Thread: Running Growtopia on Linux

Post Running Growtopia on Linux

Hey just a curious question for anyone out there using Linux.

I am really interested in dual booting my system for something new. Has anyone here tried running Growtopia under wine or something similar? I was actually thinking it might trigger the GT Anti Cheat because it might take it as an illegitimate client I don't really know how the Anti Cheat works but I'm just curious if anyone has tried such things before.

~CyN

Discord.gg/shadowsurfer
    Discord.gg/jenulot

I used to use wine, for my friend whose windows computer could not run GT (Windows 2000, A REAL POTATO) I used Lubuntu and Puppy, You need to get the open GL and direct X when you install, the anti cheat does not bother with Linux (From my experience) But updating the game it a real pain (You Have to Completely Restart) But If you want a challenge it’s fun!
    I Have Played GT On and Off for 3 Years, Still love the game.

I found this XD

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    My bad, forgot Growtopia is a mobile game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CanYaNot View Post
    Hey just a curious question for anyone out there using Linux.

I am really interested in dual booting my system for something new. Has anyone here tried running Growtopia under wine or something similar? I was actually thinking it might trigger the GT Anti Cheat because it might take it as an illegitimate client I don't really know how the Anti Cheat works but I'm just curious if anyone has tried such things before.

I used to use Linux and I used Wine (insert circle hand)

Master Sorcerer

Using Wine to play Growtopia runs pretty fine on my Ubuntu VM. You can use fullscreen mode and completely all PC features as I know. Recommended for Linux users. There won't be problems like you said.
    GrowID ChickyBro
    Discord ChickyBro#0001

Quote Originally Posted by Lopyhupis View Post
    I used to use wine, for my friend whose windows computer could not run GT (Windows 2000, A REAL POTATO) I used Lubuntu and Puppy, You need to get the open GL and direct X when you install, the anti cheat does not bother with Linux (From my experience) But updating the game it a real pain (You Have to Completely Restart) But If you want a challenge it’s fun!
    Seems fun, one thing that is stopping me is that I need Adobe products for my education :/ But thanks for the input!
    ~CyN

Discord.gg/shadowsurfer
    Discord.gg/jenulot

I got a friend using linux as main platform and plays GT with wine without issues.
    It wasn't possible before as the game was protected with Themida which prevented the game to be run in VMs and other platforms.
    A recipe finder. A Growtopia Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    IGN: TK69.
    Level: 114. Title/Dragon/Dragon Wings done.

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    I got a friend using linux as main platform and plays GT with wine without issues.
    It wasn't possible before as the game was protected with Themida which prevented the game to be run in VMs and other platforms.
    I see, cheers!
    ~CyN

Discord.gg/shadowsurfer
    Discord.gg/jenulot

Squire

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    O. I thought the game is still unable to run on VMs.
    aidiot
    lvl 88
    Hardcore farmer.
    I am very good with computers
    and not very creative