Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: The GT discord server is an echo chamber where dissenting opinions are silenced.

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Aztrosist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,332

    Default The GT discord server is an echo chamber where dissenting opinions are silenced.

    my opinion, of course. I’ll happily argue my stance.

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer BiteLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Prank calling crazy jim in gainwings
    Posts
    7,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aztrosist View Post
    my opinion, of course. I’ll happily argue my stance.
    No need, I can't agree more.
    IGN: BiteForce

    Forumer of the year of 2017

    An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but a snarl a day keeps everybody away!


    Legendary quote below
    Quote Originally Posted by Mstyles View Post
    I'm asking you to pay world locks for my 'Bad English' to carve an end

  3. #3

    Default

    NO TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE WHO ARE BANNED FROM THE DISCORD SERVER!!1

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard Smoxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    [JAMMED]
    Posts
    109

    Default

    I love that server but I hate that we are almost not allowed to talk about anything. Yeah, maybe someone got banned from the game or the server but that doesn’t means that you should not be allowed to talk about them.

    About hacks and stuff, of course we should be silenced but not for the people.

  5. #5
    Lesser Wizard revelrous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    not growtopia
    Posts
    375

    Default

    ...There's a collective community Discord???

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer SupForce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    <JAMMED!>
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelrous View Post
    ...There's a collective community Discord???
    Yes, Nenkai's (TK) Server. The biggest growtopia server that is mainly focused on growtopia and isn't dead.
    IGN: IxHeroxI
    Chaos Chaos, I don't know what am I doing with my life


  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer Aztrosist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SupForce View Post
    Yes, Nenkai's (TK) Server. The biggest growtopia server that is mainly focused on growtopia and isn't dead.
    we should change that. you know, the part about it not being dead.

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Nenkaai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aztrosist View Post
    my opinion, of course. I’ll happily argue my stance.
    That's because you hate me personally and your opinion is always biased to begin with. You were banned long ago for being utterly toxic within people.

    Quote Originally Posted by BiteLord View Post
    No need, I can't agree more.
    As I've always said to people it's not our problem if you have terrible reputation as a person, constantly starting off drama off little things that happen ingame with the people is something they obviously like to make fun of, I obviously have my own opinion about it but I'm not going to apply punishments for that
    Unless you're using an alt then it's a different thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoxie View Post
    I love that server but I hate that we are almost not allowed to talk about anything. Yeah, maybe someone got banned from the game or the server but that doesn’t means that you should not be allowed to talk about them.

    About hacks and stuff, of course we should be silenced but not for the people.
    You can talk about anything? That's what the offtopic channels are for unless you didn't see them.
    The reasoning for not talking about somebody who is banned from the server or ingame is that they often promoted in the past doing so which is a negative side and influence for others. What's illegal remains illegal and we do not want to give a positive impression of that.

    Also not sure what you mean by hacks and stuff - anything that is illegal becomes illegal in the server. If you want a server that is solely based on illegal things, then you may start your own. We're attempt to be a legitimate community, meaning such people are unwelcome.


    As for the thread title itself that makes no sense. We wouldn't be so popular if that was the case - if you come with the mindset of bashing an owner by focusing on being toxic and using inappropriate language instead of remaining civil, then a big chunk of respect is missing and we can't allow these people here.
    A recipe finder. A Growtopia Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    IGN: TK69.
    Level: 112. Title/Dragon done.

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer KnightXS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Malaysia but I suck at Malay
    Posts
    3,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BiteLord View Post
    No need, I can't agree more.
    if only you asked yourself why...
    IGN : Liquify



  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Aztrosist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    That's because you hate me personally and your opinion is always biased to begin with. You were banned long ago for being utterly toxic within people.


    As I've always said to people it's not our problem if you have terrible reputation as a person, constantly starting off drama off little things that happen ingame with the people is something they obviously like to make fun of, I obviously have my own opinion about it but I'm not going to apply punishments for that
    Unless you're using an alt then it's a different thing.


    You can talk about anything? That's what the offtopic channels are for unless you didn't see them.
    The reasoning for not talking about somebody who is banned from the server or ingame is that they often promoted in the past doing so which is a negative side and influence for others. What's illegal remains illegal and we do not want to give a positive impression of that.

    Also not sure what you mean by hacks and stuff - anything that is illegal becomes illegal in the server. If you want a server that is solely based on illegal things, then you may start your own. We're attempt to be a legitimate community, meaning such people are unwelcome.


    As for the thread title itself that makes no sense. We wouldn't be so popular if that was the case - if you come with the mindset of bashing an owner by focusing on being toxic and using inappropriate language instead of remaining civil, then a big chunk of respect is missing and we can't allow these people here.
    First of all- i’de like to clear something up. I asked to be banned. You never banned me from your server until two days ago. If i remember correctly, I left your server voluntarily over a year ago. And no, I was not on an ulterior account.

    Second of all- by not having open discussions, aren’t you just encouraging people to have these contraversial conversations outside of the server- somewhere unmoderated where extreme opinions could be pushed? Are we not allowed to agree to disagree with the majority- which happens to be your opinion most of the time?

    My third and final point: I don’t hate you. I feel like I’ve portrayed my emotions towardrs you wrongly; you’ve contributed a great deal to this community, and I respect that. I admit I do get unessesarally heated during debates- but regardless, your lack of emotional connection to the community and this feelings of superiority you have just completley throws me off. In my opinion, your lack of ability to see things from both sides of an argument unbalances the scale so much for me that I just don’t understand your approach to human interaction. And it’s honestly... kind of annoying. I don’t think you understand; I use to have a lot of respect for you. But any time I ever approached you for assistance during the early years when I was still a nobody, or simply asked you for your opinion, you completley blew me off, acting as if the rules didn’t apply to you due to your “exuberant contributions” to the growtopian community. This has happened with several of the people who dislike you. No doubt many of the reasons you’re so strongly disliked by the growtopian community is because you’ve (at least in my perspective) never put in the effort to truely establish a human connection with, well, almost anybody outside of your immediate “inner circle” friends. And that’s dissapointing. But, you do you. If you find never establishing new conmections and blowing people off satisfactory, then you do you, man. But just know- you will never reach the levels of respect the greats of this game (such as Wicker10, who wassuspended and still has a majority of the community’s respect) by acting like that.

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Nenkaai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aztrosist View Post
    First of all- i’de like to clear something up. I asked to be banned. You never banned me from your server until two days ago. If i remember correctly, I left your server voluntarily over a year ago. And no, I was not on an ulterior account.

    Second of all- by not having open discussions, aren’t you just encouraging people to have these contraversial conversations outside of the server- somewhere unmoderated where extreme opinions could be pushed? Are we not allowed to agree to disagree with the majority- which happens to be your opinion most of the time?

    My third and final point: I don’t hate you. I feel like I’ve portrayed my emotions towardrs you wrongly; you’ve contributed a great deal to this community, and I respect that. I admit I do get unessesarally heated during debates- but regardless, your lack of emotional connection to the community and this feelings of superiority you have just completley throws me off. In my opinion, your lack of ability to see things from both sides of an argument unbalances the scale so much for me that I just don’t understand your approach to human interaction. And it’s honestly... kind of annoying. I don’t think you understand; I use to have a lot of respect for you. But any time I ever approached you for assistance during the early years when I was still a nobody, or simply asked you for your opinion, you completley blew me off, acting as if the rules didn’t apply to you due to your “exuberant contributions” to the growtopian community. This has happened with several of the people who dislike you. No doubt many of the reasons you’re so strongly disliked by the growtopian community is because you’ve (at least in my perspective) never put in the effort to truely establish a human connection with, well, almost anybody outside of your immediate “inner circle” friends. And that’s dissapointing. But, you do you. If you find never establishing new conmections and blowing people off satisfactory, then you do you, man. But just know- you will never reach the levels of respect the greats of this game (such as Wicker10, who wassuspended and still has a majority of the community’s respect) by acting like that.
    1. You were already banned on the previous server, meaning if I knew it was you you would've been banned way earlier than two days ago as the "merge" carried those.

    2. Open discussion =/= insults and personal attacks irrelevant to the situation like these immediately after joining a server (I don't know if that's you but it doesn't really matter, just as an example)
    Warning cussing


    3. I rather make it clear - I hardly do want to spend time with somebody who asks generic questions, the more I do that the worse it gets on my end as owner of a server as I get asked over and over, no joke but these types of questions that I get almost daily (how to profit? when is X event? etc etc.) forces me to move on to focus on something more interesting. I believe it's because of that that my server consists of alot of decent beings unlike other ones (i.e owned by mods).

    I don't deny that some people within the community dislike me and I believe that's normal as I just can't be bothered to reply and fullfill people's expectations. The true issue in the GT community is that they are naive, believes anybody who they consider to be "greater". You bring up the Wicker argument - but you don't bring up the fact I do not want to become similar to him, and that I care more about having a more mature community rather than one ultimately consisting of children unable to forge their own opinion, therefore hating on whoever their role model decides to rant at (while also influencing them to make me appear like an idiot using a voice changer on my paragraphs, rather than taking anything seriously.)

    TLDR: My priority is not to become liked by anyone. It's to build a mature community behind this game, whether they like or dislike ubisoft - take this as an example, some members often have opinions whether Ubisoft is running their game well or not, there is no censorship at all.
    Last edited by Nenkaai; 02-12-2019 at 10:38 PM.
    A recipe finder. A Growtopia Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    IGN: TK69.
    Level: 112. Title/Dragon done.

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer BiteLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Prank calling crazy jim in gainwings
    Posts
    7,553

    Default

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    That's because you hate me personally and your opinion is always biased to begin with. You were banned long ago for being utterly toxic within people.


    As I've always said to people it's not our problem if you have terrible reputation as a person, constantly starting off drama off little things that happen ingame with the people is something they obviously like to make fun of, I obviously have my own opinion about it but I'm not going to apply punishments for that
    Unless you're using an alt then it's a different thing.


    You can talk about anything? That's what the offtopic channels are for unless you didn't see them.
    The reasoning for not talking about somebody who is banned from the server or ingame is that they often promoted in the past doing so which is a negative side and influence for others. What's illegal remains illegal and we do not want to give a positive impression of that.

    Also not sure what you mean by hacks and stuff - anything that is illegal becomes illegal in the server. If you want a server that is solely based on illegal things, then you may start your own. We're attempt to be a legitimate community, meaning such people are unwelcome.


    As for the thread title itself that makes no sense. We wouldn't be so popular if that was the case - if you come with the mindset of bashing an owner by focusing on being toxic and using inappropriate language instead of remaining civil, then a big chunk of respect is missing and we can't allow these people here.

    Excuse me, but all I agreed on was dissentious opinions being silenced. Did I mention myself at all? No. You are going off the tangent.
    IGN: BiteForce

    Forumer of the year of 2017

    An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but a snarl a day keeps everybody away!


    Legendary quote below
    Quote Originally Posted by Mstyles View Post
    I'm asking you to pay world locks for my 'Bad English' to carve an end

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer SupForce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    <JAMMED!>
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BiteLord View Post
    - - - Updated - - -




    Excuse me, but all I agreed on was dissentious opinions being silenced. Did I mention myself at all? No. You are going off the tangent.
    It's illegal in-game, and It only make sense to make it also illegal in the server, other than that, you are free to discuss anything, Growtopia, memes, Media, and Off-Topic stuff in the server.
    IGN: IxHeroxI
    Chaos Chaos, I don't know what am I doing with my life


  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer Aztrosist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    1. You were already banned on the previous server, meaning if I knew it was you you would've been banned way earlier than two days ago as the "merge" carried those.

    2. Open discussion =/= insults and personal attacks irrelevant to the situation like these immediately after joining a server (I don't know if that's you but it doesn't really matter, just as an example)
    Warning cussing


    3. I rather make it clear - I hardly do want to spend time with somebody who asks generic questions, the more I do that the worse it gets on my end as owner of a server as I get asked over and over, no joke but these types of questions that I get almost daily (how to profit? when is X event? etc etc.) forces me to move on to focus on something more interesting. I believe it's because of that that my server consists of alot of decent beings unlike other ones (i.e owned by mods).

    I don't deny that some people within the community dislike me and I believe that's normal as I just can't be bothered to reply and fullfill people's expectations. The true issue in the GT community is that they are naive, believes anybody who they consider to be "greater". You bring up the Wicker argument - but you don't bring up the fact I do not want to become similar to him, and that I care more about having a more mature community rather than one ultimately consisting of children unable to forge their own opinion, therefore hating on whoever their role model decides to rant at (while also influencing them to make me appear like an idiot using a voice changer on my paragraphs, rather than taking anything seriously.)

    TLDR: My priority is not to become liked by anyone. It's to build a mature community behind this game, whether they like or dislike ubisoft - take this as an example, some members often have opinions whether Ubisoft is running their game well or not, there is no censorship at all.
    I have made a mistake. I shouldn’t of associated the actions of the members of your discord server with you. I have more of a quarrel with them then I have with you. I actually seem to align with most of your views. I think we differ on how to approach handling people; I try to do my best to assist people who ask for help. in another world, we probably would have been friends. I’ll stop adding fuel to the fire, and I apologize for my previous actions against you. See you around.

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer IMerlinI's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    <worldname>
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aztrosist View Post
    my opinion, of course. I’ll happily argue my stance.
    Nah I can see your point without even ever having joined that server.
    IGN: IMerlinI

    Level: 74

    A tiny vendingshop in IMERLINI!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaurkal View Post
    lol ... Send me this image in PM without censoring his name, I will take care of this kid
    I'm an editor at GrowConomy!


    Stay safe and report Phising here!

  16. #16
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    In my farms
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    The reasoning for not talking about somebody who is banned from the server or ingame is that they often promoted in the past doing so which is a negative side and influence for others. What's illegal remains illegal and we do not want to give a positive impression of that.
    So silencing people is better than letting others have their own opinions and free will to talk about whatever they want? I believe everyone is discerning enough to know that said people who were banned have done illegal things and that they will know better than to do the same. And if you want to talk about illegal stuff, I (and many others) are still waiting for YOU to get banned for your years of datamining.
    Nothing to see here

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •