Thread: How all updates are related to the reliance of world locks and how it can be changed

Default How all updates are related to the reliance of world locks and how it can be changed

So from what I have seen most of the updates don't last long in Growtopia. With the popularity of the update damenishing exponentially within the first 2 weeks. In my opinion these are due to the mechanics of the updates and the main reason is how all these updates have a underlying fixture to world locks.

Most updates introduce new items, and those items are obtainable by completing a certain task or gathering items to make the item. As you might have already guessed you need world locks to get anywhere. You can try farming for gems but the gem output/time it will take you to experience the new update with how long it will take you to get those gems are insanely long.

The solution is to get away from the worldlock mentality. I like how the role quests are designed even tough they require world locks to get the items. Instead of requiring us to make items we should be able to earn them like the legendary orb from the legendary mountain. The initial setup could require an item that you can make but the main focus should be on you actually doing stuff.

For example

Imagine we had a permanent item like the wolf whistle and we have to give it a certain items and once we do that it sends us to a world where we complete a task such as parkour or a trivia and completing this will give us a untradeable tokens that we can buy items in a shop similar to the guild tier reward and we can have a leaderboard for the different categories and how long it toke people to finish it.

With this idea anyone can play and participating isn't dependent on how many world locks you have.

This is just a suggestion but I feel like a structure like this will revive the game no longer do you need to spend 2-3 years gathering enough world locks to participate in events, instead anyone can join and participate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    My brain has too many tabs open.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Machine
    Rich people hang out with Rich people. I see them throw little tea parties while all the noobs watch from the white door.
    Click Me If you are feeling sad

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer7 View Post
    For example
    Imagine we had a permanent item like the wolf whistle and we have to give it a certain items and once we do that it sends us to a world where we complete a task such as parkour or a trivia and completing this will give us a untradeable tokens that we can buy items in a shop similar to the guild tier reward and we can have a leaderboard for the different categories and how long it toke people to finish it.

With this idea anyone can play and participating isn't dependent on how many world locks you have.
    I made suggestion like this, Check; https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...PARKOUR-WORLDS!

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel
    I dont know what should we say to this update name but, This will be based on luck.
    There will be 6 Different Untradeable Item that you can Upgrade to level 5, every level it will get new something. Like; Ancestral level 1-2-3-4-5, Item will be Hair, Necklace, Wing, Shirt, Pant, Shoes

How it works?
    There will be 5 Different parkour worlds(may increase later with updates). If you can complate that parkour world in 10 Mins, you will get stone for upgrading those items.

+ If devs working on PvE, maybe we can get those stones from pve map, like kill all monsters and get stones

How to upgrade new item?
    With stone, also if you fail while upgrading You will lost Stone and upgrade will cost 5k gems(So lost 5k gems too ) And if you fail while upgrading to level 5, you will lost item.

How to enter those parkour worlds?
    What do you think?
    Goal : Legendary | Level 100 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

Lesser Wizard

Default Agree

Sir this is an amazing idea.

You're a prophet, you shall lead us through these dark and very troubling times during the Ubi Regime Era.

God bless you, Slayer7.
    IGN: Auvio
    I started playing Growtopia on April 23, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    I made suggestion like this, Check;

What do you think?
    I love your suggestion as well. Mine was just a suggestion on how they might go about it but yours at the end of the day is based on the same concept. We need something along the lines of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Auvio View Post
    Sir this is an amazing idea.

You're a prophet, you shall lead us through these dark and very troubling times during the Ubi Regime Era.

God bless you, Slayer7.
    **Cough**Cough**Cough*

tone it down a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    My brain has too many tabs open.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Machine
    Rich people hang out with Rich people. I see them throw little tea parties while all the noobs watch from the white door.
    Click Me If you are feeling sad