Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Put some effort picking at least original WOTDs instead of copied ones

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Nenkaai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,402

    Default Put some effort picking at least original WOTDs instead of copied ones

    I'm refering the the WOTD of yesterday which a fairly large chunk of it (60%) contains copied art, is it that hard to reverse search? At least pick something that has actual creativity rather than reproducing what's on the internet and copy pasting it inside a world. I wouldn't mind if worlds themselves get slightly worse, but I and many people just can't stand players claiming their uncredited art as theirs without actual hard work put inside



    Not only that, but this concept keeps on spreading due to such players being overly toxic and defensive as they are actually given the award which literally gives them unneeded attention from ubi staff


    Even if there aren't many quality worlds, at least it should be obvious which ones are WOTD farms. The more you keep on picking these effortless worlds the worst it gets with these people finding the easiest ways get them.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Techy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    5,455

    Default

    I mean it's evident that WOTDs have been neglected as it is inherent that it should become World of the Week or something and that there hasn't been a 2019 Trophy added yet and it has been 2 nearly 3 months into 2019.

    It is also sad to see this player make every single world of his about the same topic: illusions. It's like the same person making a movie on the same alien themed topic every single month or so, try something new.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

    Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer SupForce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    <JAMMED!>
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Just turn it to World of the Week already. Everyday, we keep getting worse and cheaper worlds, It's just a way to get easy profits. Open up google images, buy basic colored blocks, Sell trophy. And then defend yourself in instagram.
    IGN: IxHeroxI
    Ooga Booga, Pensive time.


    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...80/QYjhVX7.gif



  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Skullifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    This has been an issue for so long it's hard to see a change to this in the future. Let's keep our hopes up, though.

    Also yeah this dude has been like this for as long as I can remember, don't bother about him.
    Maybe the world offers something more such as music or storyline or decorative blocks that are hard to see in a render? Idk, lemmekno if you checked it out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SupForce View Post
    Just turn it to World of the Week already. Everyday, we keep getting worse and cheaper worlds, It's just a way to get easy profits. Open up google images, buy basic colored blocks, Sell trophy. And then defend yourself in instagram.
    OR maybe it'd be better to turn the trophy untradeable. That way WOTDs wouldn't be profitable, and moneyhungry people would be left out of the competition to make room for actual builders.

    Contact Me:

    See my thread on respect

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Techy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    5,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas :) View Post
    This has been an issue for so long it's hard to see a change to this in the future. Let's keep our hopes up, though.

    Also yeah this dude has been like this for as long as I can remember, don't bother about him.
    Maybe the world offers something more such as music or storyline or decorative blocks that are hard to see in a render? Idk, lemmekno if you checked it out.

    - - - Updated - - -



    OR maybe it'd be better to turn the trophy untradeable. That way WOTDs wouldn't be profitable, and moneyhungry people would be left out of the competition to make room for actual builders.
    But then there is then absolutely NO motive for building/desiring a WOTD.
    - nobody cares about WOTD
    - nobody visits WOTDs
    - nobody appreciates WOTDs
    - nobody learns to try and make BETTER worlds.
    - trophy is useless, and people only care about wearable show-offs.
    - building is expensive
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

    Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Skullifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    But then there is then absolutely NO motive for building/desiring a WOTD.
    - nobody cares about WOTD
    - nobody visits WOTDs
    - nobody appreciates WOTDs
    - nobody learns to try and make BETTER worlds.
    - trophy is useless, and people only care about wearable show-offs.
    - building is expensive
    1. Sad as I am, can't disagree on that.
    2. ^
    3. Some do, but yeah not too many, people are too focused on profit.
    4. What do you mean?
    5. It's still useful, you can't get a legendary dragon without the trophy.
    6. Well yeah, it is expensive but making WOTD a WOTW won't change that. People would quickly notice that it's harder to get awarded and just abandon building, which is exactly what would happen if the trophy was untradeable.

    The motive will never change, but right now people have a reason to atleast try participate.

    I'm very tired and most likely not making any sense, I'll get back to this topic once I've got some sleep.

    Contact Me:

    See my thread on respect

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer Deftera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    The Getsuyo Shrine
    Posts
    3,374

    Default

    I have been trying to keep my rant alive, yet no responses from the team, I really wish they would just choose original instead of pixel arts
    This is pretty sad but I think they are doing the same for Valentines entries
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and weeb
    Latest Youtube Video:


    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    I have a heart?
    Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    Do you love dragons with your brain?

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer MadameZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Why do you want to know?
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Δευτέρα View Post
    I have been trying to keep my rant alive, yet no responses from the team, I really wish they would just choose original instead of pixel arts
    This is pretty sad but I think they are doing the same for Valentines entries
    If they do the same for Valentines, that'll be pretty low of them, especially after explicitly discouraging copied pixel art in the requirements.
    IGN: MadameZ

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Gungnirs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Beside you ;)
    Posts
    691

    Default

    I just want to keep this thread alive... Bringing up this postt
    IGN : Elyxial
    Level : 81
    Visit my page for more informations...
    Goals :

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer LyveWyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZZZebra94 View Post
    If they do the same for Valentines, that'll be pretty low of them, especially after explicitly discouraging copied pixel art in the requirements.
    What’ll be worse is if some of the better looking worlds are selected, given half of them are copied! Quite sad that in order to compete for a building competition asking for creativity means either stealing Google image art or other players’ fantastic worlds.

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer NoTrollGaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,372

    Default

    WHo exactly selects the WOTD? It'd be funny if all the worlds were thrown into an Random Number Generator and choosen like that lol

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Techy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    5,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas :) View Post
    1. Sad as I am, can't disagree on that.
    2. ^
    3. Some do, but yeah not too many, people are too focused on profit.
    4. What do you mean?
    5. It's still useful, you can't get a legendary dragon without the trophy.
    6. Well yeah, it is expensive but making WOTD a WOTW won't change that. People would quickly notice that it's harder to get awarded and just abandon building, which is exactly what would happen if the trophy was untradeable.

    The motive will never change, but right now people have a reason to at least try to participate.

    I'm very tired and most likely not making any sense, I'll get back to this topic once I've got some sleep.
    4. Every WOTD, I see no improvement, whether it be their very first WOTD, or tenth. People don't see their mistakes on building and carry on because there are hardly any builders who are better, and that is because those who want to build are restricted by costs and no support for builders other than an outdated trophy.
    5. And when it becomes untradeable, you got rich kids trying to make a Legendary Dragon with their gorgeous pixel art soon-to-be WOTDs.
    6. Yes, it won't change that, and that's why building as a whole needs to be updated and thought about.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

    Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Skullifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    4. Every WOTD, I see no improvement, whether it be their very first WOTD, or tenth. People don't see their mistakes on building and carry on because there are hardly any builders who are better, and that is because those who want to build are restricted by costs and no support for builders other than an outdated trophy.
    5. And when it becomes untradeable, you got rich kids trying to make a Legendary Dragon with their gorgeous pixel art soon-to-be WOTDs.
    6. Yes, it won't change that, and that's why building as a whole needs to be updated and thought about.
    4. People take constructive criticism as hate, which is definitely wrong, though sometimes caused by a language barrier. I get ya point.
    5.Yeah but even if they change it to WOTW, there will still be the pixel artists. It'll be easier to just buy the trophy, yes, but still. I think a trophy like that should be kept personal, as proof of actually being worthy of it.

    Contact Me:

    See my thread on respect

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland  Nationality:   Polish
    Posts
    13,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZZZebra94 View Post
    If they do the same for Valentines, that'll be pretty low of them, especially after explicitly discouraging copied pixel art in the requirements.
    Let me remind you that they only said that copied pixel arts give "negative points", not disqualify the world.
    Now watch as all the winners are copied pixel arts and they use that excuse as defense for not giving a .

    ok y'all the pics back

    oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer Deftera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    The Getsuyo Shrine
    Posts
    3,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    Let me remind you that they only said that copied pixel arts give "negative points", not disqualify the world.
    Now watch as all the winners are copied pixel arts and they use that excuse as defense for not giving a .
    They most likely would choose them despite giving negative points
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and weeb
    Latest Youtube Video:


    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    I have a heart?
    Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    Do you love dragons with your brain?

  16. #16
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    I'm refering the the WOTD of yesterday which a fairly large chunk of it (60%) contains copied art, is it that hard to reverse search? At least pick something that has actual creativity rather than reproducing what's on the internet and copy pasting it inside a world. I wouldn't mind if worlds themselves get slightly worse, but I and many people just can't stand players claiming their uncredited art as theirs without actual hard work put inside



    Not only that, but this concept keeps on spreading due to such players being overly toxic and defensive as they are actually given the award which literally gives them unneeded attention from ubi staff


    Even if there aren't many quality worlds, at least it should be obvious which ones are WOTD farms. The more you keep on picking these effortless worlds the worst it gets with these people finding the easiest ways get them.
    I really find this stupid of something for you to do, 1. Anyone could have recreated the pixel art of the heart into more pixels like 8bit app same with the birds you have no evidence of where you found it, where did you find it actually because I have seen @sixold Instagram, I think of this as you're hating and it's immature, over all the copied pixel arts over this year you choose this one, yeah this isn't it.

  17. #17
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    In Your Heart <3
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Pathetic, I would likely to say I was inspired by the art itself, other than that, my story was legit and NekoRei said so .
    Daydrian

    FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM
    https://instagram.com/daydriangt/

    I'm That Crazy Funny Guy That Will Always Make Ur Day Awesome B)

    WOTD COUNT: 9

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer Nenkaai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squid posion View Post
    I really find this stupid of something for you to do, 1. Anyone could have recreated the pixel art of the heart into more pixels like 8bit app same with the birds you have no evidence of where you found it, where did you find it actually because I have seen @sixold Instagram, I think of this as you're hating and it's immature, over all the copied pixel arts over this year you choose this one, yeah this isn't it.
    Rather you seem like some friend trying to support said person. No hate involved, simple constructive critisism that said player cannot take as they delete all negative comments, nothing immature, just you trying to find some desperate words against me.
    I think I made it clear that not only copying is an issue but such toxic players uncrediting it is also another, and this was the perfect example that said player also bothered to also submit for the valentines contest lol.

    Anyways.


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Daydrian View Post
    Pathetic, I would likely to say I was inspired by the art itself, other than that, my story was legit and NekoRei said so .
    Yep, and that exactly proves my main post's point. Story alone isn't worth a World of the day.
    Calling me pathetic when you're the one shamefully using art off the internet. Absurd.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer Liquify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daydrian View Post
    Pathetic, I would likely to say I was inspired by the art itself, other than that, my story was legit and NekoRei said so .
    calling posts like this pathetic when you brag about your low effort copied pixel art world while deleting any possible negative comments on your insta post when it's the truth. irony isn't it?
    IGN : Liquify

    To be talkin' to you,belladonna

  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer Lim Yang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daydrian View Post
    Pathetic, I would likely to say I was inspired by the art itself, other than that, my story was legit and NekoRei said so .
    yr signature contradicts the current situation. Put it simply it irks me. full stop
    IGN : Minidroplets

    Proud Owner of Legendarymountains & Scams

    My favourite quote


    https://i.postimg.cc/Gm4jPsqW/Prismino.png
    <description of this thread, in your own words>

    #Water Ancients [Super inactive there but watever]
    Fan of 鄧紫棋

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •