Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GROWPASS IN GROWTOPIA (NEW GOAL SYSTEM)

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post
    I actually wouldn’t mind this being added. I like the whole daily/weekly/monthly quest part.
    I like the idea but I think the only problem is the players that can't play everyday. If there's daily quests, people won't be able to get the things they want and all the Growpass XP they'd want. Probably would have to depend on the time for resets.
    IGN: dracotdragon
    Twitter: @dracotdragon (where I'm most active )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QiBJ5assm4
    The BiteLordist Forums! Create an account here!

Quote Originally Posted by DracoTDragon View Post
    I like the idea but I think the only problem is the players that can't play everyday. If there's daily quests, people won't be able to get the things they want and all the Growpass XP they'd want. Probably would have to depend on the time for resets.
    Growpass will stay there for few months. Also for example if you cant complete daily quests today, tomorrow it will wait for you, also you can get progress on monthly and weekly quests too. For noobs, there will be fishing and break *** amount of blocks, splice and more quests too. But they have to work more than other with this kind of quests(break or splice).
    Last edited by GrowPixel; 06-21-2019 at 03:34 PM.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

Some reward suggestion: There should be something that we can develop our account(Flag, skin and more.). You can add your suggestion to this thread
    Name:  Growpass_rewards.png
Views: 113
Size:  32.6 KB

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    Some reward suggestion: There should be something that we can develop our account(Flag, skin and more.). You can add your suggestion to this thread
    Name:  Growpass_rewards.png
Views: 113
Size:  32.6 KB
    Would this be for getting supporter skins? If so then YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Elyrion View Post
    Would this be for getting supporter skins? If so then YES!
    Actually i made new skin for super supporter but your idea good too. There will be super supporter skin for Normal Branch.

Name:  SUPERRR.png
Views: 115
Size:  72.7 KB
    Last edited by GrowPixel; 07-14-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Master Sorcerer Sprite Lightning's Avatar

Thumbs down

Don't we already have a battle pass in the form of Season Clashes? I would rather see devs improving it instead of implementing yet another feature that needs to be updated regularly.
    In-game name: Zierfandler
    Growtopia Wiki's admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite Lightning View Post
    Don't we already have a battle pass in the form of Season Clashes? I would rather see devs improving it instead of implementing yet another feature that needs to be updated regularly.
    Season Clashes and roles are 'completely' different. For Growpass, Everytime you will have quests to complete them. Best thing is you will rewarded after completing them. It's something like carnival quests but i think growpass is better. Because always people doing quests for only rings, But in growpass, there will be 40 new items, 1 exclusive flag, 1 Special growpass skin and 2 Untradeable item!
    Last edited by GrowPixel; 06-22-2019 at 12:09 AM.

Master Sorcerer Sprite Lightning's Avatar

Season Clashes and roles are 'completely' different. For Growpass, Everytime you will have quests to complete them. Best thing is you will rewarded after completing them. It's something like carnival quests but i think growpass is better. Because always people doing quests for only rings, But in growpass, there will be 40 new items, 1 exclusive flag, 1 Special growpass skin and 2 Untradeable item!
    Huh? At the core they are still a tiered rewarding system where players need to complete normal in-game activities in order to unlock the prizes.

I'm not sure having two iterations of the battle pass mechanism in a single game is a good decision.
    In-game name: Zierfandler
    Growtopia Wiki's admin.

lol look epic gamer fortnut yes haha!
    https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/2/2e/Demoman_autodejectedtie04.wav
    Secret audio
    Beep boop, maggot!

Huh.

I was reading the whole thread and no one brought up tha problem yet.

The "Permanently added work".

Growtopia's updates can be put into two categories:
    1) One time things(like steampunk or paint)
    2) Constant-update/improvement type(guilds)

Your idea falls under catagory 2. This will give more overall work to the staff or whoever makes these items.

As a good estimate, Growtopia adds...lets say 100 new items every 6 months. Now, your asking for basically staff to spend 40% of their time making new items for this?(not to forget, guild items are practically taking up 1/3rd of the current new items made already.

New items/updates will be slowed dramatically by this.

As well as this, another argument is yet to be brought up.

Like in Guild updates, there was always the Final legendary branch item. An untradable item that many people worked hard for.

This stressed many players out feeling like they will lose a one in a lifetime opportunity to either get that item, or not.
    That is the reason why they removed it/plan to.

Adding limited items will stress more players.

Both achieving the final branch item AND your suggestion for the untradable items are highly similar, so will probably result in similar effects.

Both require you to do certain activities, and aftering doing a certain amount, finish your goal.

The ONLY difference I see in this and the guild update is you won't be needing tools.

For these two main reasons(development of new items and overall stress from untradable items), I disagree with you on making this update.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    This will give more overall work to the staff or whoever makes these items. As a good estimate, Growtopia adds...lets say 100 new items every 6 months. Now, your asking for basically staff to spend 40% of their time making new items for this?

New items/updates will be slowed dramatically by this.
    You must check about the update items list: https://growtopia.fandom.com/wiki/Gr...s_History#2019
    March Update > 50 New Items
    April Update > 50 New Items
    May Update > 49 New Items
    June Update > 48 New Items...

Also on Growpass, there will be 5 spot for tokens(For example 20 token for 27th spot), 5 spot for gems(30k gems for 25th spot) and more... So, there will be 25-30 new items for growpass...

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    The ONLY difference I see in this and the guild update is you won't be needing tools.
    What do you mean? Are you doing quests for getting new items on guild events? No... For example for guild surgery event, you just have to perform 100-130surgery for that week, thats all... Next week can be punch 1000 times for complating that week quests...
    With growpass, that 'perform 100-200surgery' will be on monthly quests and there will be a lot of more that you need to do. For example for daily quests, it will ask you to find 3 radioactive items to get 300xp. Everysingle activate will give you xp for growpass if you complete that quest. It's awesome!
    Last edited by GrowPixel; 06-29-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Default Bumppp

Bump

better to make it like this:

supporters normal branch
    super supporter branch

supporters need to pay 200k

super supporters 500k (they will get both)

and all rewards are untradeable and some are limited for each season and will never come back!
    IGN: Zarmion

Quote Originally Posted by Xrmion View Post
    better to make it like this:

supporters normal branch
    super supporter branch

supporters need to pay 200k

super supporters 500k (they will get both)

and all rewards are untradeable and some are limited for each season and will never come back!
    No, normal branch should be for beginners(for free). And 100,000 gems is good price for everyone.

If this does get added into the game, don't you think there's a chance of it costing real money? This is a huge opportunity for Ubisoft to make a lot of cash, so why would they miss out on it?
    IGN: Vrags
    Thingamabob at skill 43
    Legendary Wings on 1/9/19

Quote Originally Posted by Vrags View Post
    If this does get added into the game, don't you think there's a chance of it costing real money? This is a huge opportunity for Ubisoft to make a lot of cash, so why would they miss out on it?
    I don't think they would do that. It's impossible..

this thread will die without my BUMP!
    IGN: Zarmion

Quote Originally Posted by Xrmion View Post
    this thread will die without my BUMP!
    Hahaha, thank you very much

Also i just realized that this thread been here for 4 months I think it's time to make new suggestion! (I have a great idea, coming soon!)

Nothing to say here..

But there's a few things I have to say bout this..
    Its great and all, and I'm pretty sure its kinda have the same mechanics as like a normal pass like PUBG, Fortnite and some other, and the thing that doesnt use real money and instead an In-game currency was a bliss idea, and I like that. For the Supporter Branch that was implemented as free was a genuine idea, since probably have normal common rewards and sometimes no rewards (as shown in the pic) and plenty of rewards for Super Supporter that have to pay around 100k was fine I guess (I'm still a supporter). Most companies require real money to buy in-game currency to buy an upgraded pass while this one, you can easily obtain the gems by breaking ur farmables and doing some BFG or you can just buy a gem pack, whichever you like.

Overall, this is a nice idea to get the game a little bit of wee fun times. And to be fair, I'm pretty sure you don't need to spend a lot of WLS too much. Just requires sum sick skillz to do.

also have a free bump
    What, You Egg?
    [He Stabs Him]

No, normal branch should be for beginners(for free). And 100,000 gems is good price for everyone.
    why not add 3 brances? normal, supporter, super supporter. beginning costs 20,000 gems for supporters, 30,000 for super supporters; they get both branches. the regular branch is free. The more the merrier.
    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidSpam View Post
    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism