they get is a World Lock only

3. All upvotes are anonymous

4. Well, they worked hard to be popular and there's nothing wrong with that

5. What do you mean?

By the way, people will be able to upvote 3 Worlds Each day. Upvotes will reset everyday
    1. Okay.

2. Sure. No cheating i see.

3. Totally have no idea why.

4. Right then. Seems fair.

5. Oh. Epic. Nevermind then.

3 upvotes a day. Well sure, i agree with the reset.

So everyone can access this voting site right? If yes, then good luck to all of you.
    //include <iostream>
    usingnamespace std;

Int main([])
    /*{
    Int, x; y
    cout >> "Aaa aa a a a a a/n;
    cin >> "x"
    Cout << "cin", cin:
    Return 0
    }
    }
    */
    Huge THANKS for astigmat for correcting the spelling of code! ^-^

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    1. Okay.

2. Sure. No cheating i see.

3. Totally have no idea why.

4. Right then. Seems fair.

5. Oh. Epic. Nevermind then.

3 upvotes a day. Well sure, i agree with the reset.

So everyone can access this voting site right? If yes, then good luck to all of you.
    Yes, everyone can access the website, and I will implement some spam-reducing mechanisms such as recaptcha though I am open to any suggestion because I won't be building the website in the mean time