View Poll Results: Do you agree with my Suggestions?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 92.86%
  • No (if so please say why)

2 7.14%

Thread: How to fix Tournament!

Default How to fix Tournament!

I am in the process of writing a longer Pet Battle review thread that covers all problems I've observed with the game's rather dead feature, but I feel like someone needs to speak up about the current state of the tournament.

Anyway here's a few of the main issues with it, beyond the obvious fact that the developers abandoned Pet Battles right after making 2 glitched/monster abilities, Pet Frog (Spit Mud) and Dryad (Draining Roots).

Issue #1: Too many worlds!

There are 10 Tournament worlds! Including "TOURNAMENT", "TOURNAMENT_1", ..., "TOURNAMENT_9". This is far too many, since during this entire tournament I have never been in a world with more than 10 people, to diversify the battles and make it far harder for people to cheat by "boosting", you should restrict the tournament to 1 WORLD! Obviously if the tournament somehow gains popularity again you could increase the number of worlds, but at this stage I spend more time exiting and entering tournament worlds than I do battling.

Issue #2: People are wusses!

People hide their decks and go from world to world, checking if the world has people with decks they can prey on, they know the counters and avoid them when they see them. This makes for a complex game of cat and mouse, and is a sad excuse of a tournament. People who have Punched Tournament Tickets should ONLY be allowed to enter the TOURNAMENT world if they have a Pet Battle Leash equipped, and should not be allowed to unequip it in the world. This allows people to still spectate, while preventing people from hiding like pathetic losers. The whole top 10 are a group of spineless people who battle once every few hours.

Issue #3: The point system is garbage/easily abusable!

Some people are jerks, they lose a buttload of points with cheap dodgy decks and then come back with their 1800 point ranking and a Dryad/Pet Frog mainstream deck to knock players off the leaderboard, meanwhile the reason higher ranked players become spineless/useless is because they can win as low as 1 point in a battle while still easily losing 30 if they lose a battle, take a page from Clash Royale and make the points won or lost range between 26 and 32, regardless of your rank, this will strongly encourage battling as much as possible rather than picking your battles.

These are easily the 3 biggest issues in the tournament, and each contain solutions to improve them. Feel free to reply with issues you have with anything I've written, questions you might have or anything else you think you should say. Also I'll add a poll to see how many people agree/disagree with the improvements I suggested.

Oh also yes and no, this is somewhat of a complaint more than it is a suggestion so I figured Updates Discussion was more appropriate than the Suggestion Box since it's really got to do with the Pet Battle/Tournament Updates more than it does with suggesting new content.

=== EDIT ===

Other Issues/Suggestions:

- Clean all the Event Consumables from the Battle Rooms because it makes them look messy
    - Add the Tournament Rules to Master Peng's screen
    - Make decks invisible to other players
    Last edited by Oldsock (IGN); 02-11-2019 at 02:27 PM.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

+1. I don't battle much, but these are obvious flaws
    [IGN : Drysock]

[Level : 100/?]

Reached On {19-08-2018}

Oldsock is the greatest dad of all time and he knows why

Trust.
    It takes a long time to build up
    It takes seconds to destroy
    And a lifetime to re-build

https://i.postimg.cc/Gm4jPsqW/Prismino.png
    This Link Grants You A Wish

Lesser Wizard

bump,,,,,,,,,,,,

Revive petbattle too. Add news skills to new pets.
    GrowID: SanaMinatozaki
    Guild: Alliance
    Guild Home: GODOFGUILD

I totally agree with this one! I wanted to join the tournament but when the tournament day comes, i dont see anyone in that world Tournament needs to gain more popularity first!
    Best Regards,
    ~Deterxfox

They really need to fix the old updates first before adding new ones. Tournament and pandemic/apocalypse needs to be fixed.
    IGN: LostKings
    Level: 125
    Achievements: 140/161
    Legendary Items: 3

It's not entirely about the tournament, but we need to get more pagooda blocks from rewards.
    IGN: IxHeroxI
    Ooga Booga, Pensive time.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...80/QYjhVX7.gif

Quote Originally Posted by euia View Post
    Revive petbattle too. Add news skills to new pets.
    Quote Originally Posted by SupForce View Post
    It's not entirely about the tournament, but we need to get more pagooda blocks from rewards.
    I am going indepth on these topics in the larger thread I'm making, however fixing tournament is a more pressing issue than anything else, do you really want months of Gold Dragon Statues to go to people playing hide and go seek?

Add my Opinion too....

- Add a new system to auto-ban (Tourny ban) players that cheating during the event including Boosting. (Dishonorable effect)
    - Add the tournament rules inside the Master Peng screen (rules in-game)
    - Clean all the Dust/Magic Egg/etc from Tournament because it looks messy.
    - Considering there's only a few active tournament players delete/remove some of the Tournament world and make it only 2-3 Worlds (TOURNAMENT_1~TOURNAMENT_3)
    - Higher Points can't battle with the low one
    - Make all the deck invisble (You can't see other people decks)
    - Make an algorithm for point scoring. (If OP Deck beats a lower-grade deck the point
    should be low to)
    IGN : DJSPEAK
    Selling Boss Ghost Equipments DSB, Node, Gij, etc in BUYNODE

We Are Anonymous . We Do Not Mini-Moding . We Do Not Spamming . We Always Forget . Do not Expect me

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknownn View Post
    Add my Opinion too....

- Add a new system to auto-ban (Tourny ban) players that cheating during the event including Boosting. (Dishonorable effect)
    - Add the tournament rules inside the Master Peng screen (rules in-game)
    - Clean all the Dust/Magic Egg/etc from Tournament because it looks messy.
    - Considering there's only a few active tournament players delete/remove some of the Tournament world and make it only 2-3 Worlds (TOURNAMENT_1~TOURNAMENT_3)
    - Higher Points can't battle with the low one
    - Make all the deck invisble (You can't see other people decks)
    - Make an algorithm for point scoring. (If OP Deck beats a lower-grade deck the point
    should be low to)
    - Can you explain the auto-ban system a bit more?
    - added
    - added
    - this is already one of my points
    - not sure they shouldn't be able to battle but it should definitely prioritise matching point ratings
    - I like this one
    - alright

If they implied this, i will join tournament next month
    Little Information About Me
    IGN: R4Z
    Level: 70
    v Services I Provide v

I'm Banned!

Bumping this thread.

Lesser Wizard

yep they should make it invisible to see opponent pets in the Tournament worlds. Make it visible when friendly petbattling
    In addition, Golden Dragon Statues are part of the new legendary quest.

Bumping thread.

I agree with all of the above however i think the invisible decks thing would be unfair. There is no strongest deck and each deck has a weakness, wich means you have to be smart enough to decide when to battle and when to retreat, you dont pick a fight you cant win. I think pet battle is not about randomly spaming buttons, its also strategy. I might be wrong but there are not many players who join tournament, lets say maybe more than 40 people, and usually a player has only 1 deck( 2 pets ), so for example if you beat a player once, next time he see you he wont battle you if you won easily becuase he knows you gonna win again, and even if you change your deck they couldnt see it, people would be even more paranoid than now like they used to hide their pet with sprite or antler, and hide their battle leash with robe ( Thats what Rukie was doing ). This is all just my opinion it might be wrong. Thanks for posting this, i love pet battle! Its the only exciting thing to do in growtopia for me, i hope things will change as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by SKELET0NKING View Post
    I agree with all of the above however i think the invisible decks thing would be unfair. There is no strongest deck and each deck has a weakness, wich means you have to be smart enough to decide when to battle and when to retreat, you dont pick a fight you cant win. I think pet battle is not about randomly spaming buttons, its also strategy. I might be wrong but there are not many players who join tournament, lets say maybe more than 40 people, and usually a player has only 1 deck( 2 pets ), so for example if you beat a player once, next time he see you he wont battle you if you won easily becuase he knows you gonna win again, and even if you change your deck they couldnt see it, people would be even more paranoid than now like they used to hide their pet with sprite or antler, and hide their battle leash with robe ( Thats what Rukie was doing ). This is all just my opinion it might be wrong. Thanks for posting this, i love pet battle! Its the only exciting thing to do in growtopia for me, i hope things will change as you said.
    Reread all 3 suggestions, the main ones that is, and you'll understand, pet battles aren't about fighting only people you know you can beat, that's cowardice talking - the tournament should be honorable!

Lesser Wizard

In a tournament you can't choose who you fight. If the top 2 players have never versed each other, who is the winner? and if the player in 2nd beats the guy in first by not versing him, it's cowardice..

That would make the tickets actually worth it
    I love how people would break friendships for the sake of some yellow lock

Not gonna use fsjal avatar for now

Making a bump.

Bump bump.